Photo
- - - - -

Halo 4 Limited Edition Pre-Order Deals! Going OOS in multiple places.

• Please log in to reply
604 replies to this topic

#211 Minkyboi

Minkyboi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:38 AM

So after reading this I'm probably going to downgrade my LE preorder too. Pretty weak debut by 343.

Maybe I'll put the saved money towards upgrading my Bioshock Infinite preorder.

LOL pretty weak debut? Why don't you just wait for the game, not the marketing, before passing judgement on 343.

#212 247

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:47 AM

I can see the fotus armor selling on eBay but not LE DLC. Wouldn't be surpised if it hits ~$100 like the flaming helmet did.

#213 NightCat

NightCat

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:39 AM

LOL pretty weak debut? Why don't you just wait for the game, not the marketing, before passing judgement on 343.

Reread nice attack btw you are my Hero... :drool:

#214 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:15 AM

The complaints people have now (which have arisen after it was announced)

That's a really good summary... Depressing one too. I'm not sure what I'll do now but I'm leaning towards a downgrade but I'm wondering a few things:

1) Does anyone know if all the DLC items are one code or are they separated... (Sort of wondering if I can piecemeal it out and make the LE the good buy it was before.)

2) It seems like the Microsoft Store has the best deal on the normal version... Anyone know how good they are with shipping and whatnot?

#215 croqoa

croqoa

Turd Sandwich

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

Defensive much? If you actually read his post instead of getting so enraged over one line you might have noticed that he was talking about how weak the limited edition seems to be, not about the actual game quality. You can retract your claws and go back to scouring the forums for any other sign of somebody saying anything even remotely negative about your Halo 4.
Posted Image

#216 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

no longer available thru gamestop - hope whoever wanted one jumped on it while it was available.

#217 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

Defensive much? If you actually read his post instead of getting so enraged over one line you might have noticed that he was talking about how weak the limited edition seems to be, not about the actual game quality.

This. I'm still very excited for Halo 4, I'm just less then impressed by the contents of the limited edition. They're asking $40 more and offering very little.

One of the big detractors for me is also finding out that the Forward Unto Dawn is only a digital copy. I'd rather spend the extra few bucks and get it on blu-ray. I'll probably just hold my LE preorder until the midnight launch though, and downgrade at the counter.

collage8twitter_website41_zps568e62eb.jp

#218 murph17

murph17

Rock Band addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

wow. that is lame. glad i caught this thread...will keep my LE pre-order for now, but might downgrade too.

#219 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

This. I'm still very excited for Halo 4, I'm just less then impressed by the contents of the limited edition. They're asking $40 more and offering very little.

One of the big detractors for me is also finding out that the Forward Unto Dawn is only a digital copy. I'd rather spend the extra few bucks and get it on blu-ray. I'll probably just hold my LE preorder until the midnight launch though, and downgrade at the counter.

:-s - that is some serious bs.

#220 gingernjuice

gingernjuice

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

So is the preorder on New Egg for $45 still going on...? I think I'm more interested in that.

#221 Saiyan

Saiyan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

:-s - that is some serious bs.

Heard it's not even a download, just a stream on Waypoint. I made a mistake at Best Buy and had to cancel all my pre orders. I'm glad I forgot to repreorder this. I rather pre order the standard at Best Buy and get the season pass for $5.

#222 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

i'll just watch the stuff on waypoint that's on there right now and you guys that got the limited fill me in on the rest so i can save some cash-ola... deal?

or we can all pool together and share a gamertag / take turns watching it.

#223 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

Thanks for all the insight on the differences. I didn't follow the details that closely. I'll probably just grab the standard at BB and not really be bummed if I miss out on the CE.

#224 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

Still gunna get the LE. Got $50 in GS gift cards so why not.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#225 ice_man_fb

ice_man_fb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

And canceled I'll go with the standard and season pass. Thanks for the info CAGs

#226 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

Heard it's not even a download, just a stream on Waypoint. I made a mistake at Best Buy and had to cancel all my pre orders. I'm glad I forgot to repreorder this. I rather pre order the standard at Best Buy and get the season pass for $5.

That can't be...can it? The episodes are already on Waypoint...

#227 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

you get a 15 minute extended version in the limited edition - maybe of the chief t-bagging some grunts or maybe some more ackward teenage drama. hopefully the first... yeah def the first of the two.

#228 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

That can't be...can it? The episodes are already on Waypoint...

It's supposed to be an extended version but yea it is just a stream.

Formerly known as slickkill77

#229 ImReallyTired

ImReallyTired

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

Any deals for preordering the standard edition? or any info on release week deals?

#230 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

Any deals for preordering the standard edition? or any info on release week deals?

Deals for preordering would just be various skins depending on which retailer you preorder from. Best Buy had a poster but I'm pretty OoS. I don't think there are any release week deals yet because the ads aren't out yet.

The cheapest it's been was $45 at Newegg or $12 off at Newegg. Newegg might run another $12 off within the time frame of now until release. Only time will tell.

#231 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

Deals for preordering would just be various skins depending on which retailer you preorder from. Best Buy had a poster but I'm pretty OoS. I don't think there are any release week deals yet because the ads aren't out yet.

The cheapest it's been was $45 at Newegg or $12 off at Newegg. Newegg might run another $12 off within the time frame of now until release. Only time will tell.

Let's not forget about the $20 RZ cert from best buy.

#232 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

GameStop is out of stock again, but Wal-Mart has it back in stock for Ship-to-home. Not exactly sure if you can do ship-to-store at this point, but for those very few that may still want to pre-order it here is your chance.

#233 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

Kotaku unboxed both the console and limited edition. The LE looks not that great but I'm still getting it and Halo FUD is a code like people say it is.

http://kotaku.com/59...if-its-worth-it

#234 Saiyan

Saiyan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:03 AM

Kotaku unboxed both the console and limited edition. The LE looks not that great but I'm still getting it and Halo FUD is a code like people say it is.

http://kotaku.com/59...if-its-worth-it

Ha, was just about to post this

Guy got his early and did an unboxing.

#235 _Ph03n1x_

_Ph03n1x_

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:19 AM

IGN also posted an unboxing. After watching it, I think I'm going to cancel the LE pre-order I have at Amazon. Doesn't seem worth it since you get the Specializations with the SE, FUD is a stream, the LE skin is also available in the SE, and the fact that the LE season pass doesn't come with the 2 extra helmets. The paper things in the LE also don't do anything for me. IMO, Halo Reach's Legendary/Limited editions were much better. I might as well save $15 by buying the Season Pass separately + get the extra helmet DLC and then spend $15 on the FUD blu-ray.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#236 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:24 AM

It's not all that impressive, but since I'll get all the maps anyway, I'd basically be paying $10 or $15 extra for a steel case, which is fine by me. Not to mention, I wouldn't be surprised if the avatar/armor codes included go for $20 or so a piece on eBay.

With Reach, I sold my flaming helmet code for around $50 if I'm not mistaken. Just ridiculous.

iouabeatn.png

#237 drakma676

drakma676

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:01 AM

Does amazon still deliver these on street day release. Or will I get it days after release

#238 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:03 AM

That steelcase looks way different than the pictures. I thought it was gonna be a silver/metallic steelbook with very visible grooves in it. It just looks like a plain white steelbook.

#239 latin trident

latin trident

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:05 AM

That's a really good summary... Depressing one too. I'm not sure what I'll do now but I'm leaning towards a downgrade but I'm wondering a few things:

1) Does anyone know if all the DLC items are one code or are they separated... (Sort of wondering if I can piecemeal it out and make the LE the good buy it was before.)

2) It seems like the Microsoft Store has the best deal on the normal version... Anyone know how good they are with shipping and whatnot?

The MS Store shipping is hit or miss. I preordered Sesame Street and got it release date but when I preordered Borderlands 2, it arrived 5 days later. So it is hit or miss. The sooner you preorder though, the higher the likely hood you receive it release date. Hope that helps. I preordered my copy from MS. I am flipping it for a loss on ebay but plan on using that $25 coupon on another copy of Halo 4 for a cheaper price. I don't mind the wait.

#240 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:08 AM

If anyone wants to trade their steelbook for a standard version case and some cash, PM me