Photo
- - - - -

Limited-Time PlayStation Card Offer: Free 12-Mos Plus Subscription & $50 PSN Voucher

• Please log in to reply
620 replies to this topic

#361 dan77733

dan77733

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:22 AM

it varies 1-3 days should get the email for the codes

Thanks. Is the email from sonyrewards.com or a different site?

#362 Revanchist

Revanchist

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

Just wanted to say adding funds to you PSN store wallet (without spending it) counts as a purchase with Capital One. Got my codes today, 2 days after purchase.

#363 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:23 PM

Yup I used my credit card to buy me a new cellphone awesome Samsung galaxy s3 on Sunday and I finally got me email to get the ps plus and $50 ps card today (Thursday) so thanks CAG for telling me about this deal got like $100 worth of free stuff on a 0% interest for a year credit card. Awesome deal.

#364 cagfansub

cagfansub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:50 AM

I could not get the linking to work.. eventho I got the SonyRewards account and didn't get to the confirmation page during the PSN application.

How does one contact Sony Rewards? There is no telephone number or contact page on their web page..

#365 mfdoom

mfdoom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:55 AM

My GF got the card, she activated it and I linked it on the Sony Rewards site. Then, I used the card to purchase Red Johnson's Chronicles on PSN for $5. How long until my GF receives the email that says she's qualified for the $50 PSN voucher and the one year PSN+ subscription? Thanks.

The email came for me in 4 days. purchased Monday received Friday.

#366 dan77733

dan77733

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:35 AM

^^^^^ Thanks but my GF got the codes the other day. Just have to wait until Tuesday when I buy the super slim PS3. :)

#367 rnocerino

rnocerino

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

Are people getting their codes sent through email or regular mail? Are they from Capital One or Playstation? I just got my credit card in the mail today, linked it with my Playstation Rewards account, and made a $5.00 purchase on the Playstation Store.

#368 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:16 AM

^^^^^ Thanks but my GF got the codes the other day. Just have to wait until Tuesday when I buy the super slim PS3. :)

Keep in mind that you will get 3X Points if you buy any Playstation products from "authorized retailers", but you have to go to either the Sony Rewards website or call 877-718-7669 to get the Bonus Points Form...
Posted Image

#369 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Go Kings!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

If anyone is interested in trading/selling their $50 PSN code I have a 12 month XBL card/code, paypal, or amazon payment funds I am willing to offer.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#370 unforeseen

unforeseen

Crime Scene Investigator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

Got the letter explaining why I was denied this card.

"Too may Capital One cards."

I have one other that I have never had a late payment on.

That is exactly what happened to me. I only had 1 Capital One credit card too with a zero balance.

#371 purplepanda

purplepanda

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:08 PM

is it easy to cancel the card after the rewards are received , are there any fees involved for that?

#372 cagfansub

cagfansub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

Just got the cust. svcs number at SonyRewards.. the cust.svc helped me to link it. and got approved email:

"Thanks for choosing the PlayStation®Card. Once your card arrives, be sure to activate it and make your first purchase in 90 days in order to qualify for your 12 month subscription to PlayStation®Plus and $50 PlayStation®Network Code."

Now, I'll wait for the card to come in and make my first purchase.

#373 rnocerino

rnocerino

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

Do they send you two separate codes? How do they send it t you, email or regular mail? Someone that got the offer please post. Thanks.

#374 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

They send you 2 different e-mails. I got mine instantly after I claimed the rewards.

#375 Mendoza357

Mendoza357

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

So I'm I suppose to use the reward points towards the playstation plus and $50 card?

#376 chronosnes

chronosnes

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

Man, I really want to get in on this BUT I really don't need or want another credit card. I especially don't want a credit check on my report just for $100 :(

#377 Lorddraco07

Lorddraco07

aka Nirran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

They do make you wait what seems like forever for these emails. Made my first purchase on Monday and still waiting. Got plenty of emails from Capital One telling me the rewards and I've double checked to make sure my card is linked. No points on my account either from the purchases I've made.
Posted Image

#378 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

I just got my card in the mail today and I didn't look too much into the details since I plan on just linking it to my PSN account and then pretty much hiding it away. This card only has a $500 limit?? What's that crap?

#379 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

It will take a few days but they send the codes through e-mail.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check out my Gaming Stream.

#380 Lorddraco07

Lorddraco07

aka Nirran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:17 AM

I just got my card in the mail today and I didn't look too much into the details since I plan on just linking it to my PSN account and then pretty much hiding it away. This card only has a $500 limit?? What's that crap?

Depends entirely on your credit. Mine came with a 3k limit.
Posted Image

#381 offensive_jerk

offensive_jerk

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:42 AM

I used my card before linking it on Sony Rewards (forgot that step)
I have since linked it. No emails on the offer yet. Will I have to make another purchase to get the offer since I used the card before linking??

#382 offensive_jerk

offensive_jerk

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:44 AM

Depends entirely on your credit. Mine came with a 3k limit.

It will take a few days but they send the codes through e-mail.

Mine was also $3,000

#383 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

Go register your card on the Capitol One website. What you are waiting for is for your transaction to go from 'Pending' to 'Posted'. My first purchase (my cell phone bill :P) was made last Friday & my codes came through his Wednesday via e-mail.

FYI, for those who want to maximize earning Sony Rewards points should check out the CAG Sony Rewards thread .

Scanning the Sony Rewards site, it reflects 1 bonus point per $1 through Best Buy's website, a 5 bonus points per $1 on Gamestop's website & a 2 bonus points per $1 at Gamestop in-store.
Posted Image

#384 offensive_jerk

offensive_jerk

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

I used my card before linking it on Sony Rewards (forgot that step)
I have since linked it. No emails on the offer yet. Will I have to make another purchase to get the offer since I used the card before linking??

Hmmm. I just logged into the Capitol One site and then the email came.

#385 V4oLDbOY

V4oLDbOY

Vengeance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

Does anyone know how the rewards ponts work for this card? Not the PS+ and $50 offer.

I got mine a little while ago, paid my phone bill with it. Bought some stuff on PSN, used it on other purchases, but no rewards points. I just paid my first statement so do they not show up until after you've paid that month?

edit: NVM someone just pmed me and said theirs showed up a few days after their statement was posted automatically so I'll wait a few days and check again.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#386 jedolley

jedolley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

Got a question...

How is the 12 month PS+ membership redeemed?

I got approved, but am afraid the card will arrived after this months games availability ends. I'm thinking of either finding a 1 month code or do the 3 month and add the 1 year bonus afterwards. Would this work?

#387 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

Got a question...

I got approved, but am afraid the card will arrived after this months games availability ends. I'm thinking of either finding a 1 month code or do the 3 month and add the 1 year bonus afterwards. Would this work?

You do it through the Sony Rewards site. Basically, about a week after you make your first purchase, you get an e-mail telling you how to redeem it, then you go to the Sony Rewards site, check out, and get your psn code. So, yes, between the time to get the card and the week or so wait after making your first purchase, you might miss out on anything leaving the store in the next week or two.

But, yes, using a 1 month or 3 month code and then using the 1 year to extend it should work fine if there's something up there right now that you don't want to miss.

#388 iowaholdem

iowaholdem

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:21 AM

Got a question...

The PS+ code will be available digitally about 7 days after making your first purchase with the card.

Adding a 1 or 3 month subscription now will be fine as the 12 month code will extend the service by a year.

#389 jedolley

jedolley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

You do it through the Sony Rewards site. Basically, about a week after you make your first purchase, you get an e-mail telling you how to redeem it, then you go to the Sony Rewards site, check out, and get your psn code. So, yes, between the time to get the card and the week or so wait after making your first purchase, you might miss out on anything leaving the store in the next week or two.

But, yes, using a 1 month or 3 month code and then using the 1 year to extend it should work fine if there's something up there right now that you don't want to miss.

Thanks guys!

#390 marjincharge

marjincharge

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:44 AM

Got approved for $500. Very surprising. Thought I wouldn't get approved.