Free $15 gift card with xcom preorder at Best buy

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#91 teddybass

teddybass

Minor Threat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

I preordered yesterday and the gift card shipped ysterday already. I will be picking up the game at the store, but did not recieved any email with the Preorder DLC code, will that be in the box or are you guys getting the DLC by email?

minorthreat.png

#92 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

Feel like this game will sell well on PC, but console gamers won't be buying.

Will wait and see how the game plays with controller and then pick up when its 29.99 in a few weeks

that is why i preordered the ps3 version, i think the console versions will go down in price quickly. "strategy" and "console gaming" just dont go well together. hoping for a price match in the $45 range (come on TRU). already put the $15 giftcard to good use with the max payne $20 DOTD.

#93 jaydude84

jaydude84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:19 AM

Did anyone get the Preorder bonus for the PS3 version? I didn't get it when I picked the game up and I haven't received any emails about it after about 6 hours.

#94 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:48 AM

Did anyone get the Preorder bonus for the PS3 version? I didn't get it when I picked the game up and I haven't received any emails about it after about 6 hours.

i thought the preorder bouns is inside the game?

#95 jaydude84

jaydude84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:13 AM

That's what I've been hearing, but it's not within my game. I guess I'm going to contact Best Buy support, but I'm not really sure how to plead my case.

#96 pacifickarma

pacifickarma

Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:19 AM

My Xbox version has a sticker indicating that. I haven't opened it to confirm.

#97 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:22 AM

My Xbox version has a sticker indicating that. I haven't opened it to confirm.

i just opened my ps3 version, and confirmed the code is on a online pass code paper inside the game, n the youtube video i just watched confirmed xbox 360 version has the code on a paper inside.

#98 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:12 AM

i just opened my ps3 version, and confirmed the code is on a online pass code paper inside the game, n the youtube video i just watched confirmed xbox 360 version has the code on a paper inside.

Did the Ps3 version have a sticker on the outside indicating that?

Because I also got one that had nothing inside and Im pretty peeved about it...

Gonna go exchange it for one that does
Posted Image
Posted Image

#99 simpleanarchy

simpleanarchy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

Did the Ps3 version have a sticker on the outside indicating that?

Because I also got one that had nothing inside and Im pretty peeved about it...

Gonna go exchange it for one that does

My PS3 copy that I ordered for in-store pickup had the sticker.

#100 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

My PS3 copy that I ordered for in-store pickup had the sticker.

Had to return it to a different Best Buy as my store had no copies with the DLC

The other store had nothing BUT copies with the DLC

Oh well, got my DLC so im happy now
Posted Image
Posted Image

#101 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

Had to return it to a different Best Buy as my store had no copies with the DLC

The other store had nothing BUT copies with the DLC

Oh well, got my DLC so im happy now

I figured they would have them. I didn't see any XCOM copies on the floor. Luckily mine was sitting in the cage at CS.

#102 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

I figured they would have them. I didn't see any XCOM copies on the floor. Luckily mine was sitting in the cage at CS.

Yeah I dont know what the deal was with my Best Buy, they must have ordered their shipment late or something because both the ps3 and xbox versions had no sticker and no DLC packed inside and only a few copies for each system...

The other Best Buy had about 5 copies for each system and all of them had the sticker and DLC...

Really wierd considering 2k said all of the first shipments would have the DLC packaged inside...

Moral of the story is be on the lookout for a small sticker on the front indicating the Elite Soldier Pack DLC inside, It should be next to a 9.5 GI gold review sticker
Posted Image
Posted Image

#103 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

It's a good game. Even has multiplayer which I hadn't seen mentioned anywhere.

#104 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:57 AM

Yeah I dont know what the deal was with my Best Buy, they must have ordered their shipment late or something because both the ps3 and xbox versions had no sticker and no DLC packed inside and only a few copies for each system...

The other Best Buy had about 5 copies for each system and all of them had the sticker and DLC...

Really wierd considering 2k said all of the first shipments would have the DLC packaged inside...

Moral of the story is be on the lookout for a small sticker on the front indicating the Elite Soldier Pack DLC inside, It should be next to a 9.5 GI gold review sticker

yeah, i remember reading that all of the first shipments would have the dlc packaged. i guess might be more limited

#105 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:06 AM

Guys this game is amazing. You should all get this game. If you missed out on this deal, check out TRU next week: 50 gc with 2 $60 games. Get this game anyway you can. It controls like a dream with a controller.