Photo
- - - - -

Limited-Time PlayStation Card Offer: Free 12-Mos Plus Subscription & $50 PSN Voucher

• Please log in to reply
620 replies to this topic

#271 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:13 AM

Ive been having the problem others seem to have. They won't send me a verification e-mail and I can't seem to link my card to my account. Should I just call them?

#272 happydogs

happydogs

Razor barrel.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

Ive been having the problem others seem to have. They won't send me a verification e-mail and I can't seem to link my card to my account. Should I just call them?

Same here. No verification e-mail(multiple attempts, multiple browsers, and yes, i've added their e-mail to my "safe" list), can't link my card. Every time i try to link, i enter my info, hit submit, and the page just hangs. Sent them an e-mail about the issues, but the auto-reply said two business days, which means Tuesday.

#273 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

Same here. No verification e-mail(multiple attempts, multiple browsers, and yes, i've added their e-mail to my "safe" list), can't link my card. Every time i try to link, i enter my info, hit submit, and the page just hangs. Sent them an e-mail about the issues, but the auto-reply said two business days, which means Tuesday.

I signed up for the SONY Reward programs via the button that appears after you get approved for the card, and it automatically linked my card--I tried to link it afterwards and it said that it had already been done. Same exact scenario for my wife's card, too.

I made my first purchase on a Sat., and I got an email from SONY Rewards around 4 days later saying that my codes were available.

FYI: the codes don't come in the actual email--all the email does it let you know that they rewards are available on the SONY Rewards website, and that you can go there and get them.

Hope this info. helps.

#274 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

I sent them an e-mail last night and this morning they e-mailed me back that they verified my account for me and told me to call CS to link my card. Called and it took all of like 5 minutes to do.

#275 akiladae

akiladae

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

I sent them an e-mail last night and this morning they e-mailed me back that they verified my account for me and told me to call CS to link my card. Called and it took all of like 5 minutes to do.

I did the same when I applied for a new card. Now they are telling me that my first purchase ($50 to my PSN wallet) only netted me 5000 points. I hope my emails for the $50 voucher and 1 yr PS+ comes before the end of October. Need the $50 to purchase $100 worth of stuff on PSN.

#276 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

My card is linked and i bought retro city rampage on wednesday. Still no email from sony

#277 gentlyporking

gentlyporking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

Card has been linked, made my first purchase Tuesday. Also nothing...

#278 gentlyporking

gentlyporking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

Card has been linked, made my first purchase Tuesday. Also nothing...

And five minutes after posting this, I got the e-mail. Sweet sassy molassey!

#279 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

Finally got the confirmation email, now to link the card and make first purchase, is there a "minimum" that the purchase needs to be before I get the bonus points?

#280 mcizzles

mcizzles

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

got the email for the rewards. just checked out just wondering if they mail this or email it?

#281 gentlyporking

gentlyporking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

got the email for the rewards. just checked out just wondering if they mail this or email it?

You add both items to your cart on the Sony Rewards site. They will show up as free when you check out. The codes are then displayed to you by clicking on the completed transaction items. It says all this in the e-mail they sent you.

#282 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

And five minutes after posting this, I got the e-mail. Sweet sassy molassey!

Same here. I guess all we had to do was complain on CAG.

#283 ps2emotions

ps2emotions

8 bit heaven

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

Just got my email and went to sony rewards and added psn 12 month and $50 psn card to cart and checked out and got the codes. Now fixing to put them in my PS3. Great deal.

#284 evanwink

evanwink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

I also just got the email. I added them to my cart, but it shows the $50 code "No longer available". And if I empty my cart it won't let me just add the PSN 12 month, the $50 shows up, too. Apparently they have to be redeemed together? Sucks, because I'd hoped to download a game tonight to play tomorrow (I have lousy speed so it takes a while).

Will the $50 code be back in the morning? Seems like I read that somewhere.

#285 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

I also just got the email. I added them to my cart, but it shows the $50 code "No longer available". And if I empty my cart it won't let me just add the PSN 12 month, the $50 shows up, too. Apparently they have to be redeemed together? Sucks, because I'd hoped to download a game tonight to play tomorrow (I have lousy speed so it takes a while).

Will the $50 code be back in the morning? Seems like I read that somewhere.

They "re-stock" the codes every night - basically they limit the number of each type of code that can be redeemed each day. With a bunch of people getting $50 codes from the card, I can see why they might have reached their max redemption for $50 codes.

The $10 codes are quite often at their max redemption from the late morning on each day.

#286 LeonSKennedy

LeonSKennedy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

They "re-stock" the codes every night - basically they limit the number of each type of code that can be redeemed each day. With a bunch of people getting $50 codes from the card, I can see why they might have reached their max redemption for $50 codes.

The $10 codes are quite often at their max redemption from the late morning on each day.

Thanks for the info. I just sent them an e-mail about this, but will try again this morning to see if I can redeem both codes. I had the same issue. I couldn't do one without the other. I had to remove both, and when I tried to then just add the 1 Year of PSN, it automatically added the $50 PSN which is "currently unavailable".

Rambojr03.png

card.png

fs.png

#287 gentlyporking

gentlyporking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

so can someone help me out here a bit. I made an online capital one account and made an account at the sonyrewards site. What do I do now? Where do I go to input this card over there. Also, do I need to make some sort of purchase? I'm not seeing any points anywhere

Not to sound condescending, but these are all questions that have been displayed as you were signing up for the card. Especially with credit cards, DO NOT skip reading the details, especially with something that can affect your credit.

#288 kamakazi5

kamakazi5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

Well I got my card today which was pretty surprising. I assumed that it was denied since I didn't get an automatic response but I'm pretty happy. I wish they didn't give me such a high limit though so I may ask for it to be reduced.
My games/what I'm playing - www.backloggery.com/kamakazi5

#289 chelosera91

chelosera91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

Can someone help me here, its my first credit card so are there any fees? As long as I pay on time and dont go over the limit? Its a good way to build my credit up.
Posted Image

#290 gentlyporking

gentlyporking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

Can someone help me here, its my first credit card so are there any fees? As long as I pay on time and dont go over the limit? Its a good way to build my credit up.

Yup, no yearly fee and if you pay just the minimum, interest won't start accruing until next summer.

#291 kamakazi5

kamakazi5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

Correct, as long as you pay it off each month and don't go over you will be fine. Like someone else pointed out though it's always a good habit to read all the details before applying for any type of credit so you don't get screwed.
My games/what I'm playing - www.backloggery.com/kamakazi5

#292 MillsBM

MillsBM

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:58 AM

Personal experience here so far... I got the email with the weekly sony store email with a link to the offer, after reading the offer ALSO came with the 12 months PSN+from various articles online I clicked the link in my email. I was approved and received my card. Made my first purchase and coupe days later got an email about adding the $50 PSN code to my cart. Nothing about PSN+. I figured the + part of the offer would come later. So I cash in the $50 point card, get my code. No problem. Few days to by,and nothing comes in for + . So I contacted Sony rewards and they said "I didn't sign up with that offer" ... I told them what the offer should of been, and the lady said she would escalate the issue and I should get a call back in 1-2 business days. After 3 business days (today) I called back and the next lady said its still pending review and could not give me an updated time frame. If they come back and say I don't get the PSN+ offer because I clicked the link in my email and not the one on the PSBlog I'm zeroing my balance and canceling. That is horse manure!
Gamer by Day --- Animator by night
(+.[___]·:·)

#293 gentlyporking

gentlyporking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:59 AM

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

It's guys like him why history will repeat itself.

I'm just very confused on how he operates. Does he just see the thread name, clicks on the thread and sees that the description is longer than 10 words, so gives up trying to read it? Then he wants somebody to explain HIS FINANCIAL SITUATION in said 10 words? Lazy, incompetent people get on my very last nerve. Done with rant.

#294 Roopie

Roopie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:04 AM

Thanks, OP!

#295 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

Ugh did they already replenish? It says not available again.

#296 evanwink

evanwink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:08 PM

I dunno if they "re-stocked", but yeah, showing out for me, too.

#297 evanwink

evanwink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

Do you happen to know what time? I suspect midnight Pacific, but if I'm going to have to set an alarm to wake up for it, I'd like to be sure. And yes, I'm old and don't stay up late anymore.

#298 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

I didn't have luck last night or this morning

#299 foreverjoe20

foreverjoe20

DarkMagician

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

Finally got both my codes yesterday. Only took about 3-4 business days from the day of my first purchase.

#300 The_cheapest_Daddy

The_cheapest_Daddy

(>••)>†

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

I didn't have luck last night or this morning

Same here. Check this morning & it's not available. Going to check again at midnight.
6962.png
Currently playing
:3ds: Bravely default