IndieGameStand Pay-What-You-Want Game Thread

• Please log in to reply
1109 replies to this topic

#571 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:48 AM

Why are we getting so many repeats? Whatever happened to those five or so games the community voted on?
Get chance and luck!

#572 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:49 AM

Are these both recent groupees repeats?

Oh man, thanks for pointing out that this is a repeat. I was thinking about picking it up, and it turns out that I already own it from the retro groupee. This is like the third time over the last few offers that I've almost bought something that I already own.

I think in the future, I should set as my default position an expectation that all of the IGS games are gonna be repeats. Only after being proven wrong on that will I consider buying the game.

Don't worry.  Once I actually bought a game I already owned from IGS, luckily they have a lenient refund policy. lol

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#573 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:51 AM

Why are we getting so many repeats? Whatever happened to those five or so games the community voted on?

IGS are being dumb. I don't know why they skipped Three Dead Zed yet featured Paranautical Activity and 8-bit Commando. I probably wouldn't be able to give away those games to any of my friends, because they all have it. This is nothing new though, IGS has always loved repeats.

Are these both recent groupees repeats?

Oh man, thanks for pointing out that this is a repeat. I was thinking about picking it up, and it turns out that I already own it from the retro groupee. This is like the third time over the last few offers that I've almost bought something that I already own.

I think in the future, I should set as my default position an expectation that all of the IGS games are gonna be repeats. Only after being proven wrong on that will I consider buying the game.

They're really shooting themselves in the foot, at this point I'm thinking of just skipping all IGS deals since 99% of the non-repeat games they feature will be bundled anyway.

#574 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:09 AM

The way I use IGS is to pick up games from bundles that I didn't buy (not that there's many of those...) because I only wanted one or two games from them and couldn't justify getting the whole bundle. So it works out sometimes when that one game shows up on IGS, but yeah, it's mostly stuff that I already own too.

#575 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:35 AM

Current game on sale at the Indie Game Stand:

Reperfection

Available for Windows.

Minimum is $0.25, while $1.00 or more gets you a key on Desura.

Beat the current average for bonus content:

Reperfection OST

10% of the proceeds will be donated to charity.

Thought I'd help you out and make it cut'n'paste-able ;)

Get chance and luck!

#576 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:44 AM

You considerate bastard, you.

Not all that interested in this one, myself. I'm not exactly the world's biggest adventure game fan. But it appears to be by the same people behind the Cognition series. So if you like those games, maybe this might be for you.

#577 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:51 AM

You considerate bastard, you.

Not all that interested in this one, myself. I'm not exactly the world's biggest adventure game fan. But it appears to be by the same people behind the Cognition series. So if you like those games, maybe this might be for you.

I think it looks a little interesting, but indie adventure games get bundled probably more often than anything else. Given I still have about a dozen from the telltale weekly, I'm gonna pass on this one. Haven't played the Cognition series either, so I don't have a big frame of reference.

Get chance and luck!

#578 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:57 AM

Updated OP for new deal: REPERFECTION (Volume 1), an indie adventure game.

Here's a review in case anyone's interested (I collect adventure games so I'll probably get this).

#579 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:30 AM

The Bad:
Short and very easy; black and white artwork is unnecessarily drab; some story points feel rushed or unbelievable; ends on a cliffhanger with a long wait before the next episode.

Pretty much the problem with most every adventure game I've played lately (minus the B&W bit). I'm fine with episodic games, but once in awhile I'd like a game to last MORE than a mere 2-3 hours. Not considering the price into this, they just feel rushed to me more often than not :cry:

Get chance and luck!

#580 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:34 AM

Pretty much the problem with most every adventure game I've played lately (minus the B&W bit). I'm fine with episodic games, but once in awhile I'd like a game to last MORE than a mere 2-3 hours. Not considering the price into this, they just feel rushed to me more often than not :cry:

Yup, they sure don't make 'em like they used to...

Even putting the full 3, 4, or 5 "episodes" together doesn't make up a huge game.

#581 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:39 AM

Yup, they sure don't make 'em like they used to...

Even putting the full 3, 4, or 5 "episodes" together doesn't make up a huge game.

that is of course assuming all the episodes come out *cough*Kentucky Route Zero*cough*. You never know with indie games if development could just stop, but I guess for the price its a small risk, but I'd be annoyed by the lack of story closure even still.

All this just makes me really wish the older Double Fine adventure games were on Steam. Maybe one day :pray:

Get chance and luck!

#582 Rerujnoc

Rerujnoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:57 AM

that is of course assuming all the episodes come out *cough*Kentucky Route Zero*cough*. You never know with indie games if development could just stop, but I guess for the price its a small risk, but I'd be annoyed by the lack of story closure even still.

All this just makes me really wish the older Double Fine adventure games were on Steam. Maybe one day :pray:

Did they stop development on Kentucky Route Zero and which older Double Fine adventure games do you want on Steam?

#583 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

Did they stop development on Kentucky Route Zero and which older Double Fine adventure games do you want on Steam?

I don't think so, its just been a long time without any word on a release date or even an update on progress. And I am a huge DF fan and want to play all of them. The older ones are rather hard to find though, and having them all on steam would be great. I suppose specifically Grim Fandango is at the top of my list, though Day of the Tentacle (maybe confused on the title) isn't far behind. I think Lucasarts owned the rights to them though, so I don't have a lot of hope in ever seeing them rereleased :cry:
Get chance and luck!

#584 Rerujnoc

Rerujnoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:45 AM

I don't think so, its just been a long time without any word on a release date or even an update on progress. And I am a huge DF fan and want to play all of them. The older ones are rather hard to find though, and having them all on steam would be great. I suppose specifically Grim Fandango is at the top of my list, though Day of the Tentacle (maybe confused on the title) isn't far behind. I think Lucasarts owned the rights to them though, so I don't have a lot of hope in ever seeing them rereleased :cry:

Ah. I see the confusion. Double Fine didn't make the games but Tim Schafer did lead the projects when he was working at lucasarts. I also think the chances are slim that they will be released on steam but I do have high hopes that GOG will eventually carry them. With Disney holding the rights now I think that the chances of them being re-released are higher then when Lucasarts had them.

As for Kentucky Route Zero act 2 wasn't released that long ago so I don't think that they have work enough on act 3 to make any definite announcements yet.

#585 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:11 PM

Ah. I see the confusion. Double Fine didn't make the games but Tim Schafer did lead the projects when he was working at lucasarts. I also think the chances are slim that they will be released on steam but I do have high hopes that GOG will eventually carry them. With Disney holding the rights now I think that the chances of them being re-released are higher then when Lucasarts had them.

As for Kentucky Route Zero act 2 wasn't released that long ago so I don't think that they have work enough on act 3 to make any definite announcements yet.

oh, I didn't know act 2 ever got released. Shows what I know :dunce: and I guess I was pretty confused about those adventure games to, but everyone always seems to refer to them as Double Fine games that it must have just seeped into my subconscious. GOG would probably be most likely I agree, I just don't know if they have any interest (Disney) in releasing the older games, what with shutting down Lucasarts and cancelling upcoming games (RIP 1313).

Thanks for clarifying all that though, seems I was out of the loop on a lot of this.

Get chance and luck!

#586 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:13 AM

not sure if this will simply get merged with my old post, but the new game is up:

Constant C - BTA Bonus: OST - Desura/Greenlight

Get chance and luck!

#587 Thrakker

Thrakker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

And to save people the trouble of looking it up, this was in Groupees BM8, including the Desura key and soundtrack.

#588 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

Updated OP for new deal: Constant C

#589 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:02 PM

This is very loosely related but why isn't the OG Shogun Total War on GOG's roster? Question for anyone.

MARS

#590 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:14 AM

New game up:

The Real Texas

BTA Bonuses

• OST
  • Paradise Perfect Boat Rescue
  • Fold Sum'm! Papercraft 

Keys

• Desura
  • GOG

OS

• Windows 
  • Mac
  • Linux

Get chance and luck!

#591 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:32 AM

I think I might pick this up for the GOG key. It looks like most of the BTA content is included with the GOG copy. I'd only be missing out on the mini game bonus "Paradise Perfect".

#592 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:23 AM

Updated OP for new deal: The Real Texas

Really good deal if you don't already have this game from the IR bundle. Good bonuses, too.

#593 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:35 AM

For some reason I thought this got on Steam.

#594 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:03 AM

For some reason I thought this got on Steam.

Likewise. I liked the music in the trailer, but this game just looks...odd :-?
Get chance and luck!

#595 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

Hmmm.  I just got an email for this deal but I'm not sure if I want it now or if I want to wait for another bundle (missed out on Royale).  It does look odd but in a good sort of way.

#596 juanjava

juanjava

Eye in the sky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:16 PM

Anyone played this game? It looks good, but also... Strange

76561198025176705.png

#597 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:45 PM

I haven't been interested in anything from IGS for a few weeks (so I haven't read this thread for a while, so feel free to crucify me if this has been mentioned before) but I just bought The Real Texas (I thought I already had it, but apparently not). 

Anyway, I noticed that clicking the Star above the BTA doesn't set your price at the BTA price anymore, it set it to $2 when the BTA was $1.77.  Very, very sneaky. :lol:

#598 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:58 AM

I haven't been interested in anything from IGS for a few weeks (so I haven't read this thread for a while, so feel free to crucify me if this has been mentioned before) but I just bought The Real Texas (I thought I already had it, but apparently not). 

Anyway, I noticed that clicking the Star above the BTA doesn't set your price at the BTA price anymore, it set it to $2 when the BTA was $1.77.  Very, very sneaky. :lol:

That's because everything is bigger in Texas, even the minimum payment :)

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#599 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:10 AM

Good catch. I just went in for a buck when I bought this, so I obviously didn't notice if this was like this for the whole bundle or if it's new. I'll definitely keep this in mind in the future.

My "like" of your post is partially for the head's up, and partially for the Archie Goodwin avatar.

#600 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

My "like" of your post is partially for the head's up, and partially for the Archie Goodwin avatar.

:lol:

I really need to watch that series again.  I got a little sad when I watched Heavens Fall (the scene with Hutton and Chaykin on the train) right after finishing Nero Wolfe because there was no more Nero Wolfe.