Photo
- - - - -

Mass Effect Trilogy $60 11/6 (360,PC,PS3))

• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#241 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

I would bet that PS3 owners will get all the dlc for ME1 (just like on PC and 360), all the dlc except arrival (just like original release), and just cerberus on ME3).

I was hoping for all the dlc on 1 and 2 but it was always a stretch to hope for all the dlc on ME3.

Out of curiosity, why would they include all but Arrival for ME2? I have absolutely zero experience with ME DLC. And isn't Cerberus just a DLC pass (meaning you get all DLC)?

Ah I missed that. Depending on how far out it is then I guess PS3 owners have a better chance of getting some DLC.

I was thinking that PS3 owners might get all the DLC because the series has a much stronger following on the PC and 360, which might also explain the latter release of the PS3 version.

Even though I own all 3 games on the 360, I'd love to have the complete set (all 3 games + all DLC) as a physical release. I really want to go back to ME 1 & 2 (not as fond of 3) and spend more time with them.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#242 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

Out of curiosity, why would they include all but Arrival for ME2? I have absolutely zero experience with ME DLC. And isn't Cerberus just a DLC pass (meaning you get all DLC)?

I was thinking that PS3 owners might get all the DLC because the series has a much stronger following on the PC and 360, which might also explain the latter release of the PS3 version.

Even though I own all 3 games on the 360, I'd love to have the complete set (all 3 games + all DLC) as a physical release. I really want to go back to ME 1 & 2 (not as fond of 3) and spend more time with them.

IIRC, Arrival DLC released after ME2 had been released on PS3. Cerberus Network only granted access to Zaeed, Normandy Crash Site, and a couple other small DLC's at release, never covered any subsequent DLC's.

#243 IronsideGrunt

IronsideGrunt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:08 PM

PS3 at a later date".

Don't hold your breath on anything regarding this. This is EA we are talking about here in the end.

#244 Pojo

Pojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:18 PM

I'm just happy they're putting ME1 on the PS3 finally. Gonna get the whole series for under $40 by the time the whole thing is said and done. :P

Awesome games, by the way!
Posted Image

#245 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

IIRC, Arrival DLC released after ME2 had been released on PS3. Cerberus Network only granted access to Zaeed, Normandy Crash Site, and a couple other small DLC's at release, never covered any subsequent DLC's.

Exactly, I assume that EA is doing a new print of ME1 because of the PS3 and therefore including the DLC (since they would make at most 6 dollars from them both anyways). For ME2 they will take the easiest route: releasing the same games with a different print on front. ME3 will also just be the same thing that was released in the spring.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#246 Hijinx

Hijinx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:16 PM

From what I remember, last year there was some controversial news about how Microsoft is extremely strict when it comes to multi-platform releases. Meaning that if a game is going to be published across both consoles it has to have the same exact content (of course there are some exceptions I'm sure) or it has to release on Microsofts console first. . So I'm hoping maybe that's the reason for the ps3 delay. Then again it could just be taking more time to port ME1 to ps3 lol wishful thinking

#247 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:36 AM

it doesn't appear that the paid DLC will be included, only the free DLC:

http://masseffect.bi.../about/trilogy/

• On PC, Mass Effect will include Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station on disk. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included which features Zaeed – The Price of Revenge, The Firewalker Pack, Cerberus Assault Gear, Arc Projector heavy weapon, and Normandy Crash site mission. For Mass Effect 3, Online Pass will be included granting players access to co-op multiplayer.
  • On Xbox 360, Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station are not included with Mass Effect, however they are available as stand-alone downloads through Xbox LIVE. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included and Online Pass will be included for Mass Effect 3.
  • Information on PlayStation 3 DLC will be available soon.