Avengers 3D $19.99 at Target YMMV?

vanton619

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I picked up the Avengers 3D at Target this morning (with bonus disc) and it rang up for $19.99. I don't know if it's a glitch or the regular sale price. I'd say YMMV for now. I got the price at the Rockaway, NJ store.

Yeah it has been well known here for days, Target acknowledged they made a mistake by pricing the other bluray version at $19.99 so they priced the 3D one at $19.99.

I'm new to this. Does that mean nationally the 3D will be 20 bucks? That seems like the obvious best deal for 3D. Am I wrong?

Target's circular is mistakenly advertising the regular 2D Bluray + DVD set as having a digital copy included as well when it does not for $19.99 so they dropped the price of the 3D Bluray which does include the digital copy to $19.99. Should be all stores.

It's Target only IIRC (but all Targets), and only until Sunday. Their advertised price is 24.99 so if you tried to pricematch using the print ad somewhere else that pricematches you'd get it for 24.99.

Got one before work this mornIng as well. $20.50 with red card. I wouldn't wait on this as my store only had 10 copies, and 7 of them were gone at store open. They did have about 50 of the non-3d versions.

[quote name='daminion']Got one before work this mornIng as well. $20.50 with red card. I wouldn't wait on this as my store only had 10 copies, and 7 of them were gone at store open. They did have about 50 of the non-3d versions.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy would likely match this though, right? I found one that does say online price but if they had to call it sounds like its more a question of finding Targets with the 3D in stock rather than a store being confused about $20 price point.

[quote name='Fatbot3']Best Buy would likely match this though, right? I found one that does say online price but if they had to call it sounds like its more a question of finding Targets with the 3D in stock rather than a store being confused about $20 price point.[/QUOTE]

You might get denied due to it being a target exclusive (bonus feature) so people are picking it up just in case.

If your store is out of this. you should be able to get a raincheck. The signs don't say anything about not able to get one.

I can confirm that this was the price at my Target.

Got there right before the store opened, there were like four of us ready to go; one guy grabbed like 6 copies. Didn't want to buy them all, apparently he just wanted to find the one that was in the best shape.

Because, apparently, a Blu-Ray is an investment now.

[quote name='outcastjon']If your store is out of this. you should be able to get a raincheck. The signs don't say anything about not able to get one.[/QUOTE]

The sign at my store (Cincinnati, Beechmont location) did state no rainchecks but the girl at the customer service counter tried for me anyway and I was able to get one. They had a ton of the dvd and blu/dvd but said they only got a few of the 3d/blu/dvd/dc copies in.

Will Best Buy price match a raincheck? Might try that later tonight.

Thanks op. Picked one up from the South Philly target. They still had plenty left. Also got the pre-order case from BB, so in the end I only saved a few bucks, but that's better than nothing.

There were plenty in Atlanta, Ga. Midtown store. Anyone seen a review on the bonus disc? It actually looks great considering its an actual blu and a substantial amount of footage.

The bonus disc was actually rumored to be the same bonus disc found in the Avengers Assembled 10 disc briefcase that was delayed, but I guess we won't truly know that until next year (unless they add more content to it, then we'll never know)

[quote name='opterasis']Went to their online ad via my phone, got my local Walmart to price match it. Damn good price.[/QUOTE]

The Walmart I went to would not price match. So I put back the $50 worth of merchandise I was going to get and went to Target down the street. Prices were lower at Target on most of the household stuff I left at Walmart, so double win for me. All because some lazy jackass wouldn't price match for $5 less.

The only thing that will be ymmv is the raincheck. The ad clearly states "limited quantities, no rain checks." My target rep claimed there were supposed to be 9 copies but she could only account for the 7 preorders. She was also looking around the display as if they would be there when neither 3d nor blu ever made it to the sales floor as they have them tucked away behind the register. I'm sure she slipped on telling me there should be 2 copies available. If I worked there, I'd likely ask for one to be held for me.

Will try the Walmart price match.

Edit: nvm, lol what's the point?
photo-109.png

Last edited by a moderator:
wow...was gonna go pick this up but checked amazon and this has the same special features as the two disc I am getting free from Amazon, that is pretty lame.

I saw the out of stock for online and panicked so I drove to the nearest store and picked one up incase BB wouldn't PM my pre-order.

There was still a good 20 or spread out around the stores so if they call in to check stock I should be good.
Even if BB PMed I think I'll still keep it because of the bonus disc.

Had to go to 2 Targets this morning. The first had 2-3 people already waiting at about 8:00 and a clerk going to the back to bring them out. I didn't want to just sit there and wait, so I browsed the nearby aisles a bit. I didn't count on them only having 10 copies of the 3D sku, so I sauntered back a few minutes later just to see the last 3D copy get sold.

The other target 5 miles closer to work had probably 7 copies just sitting there.

Both stores were $19.99.

Saw this this morning and picked it up at a Target at 8 this morning. There was none in the main movie area and just a sign stating the ad adjustment. They where in the front by the cash registers. Went to Best Buy and they said they would price match than they said they would not since it was a Target Exclusive. I than pulled this link up on my phone for the standard 3D and got the Price Match after I told them I could just go across the street and get it for $19.99.

Yeah the one of the three Targets near me that I went to this morning was on their last box of the 3D blu rays. I got the fourth from last copy. They didn't even bother putting them on the shelves, just kept them in the shipping boxes behind the electronics counter. The clerk said they aren't selling any of the standard blu ray editions.

There were four guys waiting by the counter when I got there, but they weren't there for the Avengers. Apparently Deadmaus' new CD dropped today. :)

[quote name='Davestation']Saw this this morning and picked it up at a Target at 8 this morning. There was none in the main movie area and just a sign stating the ad adjustment. They where in the front by the cash registers. Went to Best Buy and they said they would price match than they said they would not since it was a Target Exclusive. I than pulled this link up on my phone for the standard 3D and got the Price Match after I told them I could just go across the street and get it for $19.99.[/QUOTE]

It works for me too.. just show 'em the link. BestBuy PM mine.

But, I wonder what's in the Target Exclusive 90mins footage?

Got mine at Target in Evansville, IN northside. Mine had a bunch. I was going to skip out on the movie for a bit but can't pass up 19.99 for a 3D copy. I saw the movie like 4 times so not in the mood to watch it again yet but I'll be viewing all the extras tonight.

Lucked out, the local mom & pop's video store owner was in target cleaning them out. Fortunately I found a copy on a different end cap

PM'd with Best Buy since I had already grabbed the steelbook for pre-orders last week. Now I need refuse the Amazon shipment.

Thanks for noting this OP! Went to one of my local Targets, where no one seems to care about these deals, and picked up one for me and one for a friend. Savings of $32! There was only maybe 3 copies left. Glad I went early!

Me and a stranger both were staring at the display and reading the signs very carefully when we noticed the 3D was also $20. Didn't know going in as I was just after the 2-disc, so that was a nice surprise.

[quote name='h2dk']Lucked out, the local mom & pop's video store owner was in target cleaning them out. Fortunately I found a copy on a different end cap[/QUOTE]

That's strange. How come local mom and pop store owner would buy retail from Target? Will they be able to make much from reselling it?

[quote name='cagfansub']That's strange. How come local mom and pop store owner would buy retail from Target? Will they be able to make much from reselling it?[/QUOTE]

I guess they think they can maybe make $5 on it?

My Target was sold out by 11 a.m. I heard one employee saying they only had 27 copies (I wonder if one person bought them all) and that one lady was throwing a tantrum because they were out.

[quote name='doubledown']PM mine at Best Buy....yeah. I got my Steelbook from the preorder, and had a $10 RZ cert....[/QUOTE]

I did the exact same thing, RZ and all. All I said is that I wanted to PM Target. She didn't ask to see anything and knew the price already. $19.99-$10 RZ, got me 3d Blu and Steelbook from preorder.

If you use mobile to access Target ad, you can sent text to yourself. That link only shows price and item, not stock.

http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/mobile_weekly_ad_details.jsp?id=-2056666301&z

My Target didn't have any so i just got Best buy to PM it. oh well i miss out on some bonus stuff that's probably bs anyway.

Target at Morrow, GA was out..so i just went up to Best Buy and the guy PM'ed without a problem.

Got that and my RE6 Anthology preorder. 2 birds with 1 stone ;)

Just got back from Target (Warner Robins, GA) and they were sold out. There was a stack of rain checks glued to the Target Exclusive Blu-Ray sign (still marked $24.99). I was under the impression that no rain checks were offered for this exclusive set. *shrug*

Thanks OP. I was able to PM this to BB. I grabbed a copy last night when I picked up FIFA 13. I went back this morning & the clerk did the PM w/out any problems.

Got a raincheck since apparently every store in LA is sold out despite the stock checker indicating it's available at just about every store. Apparently there are also copies of the blu + dvd that have the bonus disc?

Here's the info on target.com about the contents of the bonus disc:

Target Exclusive Bonus Disc – Building a Dream: Assembling the Avengers
This 90-minute feature will show how the films IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, IRON MAN 2, THOR, and CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER were conceived and led to the greatest super hero team ever assembled on screen – THE AVENGERS.

Join stars Robert Downey Jr., Sam Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Cobie Smulders, and Tom Hiddleston as they rehearse for the drama and train for all the action! Go back in time and watch the stars become these iconic heroes. Including exclusive interviews with Cast, Directors, Producers, Visual Developers, and Comic Book creators, audiences will witness how Marvel’s rich heritage in the comics was brought to life in the movies. We will also see the growth of Marvel’s massive fan base, from local comic shops, through their first appearances at Comic Con, to the phenomenon of THE AVENGERS today.
Movie SynopsisMarvel Studios delivers the ultimate comic-book film, which ties together such characters as Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Captain America (Chris Evans), The Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), and Thor (Chris Hemsworth) for a big-screen franchise team-up like no other. Taking center stage this time is Nick Fury (played once again by the note-perfect Samuel L. Jackson), leader of the peacekeeping agency known as S.H.I.E.L.D. Fury, along with former Russian spy Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), recruits a super team to combat Thor's ever-deceptive brother Loki (Tom Hiddleston) after he brainwashes ace archer Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) while stealing a cosmic cube from an underground base. Thus the heroes must learn to work together alongside outlaw scientist Bruce Banner (Ruffalo), who can track down the artifact's gamma signals when he's not hulking out into a giant green monster. Show runner Joss Whedon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly) adapted and helmed the script by Zak Penn. Jeremy Wheeler, RoviPacked with spectacular visual effects, and exclusive bonus features, including Marvel's first-ever Gag Reel, never-before-seen Marvel short, and an interactive Second Screen Experience, Marvel's The Avengers will blow your mind!

Then went to Best Buy and got it PMed; I can live without the Target exclusive bonus disc if it never comes back in stock.

Man i'd hate to let go of the steelcase for preordering from best buy but 20 for the 3d combo and bonus blu ray disc... im torn.

bread's done
Back