IndieGameStand Pay-What-You-Want Game Thread

seamoss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
166 (100%)
Current game on sale at the Indie Game Stand:

Steel Storm: Complete Edition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sduihwqilPc

BTA: Steel Storm: Forgotten Prison DLC (?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVtdbzZwB2U

Available for Windows & Linux.

Minimum is $0.25, while $1.00 or more will get you a Desura key, plus a Steam key if it gets greenlit.

Beat the current average for bonus content.

10% of the proceeds will be donated to charity.

Find out if this game has been previously bundled.

Last edited by a moderator:
I already have Escape Goat courtesy of the Indie Royale June Bug Bundle. But I look forward to future offers.

Here's hoping that they eventually do Project Zomboid.

I think I'll grab this. I liked the Soulcaster games, but passed on the Indie Royale bundle that Escape Goat was in. Should be cool to have something new offered up every 4 days.

Thanks, OP!

Escape Goat is the lick -- great game. It even has a PC-exclusive bonus campaign that's hard as sweet fuck.

Are these Indie Game bundles breeding.
Is it something the government might need to be concerned about.
Like Planet of the Indie Game Bundles.

[quote name='gordojones88']Are these Indie Game bundles breeding.
Is it something the government might need to be concerned about.
Like Planet of the Indie Game Bundles.[/QUOTE]

Indie games are mostly terrible but getting a dozen at a time for $5 or whatever the Indie Bundle of the Week might be is still a good deal. No complaints here.

[quote name='gordojones88']Looks like it is also available on Xbox Live Indie Games for $1.
Is it the exact same game?

Xbox.com/Escape Goat[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is. It came out on XBL over a year ago.

[quote name='gordojones88']Looks like it is also available on Xbox Live Indie Games for $1.
Is it the exact same game?
Xbox.com/Escape Goat[/QUOTE]

According to the game's site:

• Over 50 rooms in the main campaign.
  • Bonus campaign with 50 more rooms of intense platforming and puzzling. Not for the faint of heart! (PC Exclusive)
  • Control with the keyboard (fully mappable) or Xbox 360 controller.
  • Built-in level editor: Create your own world with up to 200 rooms, and share with your friends
So at least the bonus campaign (which apparently is really hard) is PC-only.

[quote name='The End']I already have Escape Goat courtesy of the Indie Royale June Bug Bundle.[/QUOTE]

Damn, didn't notice I already have it and rebought. Well, $1.05 won't do any harm I guess :D

So I was looking at this, even though I already have SpaceChem, and I noticed that if you pay $10, you get Escape Goat, SpaceChem, and the next game. Not that amazing of a deal now, but if they continue this trend (of having 3 games centered on the current one for $10), it might end up being a good deal if you miss one that you really want.

There shouldn't be anyone on this forum who doesn't have EG or SpaceChem. They are both outstanding games. EG isn't even annoying hard until the extra campaign.

SpaceChem is an engineer's/programmer's puzzler and extraordinarily difficult but it challenges you in ways no game has before. It's worth what they're asking in a heartbeat.

[quote name='seamoss']Updated with new offer: Gnomoria[/QUOTE]

Is it fun? Anyone put in a bit of time in the game? I wasn't entirely convinced by the gameplay video they had.

[quote name='Necrotron']Is it fun? Anyone put in a bit of time in the game? I wasn't entirely convinced by the gameplay video they had.[/QUOTE]

Well, folks over at Desura seem to be liking it - make of that what you will...

From what I've seen, Gnomoria is similar to Dwarf Fortress, but with actual graphics and less complex. Dwarf Fortress is something like a Sim DwarfCity, or maybe an extremely deep version of Minecraft where you tell dwarves to do the digging and building for you.

Not sure if I'll get this, since it'll probably sit in my backlog (esp if it's not on Steam), and I've been meaning to learn how to play Dwarf Fortress itself someday...

This NeoGAF thread has a good summary:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=480647

Call me racist but I don't like dwarves. I do however like building stuff so I'm gonna give it a shot.

fuck this is a strange post.

Oh, and there is an option in the My Games section to vote for the game in Steam Greenlight. Can I hope that if it gets greenlit that we'd get Steam keys too?

[quote name='Umair56']Call me racist but I don't like dwarves. I do however like building stuff so I'm gonna give it a shot.

Oh, and there is an option in the My Games section to vote for the game in Steam Greenlight. Can I hope that if it gets greenlit that we'd get Steam keys too?[/QUOTE]

According to thee greenlight page, yes.

"UPDATE
I've been getting a lot of emails asking if you will receive a Steam key if you purchase the game before being available on Steam. I'm almost positive that the answer is yes. I haven't seen a statement from Valve, but I know games have done this before and I expect to be able to give out Steam keys if Gnomoria is available on Steam in the future."

[quote name='BernardoOne']According to thee greenlight page, yes.

"UPDATE
I've been getting a lot of emails asking if you will receive a Steam key if you purchase the game before being available on Steam. I'm almost positive that the answer is yes. I haven't seen a statement from Valve, but I know games have done this before and I expect to be able to give out Steam keys if Gnomoria is available on Steam in the future."[/QUOTE]

Good to hear. I believe McPixel did it? Desura is fine in my book but I'd like a Steam copy as well. :)

As far as I can tell there are no bonuses for BTA for Gnomoria. No soundtrack or anything of the sort is available anywhere, actually.

[quote name='gilby']As far as I can tell there are no bonuses for BTA for Gnomoria. No soundtrack or anything of the sort is available anywhere, actually.[/QUOTE]

"Pay more than the average price paid of $1.98 to unlock this game’s Bonus Content!
Includes: Gnomoria OST by James Primate • 3 Bonus Tracks by James Primate"

On the purchase page.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']"Pay more than the average price paid of $1.98 to unlock this game’s Bonus Content!
Includes: Gnomoria OST by James Primate • 3 Bonus Tracks by James Primate"

On the purchase page.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Not on the landing page. I looked all over the landing page as well as on the blog to see if there were bonuses included for BTA.

I believe Geneforge was in a Royale, and I didn't end up buying it. At least $1 for a series of five games with some nice graphics? That's a great deal, I'm getting it this time.

[quote name='Umair56']Call me racist but I don't like dwarves. I do however like building stuff so I'm gonna give it a shot.

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, that made me LOL.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Already have it, but looking forward to the next reveal. One of these is going to catch me.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's a neat little promotion. There have been a few bundles where I recall I'd only want one game in the lot.

[quote name='inm8num2']$1 minimum for Steam and GOG keys is incredibly generous. I hear each of these games has 30+ hours of gameplay.[/QUOTE]

They're really, really long -- too much of a commitment if you ask me.

[quote name='M_F_A_H']They're really, really long -- too much of a commitment if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

I started playing the second half of the Avernum series (same company). Ten hours into Avernum 4 and I'm still nowhere near even getting half-way through it.

Dang. I was just looking at Geneforge on Steam last night and thinking that I would have to grab it if it ever went on sale.

[quote name='M_F_A_H']They're really, really long -- too much of a commitment if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

There comes a point in every gamer's life when his backlog is too long to add long games to. "I can't spend all this time playing one game when I have over a hundred waiting!" :lol:

In looking at backlog, I've found there's also a need to figure out "what is it about this game I enjoy?".

Staring Avernum 4 recently, I've found that I enjoy the plot and exploration, but really don't care as much as I used to about resource management and grinding. Solution: edit some of the game scripts to max out my party's experience and money, then continue through the game at a much more rapid pace.

I will never play Geneforge no time, but would ahve ate it up when i was younger.

Thanks Op I will keep my eye on the next sales.

bread's done
Back