Photo
- - - - -

Limited-Time PlayStation Card Offer: Free 12-Mos Plus Subscription & $50 PSN Voucher

• Please log in to reply
620 replies to this topic

#211 WalkinPneumonia

WalkinPneumonia

Professional Cheap @$$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

Weird problem...Got the card fine...registered it fine...I can not register with Sony Rewards however. I tried and tried and the confirmation email NEVER gets sent to my inbox. And yes I checked the spam folder.

I had this problem too. I eventually got the email. I think it took an hour or two.
Posted Image

#212 cagfansub

cagfansub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

I received a rejection notice in the mail stating that my application was not considered because I already have a Capitol One account (Sony Card). I will be closing that account off tomorrow since I just finally paid it in full and will be applying for the Playstation Card yet again. At least they did not run it with my credit report the first time, so no worries there. *crosses fingers*

I think even if you cancel the Sony/Capitol One, they'll run a credit check on you anyway.

#213 Jdub_smooth

Jdub_smooth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

I had this problem too. I eventually got the email. I think it took an hour or two.

See I figured that would be the case. But I waited 24 hours and still didnt get it. UGH...have to call customer service I guess...

#214 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

I was just approved- how long does it normally take to get card in the mail? Will I have enough time to use it, get the 50 dollar credit in time to make October purchases?

#215 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

See I figured that would be the case. But I waited 24 hours and still didnt get it. UGH...have to call customer service I guess...

It will take a few days, be patient. Mine didn't come right away.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#216 sikct9a

sikct9a

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

Just got approved. I went ahead and made an account at sonyrewards but for some reason I still haven't received my confirmation email.

#217 b4mv

b4mv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

I didn't have the confirmation email until the following morning. be patient, it'll come. I made my purchase with the card today (lunch at subway lol) Wonder how long it'll take for my email.

#218 jimmywolf

jimmywolf

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

took 3 days after i bought something for it too show up for me got email saying add the 12 months card an $ 50 card too cart an checkout both were free an got 2 emails for the codes after that

#219 koebner

koebner

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

Same here. It is suspected they want higher risk customers who will end up paying their crazy interest and fees so they don't lose money on the perks they give out.

I am old and have a metric poop-ton of good credit. Never been denied anything,own home,cars, etc.
If you don't qualify for this card and its' tiny credit limits you may need to re-check your credit reports.
Posted Image

#220 KrisMKX

KrisMKX

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

Do u have to link it to Sony Rewards site to have the codes emailed after purchase? Or will they email them either way?!

106889.png

#221 laseractive

laseractive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

took 3 days after i bought something for it too show up for me got email saying add the 12 months card an $ 50 card too cart an checkout both were free an got 2 emails for the codes after that

Same for me. Very fast rewards. I couldn't be happier.
Posted Image

#222 sikct9a

sikct9a

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

I didn't have the confirmation email until the following morning. be patient, it'll come. I made my purchase with the card today (lunch at subway lol) Wonder how long it'll take for my email.

Awesome!

#223 mfdoom

mfdoom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:08 AM

so the process is super easy. link account, buy item, wait for email to redeem at sony rewards checkout, then receive email with two codes.

#224 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:43 AM

I did a purchase last friday on PSN. No email voucher yet. :sad:

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#225 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:49 AM

Who would i contact to inquire about my voucher? Sony Rewards?

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#226 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

"I'm all for butt stuff" -Munkywawa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

Patience.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#227 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

How long do we have to redeem the PSN for a year? I ask because I'm also going to buy the Super Slim PS3 with a month of PSN access. I'd like to get my 13 total months. I received my card a few days ago, but I didn't activate it yet. Going to do that sometime this week.
Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#228 vtalon

vtalon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:03 AM

Just got denied, not sure why.

#229 PhantomSauce

PhantomSauce

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:20 AM

I got my card last Thursday. Tried to link it to Sony Rewards and it said it was already linked. Bought something Friday with it and I'm waiting on the e-mail for the promotion. Hopefully tomorrow.

#230 fuze9

fuze9

piddle patrol, assemble!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:33 AM

Strangely enough, I submitted my application around the middle of last week and still haven't gotten a response - either approved or denied. Should I be on the lookout for an e-mail? Try again?

#231 KingofGames

KingofGames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

I made a purchase at a restaurant on Friday. The charge shows up on my Capital One account, but I do not have any rewards points at Sony Rewards. Does the purchase need to be through the Playstation Network to qualify for the promo?

Posted Image

#232 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

"I'm all for butt stuff" -Munkywawa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

I made a purchase at a restaurant on Friday. The charge shows up on my Capital One account, but I do not have any rewards points at Sony Rewards. Does the purchase need to be through the Playstation Network to qualify for the promo?

No. I made a purchase through PSN on Friday night and it's on my Capitol One account but no points on my Sony Rewards site either. I'm gonna give them at least a few more days tho.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#233 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

I remember a few years back when they had the $200 bonus. That was how i got my PS3.

I'm late to the thread so not sure if it's been mentioned. For the folks who now have the sony rewards card, you can register bluray disc codes and get monthly points (up to 3 discs a month). A list can be found on SD.

#234 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

I remember a few years back when they had the $200 bonus. That was how i got my PS3.

I'm late to the thread so not sure if it's been mentioned. For the folks who now have the sony rewards card, you can register bluray disc codes and get monthly points (up to 3 discs a month). A list can be found on SD.

I've done 2 discs/day for the past few days.

Still waiting on my e-mail too, but since I made my purchase Saturday, and yesterday was a bank holiday, I figure I should get the e-mail by tomorrow.

#235 kraftwerks

kraftwerks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

I've been waiting since Friday to receive my Sony Rewards confirmation email.
I see many people saying "patience is a virtue", but jeez. It's not like these are hand written and sent by pigeon. It shouldn't take so long to send me a link so that I can confirm my darned email address.
Sorry for the language.
Annoyed!

#236 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

did anyone get the 50 GC, 1 year PS+ and 5000 bonus points? on the sony rewards site there is an offer for getting a bonus 5000 points for getting a sony ps card

#237 iowaholdem

iowaholdem

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:11 AM

Got my card in the mail today and added $5 to my PSN. Looking for the $50 PSN ahead of the 10/30 releases!

Also, anyone approved want to compare terms? For curiosity's sake:

Limit: $15,000
Rate: 0% then 13.89%
Credit score: 743 by TransUniom
Existing CapOne account(s): Yes, credit card, online savings account, auto loan

#238 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:19 AM

Anyone else have issues getting a SonyRewards confirmation e-mail? I set up my account earlier today, but am still waiting for ANY e-mail from them to validate my e-mail address so I can complete my account. Very frustrating - never had this problem before, not sure why I'm not getting anything from them now. And I mean NOTHING. And yes, I've checked my trash and my Spam folders, and they're both void of anything from Sony.

Very frustrating, as I'd love to take advantage of this - I know I'll be purchasing some stuff on the PSN here in the near future, and would love to get $50 back for it.

#239 sikct9a

sikct9a

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:29 AM

Anyone else have issues getting a SonyRewards confirmation e-mail? I set up my account earlier today, but am still waiting for ANY e-mail from them to validate my e-mail address so I can complete my account. Very frustrating - never had this problem before, not sure why I'm not getting anything from them now. And I mean NOTHING. And yes, I've checked my trash and my Spam folders, and they're both void of anything from Sony.

Very frustrating, as I'd love to take advantage of this - I know I'll be purchasing some stuff on the PSN here in the near future, and would love to get $50 back for it.

I'm still waiting for the same sonyrewards confirmation email. It's been almost two days.

#240 exopuppy

exopuppy

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:30 AM

So apparently I accidentally applied twice. And was approved twice. And today received two different cards in the mail. Is there any reason I couldn't link them to the same rewards account, make a purchase with each, and get the bonuses twice?