Photo
- - - - -

Limited-Time PlayStation Card Offer: Free 12-Mos Plus Subscription & $50 PSN Voucher

• Please log in to reply
620 replies to this topic

#391 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:55 AM

I feel like a dumbass. Followed the link , didn't know there was a difference in cards and ended up applying for a Sony one... Not playstation. Crap.
So Windwaker HD is like cocaine for my eyes.

#392 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

This offer is still active? Hell, in for one.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#393 PenguinMaster

PenguinMaster

Sacrilicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

I feel like a dumbass. Followed the link , didn't know there was a difference in cards and ended up applying for a Sony one... Not playstation. Crap.

After reading your post I realized I did the same thing. The "apply now" link took me to a page that prominently displayed the Sony card, but not the Playstation card.

Digital distribution is the death of the preservation of the arts.

Game Collection: http://backloggery.c...r=penguinmaster
Blu-ray Collection: http://www.blu-ray.c...action=overview

#394 Bluecomputerpro

Bluecomputerpro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

ill be damned got approved.. cant wait to burn a hole in this card Best Buy Rewards here i come
May the ghost of Cheap Ass past guide us on our path to CAG greatness

#395 lewchief

lewchief

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

I got approved for this today. How long did it take to get an email from capital one?

#396 shadowneko003

shadowneko003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

I got a $300 limit (cause I'm currently a student right now.) Brought some food at the store with the card last week, and I just got an email saying I got the $50 and 1 year PS+. Redemption is easy. They send you an email on how to redeem it.

I got the physical card about 1.5 weeks after I got approved (mainly cause my mailbox was damage and had to be replaced) They sent two letters, one saying I was approved and the second a few days later with the card.

#397 y2kenjination

y2kenjination

Korean Inferno

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

Okay, so its already been a week since I made my first purchase. Still haven't received an e-mail about the 1 year PS+ and $50 PSN codes. Checked my spam folder; nothing.

However, they posted 5000 points to my sonyrewards account. Should I continue to wait, or do you guys think I should give them a call?
Posted Image

#398 lewchief

lewchief

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

Did they send you an email after you were approved or did they just send a letter in the mail?

#399 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

This is a really good deal, considering it's basically free. I'm hoping I get approved. All of my income is from ebay, so I don't have a verifiable job or pay stub. We'll see if they ask for proof of income.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#400 y2kenjination

y2kenjination

Korean Inferno

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

Did they send you an email after you were approved or did they just send a letter in the mail?

Both.
Posted Image

#401 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

This is a really good deal, considering it's basically free. I'm hoping I get approved. All of my income is from ebay, so I don't have a verifiable job or pay stub. We'll see if they ask for proof of income.

They might ask for your W2 form. But as long as you're credit is good you should be fine.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#402 lewchief

lewchief

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

Damn. I got approved this morning and sti haven't gotten a thing. Its really just a comfort thing though as the card will eventually show up in the mail.

#403 Crimson Mist

Crimson Mist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

Hmmm...It looks like they are no longer offering 1 year of PS+. Too bad I missed out. :(

#404 htz

htz

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:33 AM

http://www.sonycard....gncode=NI10HPKC

Sony has restarted the offer again for those interested. Limited time offer.

#405 lectersvictim

lectersvictim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:54 AM

Awesome, Just applied and was approved!

#406 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:08 AM

Soooooo tempted to get my GF to do it Lol.

And they also upped my limit to $750 lol

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#407 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

Interested in this. Is is possible for me to just use it once and then never use it again? Cancel it after one year?

Just want to know the hidden fees involved.

#408 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

http://www.sonycard....gncode=ni10hpkc

sony has restarted the offer again for those interested. Limited time offer.

neat
WOOOO I STINK

#409 evanwink

evanwink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

Interested in this. Is is possible for me to just use it once and then never use it again? Cancel it after one year?

Just want to know the hidden fees involved.

It is a no-fee card, so you should be okay. I don't know if there is a penalty if you don't use it for over a year. I saw that on a card long ago, but I suspect it isn't normal practice, and you'd be cancelling by then anyway. The biggest (potential) problem with your plan is that you'll take a hit on your credit when you get the card and then another when you cancel. This may or may not matter to you, but thought I'd mention it.

#410 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

Might snag this for the incentives, as well as the planned purchase of the ps4, though it sucks the purchase has to go through Sony.

125365.png

#411 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

says i was CONFIRMED and linked me to the sony page but inever got an email ..maybe it takes a few hours
WOOOO I STINK

#412 sgand

sgand

Aim for the flaptop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

Approved, thanks. My first general credit card. Neato.

Also haven't received the email yet.

#413 sgand

sgand

Aim for the flaptop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

Might snag this for the incentives, as well as the planned purchase of the ps4, though it sucks the purchase has to go through Sony.

Why does it have to go through Sony? I may be reading you wrong, but from what I gather on the website, you get the same amount of bonus points (5x) if you purchase a Sony product elsewhere and mail them a form within 60 days.

#414 themightypencil

themightypencil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

ok, i sifted through through the 20 pages of stuff, and I couldnt find a direct answer already to my question so here it is for people who did this:

can i sign up for this, go buy a gallon of milk with the card, then collect 12 month ps+ and $50 psn card? will that work? or is there a minimum first purchase I'm not seeing?

#415 evanwink

evanwink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

I'm not sure why the purchase needs to go through Sony. If it is just for the bonus rewards, you can submit those purchases using a form.

#416 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

I'm not sure why the purchase needs to go through Sony. If it is just for the bonus rewards, you can submit those purchases using a form.

Sorry, guess I misread it. In that case, guess I'll sign up. :)

125365.png

#417 evanwink

evanwink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

well, I may be misunderstanding you, too. If you mean the rewards points you earn from purchasing Sony products that has a form available online (not sure if you can submit online or have to mail it in). If you mean using rewards points to buy a PS4, then yeah, you'd have to purchase through the sony rewards site.

#418 AdamTen

AdamTen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

What's the value of the points? Is it like 100 points = $1 on PSN?

Don't really think the $50 PSN credit and the $50 PS+ subscription are worth the 10-point hit to my credit from applying.

#419 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

been around 8 hours still no email
WOOOO I STINK

#420 secularsage

secularsage

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

I've had a Playstation Card for awhile now. It's a really good deal if you're interested in accruing PSN points.

You get $10 for every $1000 you spend. You can redeem it on Sony Merchandise or on Sony Entertainment Network / PSN wallet credit. You get double credit for using it towards your mobile phone bill or fast food purchases, and you get triple credit for anything you purchase from Sony.

I use my credit card for everything (even paying bills, when possible) and just pay off the balance each month. I generally have $20-30 per month in credit waiting for me. And while I didn't get the free 12-month PS+ when I signed up, I did get the $50 PSN credit. (It was a little confusing on how you had to redeem it, but it did show up).

As a result, when PSN sales come up, I generally have more than enough in my wallet to buy what I want without having to spend any extra money. Sony has had problems with people reselling their PSN vouchers, so they've put limits on how many of those cards you can buy, but you can get as many SEN cards as you want.