Photo
- - - - -

Limited-Time PlayStation Card Offer: Free 12-Mos Plus Subscription & $50 PSN Voucher

• Please log in to reply
620 replies to this topic

#1 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:29 PM

http://blog.us.plays...50-psn-voucher/

Hello PlayStation Nation! I hope you’re a fan of PlayStation Plus and free video games, because you may have just hit the mother lode. We’ve been working tirelessly with our friends at Capital One to put together a special PlayStation Card offer for our community, and I’m excited to finally share the details. For a limited time, new cardholders will get a 12 month subscription to PlayStation Plus AND a $50 PlayStation Network code after first purchase (and yes, before you ask, the 12 month PlayStation Plus subscription stacks if you are already a Plus member).

As you might recall, last year we launched the PlayStation Card – a credit card designed specifically for our PlayStation community. With it cardholders get:

10x points on ALL PlayStation Network purchases
3x points on ALL PlayStation and Sony purchases at Sony stores and Sony.com
3x points at quick service restaurants, movie theaters and on your mobile phone bill
1x points on all other purchases

And now, on top of the points you can earn, new cardholders will receive a 12 month PlayStation Plus subscription and a $50 PSN Code after first PlayStation Card purchase. With PlayStation Plus, you get:

An Instant Game Collection, which grants you access to a library of blockbuster games like inFAMOUS 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Borderlands, and many more.
Exclusive early access to select game betas and demos
1GB of cloud storage to save games online
Full game trials
Discounts on select PlayStation Store purchases
Automatic PS3 updates

And, once you receive the $50 PlayStation Network code with this offer, you can spend those fifty bucks however you please on the PlayStation Network!

When you combine the discounts you can take advantage of as a PlayStation Plus member, the $50 PSN code you can get to spend on the PlayStation Network, and the 10x points you earn from using your PlayStation Card in the PlayStation Store, you’re looking at some serious benefits.

This is the first time we’ve been able to put together such a special offer, and it’s our way of saying “thank you” for being such an awesome community!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#2 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

....i might actually look into this

#3 argyle

argyle

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

Is this different from the Sony card? In other words, if I already have a Sony card can I get one of these & still get the PS+ & $50?
Posted Image

#4 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:35 PM

Is this different from the Sony card? In other words, if I already have a Sony card can I get one of these & still get the PS+ & $50?

No idea, I've never own any type of Sony card. I was wondering if there are any hidden fees for transactions on this type of card?

#5 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:37 PM

nothing to lose
applied, will be great for PSN purchases, not sure will use anywhere else though
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PSN (US) : Tomoyo-MKII
PSN (ASIA) : Tomoyo-HK
Currently Playing : Ragnarok Odyssey, Atelier Totori Plus

#6 TheBomb69

TheBomb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:39 PM

Damn I just signed up a month ago to get the free $50 credit. PS+ for a year would have been nice as well.

#7 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:39 PM

No idea, I've never own any type of Sony card. I was wondering if there are any hidden fees for transactions on this type of card?

its from Capital One bank
for details on card information please click blow

Spoiler

PSN (US) : Tomoyo-MKII
PSN (ASIA) : Tomoyo-HK
Currently Playing : Ragnarok Odyssey, Atelier Totori Plus

#8 wbc1228

wbc1228

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:40 PM

You can get both cards.
I have both the Sony card and the PlayStation card.
Not sure if things have changed under Capital One, but I was able to get the signup bonus for each card when it was under Chase.

#9 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Oh man that APR blows!(those apr's)

#10 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

I remember the Playstation credit card around when MGS4 came out. You got a $100 credit when you purchased a PS3 with it. That was a great incentive. This is pretty good too but I would definitely prefer the older promo.
Posted Image

"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them." - George Orwell

#11 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

If your an existing card holder you don't get this deal.

No hidden fees but the interest is high (mine is currently at 24.99% and only use it for travel)

nothing to lose
applied, will be great for PSN purchases, not sure will use anywhere else though

Can use this to purchase Sony products and get extra points after you submit a form online.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

its from Capital One bank
for details on card information please click blow

Spoiler

Now that you mention capital one, I remember there was a class action lawsuit against for the payment protection settlement.... I myself, am a capital one member.

http://www.topclassa...ion-settlement-

#13 argyle

argyle

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:43 PM

You can get both cards.
I have both the Sony card and the PlayStation card.
Not sure if things have changed under Capital One, but I was able to get the signup bonus for each card when it was under Chase.

Awesome, thanks! :)
Posted Image

#14 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:46 PM

I've been looking for a new CC, I might bite

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#15 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:47 PM

A lot of good discussion about this card already took place here.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#16 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:47 PM

I remember the Playstation credit card around when MGS4 came out. You got a $100 credit when you purchased a PS3 with it. That was a great incentive. This is pretty good too but I would definitely prefer the older promo.

You'd rather have $100 off a purchase of a PS3 than what basically amounts to $100 in PS Swag for any purchase?

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#17 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

I remember them from before the commercials. They were and probably still are predatory lendors. It kills me to see them trying to be legitimate.

Pass No shade just buyer beware

#18 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

No annual fee it says. So...is there a catch?
As far as Capital One, I have 2 MCs with them, they offer great service, their online service chat is very responsive.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#19 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

You'd rather have $100 off a purchase of a PS3 than what basically amounts to $100 in PS Swag for any purchase?

The old promotion I remember was $100 credit to your account with any purchase.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:58 PM

No annual fee it says. So...is there a catch?
As far as Capital One, I have 2 MCs with them, they offer great service, their online service chat is very responsive.

No catch but the APR can go up to 24.9%
Posted ImagePosted Image

#21 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:01 PM

Thanks, will look into this further, APR isn't really a concern for me, but I really need to read this carefully to make sure there is no hidden fees.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#22 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

Even the lowest apr is pretty bad.

#23 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:12 PM

Thanks, will look into this further, APR isn't really a concern for me, but I really need to read this carefully to make sure there is no hidden fees.

Like I posted, good info here from a few different CAGs who have signed up for this. (Starts on post 7535)

Even the lowest apr is pretty bad.

I'd assume most CAGs are like me and pay off their credit card at least once a month. Maybe I'm mistaken though.

#24 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:49 PM

I was denied even though I have perfect credit, thousands in my checking account and no rent. I guess because I'm technically a student I was denied. Only reason I can think off since my yearly salary isn't that high and I chose student as employment.

Maybe I'll have my gf sign up since she has a much better chance of being approved since she is employed full time.

I'd like to get this since I've been getting a lot of stuff of PSN via gameshares.

Anyone know how long it takes to get the card once you're approved?

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#25 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

I was denied even though I have perfect credit, thousands in my checking account and no rent. I guess because I'm technically a student I was denied. Only reason I can think off since my yearly salary isn't that high and I chose student as employment.

Maybe I'll have my gf sign up since she has a much better chance of being approved since she is employed full time.

I'd like to get this since I've been getting a lot of stuff of PSN via gameshares.

Perfect credit as in NO credit? Having no credit is just as bad as having bad credit. Coupled with the fact that you don't have a job.

#26 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:05 PM

Anyone know how long it takes to get the card once you're approved?

I was denied as well. I don't really need another card, I just wanted the awesome perks. Whatever, lol.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#27 Mendoza357

Mendoza357

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:28 PM

I got denied and my credit spcore is 700 something. Anyone know how much credit you need to get approve?

#28 SCIENCEEE

SCIENCEEE

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:54 PM

My score was 687 pre-application. (Hey, I'm a student, cut me some slack. Never a late payment!.) Approved!

Great timing since I have the AC3 Liberation Chrystal White Vita pre ordered. Will get it October 30th with PS+ for Vita starting november.

#29 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:00 AM

hmm so do you just need to make one purchase with the card like a psn game or do you have to spend a couple hundred to get the perks?
0843db393346757b68b32a43df88d267_4d9be17

#30 SCIENCEEE

SCIENCEEE

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:03 AM

hmm so do you just need to make one purchase with the card like a psn game or do you have to spend a couple hundred to get the perks?

As far as I know, there's no minimum purchase.