Photo
- - - - -

Halo 4 Limited Edition Pre-Order Deals! Going OOS in multiple places.

• Please log in to reply
604 replies to this topic

#241 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:35 AM

That steelcase looks way different than the pictures. I thought it was gonna be a silver/metallic steelbook with very visible grooves in it. It just looks like a plain white steelbook.

It looks awful. Very disappointed no inside art nothing

#242 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:16 AM

Crap....Now I'm torn. I really want the LE and it's steelbook but the steelbook looks like sh*t. And the rest of the contents look like sh*t too. For the biggest 360 game of the year this is the best they could muster up?

Formerly known as slickkill77

#243 NightCat

NightCat

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:40 AM

It looks awful. Very disappointed no inside art nothing

Bungie editions rules this joke of a le. I thought 343 said they were gonna release a le way better then the past halo leg edts. This edition seems like a total joke....

#244 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:33 AM

The MS Store shipping is hit or miss. I preordered Sesame Street and got it release date but when I preordered Borderlands 2, it arrived 5 days later. So it is hit or miss. The sooner you preorder though, the higher the likely hood you receive it release date. Hope that helps.

That helped allot. I ended up just canceling my LE and reordering the SE from Best Buy. There wasn't enough (25 dollar credit versus 20, and state taxes both places) gained to warrant the delay in playing it.

#245 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:15 AM

In for the $20 version in a year ... I'll stick with the standard edition on release day for now.

#246 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:41 AM

That helped allot. I ended up just canceling my LE and reordering the SE from Best Buy. There wasn't enough (25 dollar credit versus 20, and state taxes both places) gained to warrant the delay in playing it.

i've done 5 preorders with microsoft and they've all came on release day

#247 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:38 AM

Ha, was just about to post this

Guy got his early and did an unboxing.

haha I was suprised no one posted on yet when I did.

I'm way disappointed. Can't believe they didn't even bother adding a artbook of somesort. Still getting it though the maps and steelbook are the only reasons.

#248 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:47 AM

The MS Store shipping is hit or miss. I preordered Sesame Street and got it release date but when I preordered Borderlands 2, it arrived 5 days later. So it is hit or miss. The sooner you preorder though, the higher the likely hood you receive it release date. Hope that helps. I preordered my copy from MS. I am flipping it for a loss on ebay but plan on using that $25 coupon on another copy of Halo 4 for a cheaper price. I don't mind the wait.

u know the $25 coupon expires after like 1 month right? halo 4 won't go down that much before then

#249 croqoa

croqoa

Turd Sandwich

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

That has to be the worst looking steelbook I have ever seen. Not that I collect them or anything but man that is horrible. This is a pathetic limited edition.
Posted Image

#250 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

WOW. Microsoft this is the biggest wopper of the year. This makes the God Of War 3 CE look incredible. That unboxing was like watching an episode of punk'd. That being said, ... im still in for one. :cry:
Posted Image

#251 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

It is disappointing but still gonna get it as well, got the special editions of Reach (console AND legendary), 3 (legendary), Wars, 2, and have the original plus AE. The biggest downer to me it still the fact that the season pass doesn't come with the extra stuff though, and my Best Buy may not do a midnight launch :/
Posted Image

#252 voormis

voormis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:14 PM

Bam! Bam! aight....BAM! BAM!!!!

#253 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

i've done 5 preorders with microsoft and they've all came on release day

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll remember that for in the future.

u know the $25 coupon expires after like 1 month right? halo 4 won't go down that much before then

Yeah, but Black Friday is during that time frame... (And he can still make a profit on the first copy if he sales the DLC so I think he'll do alright even if he ends up having to buy Halo 4 at MSRP.)

#254 xTraPointLess

xTraPointLess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

Bam! DODST!
Current Happenings:
:360: - Pinball FX2
:ps3: - Nothing
:pc: - Diablo 3, Borderlands 2
TV - Mad Men, Game of Thrones, Community, Homefront, The Walking Dead
Music - Daft Punk, Foo Fighters, Doves, Oasis, Pearl Jam, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins, David Bowie, Deadmau5

#255 Finch106

Finch106

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

I cancelled my preorder based on the feedback here as well. Very disappointed. I've had every edition steelbook since Halo 2, but I NEVER paid $100 for one. I went standard at best buy and got the litho and $20 in rz pts.

#256 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

He doesn't even have the steelbook for Halo Wars. I thought he was a true fan up until that point.

I cancelled my preorder based on the feedback here as well. Very disappointed. I've had every edition steelbook since Halo 2, but I NEVER paid $100 for one. I went standard at best buy and got the litho and $20 in rz pts.

By the way, what is the litho? Is that the poster?

#257 Saiyan

Saiyan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

Just saw this commercial, and I have to say this is the best GameStop pre order commercial to date. This might've even gotten me to get it at GameStop if Best Buy wasn't doing the $20 offer.

#258 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

He doesn't even have the steelbook for Halo Wars. I thought he was a true fan up until that point.

?

Ha Ha Ha,
Thats what I thought too when I watched it. "How could he not have the Halo Wars LE?"

.....that and "He needs a new gaming chair"

#259 Saiyan

Saiyan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

Yes. It's smaller than the average poster, but it has a cool holographic effect. I got 2 from Best Buy, before they ran out in the summer. They told me they didn't think they were getting anymore at release.

#260 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

Just saw this commercial, and I have to say this is the best GameStop pre order commercial to date. This might've even gotten me to get it at GameStop if Best Buy wasn't doing the $20 offer.

HOLY SHIT, that camo rocks! I posted my LE preorder on ebay and sold it for $140 in a matter of minutes (prob should've posted it for $150). After hearing that the 6 specializations will be given to anybody playing the game before Nov. 20th, and that the map pack is only $25 and includes 2 helmets and an emblem, I just see no reason to keep the LE, especially after seeing that crappy steelbook. I really like the regular edition's boxart anyway, so more money I can save to put toward Hitman!

#261 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

Glad I saw this thread. Definitely getting the standard edition. Too bad, since I've bought the fancy versions of everything since Halo 2.

#262 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:23 PM

Yeah, glad I never went for the LE now. I still gotta cancel 2 of my 3 standard edition preorders though...

#263 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:55 AM

Sigh, went to my Best Buy and they aren't doing a midnight so I pre-ordered a second copy at GameStop so I can get it right away (and I'll get more of the pre-order bonuses) then when I grab my LE from BB later in the day I'll Craigslist my standard for like 50 or so, at least now I'll have three of the pre-order bonuses right away (I'm sure the GameStop one will get at least $10 online so in that way I'm not losing out as much).
Posted Image

#264 Finch106

Finch106

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:19 AM

Yeah the poster. It's a poster but I thought it was described as a lithograph. Maybe it was just a limited edition poster.

#265 SunDevil77

SunDevil77

Host With the Most

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:58 AM

With so many people canceling, does this mean I will be able to preorder one of the LE's at gamestop??

#266 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Next Gen Calibrations

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:03 AM

I don't know why there is all the hate for this LE. You're basically getting the season pass, so to speak. Plus the nifty packaging and the steelbook which is ok, not great, but it's meant to look like a military artifact, not artwork, KWIM? I'm a fan of the schematics and junk like that. I mean, it's not a super showey glamorous LE, but it's functional and it's certainly focusing on in-game content over physical BS.

Hell, it's worth it to me for the avatar cryo chamber alone! Heh.

mass_effect_n7_training_program_custom_lChubbyNinja1319.png

#267 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:52 AM

I don't know why there is all the hate for this LE. You're basically getting the season pass, so to speak. Plus the nifty packaging and the steelbook which is ok, not great, but it's meant to look like a military artifact, not artwork, KWIM? I'm a fan of the schematics and junk like that. I mean, it's not a super showey glamorous LE, but it's functional and it's certainly focusing on in-game content over physical BS.

Hell, it's worth it to me for the avatar cryo chamber alone! Heh.

I think people were just expecting something more to show that you have the limited edition of the game, especially since they were proclaiming it to truly be limited. I know that's been said for several Halo games, but it seemed to be true with this one.

Spoiler

You're not wrong, though. It's not awful, but it's not fitting to the standards of modern limited editions.

#268 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

I think people were just expecting something more to show that you have the limited edition of the game, especially since they were proclaiming it to truly be limited. I know that's been said for several Halo games, but it seemed to be true with this one.

Spoiler

You're not wrong, though. It's not awful, but it's not fitting to the standards of modern limited editions.

For $100 we are getting sh* t basically. The steelbook is a huge let down and the rest of the stuff looks like something you'd find in a cracker jack box. Look at the Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition. $20 less and it comes with a lot more substance.

BTW Ebbtide, have you even watched Forward Unto Dawn at all? It's not a melodrama. It's actually really well done so I'm not sure what exactly you are judging.

Formerly known as slickkill77

#269 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

Just reposting this one last time, just in case:

If anyone wants to trade their steelbook for a standard halo 4 case and some cash, PM me.

#270 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

man, you guys are geting my spirits down. Own all the LE's for this series and was looking forward to getting this, but its supposed to be sh*t? The wife has banned all future video game purchases b/c I was out of control. I really fought for this and got approval to buy over BLOPS 2 Hardened edition, now I'm not sure if I even want it..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.