IndieGameStand Pay-What-You-Want Game Thread

• Please log in to reply
1109 replies to this topic

#301 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:10 AM

FWIW The developer of Bridge-It recently told me when I asked for a Desura key for having been a purchaser of that Facekick bundle that he never got a cent of his promised revenue from that Facekick bundle and as far as he knew neither did any of the other developers in it. I felt bad for him.

Yikes. Glad I never actually supported Facekick then.

#302 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:58 AM

FWIW The developer of Bridge-It recently told me when I asked for a Desura key for having been a purchaser of that Facekick bundle that he never got a cent of his promised revenue from that Facekick bundle and as far as he knew neither did any of the other developers in it. I felt bad for him and kind of dirty for having bought that bundle but I didn't know what a complete and utter douchebag that guy putting Facekick on was at the time.

Oh, wow.... :hot:
Selling Steam key: Race The Sun $1.10 (Cards) & Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine $1.10 (Cards) (Or both for $2.)
I'm also selling Indie Gala August bundles! Please PM me if you're interested. :)

#303 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

FWIW The developer of Bridge-It recently told me when I asked for a Desura key for having been a purchaser of that Facekick bundle that he never got a cent of his promised revenue from that Facekick bundle and as far as he knew neither did any of the other developers in it. I felt bad for him and kind of dirty for having bought that bundle but I didn't know what a complete and utter douchebag that guy putting Facekick on was at the time.

I tried to warn you ;)

#304 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

I tried to warn you ;)

I know. You were right, I was wrong. :oops: I mean I already knew the guy was kind of an ass but I honestly didn't think he would resort to swindling indie developers.

Oh and I just noticed they don't give Desura keys on this offer. :( That kind of stinks.

steam_sig.png

#305 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

It was in one of the GamersGate bundles from December. Week 3 I think.

EDIT: Yup, week 3 from the indiefort countdown bundles. http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=332695

Yes, I was sure I had this one from somewhere, but it might be worth a BTA to pick up the add-on. I just hope it doesn't get as ball-bustingly difficult as Bridge Constructor, which made me abandon a virtually lucrative career in virtual engineering . . . .

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#306 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

I know. You were right, I was wrong. :oops: I mean I already knew the guy was kind of an ass but I honestly didn't think he would resort to swindling indie developers.

Oh and I just noticed they don't give Desura keys on this offer. :( That kind of stinks.

I was wondering why there were no desura keys either. I'd have bought it if there were.

#307 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

I was wondering why there were no desura keys either. I'd have bought it if there were.

I asked at the IGS forum but I have a feeling the answer is no. You could always try asking the developer. That worked for me and who knows maybe if they know there's enough interest a Desura key might get added after the fact. IGS added Cognition Desura keys later, although in that case the game wasn't on Desura at the time of the IGS promo.

steam_sig.png

#308 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

An update from mgnade at Indie Game Stand regarding potential Desura keys for Bridge-It.

https://indiegamesta...f=2&t=560#p2646

We've got emails into the developer about Desura keys, Steam keys if greenlit and a DRM free version.

steam_sig.png

#309 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

An update from mgnade at Indie Game Stand regarding potential Desura keys for Bridge-It.

https://indiegamesta...f=2&t=560#p2646

Hmmm I may buy it then...

#310 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

Yes, I was sure I had this one from somewhere, but it might be worth a BTA to pick up the add-on. I just hope it doesn't get as ball-bustingly difficult as Bridge Constructor, which made me abandon a virtually lucrative career in virtual engineering . . . .

The add-on was a bonus in the Indiefort bundle. Check your game list for "Indiefort Countdown Bundle Bonus Content."

#311 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

The add-on was a bonus in the Indiefort bundle. Check your game list for "Indiefort Countdown Bundle Bonus Content."

Dang, that never occurred to me. I wish I'd seen your post before I ponied up my $2.08. Oh well.

Anybody want a cheap Bridge It and add-on activation key? ;)

fs_pc.png

#312 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

Desura keys are live now. It is showing in my account.

https://indiegamesta...f=2&t=560#p2652

Hi

Developer of Bridge It here, I am working on uploading some Desura keys and if Bridge It gets Greenlit on Steam then Steam keys will be provided as well! Please help us Greenlight Bridge It:

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=109414835

Llet me know if there are any other questions.

Also the Bridge It registration is not a online activation, it is just a keycode and no internet connection is required.

Thanks for your support everyone!

Josiah

https://indiegamesta...f=2&t=560#p2656

Hi,

I just added Desura keys! If anyone has any problems please let me know.

Thanks!

Josiah

steam_sig.png

#313 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

Thanks for pointing that out. I would have missed that because I did a ctrl+f for "bridge it", and all that showed up was the main game. Would have never thought to check the bonus content bundle.

I think I'm gonna go in for a buck for the Desura key (and potential steam key, because I don't trust GamersGate to get me one). But obviously there's little incentive for me to BTA on this.

EDIT: Oh and thanks to Motoki for inquiring about the desura keys for us.

#314 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:17 AM

EDIT: Oh and thanks to Motoki for inquiring about the desura keys for us.

:lol: You know me. Everyone has their own thing and one of mine here is apparently 'Hey where's the Desura keys?'

steam_sig.png

#315 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:20 AM

Thanks for pointing that out. I would have missed that because I did a ctrl+f for "bridge it", and all that showed up was the main game. Would have never thought to check the bonus content bundle.

Yeah. Except for Steam keys for Achron, everything promised for that bundle did get delivered. Some of it took a number of reminders, as confusion seemed to rule the day, but it all arrived. It's also about as haphazardly organized as anything I've seen. Some extras are under the base games. Some are under the base section of bundle, some are in the game list under a bundle bonuses heading, and some are linked in a game list item under that last heading. I couldn't possibly have made it any more confusing if I had set out to do so deliberately.

I think I'm gonna go in for a buck for the Desura key (and potential steam key, because I don't trust GamersGate to get me one). But obviously there's little incentive for me to BTA on this.

If the devs provide them Gamersgate will get them to us. Eventually. It may take an email or two for them to get it successfully into our game lists as they stumble about, but it will happen.

#316 fusguy

fusguy

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:40 AM

I'm out because of the donation to Equality Now. And I am not looking for a debate and am grateful that we live in a pluralistic society, I just prefer the humble bundles that let you choose how much, if any, of your money goes to a charity.

A quick read on Equality Now will show that while much of the work they do is considered universally good, they have also done much to make abortion more accessible, which many believe destroys the very lives they claim to be advocating for and is not universally considered good. Just an FYI for you if you view this issue as morally questionable.
For some, Gaming is a way of life.
For others, it is the revolution!

#317 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:44 AM

I'm out because of the donation to Equality Now. And I am not looking for a debate and am grateful that we live in a pluralistic society, I just prefer the humble bundles that let you choose how much, if any, of your money goes to a charity.

A quick read on Equality Now will show that while much of the work they do is considered universally good, they have also done much to make abortion more accessible, which many believe destroys the very lives they claim to be advocating for and is not universally considered good. Just an FYI for you if you view this issue as morally questionable.

Or stop worrying what other people do with their bodies/lives and play a stupid build bridging game.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#318 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:51 AM

I wasn't going to buy this game since I have no interest in it and will never play it, but after finding out about Equality Now from your post, I bought it anyway in order to support this charity - thanks!

#319 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:28 AM

Oh well for religious types then I suggest Bundlestars which includes the Adam's Venture games where you can learn about Christian Values and are approved by Christiangaming.com.

steam_sig.png

#320 Honeybaked Ham

Honeybaked Ham

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:29 AM

I wasn't going to buy this game since I have no interest in it and will never play it, but after finding out about Equality Now from your post, I bought it anyway in order to support this charity - thanks!

I did the exact same. :D

76561197970731518.png

#321 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:46 AM

Oh well for religious types then I suggest Bundlestars which includes the Adam's Venture games where you can learn about Christian Values and are approved by Christiangaming.com.

Is there a way to Tebow in the game? I bought it already I'm just hoping you can.

#322 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:39 AM

Or stop worrying what other people do with their bodies/lives and play a stupid build bridging game.

I did the exact same. :D

And now I'm glad I ended up with two by mistake! :D

fs_pc.png

#323 natewaites

natewaites

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:40 AM

Thanks for letting me know about Bundle Stars. I had no idea that a game like Adam's Venture even existed. Glad to support the developers.

Also, it is good to know about Equality Now. I was not even paying attention to the charity that IndieGameStand was promoting/supporting.

#324 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

New deal is Doom and Destiny RPG and you get two more games if you BTA - all redeem on Desura.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#325 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

Updated OP for new deal - on the road so can't do a full update right now.

#326 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

If you beat the average currently $1.90 you also get Spy Leaks and miner warfare. All 3 give Desura keys.

steam_sig.png

#327 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:30 AM

Next IGS deal is most likely Super Tower Rush, based on the hints we've been given via twitter.

http://www.desura.co...uper-tower-rush

#328 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:21 AM

Updated OP for new deal, which is indeed Super Tower Rush.

#329 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:18 AM

Updated OP for new deal: Recruits

#330 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:22 AM

And Edit:

Good thing I checked Desura - Already have it! Probably by some bundle!

Groupees Build a Greenlight it was so if you missed it, now is your chance to get it.