Photo
- - - - -

Limited-Time PlayStation Card Offer: Free 12-Mos Plus Subscription & $50 PSN Voucher

• Please log in to reply
620 replies to this topic

#91 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:27 PM

hmm, well as long as you plan on paying it off before interest happens, no need to worry. Also when I signed up to start I got given a $500 limit (i guess you can get somewhere of 200/300 up to like 20 grand...), and it is no interest for a year (what they don't tell you is if you don't at least make the minimum payment or a late payment you lose that deal, not completely sure, but if you pay your bill on time you won't have to worry, but worst case scenario it is nice to have).

Don't forget. If you miss a payment (even if it's the final payment on your purchase), they will retroactively apply interest to your purchase from the very beginning.
Posted Image

#92 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

Thanks, will look into this further, APR isn't really a concern for me, but I really need to read this carefully to make sure there is no hidden fees.

I don't believe there are any hidden fees, I have this card and it seems like it has been good to me so far.

#93 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

I was denied even though I have perfect credit, thousands in my checking account and no rent. I guess because I'm technically a student I was denied. Only reason I can think off since my yearly salary isn't that high and I chose student as employment.

Maybe I'll have my gf sign up since she has a much better chance of being approved since she is employed full time.

I'd like to get this since I've been getting a lot of stuff of PSN via gameshares.

Anyone know how long it takes to get the card once you're approved?

-I'm not sure it would be a salary thing, I made somewhere between $15,000-$20,000 depending on the year, I'm part-time, would go full if optional. Making $8.80/hr * 32-40 hours. Though I did just recently get a car loan, so maybe they were able to see that, and i had a capital one card before I worked to cancel cause it was a $29 fee for the year & $50 security deposit (I got that back), $200 limit, but it was the only one that approved me, I think cause our US gov't tightening down on the stuff for us younger people, I'm 22. Then I signed up for one though my local bank ($500 limit, no yearly fee), offered me 10% cash back (gas, grocery, Rx store purchases) first 90 days, was able to achieve the $50 threshold in that time, now it's only 1% cash back on everything and I'm at $25, need to double that to get paid out, that will take forever... then came the car loan & psn card. I want to say I have average to great credit from making on time payments, years back i thought having a cell phone bill was supposed to help (signed my 3rd 2 yr contract with Sprint... ), turns out they pretty much only report it if you don't pay for a while to the point that they shut it off... I typically never get offers in the mail except with ridiculous fees (first premier bank... haha...garbage) or they don't include the middle initial as me and my dad have the same name (almost).

-would your gf really sign up for you? what if the worst happens? now she has a card she doesn't want... unless you are dedicated to paying it off on time, then in that case I guess it would help her credit out, would be nice if it was boosting yours though.

#94 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

Perfect credit as in NO credit? Having no credit is just as bad as having bad credit. Coupled with the fact that you don't have a job.

That's how I was until now... it pissed me off so much, cause a good amount of the country seems to have taken their right to have a card and sent it down the drain with the bad credit they caused.... and as bad as it sounds it seems like our parents, etc...are the reason we can't sometimes get approved, or get approved at higher rates cause they can't "trust" us... How are newer people supposed to start if not given a chance? Then you have friends that get sent offers and you don't and it's just kind of sad sometimes, maybe random selection. When I got my car loan I was hoping i could get a pretty low rate (i did put $4,000 down and through Ally Bank.... other banks weren't approving me, later on getting the "limited" credit letters in the mail) but I have 8% and also only cause I'm in a bi-weekly auto pay program. if it was 2% I could almost drive anything I want (within reason), but it's hard when it tacks on more interest...I hope to refinance when I can, if that helps?

#95 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:52 PM

My score was 687 pre-application. (Hey, I'm a student, cut me some slack. Never a late payment!.) Approved!

Great timing since I have the AC3 Liberation Chrystal White Vita pre ordered. Will get it October 30th with PS+ for Vita starting november.

Great news, mine is somewhere between the 600-700 something range as well. it depends where they pull your report from though I heard, so the number as a whole doesn't matter, depends which of the big three it's from to determine the "good" ranges.

#96 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:58 PM

hmm so do you just need to make one purchase with the card like a psn game or do you have to spend a couple hundred to get the perks?

one purchase, and i'm honestly not sure if it depends on what. Also not sure if it shows right away, if you get approved, in the capital one login there is a rewards link, and i think once a month they send your rewards total over to the sony redemtion site, and you don't just get the $50 I believe, i was credited 5,000 points (equal to $50 for sony/ps, but it takes around 6,000-6,500 for the same denomination cards elsewhere, i.e. TGI Fridays, etc...) then i earned a quick 2,000 points.. phone bill payments, even using it at subway or where ever else is a part of it, the 3x points earning. so i redeemed 2,000 for jax and dexter hd collection (it's kind of sad though, they even charge the tax in points... :/ but that's sony's fault not Cap 1). I'd love a free vita but it's 25,000 points... so I'd say it's maybe 100 points per dollar? i'm not sure, that doesn't seem right. i don't think you earn that on each dollar charged, but that's how they figure out the reward system, 2,000 points=$20.

#97 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:05 PM

Damn I just signed up a month ago to get the free $50 credit. PS+ for a year would have been nice as well.

Same here.

Any chance we can get the PSN plus out of C1 some how? Idk how good they are with that, I only had the PSN plus for the 30 days during the outage. are you able to use the 30 day free trial things that come with the systems if you were to get it off of someone? or are those new members only? I always wondered about that.

#98 WalkinPneumonia

WalkinPneumonia

Professional Cheap @$$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

Generally it's only for new members. You can call, but I would bet they won't give it to you.
Posted Image

#99 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

I signed up. It's a good deal imo, plus I needed to improve my credit score anyhow. I really don't understand what bs method they use for determining it.

My credit took a huge hit because my first every CC account was closed on me. In 7 years, I had only been late with payments 3 times ever, but all in the same year. I had the money, but I was working in South Korea and it was very difficult to get to the bank due to my work hours eclipsing the bank hours. And they made mob fees of 25% interest each time, plus possible other late fees or something (which isn't the 25% the late fee? confused). Anyhow, I didn't miss a payment for a good year after that, but they still shut my card down on me without explanation given to me.

Glad to be a PS Plus member though. Sony may not be perfect, but they have tried to provide a decent online service. I still don't see what makes Xbox Live so superior, but don't really want to get into that or start some flame war. I love both systems.

Thanks OP for the post.
Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#100 b4mv

b4mv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:50 PM

I was just approved for the card.
I don't plan on ever using the card.

#101 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

I was just approved for the card.
I don't plan on ever using the card.

You have to use it once to qualify for the promotion.

#102 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

Flix1, I can see that you got the email for your $50 PSN card within a week. Did you get a PSN code for that immediately, or was there a delay on that as well? If so, how long?

I'm asking because I just signed up yesterday, and am hoping I'll be able to get it soon enough to take advantage of the October bonus of $20 in the PSN wallet when you spend $100, without having to actually spend $100.

You get the PSN code immediately after going through the process on the Sony Rewards site.

#103 b4mv

b4mv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

You have to use it once to qualify for the promotion.

I'll buy something on PSN and then pay it off real quick then. :]

#104 Midboss

Midboss

The Dark Adonis

• CAG Veteran

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

You get the PSN code immediately after going through the process on the Sony Rewards site.

Cool, thank you sir!

#105 iowaholdem

iowaholdem

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:48 AM

Didn't really need it, but with all the Vita games this fall and my PS+ ending in December, I thought this was incentive enough. Approved for a $15K limit at 0/13.9%.

This will be my second Capital One card (the other only has a $7K limit) along with my online banking and auto loan from the company. Good, competitive products and rewards. Thumbs up here.

#106 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:53 AM

Denied

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#107 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:14 AM

I got denied and know next to nothing about credit cards but couldn't I just lie horribly, get the card get the reward then slice the card in half?

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#108 ruibing

ruibing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:42 AM

Approved with credit rating of 780. The APR is 16.9%, about the same as my other cards. I make enough purchases from the PSN to ensure I will always be utilizing this card. I'm also going to move my phone bill to this card.

Edited by ruibing, 29 September 2012 - 02:44 AM.
APR

Posted Image

#109 canedaddy

canedaddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:47 AM

I was denied despite having a good credit score (800+, I know this because I bought a car last week). Not sure what was going on there but it's disappointing.
Posted Image

#110 iowaholdem

iowaholdem

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:19 AM

I got denied and know next to nothing about credit cards but couldn't I just lie horribly, get the card get the reward then slice the card in half?

You sure could try if credit card fraud is your thing. Likely you still wouldn't be approved because they check your SSN.

#111 SCIENCEEE

SCIENCEEE

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:30 AM

A lot of cards keep you from applying more than once in a six month period AFAIK. Or it at least hurts your chances even more.

#112 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:57 AM

You sure could try if credit card fraud is your thing. Likely you still wouldn't be approved because they check your SSN.

Like I said no idea. Needed to see what was what.

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#113 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:18 AM

almost 10,000 views on this thread

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#114 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:40 AM

I'm just going to leave this here...

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=318326

(this will prove very useful to anyone who has a PlayStation credit card)

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#115 SolidMGSnake

SolidMGSnake

Big CAG Boss

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:26 AM

I got approved, but w/ a $300 credit limit. Really? Great offer to take advantage of at least.

#116 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:08 AM

I'm just going to leave this here...

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=318326

(this will prove very useful to anyone who has a PlayStation credit card)

Thanks this will come in use once the card comes.

My GF doesn't really need another visa card, but with the offers and the 10x bonus on PSN purchases it will come in handy for the PSN gameshares I host.

So to clarify, once you qualify and set up your online account. You get the card, use it once, then you get emailed the two codes?

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#117 dan77733

dan77733

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:23 AM

A few questions -

1) If my girlfriend (has better credit) applies for the card and gets approved, can I get the PSN+ and $50 code on my PSN account?

2) Is there a minimum on the amount of the first purchase in order to get PSN+ free and the $50 code?

3) If approved, how long does it take to get the credit card in the mail?

Thanks.

#118 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:31 AM

A few questions -

1) If my girlfriend (has better credit) applies for the card and gets approved, can I get the PSN+ and $50 code on my PSN account?

2) Is there a minimum on the amount of the first purchase in order to get PSN+ free and the $50 code?

3) If approved, how long does it take to get the credit card in the mail?

Thanks.

1) I did this as my gf doesn't have better credit, but does have a higher annual income since I'm a student. She was approved, I was not even though my credit rating is higher. They're codes so I see no issue with this.
2) I'd like to know this as well if there is a limit
3) Online it says 7-10 days I think, or maybe 3-7, but I usually get CCs in the mail faster when I've gotten new ones in the past.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#119 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

denied as well...
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#120 Jommy

Jommy

Cool Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

Anyone here that had the original Sony Card try to apply for this? I'm wondering if they would give me a Playstation card after already having the Cap One Sony card.