IndieGameStand Pay-What-You-Want Game Thread

• Please log in to reply
1109 replies to this topic

#271 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

I'm going to try and play Adventures Apes tomorrow, see if I can give at least a quick impression of the game.

#272 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

Was part of the Indie Royale Stuffing bundle back in November. So if you bought that bundle, you already own it.

Oh and I never did get around to playing 3079. Sorry gilby.

Ah, well. Such is life.

#273 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:31 AM

Updated OP for new deal: P-3 Biotic

#274 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:48 AM

Updated OP for new deal: Pixelry

#275 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:02 AM

A jousting game? I don't believe that I've ever played a game which was primarily devoted to jousting. Surely it's worth a buck to experience that.

#276 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:06 AM

Hmmm, probably getting Pixelry. I'll double check to make sure it wasn't in a previous bundle.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#277 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:18 AM

Whoa. That's a yes for me.

#278 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:01 AM

Pixelry looks cute and different. For $1 why not?

steam_sig.png

#279 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

Concept is nice but a bit overly-simplistic for me.

#280 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

anybody played it yet? Game seems nice, but feedback would be appreciated :)
Atheism is a non prophet organization

- George Carlin

#281 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

What is this play thing you speak of? ;)

Well there is a demo (via Desura; you can play for the first 15 minutes free), but beyond that there are some reviews on Desura.

http://www.desura.co...pixelry/reviews

Most are of the one sentence variety but if you flip through a few actually took the time to write out their thoughts. On the whole, it seems to be reviewing fairly positive.

Edited by Motoki, 01 March 2013 - 09:02 PM.

steam_sig.png

#282 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

Not an actual review as such, but it's on the RPS front-page:

http://www.rockpaper...lution-pixelry/

#283 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

Interesting. That RPS article says that this version is just an alpha version, though quite playable, and that everyone who gets it now will get the final version later. Apparently, they are doing a Kickstarter soon. I'm sure it will be $15 or so donation to get a digital download of the final game via Kickstarter since that seems to be the going rate there and $5 just gets you a thanks or something like that usually.

Seems like a deal to get in on it now.

steam_sig.png

#284 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

Seems like a deal to get in on it now.

Yup, you don't even have to actually like the game - you can just bask in the CAG glow of having "gotten in early" when the $15 Kickstarter is launched! :)

#285 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

Yeah. Be like "Idiots! I got this for $1.26!!!!

I saw Alpha and wondered how far along it was.

For the Desura reviews though, I always take them with a grain of salt. Almost every game on there gets high marks.

I have a full plate of gaming for the weekend, but will try to get in some pixel ponies and post my thoughts.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#286 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

Damn it. I got distracted last night trying to decide what to use CAGROCKS on, and didn't buy this. Now it's up to $1.45.

The horror.

#287 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

Yeah. Be like "Idiots! I got this for $1.26!!!!

With the soundtrack, even.

#288 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

Damn it. I got distracted last night trying to decide what to use CAGROCKS on, and didn't buy this. Now it's up to $1.45.

The horror.

I'll eat two extra packages of ramen in your honor tonight. You can eat through me.

#289 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

I'll eat two extra packages of ramen in your honor tonight. You can eat through me.

Without context, that sounded vaguely... disturbing.

#290 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

Without context, that sound vaguely... disturbing.

Only vaguely?

#291 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:48 PM

So who bought this and beat the average? I only went in for a buck because I'm not usually all that big on game soundtracks.

However, when I downloaded the DRM-Free version to give it a try, I noticed that much (perhaps even all) of the music appears in a folder named "Snd". Anybody who BTA and has access to the soundtrack wanna compare the soundtrack download and the contents of the Snd folder?

#292 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:34 AM

Fox's Pixelry First Thoughts from the Den:

This game feels incomplete. Not in the "well duh, it's an alpha" way, but in the they cut stuff out probably due to limited budget/man hours.

It's really more like a collection of mini games than an RPG. Or maybe I missed something? You don't walk anywhere or interact with anyone. You have a map with different locations, you choose a location and do a mini game there. Choose the barn to race or edit your horse. Choose the tavern to joust. Choose the house to the change your family seal/crest/emblem.

I actually like what's there, but not sure if it's enough to keep my attention.

#293 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:33 AM

So who bought this and beat the average? I only went in for a buck because I'm not usually all that big on game soundtracks.

However, when I downloaded the DRM-Free version to give it a try, I noticed that much (perhaps even all) of the music appears in a folder named "Snd". Anybody who BTA and has access to the soundtrack wanna compare the soundtrack download and the contents of the Snd folder?

I just checked and it's the same thing so far as I can tell but the soundtrack download has all the tracks named. Also you get wallpapers. :-P

The bonuses aren't anything I'd go out of my way for but when I bought it the average was $1.09 so it was no big thing to throw another dime at it. But if you're not looking to pay much for it and the average is way above $1 don't feel like you're missing out if you pass on the beat the average content.

steam_sig.png

#294 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:41 AM

I just checked and it's the same thing so far as I can tell but the soundtrack download has all the tracks named. Also you get wallpapers. :-P

The bonuses aren't anything I'd go out of my way for but when I bought it the average was $1.09 so it was no big thing to throw another dime at it.

Dang it.

You paid a dime.

I paid a whole quarter.

That's a huge difference!

#295 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

The bonuses aren't anything I'd go out of my way for but when I bought it the average was $1.09 so it was no big thing to throw another dime at it. But if you're not looking to pay much for it and the average is way above $1 don't feel like you're missing out if you pass on the beat the average content.

Alright. Thanks for checking man.

I probably would have paid an extra $0.10-25 for the soundtrack, but I wasn't gonna pay an extra $0.50 for it. After playing the game a bit, I think I made the right choice. The music is pleasant enough, but it's not the sort of thing that I'd ever fire up outside of the game.

On the whole, I agree with Fox's assessment of the game. Basically just a collection of mini games. I had fun with them, but it didn't last too long. I was done playing after 40 minutes. I'd say it's worth a buck, but not too much more.

#296 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:07 AM

Updated OP for new deal: Bridge It

#297 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:17 AM

Was that ever bundled anywhere? Looks like a slightly fancier version of some other bridge games I've played.

#298 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:18 AM

It was in one of the GamersGate bundles from December. Week 3 I think.

EDIT: Yup, week 3 from the indiefort countdown bundles. http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=332695

#299 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:18 AM

Was that ever bundled anywhere? Looks like a slightly fancier version of some other bridge games I've played.

http://indiegamebund...Wham_Bam_Bundle

Though I must say this game looks right up your alley...

And also I thought it was in the GG bunldes.

#300 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:07 AM

FWIW The developer of Bridge-It recently told me when I asked for a Desura key for having been a purchaser of that Facekick bundle that he never got a cent of his promised revenue from that Facekick bundle and as far as he knew neither did any of the other developers in it. I felt bad for him and kind of dirty for having bought that bundle but I didn't know what a complete and utter douchebag that guy putting Facekick on was at the time.

steam_sig.png