Photo
- - - - -

Limited-Time PlayStation Card Offer: Free 12-Mos Plus Subscription & $50 PSN Voucher

• Please log in to reply
620 replies to this topic

#331 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

Never mind, stupid thing ended up in the spam folder. Stupid Gmail

#332 rnocerino

rnocerino

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

Does it matter how much you've been approved to get the 12 months of Playstation Plus and $50 voucher? I've only been approved for $500.00. That's all I need. I probably spend about $100-200 a year in digital downloads, DLC, etc.

#333 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

Nope shouldn't matter.

Kamagii.png

#334 dreamer2050

dreamer2050

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

Just got both codes, Any idea when the playstation plus code Subscription expire. I want to wait till November untill they add vita. As for PSN codes i think they doont expire Right?

Correct me if I am not right.
Thanks

#335 rnocerino

rnocerino

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

How soon do they send the codes out? Is it by email or something send to you in the mail?

#336 dreamer2050

dreamer2050

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:25 AM

How soon do they send the codes out? Is it by email or something send to you in the mail?

Its in the email after you go t osony reward and check out with Plastation plus memebership and PSn network card and in the charges it shows zero. I got email in 5 minutes after checking out.

#337 rnocerino

rnocerino

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:33 AM

I must have missed the link then. I got approved and clicked off it thinking I'm going to get something sent to me in the mail.

Its in the email after you go t osony reward and check out with Plastation plus memebership and PSn network card and in the charges it shows zero. I got email in 5 minutes after checking out.

#338 evanwink

evanwink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

I must have missed the link then. I got approved and clicked off it thinking I'm going to get something sent to me in the mail.

I think you are okay. The email with the codes doesn't come until a few days after you make a purchase on the card. They come in an email.

#339 dan77733

dan77733

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:51 AM

Question -

When you sign up for Sony Rewards in order to link the credit card, does the name on the Sony Rewards account have to match the name on the credit card? And second, after you receive the email with the codes, someone else can use the codes right?

My GF got the card today and im going to set it up tomorrow but she's not a gamer or anything. Basically, she did me a favor since I was declined for the card. Just want to make sure that I dont have any problems redeeming the codes.

Also, the first purchase can be anything in general or does it have to be on PSN?

#340 rnocerino

rnocerino

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:52 AM

Thanks for the info. I was wondering about the whole thing.

I think you are okay. The email with the codes doesn't come until a few days after you make a purchase on the card. They come in an email.

#341 akiladae

akiladae

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

Has anyone have difficulties or delay based on this scenario. Opened an account, linked the card and first purchase was $50 into my PSN wallet last week Thurs. Now, I have 5000 points, but that is because of the 10X bonus for using the playstation store.

Haven't got the emails yet and have a customer ticket out. Thinking I should just redeem by 5000 points to use towards the "Spend $100 get $20 back" at the store before the month runs out.

#342 dan77733

dan77733

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

Question -

When you sign up for Sony Rewards in order to link the credit card, does the name on the Sony Rewards account have to match the name on the credit card? And second, after you receive the email with the codes, someone else can use the codes right?

My GF got the card today and im going to set it up tomorrow but she's not a gamer or anything. Basically, she did me a favor since I was declined for the card. Just want to make sure that I dont have any problems redeeming the codes.

Also, does the first purchase have to be on the SonyRewards site, anything in general or does it have to be on PSN? Thanks.

Bump

#343 samebrokensoul

samebrokensoul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

Made my purchase on Tuesday. I had the codes emailed to me this morning. Damn fast turnaround.

#344 samebrokensoul

samebrokensoul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

Question -

Also, the first purchase can be anything in general or does it have to be on PSN?

Obviously I can't say for certain, but I would think the name on the account and the name on the card do not have to match.

Correct, after you receive the codes anyone can use them.

You can purchase anything in general. My first purchase was off Amazon.

#345 JamesFerguson

JamesFerguson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:40 AM

I got the email thanking me for making a purchase with the card, but it didn't say anything about the $50 PSN voucher or the PS+ subscription. Fortunately I read this thread so I put them in my cart on the Sony Rewards site and everything came up as 0 points. The confirmation emails went to my Spam folder but I was able to get the codes from the site right after the purchase was made. Good deal. Thanks CAGs!
Posted Image

I review comics and other stuff over here ---> HorrorTalk

#346 gwetmore2345

gwetmore2345

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

I got the email thanking me for making a purchase with the card, but it didn't say anything about the $50 PSN voucher or the PS+ subscription. Fortunately I read this thread so I put them in my cart on the Sony Rewards site and everything came up as 0 points. The confirmation emails went to my Spam folder but I was able to get the codes from the site right after the purchase was made. Good deal. Thanks CAGs!

Same here. Just got my $50 PSN Voucher and 1-year PS+ :applause:

#347 zechs34

zechs34

Voice of Voiceless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

This mightve been answered but I couldnt find it by searching the thread, but I got my card, linked it to my Sonys Rewards, and made my first purchase Thursday on the PSN. My question is, how do I know the card has been linked successfully? There is no place to either edit or view it that I know of. Thanks!
Posted Image

#348 Captain_Skaggs

Captain_Skaggs

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:32 PM

This mightve been answered but I couldnt find it by searching the thread, but I got my card, linked it to my Sonys Rewards, and made my first purchase Thursday on the PSN. My question is, how do I know the card has been linked successfully? There is no place to either edit or view it that I know of. Thanks!

Yeah it doesn't appear to be on the website. I had to call and ask and the lady let me know. it wasn't too hard.

#349 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

I bought so many PSOne classics. My vita is loaded up now.

Everyone who joins the CAG XBox One Conga Line from now until my 11 referrals are met are entered into a drawing to win a FREE $60 game from me! So get going - the Gamefly referral costs nothing, and others are as low as $1!

http://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

Join the CAG XB1 Conga Line and get an XB1 or $400+gift cardhttp://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

#350 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

I bought so many PSOne classics. My vita is loaded up now.

Man that's awesome. I need to apply for this credit card too so I can do the same. I really should finally play Final Fantasy 7...

#351 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

Two ways:
1) go to the site and attempt to link your card: https://www.sonyrewa...934763080973006 (there's the banner on the right) ...if it gives you an error message, then it's already linked
2) call SONY Rewards and ask

#352 dyne

dyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

Got the letter explaining why I was denied this card.

"Too may Capital One cards."

I have one other that I have never had a late payment on.

#353 akiladae

akiladae

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

Has anyone have difficulties or delay based on this scenario. Opened an account, linked the card and first purchase was $50 into my PSN wallet last week Thurs. Now, I have 5000 points, but that is because of the 10X bonus for using the playstation store.

Haven't got the emails yet and have a customer ticket out. Thinking I should just redeem by 5000 points to use towards the "Spend $100 get $20 back" at the store before the month runs out.

anyone else had problems getting their codes?

#354 zechs34

zechs34

Voice of Voiceless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:25 AM

Two ways:
1) go to the site and attempt to link your card: https://www.sonyrewa...934763080973006 (there's the banner on the right) ...if it gives you an error message, then it's already linked
2) call SONY Rewards and ask

Thank you. Tried to add it again and it said card was already linked. Really appreciate all your answers. :)
Posted Image

#355 dan77733

dan77733

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:50 AM

My GF got the card, she activated it and I linked it on the Sony Rewards site. Then, I used the card to purchase Red Johnson's Chronicles on PSN for $5. How long until my GF receives the email that says she's qualified for the $50 PSN voucher and the one year PSN+ subscription? Thanks.

#356 Revanchist

Revanchist

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

Does putting funds into your PSN Wallet count as a purchase ($5) or do you have to actually use the funds from the Wallet to buy something in order for it to count?

#357 jimmywolf

jimmywolf

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

My GF got the card, she activated it and I linked it on the Sony Rewards site. Then, I used the card to purchase Red Johnson's Chronicles on PSN for $5. How long until my GF receives the email that says she's qualified for the $50 PSN voucher and the one year PSN+ subscription? Thanks.

it varies 1-3 days should get the email for the codes

Does putting funds into your PSN Wallet count as a purchase ($5) or do you have to actually use the funds from the Wallet to buy something in order for it to count?

think been posted before added funds don't count got spend them Thu am not sure myself as i just bought something

#358 INCyr

INCyr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

With regards to getting the $50 + 1 year PS+, just putting $5 on the card should count. Capital One has no way of verifying what you did with those points anyway, and they don't care. All they care about is that you now owe them some amount of money.

#359 Revanchist

Revanchist

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

With regards to getting the $50 + 1 year PS+, just putting $5 on the card should count. Capital One has no way of verifying what you did with those points anyway, and they don't care. All they care about is that you now owe them some amount of money.

Thanks. I might wait a few days (3-4) and see if they send an email in regards to the deal. If not I will be forced to spend my $5...

#360 Jommy

Jommy

Cool Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:52 PM

Got the letter explaining why I was denied this card.

"Too may Capital One cards."

I have one other that I have never had a late payment on.

Same here, my only other card is a Cap One Sony Card.