Photo
- - - - -

Halo 4 Limited Edition Pre-Order Deals! Going OOS in multiple places.

• Please log in to reply
604 replies to this topic

#361 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

Seems like you have cash to burn. Personally, I don't cash but I'd do the following assuming I had $200~ to blow.

Get the Halo Console for $350. Sell 1 of the exclusive controllors for $60-75. Sell that FOTUS armor or whatever it is for $50. Sell your LE for $35 profit on ebay. Total for console after selling your stuff comes to... $205 ~ give or take $15.

If you sell your preorder bonus, you might make more. Good luck!

A good deal of best buy credit. And I'm afraid my xbox is getting close to retirement. Its getting louder, games freeze more often, and the dashboard has gotten really slow to load... Rather be proactive.

I just wonder what kind of BF deals there will be on the console (not necessarily the Halo console, but the 250GB console itself.) If I had to choose between the $250 slim and the $350 halo, I'd go with halo. But if they start dropping the $250 console under $200, that would def. make me reconsider. If only black friday was tomorrow...

Posted Image

#362 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

LE seems like a great deal now. Game, Map Packs, The live action mini series, goodies.
Halo delivers again.

Not sure how good reviews make this LE better than it was yesterday. Actually makes me have no problem cancelling mine and just buying the game and map pack.

#363 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

Not sure how good reviews make this LE better than it was yesterday. Actually makes me have no problem cancelling mine and just buying the game and map pack.

If you're a collector, you wouldn't want a LE of a bad game would you? No. I'm a true halo fan since day 1 so ill definately be getting the LE no matter what. Besides for $15 extra bucks ($15 being because I was going to buy war games map pass anyway) you get a steelbook, poster, digital movie, early specializations, and a limited numbered box.

#364 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

If you're a collector, you wouldn't want a LE of a bad game would you? No. I'm a true halo fan since day 1 so ill definately be getting the LE no matter what. Besides for $15 extra bucks ($15 being because I was going to buy war games map pass anyway) you get a steelbook, poster, digital movie, early specializations, and a limited numbered box.

What makes someone a "true Halo fan" in your eyes? None of those extras are worth possibly losing a chance to PM if these really are limited (so it's unlikely any stores have them after a couple weeks to even put them on sale).

This LE just isn't worth the price when there really isn't anything exclusive besides the steel book.

#365 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

What makes someone a "true Halo fan" in your eyes? None of those extras are worth possibly losing a chance to PM if these really are limited (so it's unlikely any stores have them after a couple weeks to even put them on sale).

This LE just isn't worth the price when there really isn't anything exclusive besides the steel book.

Well to me, it is definately worth the extra $15 bucks. Besides unless you're a silver member for best buy then you most likely wont see a sale within for the 30 day period for the store that you bought it from

#366 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

You do realize that you can EASILY sell the avatar and armor codes on eBay for at least $50, right? How is it not worth it when you're basically getting the game + all the map packs for less than the base game?

630736.png

#367 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

No monk chants is an automatic no buy in my book.

#368 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

Currently available at the Microsoft store. Click link in first post.

#369 veronesepk

veronesepk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

Currently available at the Microsoft store. Click link in first post.

LE + Pulse Armor Skin? I could hug you. In for 1!

#370 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

Since this is currently being edited, the amazon link leads to the console.

Edit: ignore this as amazon just has the pictures mixed up.

Edited by Evolved, 02 November 2012 - 04:58 PM.

#371 luxarific

luxarific

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

Re the MS Store, does the $10 coupon plus 1600 live points offer apply to preorders of the Halo LE or just to the standard edition?

EDIT: answering my own question: just the standard edition.

#372 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

Re the MS Store, does the $10 coupon plus 1600 live points offer apply to preorders of the Halo LE or just to the standard edition?

Seems like only standard. I only got the pulse armor with my order.

#373 Illmatic73

Illmatic73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Buy.com did have a listing up for this back when I preordered in June for $75 shipped...it's just a matter if they will ship my copy since the Mass Effect 3 CE and Borderlands 2 ULC cancellation incidents. *fingers crossed* lol

#374 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

Is anyone able to switch their pre order on Amazon to 1 day shipping? My LE which I've had on order for about 2 months says I can switch it to one day shipping despite the fact that 2 day shipping is "release date" delivery. I tried ordering a standard Halo 4 and it won't allow me to change or pick one day shipping. I would change the LE if I hadn't sold it on eBay already. So I'm going to GS at ~9 pm on Monday, paying off my pre order, then we get to go into the movie theater and play Halo 4 for 3 hours!

Formerly known as slickkill77

#375 latin trident

latin trident

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

I'm having trouble getting people to pay for their preorder on ebay. Driving me crazy! Only people with paypal accounts can bid too and the people that won have 50+ positive feed back and the other 140+ positive feedback

Edit: 1 person paid :) Still waiting on the other person

Edited by latin trident, 02 November 2012 - 07:37 PM.

#376 strawyleader997

strawyleader997

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

What bonuses do you get for going to the midnight release at Best Buy? How early do people start lining up(I've never been to one before)?

#377 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

What bonuses do you get for going to the midnight release at Best Buy? How early do people start lining up(I've never been to one before)?

Depends how popular the game is and how big your population is. For my gamestop, the last midnight release I went to was Halo 3 I believe. People were there from about 10-10:30. I was 15th in line and I left my house at I believe 11:15. By the time 12 rolled around, I'd say there were 20-30 people in line.

If they do tickets it is really helpful. My gamestop is handing out tickets so you can go home if you want or you can go into the Baywalk movie theater and play multiplayer on the big screen.

Bonuses usually depend on the game. Sometimes you'll get shirts, and other small little freebies.

Formerly known as slickkill77

#378 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

Thought this was the other Halo 4 topic, my bad

Edited by dgwillia006, 02 November 2012 - 10:11 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#379 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

Spoiler

Hopefully someone who works at Best Buy would be able to let you know if anything good will be there at midnight.

#380 BlindPete

BlindPete

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

encase people missed the thread i made. Dell.com has limited edition pre orders still up.

http://accessories.u...k=baynoteSearch

#381 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

At the midnight release for Halo Reach at Best Buy I got a Noble team beanie hat and an inflatable energy sword for free.

PS - if any CAGs are looking for a Halo teammate, feel free to add me. My gamertag is Dund3r. Yes, I have a mic and I play to win!
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#382 latin trident

latin trident

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

At the midnight release for Halo Reach at Best Buy I got a Noble team beanie hat and an inflatable energy sword for free.

PS - if any CAGs are looking for a Halo teammate, feel free to add me. My gamertag is Dund3r. Yes, I have a mic and I play to win!

I'm going to add you just because of your name. My gt is latin trident

#383 strawyleader997

strawyleader997

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

So how early should I get there if I want to be at least 10th in line.

#384 hustletron

hustletron

poop dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

Anyone know anything about the DLC with the console? Is it a separate rave card inside the box or is it packaged inside the game???

Not wanting the console but wanting the armor.

fs_overall.png

#385 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

Anyone know anything about the DLC with the console? Is it a separate rave card inside the box or is it packaged inside the game???

Not wanting the console but wanting the armor.

I heard it's a separate card and it's going for pretty high on eBay. I've seen the set of DLC from the console going over $100.

#386 veronesepk

veronesepk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

LE appears to be OOS from Microsoft store.

#387 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

I heard it's a separate card and it's going for pretty high on eBay. I've seen the set of DLC from the console going over $100.

100 is cheap, highest iv seen is like 220, iv presold 1 for 160 and another for 120, im buying 2 of the consoles, one to peice off on ebay to cover my costs, the other to keep, and I dont really need the dlc

#388 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

Amazon is worthless. They just sent me an email that my Halo 4 LE was canceled because they could not process my debit card. I'm fighting with them through emails to re-open the order but they keep telling me to just re-order it again, which obviously is not possible.
Posted Image

#389 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

Amazon is worthless. They just sent me an email that my Halo 4 LE was canceled because they could not process my debit card. I'm fighting with them through emails to re-open the order but they keep telling me to just re-order it again, which obviously is not possible.

That sucks. But I would recommend calling them. Emailing will only grow tiresome.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png

#390 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

PM me if you still want this. I'm most likely not going to keep my copy.