Photo
- - - - -

Crysis $9.99 Xbox Game Marketplace

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 TheOmegaSoldier

TheOmegaSoldier

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

I'm glad I put down borderlands 2 for a bit and fired up the original crysis , I'm really enjoying it! This is a game I could see myself trying to get all the achievement points for.

I'm also learning that I'm terrible at stealth despite having a futuristic invisibility suit. :)

#32 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

I'm also learning that I'm terrible at stealth despite having a futuristic invisibility suit. :)

It's not you, it's the game. And those guards with absolutely amazing sensory perception.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: Fable Anniversary Review

#33 masterd919

masterd919

Games, games and more games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

About how long does the campaign last for?

It's a shame that they didn't include the expansion and multiplayer...That's what is preventing me from buying it. I spent the same amount of money on Crysis 2 and haven't played it in a bit..

#34 TheSingingBard

TheSingingBard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

Awesome timing. Just had received those points I got off Buy.com's Daily Ebay Deal. Been waiting for this game to drop in price.

#35 Gideon68

Gideon68

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

My gold expired today, good thing I downloaded this and avengers pinball last tuesday.

#36 masterd919

masterd919

Games, games and more games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:56 PM

Just bought it and actually feel like it was worth it. I wish the guns in Crysis 2 felt more like they do in Crysis 1...Only just got into the first few minutes of the game, but I already am pleased with what I'm seeing.

It's nice to have Crysis 1 + Crysis 2...down the line when Crysis 3 has been out for a bit I'll be picking that up as well. A nice new trilogy to get into.

#37 Nightmarecast25

Nightmarecast25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:59 PM

He sure does die pretty quickly eh. lol I should know, i'm a pro at it.

#38 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:36 AM

I put some time into my first try at Crysis ever. The world feels very open. quite different from the linear pathways of most FPS/TPS games. and the environmental detail is amazing. it seems most structures are destructible. the vehicles are neat. I kept getting radio chatter to go into the first camp all stealthily. but I stormed in via the humvee and guns ablazing...

#39 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:44 AM

Thanks OP! I may have to check this out. I've never really looked anything up about this game (all I knew was that it was a PC exclusive for a while, and that my computer couldn't handle it, haha), but I took a look at a couple videos and it seems like it could be a lot of fun for $10. :D

#40 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:56 AM

This is honestly one of the best shooters this gen. It has that same magic that the first Farcry had. Crytek, when at their best, put out an amazing experience. This game is basically the antithesis to the CoD approach to FPS game design. It is simply awesome!

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#41 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

for those of you curious how Crysis translated to the Xbox, I made a 30 minute recording...

it's my first time playing any Crysis game ever...

0:00 credits and intro. 2:30 gameplay start. Youtube transcoding compression is really killing the video. Hopefully after more postprocessing by Google, it'll look better in a few hours as I just uploaded it.

Edited by dirtyvu, 29 September 2012 - 08:36 PM.

#42 blacklabel036

blacklabel036

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

Great price. Going to buy it.

#43 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:23 PM

been waiting a good while for this to hit $10...great find!

596772.png

#44 CHADSTONe

CHADSTONe

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:34 AM

Thanks OP! Bought a Crysis 2 code off eBay about a year ago for 15 bucks. This makes a nice addition for 10 bucks!

#45 nadohawk

nadohawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:37 AM

For those who have not bought it and can buy it for PC, don't get it for the 360. It is highly glitched. I am a few minutes away from 200 of my last 215 gamerscore and the game has script issues or all I can do is move (not even jump).
1 John 1:7,9
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

#46 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:34 AM

really? i have a couple friends that finished it on the 360. can you be more descriptive? i can ask them if they had the same problems.

#47 otangz

otangz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

I had no problems. Game ran smoothly from start to finish. I just beat it a couple of weeks ago.

#48 nadohawk

nadohawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

really? i have a couple friends that finished it on the 360. can you be more descriptive? i can ask them if they had the same problems.

Had to restart a checkpoint and a level because the script just did not advance. The worst now is I can only move with the analog stick and nothing else...second time I will have to restart a whole level.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

#49 lochdoun

lochdoun

Coast to Coast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:44 PM

Had to restart a checkpoint and a level because the script just did not advance. The worst now is I can only move with the analog stick and nothing else...second time I will have to restart a whole level.

Doesn't seem to be a common problem. Try clearing your cache and make sure you are running it from a hard drive and not a USB stick.
Currently playing: :pc: Tropico 4 | :360: Reckoning

#50 nadohawk

nadohawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:56 PM

Doesn't seem to be a common problem. Try clearing your cache and make sure you are running it from a hard drive and not a USB stick.

My glitches are good compared to what others have faced. It's just a poor port.

#51 IronsideGrunt

IronsideGrunt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

My glitches are good compared to what others have faced. It's just a poor port.

Yeah but other than PC version the only alternative is the PS3 version and I think DF said in a face-off that the XBOX version was better.

I am going to get it being that I've missed sales for the PS3 version waiting for this to hit the 800 pt. mark due to the better 360 reviews.

#52 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

It definitely has some glitches, but the gameplay improvements that they brought over from Crysis 2 make it superior to the original pc version, in my opinion at least.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#53 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

went back to Digital Foundry's Crysis article after Ironside reminded me...

http://www.eurogamer...crysis-face-off

I didn't realize some of the changes made to the game because I never played the PC version. It seems that in some ways, the graphics are better on the 360 than on the PC (running at the same resolution) like the lighting and better quality textures.

#54 yamayama

yamayama

• • Professional Beta Tester • • (give me free stuff)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:37 PM

I just beat this morning with out any problems and got 830/1000 GS.

Definitely worth the $10 / 800 MSP.

«‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»