Google Play $0.25 Sale (Wikified) - 5 Days

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#1 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

Google Play is having a $0.25 sale for 5 days to celebrate 25 billion app downloads. [Full List Page]

Everything is $0.25 unless otherwise noted.

Sunday's Games:
Sunday's Apps:

Expired sale apps:

Want to buy an app but it isn't support by your current device or you don't have one yet? Click here

25 Albums that Changed the World -- $3.99-$5.99
25 Modern Classics (Books) -- $0.99
25 Movies -- $2.99-$9.99
25 Magazines -- $1.99/issue

Other Notables:

Special thanks to Computersnacks and wiki contributors

Edited by asheskitty, 27 September 2012 - 03:54 PM.

#2 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

Thanks OP, grabbed a few already.
Posted Image

#3 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

Grabbed Ocean HD, Tasks, OfficeSuite (even though I have no use for it), and Symphony.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#4 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:57 PM

Yay! Thanks for the thread. I grabbed angry birds space and asphalt. Also thinking of grabbing the office app even though I have no use for it...yet. Here's to hoping they make a banner later today with all the sale apps listed.

#5 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

^_^ We're all looking forward to some official information about the sale. That said since developers/publishers have control over their pricing on the Play Store, some developers jump in with "me too" sale pricing if they did not make it into the official sale.

#6 Computersnacks

Computersnacks

All Snack Everything!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

Yay! Thanks for the thread. I grabbed angry birds space and asphalt. Also thinking of grabbing the office app even though I have no use for it...yet. Here's to hoping they make a banner later today with all the sale apps listed.

I added the banner page to the OP

#7 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

Yippi~ Another pretty good android sale!

#8 Jotamide

Jotamide

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:20 PM

Hmm nothing for me there really....Still, thanks.
Posted Image

#9 Greyghost

Greyghost

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

I wish they had an add to cart or even just a buy all feature. It's kind of annoying to have to do a bunch of little 25 cent charges over and over again and I'm sure they must get charged a processing fee on each one.

#10 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

I'm terrible I thought I saw Let's Create Poverty

#11 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

Thanks Computersnacks!

I was looking into the difference between Angry Birds Space - HD versus Premium. The premium version is allegedly for phones, but the HD version doesn't look appreciably different. The free version looked perfectly fine on my Nexus 7.
References: xda & androidpolice

#12 Bierno

Bierno

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

thanks bought Ocean HD and Draw something.

Wonder what else will be on sale

#13 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:45 PM

I wish they had an add to cart or even just a buy all feature. It's kind of annoying to have to do a bunch of little 25 cent charges over and over again and I'm sure they must get charged a processing fee on each one.

Funny you mention that, last year with the .10 cent sale, I bought almost every title and my bank actually called me thinking they were fraudulent charges. I didn't know where to begin, but they put a note on my account. Here's to hoping they don't call again!
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#14 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

I know what you mean. I'm quite surprised that my credit union didn't fraud-flag all the $0.10 transactions. I would note that Amazon (with it's much more developed web-store) also requires cart-less every-item-is-a-transaction purchasing for digital downloads (including apps, games, & music).

#15 stuffedmonkey

stuffedmonkey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

Go buy Tasks now. It's a fairly simple tasks app that syncs with your Google Tasks. If everything had as nice an interface I'd be a happy man :)

(There's even a free w/ads version if you are opposed to paying for stuff)

#16 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

I wish Amazon would PM this. I'm thinking about getting a Kindle Fire for my kids, and the Cat in the Ht would be great. I know I could ROOT it, but not sure I want to screw around with my kids tablet (if I get it).

#17 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

Awesome, I'm so happy Symphony of Eternity is .25. I hope we see some of the other RPGs hit the .25 pricepoint. Eve of the Genesis was really fun for what it was.

#18 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

Tasks for a quarter is a no brainer, as is Cat in the Hat. I wasn't sure my kid would be into "books" on the tablet but she loves em.
Posted Image

#19 Greyghost

Greyghost

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

I wish Amazon would PM this. I'm thinking about getting a Kindle Fire for my kids, and the Cat in the Ht would be great. I know I could ROOT it, but not sure I want to screw around with my kids tablet (if I get it).

They have pm'ed some of the Google sales before but it does take them time to do that. Assuming this sale lasts for a few days keep an eye out on Amazon because they may end up price matching at some point.

#20 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

Downloaded the trial for OfficeSuite 6 and bought it two minutes later. It might be the only office app that I hadn't tried in the past and it completely blows the others away for spreadsheet viewing on a phone. It's been a few months so I suppose the others could have caught up, but at 25 cents they're not going to beat it on price.

#21 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:36 PM

I have the four (or five?) major office suites for android (all from Amazon FAAD). OfficeSuite is an easy recommend at $0.25. IIRC they all have different strengths. My usual go-to is QuickOffice HD. Imo, it doesn't hurt to have multiple different ones to handle problem files.

#22 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:42 PM

I have the four (or five?) major office suites for android (all from Amazon FAAD). OfficeSuite is an easy recommend at $0.25. IIRC they all have different strengths. My usual go-to is QuickOffice HD. Imo, it doesn't hurt to have multiple different ones to handle problem files.

QuickOffice was what I was using and probably has the nicest presentation, but I like the way that OfficeSuite handles files, especially spreadsheets, on my phone better.

I've actually got the Amazon AppStore frozen on my phone right now and only enable it when I want to spend a little while playing a game that I got from it. I don't like that I need to keep it installed (and let it run) at all times to use those apps.

#23 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:49 PM

Crap read it too fast i though this was for download plays
WOOOO I STINK

#24 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

I'm terrible I thought I saw Let's Create Poverty

That would be an awesome and applicable at 25 cents!

Go buy Tasks now. It's a fairly simple tasks app that syncs with your Google Tasks. If everything had as nice an interface I'd be a happy man :)

(There's even a free w/ads version if you are opposed to paying for stuff)

But how does it compare to just using Evernote

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#25 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:01 PM

This google play stuff is for Android devices?
This is different than the Chrome Web Store for PC, right?

#26 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

This google play stuff is for Android devices?
This is different than the Chrome Web Store for PC, right?

Correct

#27 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:14 PM

Bought Angry Birds space. Thanks OP!

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#28 The Questyen

The Questyen

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

I don't want to be a part of any world that was changed by The Black Eyed Peas.

Now Playing: Dead Space Extraction (Wii) / The Swapper (PS4)

Recently Finished:  Vessel (PS3) C- / Metroid Prime (replay) (Wii) A / The Walking Dead Season 2: Ep 4 (PS3) A-

#29 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:18 AM

I don't want to be a part of any world that was changed by The Black Eyed Peas.

This.

Bought most of the utilities and the one RPG. Sucks that I bought that granny game on Monday and Asphalt 7 a while ago

#30 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:23 AM

Thanks, OP! Most of the movies, books, and apps I can easily pass on, but OceanHD and OfficeSuite for $0.50? One or two of the books are probably worth snagging at that pricepoint too. I can't remember whether I've read Being and Nothingness before and I've been wanting to see the Cary Grant film version of Gentleman's Agreement, but it wouldn't hurt to read the book first. . . .

EDIT: Oh, crap, according to this post, they're changing the deals every day for the next five days. My wallet's in trouble! You know, the irony is that I just got a Nexus 7 a week ago for my birthday, I've just about finished setting it up, and I've blown through all but about a dollar of my $25 credit.

Edited by warreni, 27 September 2012 - 01:36 AM.

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.