Photo
- - - - -

Halo 4 Limited Edition Pre-Order Deals! Going OOS in multiple places.

• Please log in to reply
604 replies to this topic

#61 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:27 PM

Lmao
http://www.amazon.co...ords=HAlo reach

Uhh.. i paid 15$ for that from BB on BF. It is cool looking and will do it again with Halo 4 LE, which actually looks better from what i can tell.

#62 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

If its OOS online and for store pickup, i assume the same goes for instore pre-orders?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#63 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:40 AM

If its OOS online and for store pickup, i assume the same goes for instore pre-orders?

Yeah I just checked in-store and it was a no-go. Hopefully they pop up again.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#64 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:59 AM

You guys have to start realizing that Bestbuy and Gamestop are ordering CE's and LE's close to or a little above how many pre-orders they receive because they are getting tired of ordering a bunch of oversized ones and not selling through them forcing them to mark them down. I've been told this by numerous BB reps already so we not gonna see as much floating around in store's like before because they are ordering close to the amount of pre-orders they receive before the cut-off date.

This is true for retail stores like gamestop and bestbuy where shelfspace has a high premium, however it doesn't effect online stores like amazon and newegg where warehouse space is significantly cheaper, so not sure why they would already be sold out

does target accept full returns in store for orders placed online?

#65 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:31 AM

This is true for retail stores like gamestop and bestbuy where shelfspace has a high premium, however it doesn't effect online stores like amazon and newegg where warehouse space is significantly cheaper, so not sure why they would already be sold out

does target accept full returns in store for orders placed online?

Actually, warehouse space is very limited as well. Amazon and New Egg want to get the items in and ship them out as soon as possible. Stacks of anything sitting around cost them money and space they could be using for something else with a higher margin.

#66 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:38 AM

Actually, warehouse space is very limited as well. Amazon and New Egg want to get the items in and ship them out as soon as possible. Stacks of anything sitting around cost them money and space they could be using for something else with a higher margin.

yes there's a cost but it's a ton cheaper than retail space

#67 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:48 PM

Anyone heard if these retailers are going to restock? The game just went gold, doesn't come out for another 40 days.

I may preorder this just because I know I'll get the map packs anyway and I might as well get instant access to the multiplayer specializations right off the bat.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#68 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

Could be also because for $20 more your getting all the maps. Correct?
Then again I'm sure that's why they will do a season pass. I'm not all convinced on maps in general with Halo because while the map packs have been decent they haven't been any must haves for me after Halo 2. I rather get the standard game and download the maps on sale in the long run.

#69 Carbonite

Carbonite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:05 AM

Walmart went OOS online.

Last time I was in there you couldn't reserve the LE, only the standard edition, so no more reserving the Limited Edition at Walmart as a whole. Unless other Walmart's do let you reserve it in store.

And somehow I missed it but Best Buy is OOS now too.

#70 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:11 AM

Didn't realize that these were going to be hot. Glad I got my preorder in.

#71 nnarum

nnarum

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

You sure Walmart is OOS? I just added to my cart online. Says ship to arrive 11/6

#72 Kitoro

Kitoro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

This is how it always goes. By this time next year the Limited Editions will be going for $30 and the Legendary Edition (or whatever they call it now) will be going for $50 or less.

#73 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

This is how it always goes. By this time next year the Limited Editions will be going for $30 and the Legendary Edition (or whatever they call it now) will be going for $50 or less.

That's cool

#74 Carbonite

Carbonite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

There is no legendary edition this time. Only the LE.

I won't dispute how the LE will go with you as I know it could go either way this time.

#75 FQRizzo

FQRizzo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:13 PM

Eh, this isn't some niche title, it's Halo. I'm going to roll the dice this time. If I end up never playing the game I won't miss it, honestly.

#76 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

My wallet is ready.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:59 AM

Eh, this isn't some niche title, it's Halo. I'm going to roll the dice this time. If I end up never playing the game I won't miss it, honestly.

http://youtu.be/55zOTemj03k?hd=1

That is all.

uc.png

#77 HunteR7411

HunteR7411

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:33 AM

This is the same exact thing that happened to Mass Effect 3 CE. I have a pre-order in for the LE since I want it, but for those who think that any video game collectors edition will "raise" in value will have their hopes crushed once the game is released. MS has a bad habit of overproducing their "limited" edition halo games.

#78 JoKu

JoKu

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

MS Store back in stock, as of right now.

Your welcome.

#79 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

ms store back in stock, as of right now.

Your welcome.

oos

#80 Mikocouch

Mikocouch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

You guys are nuts, N U T S, if you think this thing is going to be rare. NUTS, I tell ya.

#81 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

will pick this up for 30 from best buy in january, thanks though OP!

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#82 Carbonite

Carbonite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:25 PM

You guys are nuts, N U T S, if you think this thing is going to be rare. NUTS, I tell ya.

You, and others, may be correct, but why does what happened in the past automatically make it a forgone conclusion to you. In the past year 3 games that I thought I could find editions of later are sold out and the only way to get them is third party. Darksiders 2 with the mask for one.

Now, what I am saying is nobody can say it it will be rare and nobody can say it will sell out. Regardless there are some people that are getting the game on day one. Why shouldn't they get this edition if they can? Its got a steelbook, so those people are covered, its got map packs so it pushes down the cost. I for one won't buy a standard edition only to try and pick this up later at a deal as that would just cost me more money in the long run.

So what is it that makes people feel that because its probably not going to be rare that other people are stupid for wanting it?

This post is about it going OOS to reserve. It may be that you can find it later. Good for you when and if you do. Like I said, others and I will be picking it up on day one and why not preorder it regardless if it turns out rare or not?

#83 Mikocouch

Mikocouch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

Stopped reading after this Bro,

In the past year 3 games that I thought I could find editions of later are sold out and the only way to get them is third party.

This is HALO, this is not a normal game. MS will push this as far as it can.

#84 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

even small family owned game stores are getting this limited edition.. i doubt it will be rare

#85 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

My wallet is ready.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

Whether it will be "rare" or not isn't the point. It's an expanded package for superfans who want more goodies on day one. Anyone who buys a CE/LE as some kind of investment is a tool. The "rare" LEs are the ones with high demand, regardless of any actual scarcity. One of the more scarce LEs I've seen is the Amazon-exclusive steelbook for Clive Barker's Jericho but it only sells for $10 or less, whereas the LEs for most Call of Duty games retain/improve their value despite ample production runs. It's the same reason the "rare" Panzer Dragoon Saga always sells for top dollar even though there are listings for it daily. If you have MSRP and you'll get use out of the package, buy it. If you won't, CAG a vanilla copy.

uc.png

#86 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

Target online is OOS.

I checked my local target today, all their pre-order cards were out also. May just end up ordering it from Fry's just to be sure I have a copy coming my way. If I do get a copy through other means, I'll just return the other one.

#87 heraymo1

heraymo1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

I'm Picking up the limited edition and the halo xbox 360 and giving my nephews the halo 4 for X-mas

#88 teknobeavr

teknobeavr

stupid bush wookie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

walmart online is NOT OOS like the OP listed. i had no trouble getting a copy ordered the only downside is unlike amazon they charge you when you place the order. where amazon wont charge you till it ships

#89 CHADSTONe

CHADSTONe

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

was in local walmart the other day.they had 20 of the limited edition halo reachs on their bottom shelf. just saying.

#90 cakefoo

cakefoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

was in local walmart the other day.they had 20 of the limited edition halo reachs on their bottom shelf. just saying.

Halo Reach was over-produced. Dwindling retailer availability suggests that Halo 4 will not be.