Photo
- - - - -

Limited-Time PlayStation Card Offer: Free 12-Mos Plus Subscription & $50 PSN Voucher

• Please log in to reply
620 replies to this topic

#31 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:21 AM

I got denied and my credit spcore is 700 something. Anyone know how much credit you need to get approve?

It's not necessarily based on your credit score. It could be that you already have other credit cards and lines of credit or a high debt to credit capacity ratio or insufficient credit history. Basically, it's all a mathematical formula that takes your income, credit lines, balances, etc...and spits out a decision based on that.

#32 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:27 AM

Thanks Susie! j/k I got the sony card with a $200 credit a couple years back. I bought a starbucks coffee and was credited 20,000 pts 2 months later. I recently got a $40 camo DS3 controller and will probably use the rest on that Sony 3d monitor. My credit sucked balls when I applied, although I had no revolving debt, but they still gave me a card.

I just got accepted for an REI card last month. It's a free $100 credit after your first purchase. I put a dollar on my Bestbuy pitch in card as my purchase!

Edited by Toss, 27 September 2012 - 12:40 AM.

...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#33 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:48 AM

Oh man that APR blows!(those apr's)

The APR is 0% until June 2013, which is excellent; afterwards, they go up to the same rate as about every other major credit card these days.

#34 Midnighthawk

Midnighthawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:53 AM

What's everyone's experience with Capitol One?

#35 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:00 AM

Damn I just signed up a month ago to get the free $50 credit. PS+ for a year would have been nice as well.

Same here.

#36 SCIENCEEE

SCIENCEEE

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:15 AM

What's everyone's experience with Capitol One?

Capital One was my first card. I've had it for about a year and a half now. I've never had any problems. Never had to contact them, so I'm not sure how that is.

#37 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:39 AM

I don't think I was denied but didn't get approved either told me to wait 3-4 days..
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PSN (US) : Tomoyo-MKII
PSN (ASIA) : Tomoyo-HK
Currently Playing : Ragnarok Odyssey, Atelier Totori Plus

#38 laseractive

laseractive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:01 AM

I was lucky enough to get approved. Guess this will be my designated PSN card. 10% back is a nice deal on top of the free 50 and year of plus.
Posted Image

#39 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:10 AM

I always gotten instant denial or instant approval.

wtf...?
Notification of approval status will be typically sent in 7 to 10 business days; however, in certain circumstances it may take up to 15 days.
PSN (US) : Tomoyo-MKII
PSN (ASIA) : Tomoyo-HK
Currently Playing : Ragnarok Odyssey, Atelier Totori Plus

#40 QuantumTunnelRat

QuantumTunnelRat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:54 AM

Free year of PS+ and $50 for PSN...no annual fee...sure...why not. I was approved. Crappy APRs but I plan on paying the balance every month anyway so who cares. This will be my dedicated PSN account card. Don't really have a need for it but they are basically giving away PS+ and $50 in PSN credit if you don't mind the hit to your credit score. I already bought my house and I don't need a car anytime soon so why not.

#41 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:26 AM

Free year of PS+ and $50 for PSN...no annual fee...sure...why not. I was approved. Crappy APRs but I plan on paying the balance every month anyway so who cares. This will be my dedicated PSN account card. Don't really have a need for it but they are basically giving away PS+ and $50 in PSN credit if you don't mind the hit to your credit score. I already bought my house and I don't need a car anytime soon so why not.

I'm in the same boat as you.....gonna use the card as my dedicated psn card. How does this cause a hit to your credit score?
Posted Image

#42 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:34 AM

I'm in the same boat as you.....gonna use the card as my dedicated psn card. How does this cause a hit to your credit score?

If you are rejected, then it's a hard inquiry mark.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#43 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:36 AM

I always gotten instant denial or instant approval.

wtf...?
Notification of approval status will be typically sent in 7 to 10 business days; however, in certain circumstances it may take up to 15 days.

You have been "checked", you might want to call them and see what's up.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#44 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:54 AM

Sadly I know so little about CC's. If I get this there is 0 yearly fees? I can use it once a month or a year and never worry about anything? I could use it just on PS Store and let it collect dust if I want?

#45 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:05 AM

I signed up and got approved, I needed a new Credit Card anyway.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#46 3GSid

3GSid

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:07 AM

Got approved myself.

And to note, I am currently a student, my credit is in the 720's, and I already have another card with capital one. Don't know if that helped, but I am guessing it didn't hurt.

#47 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:09 AM

What can the points be used for?

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#48 FlipSide

FlipSide

Made in the Philippines

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:37 AM

What can the points be used for?

Points can be used on any product in the Sony Rewards catalog at sonyrewards.com or store.sony.com.
Posted Image

#49 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:41 AM

Rejected...ouch.

#50 biggie2123

biggie2123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:00 AM

I just applied for a Capital One card yesterday. It is the exact same card except I didn't get anything free. Is there anyway I can apply this promotion to the card I will be getting?

#51 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

"I'm all for butt stuff" -Munkywawa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:17 AM

Sadly I know so little about CC's. If I get this there is 0 yearly fees? I can use it once a month or a year and never worry about anything? I could use it just on PS Store and let it collect dust if I want?

There's no annual fee for this card. People who I've talked to on here have reported nothing but good things about this card. It seems like the denial process is kind of random, but there's really very little harm in trying.

Yes, to get qualified for this card they will require a hard credit pull. But it should have a relatively small impact on your credit, and unless you're planning to finance a vehicle or house in the near future, shouldn't be a problem.

Also, go Dolphins!

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#52 Covnam

Covnam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:29 AM

For those who have it, does this card also have no foreign transaction fees? I couldn't find info about it on the site, but I was thinking of getting a capital one card for when I travel, so this would be a nice bonus.

#53 htz

htz

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:57 AM

10x points on ALL PlayStation Network purchases
($20 PSN purchase only gets you about $2 back...)
3x points on ALL PlayStation and Sony purchases at Sony stores and Sony.com
(3% back + tax on top of paying MSRP..., even the Sony card gives 5% back)
3x points at quick service restaurants, movie theaters and on your mobile phone bill
(US Bank's 5% cashback beats this.)
1x points on all other purchases

I also dislike rewards in points cause they can devalue the points at any time without adjusting the reward rate. They even wrote this in fine print on the bottom of the PS+ and $50 PSN card offer page.

The number of Sony Rewards points required for merchandise in this page is subject to change without notice.

For Example, 5,000 points gets you a $50 PSN card but if capital one feels cheap they can raise it to where you require 6,000 points to get a $50 PSN card. That is why I always go with cashback rewards card cause they need to notify you 30 days in advance if they are going to reduce the cashback rate. They don't need to do that with points cause your still getting 10X points with PSN, 3X points on Sony purchases, etc... The heads up notification with cashback cards will at least give you time to cash out now before your rewards value plummets, you can't do that with reward points.

#54 ddp72984

ddp72984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:42 AM

Yeah same boat with recently signing up with the card. I just activated it not even a week ago.

I called Sony rewards and they pretty much told me to go Fuck myself. Their best answer was to open up a second credit card to get the ps+ sub.

I feel like I'm getting penalized for not even 5 days...

#55 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:51 AM

Too bad you guys didn't sign up a couple of years ago. I think they were offering a $200 or more credit with first purchase on either this or the Sony card. I know I got a $100 credit when I signed up a year or so ago with the Sony card(which I rarely use nowadays). An actual credit as opposed to credit on a digital network is far more useful for everyday things imo.

Even better than that offer was the $500 in Amazon credit or two round trip airline tix with the annual fee credit card that was Southwest Airlines branded. But that was a while ago as well.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#56 inkcil

inkcil

I went from "Ashy to Thrifty"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:12 AM

Too bad you guys didn't sign up a couple of years ago. I think they were offering a $200 or more credit with first purchase on either this or the Sony card. I know I got a $100 credit when I signed up a year or so ago with the Sony card(which I rarely use nowadays). An actual credit as opposed to credit on a digital network is far more useful for everyday things imo.

Even better than that offer was the $500 in Amazon credit or two round trip airline tix with the annual fee credit card that was Southwest Airlines branded. But that was a while ago as well.

LOL...you ARE the cheapest!

Man, I wish I could convert my current cap 1 card to this to take advantage of the promo...no new cc's for me...

#57 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:18 AM

That I am, that I am. If not for the annual fee on the SW Airlines one I would've likely done that promotion. Although as of Sept. 1st it doesn't matter if I shop at BB or Amazon cuz in PA they both charge sales tax now.:cry:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#58 KrisMKX

KrisMKX

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:31 AM

Yeah, I signed up a few years ago when they offered $100 credit after first purchase. Used that $100 credit towards a PS3.

106889.png

#59 Tumbler360

Tumbler360

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:11 AM

Wow, this is a great deal for someone without Plus! Signing up!

#60 Braxis

Braxis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:56 AM

gamesharing is still a far better alternative.