Photo
- - - - -

Halo 4 Limited Edition Pre-Order Deals! Going OOS in multiple places.

• Please log in to reply
604 replies to this topic

#31 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:32 AM

Anyone know when Best Buy online charges you for your order? Thinking about adding it for in-store pickup and cancelling if I change my mind

#32 shopsmarts

shopsmarts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:07 AM

It seems overpriced at 100 for what it's in there for mostly digital stuff. I'm positive it will still be available for less during the holiday sale and for much less later.
Ballin' on a budget

#33 Blackjack13

Blackjack13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:27 AM

Anyone know when Best Buy online charges you for your order? Thinking about adding it for in-store pickup and cancelling if I change my mind

My preorder I placed for in-store pickup has been pending since I ordered it. So, it looks like they charge you right away.

I'm pretty excited for Halo 4. I'm a big Halo fan and Halo 4 looks to be in good hands with 343i. Definitely my most anticipated game this winter.

#34 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:48 AM

They place an authorization charge (to ensure you have enough funds) and it disappears after a few days. I don't know how it works if you use a debit card. Sometimes authorization charges keep the balance even though they disappear. This would be an issue if you use a debit card for your preorder because it might hold the cost indefinitely. If you have a credit card and have a decent amount of credit then this shouldn't be an issue.

I placed an online order for black ops 2 care package edition for in store pick up with my cc and they placed an authorization on my account and then it eventually disappeared off my activity. I don't know if it affected my overall line of credit but I know for a fact that I will not be required to pay that amount until the game ships / I pick it up.

#35 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:17 AM

They place an authorization charge (to ensure you have enough funds) and it disappears after a few days. I don't know how it works if you use a debit card. Sometimes authorization charges keep the balance even though they disappear. This would be an issue if you use a debit card for your preorder because it might hold the cost indefinitely. If you have a credit card and have a decent amount of credit then this shouldn't be an issue.

I placed an online order for black ops 2 care package edition for in store pick up with my cc and they placed an authorization on my account and then it eventually disappeared off my activity. I don't know if it affected my overall line of credit but I know for a fact that I will not be required to pay that amount until the game ships / I pick it up.

BB seems to do a recurring authorization/hold. It goes away, but will keep popping back up. Pretty weird.

#36 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:05 AM

I have the LE pre ordered at Best Buy.
This is pretty much the only series I need to have on launch day.

Considering signing my wife up for Unlocked, so I can get another $20 Reward when I order the Halo 4 console. I'll have to see what next months coupons are like first, to see if it would be worth it to have extras. This current month sure wasn't worth it.

#37 KENFL0

KENFL0

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:21 AM

Already preordered at bestbuy, 3 map packs made this a must buy for me

#38 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:41 AM

FRICK! I needed to pre-order this at GameStop so I could use my GCs

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#39 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:28 AM

No statue no deal. I'm sure MS will be printing these things like crazy, and that day the price drops I'll be there.

#40 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:57 AM

FYI that map pack collection is being sold a la carte at Gamestop for $25 (2000 Allards.)

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#41 Viper187

Viper187

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

I don't think it will be rare. I won't rule it out though. I thought the CE of Darksiders 2 was gonna be something I could pick up on the cheap but I missed the boat on that one. Once they went OOS they were gone for good. Now it seems to be third party or nothing.

Either way, it truly could go either way, with LE's of Reach still sitting on shelves I think that its possible this could go the other way.

Plus, I don't buy LE's because I hope they will be rare and valuable. I buy them for my game room. Especially the ones with statues or other things that display well. I don't care if they are valuable on ebay, their value to me isn't monetary.

and until the bastard companies start telling us exactly how limited their "limited" editions really are, we're screwed.
Mentally Irregular - Just an awesome book. Nothing else like it.

#42 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

You guys have to start realizing that Bestbuy and Gamestop are ordering CE's and LE's close to or a little above how many pre-orders they receive because they are getting tired of ordering a bunch of oversized ones and not selling through them forcing them to mark them down. I've been told this by numerous BB reps already so we not gonna see as much floating around in store's like before because they are ordering close to the amount of pre-orders they receive before the cut-off date.

#43 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:47 AM

You guys have to start realizing that Bestbuy and Gamestop are ordering CE's and LE's close to or a little above how many pre-orders they receive because they are getting tired of ordering a bunch of oversized ones and not selling through them forcing them to mark them down. I've been told this by numerous BB reps already so we not gonna see as much floating around in store's like before because they are ordering close to the amount of pre-orders they receive before the cut-off date.

Pretty much this. Have you guys started to notice the trend? The days of printing CE's and LE's is long gone. The economy has changed and companies can't afford to have stock that isn't moving. Inventory cost is pretty important because if you aren't selling what you have, it comes up as a liability on those financial statements.

Look at the recent trend with these editions though. Just recently, Dead or Alive 5 is pretty much OoS (granted it was an exclusive to GS but it wasn't mass produced), Borderlands 2 Loot Chest and Deluxe (some in stock on amazon for 360 and PC) are pretty damn rare, Darksiders 2, Black Ops 2 Care Package (places are not stopping preorders), MW3 Hardened Edition was hard to find at launch, Mass Effect 3 was also hard to find at launch, and the list goes on and on. Even a game like FFXIII-2 CE isn't just sitting at your local stores anymore (amazon only has it for ps3).

Yes you can get lucky and find this stuff sitting in clearance sometimes, even so, I think these days are mostly over. If you want a CE, throw down a preorder. If you end up not wanting it down the line, there is something called a receipt where you can return it to the store OR you can flip it on eBay usually for profit / above MSRP.

#44 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:58 AM

Pretty much this. Have you guys started to notice the trend? The days of printing CE's and LE's is long gone. The economy has changed and companies can't afford to have stock that isn't moving. Inventory cost is pretty important because if you aren't selling what you have, it comes up as a liability on those financial statements.

Look at the recent trend with these editions though. Just recently, Dead or Alive 5 is pretty much OoS (granted it was an exclusive to GS but it wasn't mass produced), Borderlands 2 Loot Chest and Deluxe (some in stock on amazon for 360 and PC) are pretty damn rare, Darksiders 2, Black Ops 2 Care Package (places are not stopping preorders), MW3 Hardened Edition was hard to find at launch, Mass Effect 3 was also hard to find at launch, and the list goes on and on. Even a game like FFXIII-2 CE isn't just sitting at your local stores anymore (amazon only has it for ps3).

Yes you can get lucky and find this stuff sitting in clearance sometimes, even so, I think these days are mostly over. If you want a CE, throw down a preorder. If you end up not wanting it down the line, there is something called a receipt where you can return it to the store OR you can flip it on eBay usually for profit / above MSRP.

I would like to counter this argument with Max Payne 3, Old Republic Online, Skyrim, and ect.

Halo I just have this feeling there will be plenty of stock. It is a flagship title after all.

#45 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

There's nothing difficult to mass produce in this CE as well, something to keep in mind. If they want to make a ton, they can and will ... a steelbook, dlc and art book are fairly easy to reprint if necessary.

-edit - actually there isn't even an art book .. just some posters and paper stuff ... $100 is way too high, even with DLC .... I almost guarantee this won't be rare

#46 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

I'll also be waiting for the inevitable sale on this.

#47 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:05 AM

FF13-2 CE is not rare. Neither is Max Payne 3 Saints Row the Third, uncharted 3, Not even Niche Collectors Editions like Record of Agarest are hard to find. Your argument is invalid.

#48 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:36 AM

-edit - actually there isn't even an art book .. just some posters and paper stuff ... $100 is way too high, even with DLC .... I almost guarantee this won't be rare

You pretty much pre pay for 3 map packs.

#49 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

FF13-2 CE is not rare. Neither is Max Payne 3 Saints Row the Third, uncharted 3, Not even Niche Collectors Editions like Record of Agarest are hard to find. Your argument is invalid.

In b4 lrn 2 read. First off, I never said FFXIII-2 CE was rare. All I said was you can't stroll into your local store and buy it. Can I walk into my local Target or Best Buy and find it sitting on a shelf? No. Secondly, I didn't list those games that you listed in your post. Someone counter argued the titles I listed. THIS is a valid argument. You bundling my example titles with the second titles posted doesn't count towards MY argument.

Most of the titles I listed ARE rare and tend to go above MSRP on eBay which tends to support the fact that they are hard to find. I accept the examples of the counter argument. With that being said, no one can predict the market or how many they will produce. Just because Halo is a flagship title doesn't mean they will print thousands upon thousands of copies. It still costs money to produce these things. MW3 has sold over 18 million copies over three platforms. Does this mean they printed 18 million copies of the hardened edition? No. Borderlands 2 is insanely popular right now but they ran out of Loot Chests; they printed 51,000 of those.

With all that being said, maybe they will overproduce Halo LE, who really knows. I will still preorder because it isn't that bad of a deal when it comes with all that stuff.

#50 247

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:08 PM

Lmao
http://www.amazon.co...ords=HAlo reach

#51 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

Yeah, even though there's no real precedent of previous Halo CE's being super hard to find right after release, I still got a couple of orders in...thanks for posting this. I've been kind of caught sleeping on some of the stuff that ended up being super rare lately (Darksiders 2, Loot Chest, etc.), so I didn't want this to happen with the Halo CE, since it's one of the main games I'll be playing this fall. Was able to snag two pre-orders yesterday at my local BB.

I know that I am going to keep one to play, and most likely, one sealed; so if they look pretty abundant a month or so after release, and/or see some early deep discounting, I'll have 45 days to return my 2nd copy to BB, and rebuy a 'keeper' copy for cheaper.

#52 cakefoo

cakefoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

Lmao
http://www.amazon.co...ords=HAlo reach

Now show us where on Amazon we can preorder the game this thread is about... It doesn't matter what happens in the past. What matters is what the publishers are choosing to do in the present and recent past and near future.

#53 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

Has anyone else noticed the huge amount of retail exclusive DLC this game is receiving ... I'm sorry but it really seems like they're whoring out the Halo franchise on this go round, what with so many different DLC options that appear to be both vanity and mode based ... remember when the old Halo games included these options and you could unlock them by playing the game ... shocking ...

#54 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:00 PM

Seriously guys, if you wanna roll the dice, just pre-order it.

If you don't, STFU...we all know the rhetoric behind C.E.'s.

I keep thinking there are updates to this thread only to find bored CAG's debating.

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#55 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:06 PM

What update are you looking for exactly? This is a thread about a CE ... there is no sale, there will be no sale ... this isn't even really a deal. It's not even sold out everywhere ... I'm unclear on what exactly you're waiting for people to post in here "It's Nov. 6th ... I gots it!!"

?

#56 cakefoo

cakefoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

What update are you looking for exactly? This is a thread about a CE ... there is no sale, there will be no sale ... this isn't even really a deal. It's not even sold out everywhere ... I'm unclear on what exactly you're waiting for people to post in here "It's Nov. 6th ... I gots it!!"

?

The OP sets up the expectations of readers quite clearly, I thought... People just want to know when retailers sell out, so they can gauge how truly limited the edition will be.

#57 swift fix

swift fix

first person gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:36 AM

I decided to bite on a pre-order from Best Buy. Unfortunately the option for store pickup was unavailable.

#58 hustletron

hustletron

the struggle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

May just end up preordering a bunch of different places, then return/get my money back after I get the skins, huehuehue

fs_overall.png

#59 bfett9

bfett9

Stop Looking at Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:19 PM

For those buying at BBY I got them to PM MS deal for $25 g-card (apparently in store the deal applies to LE as well as normal and I have one near me) Also the @Gamers Club pre-order deal still applies so you do get the $20 Cert.
Posted Image

#60 aceattorney

aceattorney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

For those buying at BBY I got them to PM MS deal for $25 g-card (apparently in store the deal applies to LE as well as normal and I have one near me) Also the @Gamers Club pre-order deal still applies so you do get the $20 Cert.

My BB would NEVER do that. Lucky dude!