Photo
- - - - -

Halo 4 Limited Edition Pre-Order Deals! Going OOS in multiple places.

• Please log in to reply
604 replies to this topic

#181 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:57 AM

If what I'm reading on the Halo forums is true, that people really are telling their Moms to cancel their Limited Edition Preorders because of their disappointment with what's included with it (or rather what isn't included with it), then there should potentially be stock at some stores. This is only if these people are being honest, though.

Fixed it for you.

I've bought the LE edition of every Halo game (minus Wars) so I'll probably end up keeping my pre-order of this one as well. But seeing how much they've stripped away from the LE is extremely disappointing. 343i was doing so well too...

#182 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:59 AM

Well you still get the Steelbook case if that's any consolation.

true but is that worth $15?

If I were you, I would wait til the last day to see if 343/MS has something up their sleeve for the LE buyers as almost everyone on the halo forums are making like 10 or more threads a day complaining about the LE exclusivity bonuses. They might do something (probably not) but I would still wait til the very last day to cancel and switch to the standard.

I'm getting the console bundle so I'm happy with my FOTUS armor ;) no offense to you LE buyers

yeah I am going to pre-order a normal copy at Best Buy and hold my Amazon LE pre-order to see if 343/MS does something to make it right

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#183 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:03 AM

Fixed it for you.

I've bought the LE edition of every Halo game (minus Wars) so I'll probably end up keeping my pre-order of this one as well. But seeing how much they've stripped away from the LE is extremely disappointing. 343i was doing so well too...

well same here I have the Halo 2 "limited" edition, Halo 3 Legendary and Halo Reach Legendary but Halo 4 LE was already pretty heavy on digital exclusives now pretty much everything is available if you purchase the standard edition, I mean even the stuff in the Briefing Packet will be available online to see/read so you are paying $15 extra for the steel book and physical copy of the Briefing Packet not sure if its worth it for me but as with you I kind of feel the need to keep the streak going. Guess I will wait and see if anything is added to the LE

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#184 Dinosaurdaniel

Dinosaurdaniel

Senorita - Ority

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:11 AM

pretty sure gamestop is for right now online

#185 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:12 AM

well same here I have the Halo 2 "limited" edition, Halo 3 Legendary and Halo Reach Legendary but Halo 4 LE was already pretty heavy on digital exclusives now pretty much everything is available if you purchase the standard edition, I mean even the stuff in the Briefing Packet will be available online to see/read so you are paying $15 extra for the steel book and physical copy of the Briefing Packet not sure if its worth it for me but as with you I kind of feel the need to keep the streak going. Guess I will wait and see if anything is added to the LE

My Halo 2 CE and Halo 3 Legendary (the actual game case) are unopened to this day. I have 2 copies of Halo 1 - 3 each. After Bungie completely f'd up Halo 3 MP, I didn't bother with 2 copies of Reach, and boy was I glad. I even had 2 copies of Halo ODST but gave a copy away after I got another copy for free.

Actually, thinking about it, I have 4 copies of Halo 1. A copy I bought, another copy that I got when I bought the LE Halo Xbox, a digital copy from the Games marketplace and Halo Anniversary. I'm still considering a copy of Halo 1 PC.

Fandom dies hard.

#186 247

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:19 AM

My Halo 2 CE and Halo 3 Legendary (the actual game case) are unopened to this day. I have 2 copies of Halo 1 - 3 each. After Bungie completely f'd up Halo 3 MP, I didn't bother with 2 copies of Reach, and boy was I glad. I even had 2 copies of Halo ODST but gave a copy away after I got another copy for free.

Actually, thinking about it, I have 4 copies of Halo 1. A copy I bought, another copy that I got when I bought the LE Halo Xbox, a digital copy from the Games marketplace and Halo Anniversary. I'm still considering a copy of Halo 1 PC.

Fandom dies hard.

that's funny, wait and see what 343 has done with Halo 4. :-#

#187 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:25 AM

that's funny, wait and see what 343 has done with Halo 4. :-#

I'm well aware. I think I've reached a point where I've come to accept Halo games will NEVER be what it was with Halo 1 and Halo 2. They've made the game more and more noob friendly. But seeing that the BR is back, the DMR has less recoil gives me SOME hope.

It might take awhile, but I suspect a playlist to come out from MLG or even 343i that will "fix" what 343i managed to Fuck up (if it comes from 343i, they won't admit the Fuck up, simply mark the playlist for the more competitive/tourny players), similar to H3 and Reach. Reach actually became extremely enjoyable to me in the Anniversary playlist when they included the OG pistol.

Seeing the MANTIS show up on the remake of Valhalla made me die a little on the inside. Major concerns are how goddamn fast the recharges are on the armor abilities and the damage of the noob (automatic firing) weapons.

But I still enjoy the Halo universe a lot. I've read a good majority of the books (everything minus the Forerunner books and the last 2 Karen Traviss books)

#188 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:27 AM

Hmmm all this talk has me thinking, maybe I should cancel my limited edition and just switch to the standard edition. I was able to get the $12 off (newegg) the LE reducing the price down to $88. I mean at that price it isn't that bad because I am paying basically 3 bucks for the steelbook. (60 bucks for game + 25 for maps = 85, 88 - 85 = 3).

If newegg does another $12 off I might switch to standard edition.

#189 Aerc

Aerc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

I've got $60 paid on my LE because of gift cards. Even though it'd be $40 for the LE, I might just cancel and get the standard edition. $40 out of pocket vs. $25 out of pocket for just War Games.
PrizeRebel Help me out by signing up for Prize Rebel so I can continue to do a weekly amazon gift card giveaway. In the process you'd be earning money too.

Posted Image

#190 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

I'm just wary of preordering LE"s in general after what happened with the ME3 collector's edition....

#191 Aerc

Aerc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

I'm just wary of preordering LE"s in general after what happened with the ME3 collector's edition....

Go on...
PrizeRebel Help me out by signing up for Prize Rebel so I can continue to do a weekly amazon gift card giveaway. In the process you'd be earning money too.

Posted Image

#192 hustletron

hustletron

poop dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

I still think this LE is a rip off at $100 especially now with the previous posts regarding the specializations being available to everyone and the extra DLC included for those who buy the Season Pass or map packs or whatever their scheme is. I had planned to go the standard edition route anyway and less than a month before release I still don't see any advantage or extras that justify the price tag of the LE.

fs_overall.png

#193 H3m1 R4m

H3m1 R4m

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

Halo 4 LE is back in stock at Gamestop.com
http://www.gamestop....-edition/102028

#194 UltimoRey

UltimoRey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

pre-ordered on GS, thank you so much guys
Posted Image

#195 ImReallyTired

ImReallyTired

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:08 AM

Anyone know about what deals the big box stores and online retailers will have for release week? I'm wondering if I should have gotten in on the NewEgg 45$ preorder deal.

#196 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:27 AM

It is back in stock at GameStop. I just cancelled my preorder of the LE from Amazon based on the poor reviews it is getting, plus I rarely buy anything more than standard editions these days.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#197 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

..,based on the poor reviews it is getting...

Source?

Dill The Noise.

471350.png

#198 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

Source?

You misunderstood. The LE is getting poor reviews, not the game.

#199 segasaturnsnk

segasaturnsnk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

With what I just read and knowing I'm not a big Halo fan. I'll downgrade to standard and with the rest of the 40 something dollars, I'll just pick up two 1600 point cards. If I like the game enough, I'll get the season pass.
Posted Image

#200 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

I just got off the phone with a Best Buy online representative, he told me that he heard that they will be getting a second wave of Halo 4 Limited Edition back in stock sometime this week, but he doesn't know which stores would be getting them or if it would be for shipping only etc etc... Wouldn't surprise me at all if they would be getting them back in stock seeing how GameStop has been selling them again since we'll over a week.

Nothing more than a rumor for the time being, but I guess it's worth a shot to keep your eyes peeled this week if you missed out on the LE but still want to take advantage of the $20 RZ cert.

Like many of you, I am not sure if I should stick with my LE or if I should downgrade and just end up picking up the season pass with my RZ cert...

#201 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

Hopefully that rumor is true. That's exactly what I've been waiting for. It's my own fault for waiting so long to preorder it and I want it on release day after seeing more videos on the game.

I started the series on Halo 3, and I recently played Halo Anniversary. It was a very good game and the remastering they did is impressive compared to the typical "HD remasters" we get. Got me excited for the series again since I always like the game, but just didn't know the story from the beginning. I hope they remaster Halo 2, but I haven't heard anything about that yet.

#202 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

If it goes back up at Best Buy, I'll likely order it. Otherwise....meh
Posted ImagePosted Image

#203 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

You misunderstood. The LE is getting poor reviews, not the game.

Oh, lol. I was like... uh... what.

Well, where are the poor LE reviews? On some kid's blog? Or professional critics?

Dill The Noise.

471350.png

#204 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

If the LE is anything like the Reach collectors edition was, you could sell the DLC codes and make your money back.

#205 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

If the LE is anything like the Reach collectors edition was, you could sell the DLC codes and make your money back.

There is nothing special in the LE sadly; no flaming helmet or anything like that.

Like everyone else, I have cancelled my LE and am downgrading to the standard edition.

#206 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:15 AM

Go on...

The ME3 CE was supposed to originally contain a CE exclusive character and mission. Then it turned into a timed-exclusive, then Bioware/EA ended up releasing that content as $10 day 1 DLC as a cash grab.

#207 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:18 AM

The ME3 CE was supposed to originally contain a CE exclusive character and mission. Then it turned into a timed-exclusive, then Bioware/EA ended up releasing that content as $10 day 1 DLC as a cash grab.

Anyone who's actually played that DLC understands why they wanted to give everyone the chance to have it...kind of important to the overall story, and if you bought it after starting the campaign you'd have to start a new Shepard to get all of the content in it.

uc.png

#208 SailorDaravon

SailorDaravon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:14 AM

Oh, lol. I was like... uh... what.

Well, where are the poor LE reviews? On some kid's blog? Or professional critics?

The complaints people have now (which have arisen after it was announced):

-The LE unlocks all Specializations immediately, everyone else only gets 2 off the bat. But now anyone who plays Halo 4 online before November 20th will be emailed a code to unlock all of the specializations by November 30th. So the exclusivity window on the Specializations went from the "upcoming months" to 2-3 weeks (and who is going to hit the max rank that fast, and if so actually need to cycle through multiple Specializations in that window?)

-The Season Pass that comes with the LE has been confirmed by bsangel to NOT come with the two helmets (or helmet skins, I forget which) that you get if you buy the Season Pass individually through the XBL Marketplace.

-This was corrected later, but the initial PR for the LE said that it came with the Recruit armor as an exclusive, which is not correct, the Recruit armor is available normally in the game. The PR picture of the Prime skin is just the Prime skin applied to the Recruit armor.

So at this point you could get the standard edition + Season Pass for $85 and get two helmets you don't get with the LE. This leaves the LE with the remaining content:

-Steelcase
-Prime armor skin, weapon skin, avatar outfit, and avatar prop.
-Forward Unto Dawn digital copy
-UNSC (?) briefing packet

Personally I could care less about the steelcase, and the FUD copy does nothing for me because it's digital, and I can view the standard version of it for free. Hardcore fans who are into that are likely going to want to buy the DVD/Bluray physical release of it in two months that will be a physical copy and have more features, and is only $13/$17 on Amazon right now. Also the briefing packet materials are going to be made available online digitally for free.

Ignoring all that, I'm then spending $15 more for the skin/avatar stuff, and simultaneously losing access to the two that come with the standalone season pass. So yeah, I'm moving my pre-order to the standard edition tomorrow morning. I think only the most hardcore of the hardcore are really going to want the LE at this point. I feel bad for people who aren't keeping up on this stuff, if I have pre-ordered months ago because I thought I was getting access to the Specializations way earlier, or if my friend got stuff I didn't get by buying the season pass separately and I didn't know I would be furious.

#209 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:30 AM

The complaints people have now (which have arisen after it was announced):

-The LE unlocks all Specializations immediately, everyone else only gets 2 off the bat. But now anyone who plays Halo 4 online before November 20th will be emailed a code to unlock all of the specializations by November 30th. So the exclusivity window on the Specializations went from the "upcoming months" to 2-3 weeks (and who is going to hit the max rank that fast, and if so actually need to cycle through multiple Specializations in that window?)

-The Season Pass that comes with the LE has been confirmed by bsangel to NOT come with the two helmets (or helmet skins, I forget which) that you get if you buy the Season Pass individually through the XBL Marketplace.

-This was corrected later, but the initial PR for the LE said that it came with the Recruit armor as an exclusive, which is not correct, the Recruit armor is available normally in the game. The PR picture of the Prime skin is just the Prime skin applied to the Recruit armor.

So at this point you could get the standard edition + Season Pass for $85 and get two helmets you don't get with the LE. This leaves the LE with the remaining content:

-Steelcase
-Prime armor skin, weapon skin, avatar outfit, and avatar prop.
-Forward Unto Dawn digital copy
-UNSC (?) briefing packet

Personally I could care less about the steelcase, and the FUD copy does nothing for me because it's digital, and I can view the standard version of it for free. Hardcore fans who are into that are likely going to want to buy the DVD/Bluray physical release of it in two months that will be a physical copy and have more features, and is only $13/$17 on Amazon right now. Also the briefing packet materials are going to be made available online digitally for free.

Ignoring all that, I'm then spending $15 more for the skin/avatar stuff, and simultaneously losing access to the two that come with the standalone season pass. So yeah, I'm moving my pre-order to the standard edition tomorrow morning. I think only the most hardcore of the hardcore are really going to want the LE at this point. I feel bad for people who aren't keeping up on this stuff, if I have pre-ordered months ago because I thought I was getting access to the Specializations way earlier, or if my friend got stuff I didn't get by buying the season pass separately and I didn't know I would be furious.

So after reading this I'm probably going to downgrade my LE preorder too. Pretty weak debut by 343.

Maybe I'll put the saved money towards upgrading my Bioshock Infinite preorder.

#210 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:38 AM

Yeah, the LE just doesn't have much going for it. I initially bought it so I would have early access to the specializations. But, as the previous posts mentioned, it becomes available to you by November 30th if you play online.

Plus, you have to rank up through all 50 levels before you can even enter in to the specializations anyway, so what's the point of having early access it it?

Purchasers of the Limited Edition and pre-orders in certain territories have launch day access to the remaining six Specializations – although you still need to complete the initial 50 Ranks before you can enlist in one.

http://blogs.haloway...in-101012-.aspx
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson