Photo
- - - - -

Limited-Time PlayStation Card Offer: Free 12-Mos Plus Subscription & $50 PSN Voucher

• Please log in to reply
620 replies to this topic

#61 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

I always gotten instant denial or instant approval.

wtf...?
Notification of approval status will be typically sent in 7 to 10 business days; however, in certain circumstances it may take up to 15 days.

Got that too. Maybe because I bought a new car last week. Most likely a rejection but I want the card just for the PSN plus and $50 PSN credit :D

#62 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:40 PM

gamesharing is still a far better alternative.

Only problem is that Sony nerfed it down to two systems anymore, so if you have 3 or more PS3's you're SOL unless you like using 'floating slots'(aka activating and deactivating PS3 systems).

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#63 jessesixto

jessesixto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

Just a heads up. I been screw before with Capital One and other people close to me as well.

I will do anything for a good deal but with the hassles I been with Capital One I refuse to back with them

http://www.consumera...capital_one.htm

#64 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

Funny. I just signed up (and was approved) for the Sony Card this monday. Was planning on using it to re-sub to PS+, and use the $50 PSN credit for things for my Go.

Wonder if I'll still get the free year of PS+ with this card? Could I get two years for the price of one?

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#65 WalkinPneumonia

WalkinPneumonia

Professional Cheap @$$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

wtf...?
Notification of approval status will be typically sent in 7 to 10 business days; however, in certain circumstances it may take up to 15 days.

Do you use a credit monitoring service like safelock? They put a fraud alert on your accounts which would give you that kind of message.
Posted Image

#66 bkjohns1

bkjohns1

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

For you new cardholders, make sure you get your free daily 10pts by doing the Wheel of Fortune puzzle and register your Sony movies to get additional points. See these threads for more info:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=210332
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=318326
bkjohns1.pngsig.gif
My goal for 2012 was to fund my gaming habit through reward sites which still continues on into 2014. You can read about my "journey" here.

#67 Beartiger

Beartiger

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:37 PM

For you new cardholders, make sure you get your free daily 10pts by doing the Wheel of Fortune puzzle and register your Sony movies to get additional points. See these threads for more info:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=210332
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=318326

I just applied for a PlayStation card and am waiting for it to come in the mail. Do I need a Sony card too?

#68 gunstar808

gunstar808

Capitalism, Ho!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:33 PM

I was denied even though I have perfect credit, thousands in my checking account and no rent. I guess because I'm technically a student I was denied. Only reason I can think off since my yearly salary isn't that high and I chose student as employment.

Proving income is pretty significant for credit applications. After all, they want to know you can pay it back. Credit reports don't show money in the bank, though for credit purposes it isn't super significant anyways.

wtf...?

That's not super weird actually. Application was probably sent for further review. As in, a human will have to actually look at it. Its probably borderline for their criteria, but if you entered additional information on the app that can sometimes be taken into consideration.

Hope that helps. Also, I'm personally not a fan of Capitol One - caveat emptor.

#69 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:59 PM

If it was any other company I'd probably do it.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#70 xcefkevin

xcefkevin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:16 AM

Just got approved, thanks for letting me know about the offer. Probably won't use it much, but it will be nice to have a card strictly for PSN purchases.

#71 Statix

Statix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:44 AM

*Sigh,* I've been denied, just like I've been denied for every other credit card I've applied to. To this date, I've never had a credit card to my name. WTF is this BS?

#72 gunstar808

gunstar808

Capitalism, Ho!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:10 AM

*Sigh,* I've been denied, just like I've been denied for every other credit card I've applied to. To this date, I've never had a credit card to my name. WTF is this BS?

You should pull your credit report to make sure everything is ok. You can do it once a year for free, just don't buy into any of the monitoring services or offers for your credit score.

If everything looks ok and you have been repeatedly denied, I would recommend doing a secured credit card. You could get something as low as $300, try to find one without an annual fee (not sure if this is possible). If you maintain that for a year or so that should help get your credit up and hopefully transition to a traditional card.

Hope that helps.

#73 Firecrest

Firecrest

BOOMSHALAKALAKA!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:12 AM

I haven't tried with this promotion, but I'm on the same boat as you. I have no credit and what I've been told is that you can start building credit by either applying for a joint credit card with someone who has established credit, seek assistance from a credit union w/ something like a secured card, or try applying for a store credit card, like American Eagle.

Sucks, because I can use the PS+ time too.

fs_overall.png

#74 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:30 AM

Got approved. This is strictly my PSN card.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#75 jimmywolf

jimmywolf

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:35 AM

Got approved but opt out online banking, thought would still get email with any account info mit needed. so far nothing, was wondering if i have a account? or i have to wait for card now an do online banking to get a account. i tried my username pass that was on online banking page, but it keep saying invalid will lock you out if you keep trying so i stopped

#76 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:37 AM

Got approved but opt out online banking, thought would still get email with any account info mit needed. so far nothing, was wondering if i have a account? or i have to wait for card now an do online banking to get a account. i tried my username pass that was on online banking page, but it keep saying invalid will lock you out if you keep trying so i stopped

Seems you have to wait for the card to do anything.

How do we get the free year? and $50 voucher?

Is it in the envelope when we get the card?

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#77 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:37 AM

Got in, hell yeah.

Gonna get my rewards and pay it off. Pimpin'. Only using it for PSN also.

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#78 KingofGames

KingofGames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:46 AM

Awesome, thanks for posting this. Just got approved, looking forward to having Playstation+ for the first time. I love the rewards system.

Posted Image

#79 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:47 AM

cool I am in will probably use it for PSN purchases only :)

Kamagii.png

#80 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:48 AM

I got the card when it was only a $50 PSN promotion. I bought a game on PSN for $7.xx and got the email for the promotion code.

Paid the card off and haven't used it again. I don't have much use for a PSN/Sony credit card, since I always stock up on PSN Network cards when Target and Toys R Us have them on sale.

I may have my wife get the card, so I can get another year of PS+ and another $50 PSN cash.

#81 jimmywolf

jimmywolf

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:55 AM

thanks for the reply ill post again when i get/use my card

#82 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:05 AM

Once I used my card, a week or so later I got an email stating I had qualified for the promotion and to go to the website to redeem. The whole process is convoluted, and I would never had figured it out without explicitly following the email instructions. Logging into the site provided NO evidence of the promotion.

Email title: Congratulations, you have qualified for your bonus from PlayStation®Card

Email contents:

Dear XXXXXX,
Congratulations. You have qualified for your $50 PlayStation®Network Code.

For EXISTING Sony Rewards members

If you are an existing Sony Rewards member and you haven't linked your PlayStation®Card to your Sony Rewards account, follow the steps below to redeem your $50 PlayStation®Network Code*.
Under the My Account tab, click the Sony Card/PlayStation®Card link.
Click the "Already A Cardmember?" banner on the right to link your card account to Sony Rewards. Linking your account will give you access to exclusive cardmember benefits with Sony Rewards, such as more catalog items at better prices than non-cardmembers.
Browse Rewards for the PlayStation®Network category under PLAY.
Click and add the $50 PlayStation®Network Code to your cart and proceed to checkout.
After completing your order, your $50 PlayStation®Network Code will be sent via email or it can be accessed within the My Orders section of your Sony Rewards My Account tab.

To create your NEW Sony Rewards member account

If you are new to the Sony Rewards program, follow the steps below to create an account, link your PlayStation®Card to your Sony Rewards account, and redeem your $50 PlayStation®Network Code*.
Create a Sony Rewards account here.
At the end of account creation, click the "HAVE A SONY CARD? LINK IT TO SONY REWARDS!" button to link your PlayStation®Card to your Sony Rewards account. Linking your account will give you access to exclusive cardmember benefits with Sony Rewards, such as more catalog items at better prices than non-cardmembers.
Browse Rewards for the PlayStation®Network category under PLAY.
Click and add the $50 PlayStation®Network Code to your cart and proceed to checkout.
After completing your order, your $50 PlayStation®Network Code will be sent via email or it can be accessed within the My Orders section of your Sony Rewards My Account tab.
Thank you,

Sony Rewards Customer Service Team
sonyrewards.com

#83 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:13 AM

The same with the Free PS+ year?

518793.png

#84 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:20 AM

hmm i may be interested!
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#85 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:32 AM

The same with the Free PS+ year?

I assume so, but I got the card before that promotion was active.

#86 Midboss

Midboss

The Dark Adonis

• CAG Veteran

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:13 AM

Flix1, I can see that you got the email for your $50 PSN card within a week. Did you get a PSN code for that immediately, or was there a delay on that as well? If so, how long?

I'm asking because I just signed up yesterday, and am hoping I'll be able to get it soon enough to take advantage of the October bonus of $20 in the PSN wallet when you spend $100, without having to actually spend $100.

#87 lllGurulll

lllGurulll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:30 AM

Meh, I like the offer from Airtran better. 2 roundtrip flights after spending $2000 over 3 months.
PSWii60 FTW!!!

#88 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:06 AM

I'm hoping by the time the card gets here next week I'll still be able to take advantage of the free year of Plus. Was planning on using the card just to buy Plus anyway.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#89 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

nothing to lose
applied, will be great for PSN purchases, not sure will use anywhere else though

Pay your phone bill and use it at movies or restaurants (credit limit depending), as long as you pay the bill off in full every month the points are nice, also though if you make sure you don't rack the card up to full every month... though I guess if you have other cards to make your credit look good, i'm not sure if a rewards card would mess that one up.

#90 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

Oh man that APR blows!(those apr's)

hmm, well as long as you plan on paying it off before interest happens, no need to worry. Also when I signed up to start I got given a $500 limit (i guess you can get somewhere of 200/300 up to like 20 grand...), and it is no interest for a year (what they don't tell you is if you don't at least make the minimum payment or a late payment you lose that deal, not completely sure, but if you pay your bill on time you won't have to worry, but worst case scenario it is nice to have).