IndieGameStand Pay-What-You-Want Game Thread

• Please log in to reply
1109 replies to this topic

#61 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:09 AM

I didn't think RBS was THAT bad but it's certainly not an impressive shooter by any stretch of the imagination. I didn't mind getting it in whatever bundle I got.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#62 inm8num2

inm8num2

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:13 AM

I didn't think RBS was THAT bad but it's certainly not an impressive shooter by any stretch of the imagination. I didn't mind getting it in whatever bundle I got.

LOL. I think many gamers are forgetting they own games from past bundle purchases. There have really been that many bundles!

#63 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

LOL. I think many gamers are forgetting they own games from past bundle purchases. There have really been that many bundles!

Heh, that happened to me so I created a text file with bundle name + game names just to keep track. It's good for keeping track of gift links too. :oops:

#64 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:31 AM

OP updated for new deal: Brainpipe

#65 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:44 AM

Brainpipe is extremely trippy so it's great for smokers.

MARS

#66 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:47 AM

A lot of future potential deals on IndieGameStand may have been leaked.

https://indiegamesta...game_covers/XXX

For "XXX" enter 1-3 digits (they're not in order). Some of them don't work, but you'll randomly come across images for games (for past and possibly future deals).

For example, https://indiegamesta...a/game_covers/1 directs you to pics for The Banner Saga.

#67 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:54 AM

For "XXX" enter 1-3 digits (they're not in order). Some of them don't work, but you'll randomly come across images for games (for past and possibly future deals).

For example, https://indiegamesta...a/game_covers/1 directs you to pics for The Banner Saga.

Yeah, I hacked into the site the same way earlier and looked at all the pictures. Patent pending on my hack to so best to give credit sun.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#68 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:34 AM

You can do the same with:

https://indiegamesta...creenshots/XXX/

I started looking at these but then decided to stop - I rather like the anticipation.
Still, from what I saw, some nice indie games coming up (assuming these are
indeed all "signed up" games).

#69 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

Hint for the next game from their Twitter page:

1. Here's a hint about the next game: it is for PC, Mac, Linux...and Android.

2. Only 5.5 hours left for BrainPipe http://$$$$$$$/PcOyPb ... then onto something Roguelike.

My guess? Avadon The Black Fortress. I remember seeing it in their index.

#70 crabbit

crabbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:17 PM

Hint for the next game from their Twitter page:

My guess? Avadon The Black Fortress. I remember seeing it in their index.

Is Avadon a roguelike? I thought I had all the roguelikes and I've never heard of this game

#71 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:24 PM

Is Avadon a roguelike? I thought I had all the roguelikes and I've never heard of this game

Apparently it is. I just killed some wolves and met a mage. It was very roguelike.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#72 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

I haven't played it, so I can't say for sure. Cardinal Quest also seems very likely. It's probably one of those.

#73 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:27 AM

Avadon isn't a roguelike -- it's a fairly traditionally (albeit bland, imo) turn based RPG. Pretty much the same as the rest of Jeff Vogel's games.

#74 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

almost bought Brainpipe until I realised I had it from long ago

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#75 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:27 AM

I have a bad feeling it's going to be Hack Slash Loot since it was previously in an Indie Royale.

#76 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:29 AM

I have a bad feeling it's going to be Hack Slash Loot since it was previously in an Indie Royale.

I don't think it'll be Hack Slash Loot. It wasn't ported to Android AFAIK, and I'm not sure if it's on Mac/Linux. It's probably Cardinal Quest.. which was in 3 bundles lol. It was in the gamedev bundle (which was nearly free), IndieFort, and Indie Gala Mobile bundle.

It looks like they've got a lot of fresh potential deals planned.. I wish they'd stop giving us bundle repeats.

#77 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:32 AM

It was actually free at one point, too.

#78 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:07 AM

I don't think it'll be Hack Slash Loot. It wasn't ported to Android AFAIK, and I'm not sure if it's on Mac/Linux. It's probably Cardinal Quest.. which was in 3 bundles lol. It was in the gamedev bundle (which was nearly free), IndieFort, and Indie Gala Mobile bundle.

It looks like they've got a lot of fresh potential deals planned.. I wish they'd stop giving us bundle repeats.

And you won, its Cardinal Quest :p

#79 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:14 AM

did brainpipe make anyone else wanna vomit?
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#80 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:15 AM

This reminds me how I never really sat down and played Cardinal's Quest on my phone. And I like me some roguelikes sometimes.

I really wish Indie Gala had an Android app to make it easy for me to download my games again and again like the HIB one. I flash CM10 nightlies and wipe my data pretty often.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#81 otangz

otangz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

Any opinions on Cardinal Quest?

#82 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

I have at least a few hours on Cardinal Quest for the Android. It's a pretty decent very simple rogue. You get skills off the floor as well as equipment and it automatically equips if it's better. It seems all characters can use all skills probably but they start with different stats and skills. Overall it's a good introduction though not amazing.

#83 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

I have at least a few hours on Cardinal Quest for the Android. It's a pretty decent very simple rogue. You get skills off the floor as well as equipment and it automatically equips if it's better. It seems all characters can use all skills probably but they start with different stats and skills. Overall it's a good introduction though not amazing.

When I read up on it during the Indiefort bundle that had it, I quickly realized it was a rather simplified version of a Roguelike. Dungeons of Dredmore is a bit more complex, but still simplified, and I find it a bit boring.

I rather like complex Roguelikes with ASCII graphics. As such, I seem to be outside the target market for these simplified examples of the style.

#84 Eri Catocala

Eri Catocala

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:10 AM

New deal is the Megabyte Punch alpha, with a Desura key. Soundtrack's included if you BTA. Gameplay videos remind me of Super Smash Bros.

My key's somehow recognized but not currently working with Desura, according to the client pop-up. Might be an isolated incident. Sure it'll be fixed soon, regardless.

#85 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:19 AM

New deal is the Megabyte Punch alpha, with a Desura key. Soundtrack's included if you BTA. Gameplay videos remind me of Super Smash Bros.

My key's somehow recognized but not currently working with Desura, according to the client pop-up. Might be an isolated incident. Sure it'll be fixed soon, regardless.

I think that looks rather cool. Thanks, Eri!

Edit: Same key error here.

Edited by M_F_A_H, 24 October 2012 - 04:37 AM.

MARS

#86 Sandrock7383

Sandrock7383

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

anyone play Megabyte Punch? i know it wont cost much but is it even worth the effort of downloading and the dollar?

#87 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

anyone play Megabyte Punch? i know it wont cost much but is it even worth the effort of downloading and the dollar?

Looks a lot like super smash bros. I'm in for a dollar why not.

#88 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

Why don't you try the demos? See OP.

#89 aa.jetta

aa.jetta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

Actually picked up Megabyte Punch on a whim. It's quite fun and I'm digging the music.

#90 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

Last day to get Megabyte Punch. I've actually been having a lot of fun with it. Well worth a dollar. I recommend it!

Twitter hints for the next deal:

#1 - Just in Time for Halloween
#2 - Pc, Mac, Linux game - never been in a bundle before