Photo
- - - - -

Limited-Time PlayStation Card Offer: Free 12-Mos Plus Subscription & $50 PSN Voucher

• Please log in to reply
620 replies to this topic

#181 laseractive

laseractive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

Mine was too, glad I'm not the only one. Considering I used different email addresses for Capitol One and Sony Rewards, I have no idea how they were able to link it. Maybe name and birthdate was enough.

Mine was already linked as well. Weird. I added $10 to my wallet on PSN. This is enough to get the credit correct?
Posted Image

#182 jasnmb

jasnmb

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:33 AM

mine was already linked too. It was probably auto linked after the credit card was approved, and then in the same browser session you signed up for a Sony rewards account.

#183 mcizzles

mcizzles

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:03 AM

anyone know if you can get a different card style without playstation all over it.

#184 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

OK I got the card, linked it to my sony rewards account. I will buy something today and use the card.

Is there anything I need to do? Or will I get the two codes in my email? Which email, the sony rewards one or the one I used for the capital one account?

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#185 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

I don't like having another line of credit but the common thought is that if you have extra, open, unused lines of credit it's generally not bad for your credit, right?

I will probably input this into the PS3 and use it for the cell phone bill because of the bonus points on those two types of purchases and that's it, pay it off every month.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#186 SCIENCEEE

SCIENCEEE

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:42 AM

Just received my email to redeem the year of PS+ and $50. Thanks OP!

#187 TemplePilot

TemplePilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:04 AM

So I applied and was instantly approved, they're sending the card.

What do I need to do from here to get my codes? Is it something that'll be with the documentation when they send me the card?
Posted Image

#188 jasnmb

jasnmb

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

when did you make your first purchase? I made mine on Friday and am still waiting.

#189 Dirty

Dirty

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

Okay, I got the card yesterday and made my purchase (added $5 to my PSN wallet). Then later on, I remembered that I forgot to setup and link a Sony Rewards account. Did that this morning, and added another $5, just in case the purchase had to be made post-link. Now it's the waiting game. I'll post again as soon as I get the e-mail (since I know one of the top questions is "How long is the wait?").

#190 sjc1279

sjc1279

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

I just got my code. Thanks

#191 WalkinPneumonia

WalkinPneumonia

Professional Cheap @$$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

Mine came in yesterday, and made my first purchase. My card was also already linked.
Posted Image

#192 xcefkevin

xcefkevin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

Just received my email as well. Very surprised at how quickly this whole process took. Great job by Capital One/Sony.

#193 ruibing

ruibing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

I made my first purchase (of a PSM game) on October 3rd, I got an email on how to redeem the year of PS+ and $50 this morning.

After going to the reward site and adding those two items to my cart then checking out, I received the e-codes in my email instantly.

Edited by ruibing, 07 October 2012 - 02:40 PM.
e-code

Posted Image

#194 AzGoat

AzGoat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

hey guys need some help here with the card. I received my card and set up a sony rewards account yesterday and i though i linked it with my credit card. Made my first purchase late last night and went to check it on sonyrewards.com and nothing showed up but my purchased showed up on the captial one web site. So what am I doing wrong?

#195 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

How can you tell if your card is linked?

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#196 xcefkevin

xcefkevin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

hey guys need some help here with the card. I received my card and set up a sony rewards account yesterday and i though i linked it with my credit card. Made my first purchase late last night and went to check it on sonyrewards.com and nothing showed up but my purchased showed up on the captial one web site. So what am I doing wrong?

Try adding the 1 year PSN and $50 PSN to your cart. The same thing happened to me where I made a purchase but it didn't show up on the Sony Rewards site. However when I added those 2 items to the card and then went to checkout it said I had to pay 0 points to get both items.

#197 DoubleEcksZero

DoubleEcksZero

Evil Prevails!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

I got the email today saying I am eligible for a reward. Did it, and got the codes instantly.

#198 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

Niiice. Got my $50 and one year PSN plus. Made my first purchase two days ago.

#199 mfdoom

mfdoom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

sony rewards does not mention the ps plus just the 50 dollars. waiting for my card so i can link my account.

#200 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

"I'm all for butt stuff" -Munkywawa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:54 AM

Nice to hear people getting their codes so quickly. Hope I get mine early next week, I made my first purchase Friday night.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#201 TheWesker

TheWesker

$$$$$ Cheep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:52 AM

Not a bad turnaround! Made my first purchase (a few dollars at Target) on Friday and got my email notification today.

If you have made a purchase, go ahead and see if you have it. Add the necessary cards to the cart. If they show up as being discounted to 0 points, you're good!

#202 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:13 AM

I received a rejection notice in the mail stating that my application was not considered because I already have a Capitol One account (Sony Card). I will be closing that account off tomorrow since I just finally paid it in full and will be applying for the Playstation Card yet again. At least they did not run it with my credit report the first time, so no worries there. *crosses fingers*
Posted Image

#203 Lei

Lei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:19 AM

i would get this if i didn't already have a capital one card... really the last thing i need is another credit card :drool:

#204 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

I have no credit. I was hoping this would be how I started but seemingly no.

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#205 koebner

koebner

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

Got my card Friday, made a couple of PSN purchases, and got my codes this morning.
Posted Image

#206 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

Got my codes this morning as well.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#207 Derextreme

Derextreme

Do you even Sony?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

i made my first purchase friday night, and got my codes this morning.

#208 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

This thing is stupid. Denied with perfect credit.

#209 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

This thing is stupid. Denied with perfect credit.

Same here. It is suspected they want higher risk customers who will end up paying their crazy interest and fees so they don't lose money on the perks they give out.
-----------
My half.com store - click me

Sorcery, Dungeon Siege III, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce & more...

#210 Jdub_smooth

Jdub_smooth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

Weird problem...Got the card fine...registered it fine...I can not register with Sony Rewards however. I tried and tried and the confirmation email NEVER gets sent to my inbox. And yes I checked the spam folder.