Photo
- - - - -

Limited-Time PlayStation Card Offer: Free 12-Mos Plus Subscription & $50 PSN Voucher

• Please log in to reply
620 replies to this topic

#241 GundNataku

GundNataku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:13 AM

Anyone else have issues getting a SonyRewards confirmation e-mail? I set up my account earlier today, but am still waiting for ANY e-mail from them to validate my e-mail address so I can complete my account. Very frustrating - never had this problem before, not sure why I'm not getting anything from them now. And I mean NOTHING. And yes, I've checked my trash and my Spam folders, and they're both void of anything from Sony.

Very frustrating, as I'd love to take advantage of this - I know I'll be purchasing some stuff on the PSN here in the near future, and would love to get $50 back for it.

I was using Firefox when I first sent a request to validate my email address. It didn't work. I kept getting an error message. So I tried Google Chrome. I requested they resend my validation email and I received it almost instantly.

#242 Dirty

Dirty

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

I didn't get any error messages for the confirmation e-mail. The site would say it was sent, but nothing would show up in my inbox. I just kept clicking resend every once in a while, and it eventually showed up.

I guess two business days is about right, because I got my e-mail about the bonus this morning.

Too bad the Rewards site is down.

#243 iowaholdem

iowaholdem

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

FYI if you watch Wheel of Fortune, you can get 10 points daily by entering the bonus puzzle solution online at Sony Rewards. The puzzle for last night (enter today) is The Big Picture.

Posted Image

#244 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

FYI if you watch Wheel of Fortune, you can get 10 points daily by entering the bonus puzzle solution online at Sony Rewards. The puzzle for last night (enter today) is The Big Picture.

wahh, I thought they took wheel of fortune puzzles out long ago, along with jeopardy. haha I'm so out of it. Do we still get points for updating wishlist monthly?

#245 Dirty

Dirty

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

Weird, so it wasn't that the site was down, it's just not playing nice with Chrome all of a sudden. Tried accessing the site with Firefox and it worked.

#246 WalkinPneumonia

WalkinPneumonia

Professional Cheap @$$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

I got my codes. I think I'll use it to pick up AC III.
Posted Image

#247 TopsideKracker

TopsideKracker

...doomy doomy doomy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

Yeah, I'm having email issues too. I was frustrated at first, but then I tried sending a message through the "contact us" link and was told I don't have permission to view that page. Now I can't help but laugh.

I'll try a different browser like some of you have and see what happens.

#248 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

Well, managed to FINALLY, after screwing around with FF, IE AND Chrome, managed to get my account verified. Got my application approved. Now just waiting on the card.

Hope I don't regret this. I suspect I'll use it a few times, and then forget about it entirely. Or just cancel it after a few months.

#249 Magewildman

Magewildman

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

Not a bad deal! I always pay off any balance before interest hits anyway, so the APR doesn't effect me. Thanks for posting this.
:bouncy:

#250 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

Made my first purchase this past Saturday (10/6), and my codes were both email over to me today. Couldn't have been easier. Use the PSN credit to buy New Little Kings Story (Vita) and 2/3 of Retro City Rampage.

So glad my wife got approved for one, too :-)

#251 ps2emotions

ps2emotions

8 bit heaven

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

I just activated my card last night and added $5 to my psn wallet. Also when trying to link to sony rewards it said it already was linked. I'm thinking about added $10 to my wallet and getting retro city rampage and using the $50 psn on an additional year of playstation + but I'm not sure yet. I'd like to have borderlands 2 as well but I know it's not on psn and don't know if it will be.

#252 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

25-Star General of the PSNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

Spent money on PSN on Friday night, got my rewards today at 1:30AM in my junk email folder. Woohoo!

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (9/25/14): Don't Tell Me What to Do, Pharm!

#253 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

Got my $50 PSN voucher today, but not my year of plus. Working with customer service to make sure I get both.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#254 Sindur

Sindur

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:56 AM

so made my first purchase on 9/28, linked cc to sony rewards account prior to that, and no email or discount when I place either item in my cart.

probably should contact them do you think? probably sony rewards I would think

#255 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:35 AM

^At this point, ya I'd contact them. Definitely contact Sony Rewards. Also check your junk/spam folder, that's where mine was.

#256 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:44 AM

Got a letter saying I'm approved. Waiting for the card to come now.

#257 jmillion

jmillion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:02 AM

sounds like good deal
Posted Image

#258 KrisMKX

KrisMKX

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:39 AM

Got my codes. Plus is good till Dec 2013 (if the world doesn't end) And pre-ordered DOOM 3 BFG for $35.99. Got $14 left over for.....

106889.png

#259 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:29 PM

I got my card and attempted to link it on Tuesday, but it said it was already linked. Called CS and she said it was linked. Made a purchase and today I receive an email saying:

Thank you for using your new PlayStation®Card from Capital One®.
The more you use it, the more points you’ll rack up! blach blah If you haven't already linked your card etc.

Wondering if I should contact them again..

#260 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

really hoping this counts as 100$ so I get the extra 20 this would be an insane deal.

Kamagii.png

#261 gentlyporking

gentlyporking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

I got my card and attempted to link it on Tuesday, but it said it was already linked. Called CS and she said it was linked. Made a purchase and today I receive an email saying:

Thank you for using your new PlayStation®Card from Capital One®.
The more you use it, the more points you’ll rack up! blach blah If you haven't already linked your card etc.

Wondering if I should contact them again..

Same exact thing happened to me. Got the e-mail this morning (with no codes).

#262 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

really hoping this counts as 100$ so I get the extra 20 this would be an insane deal.

My guess would be no.

However. What you could do would be buy $100 worth of points on PSN. This would net you 1000 points on your rewards. if you then spent the $100, you'd be eligable for the $20 back. The 1000 points would get you a $10 card on Sony Rewards. Then you'd get your $50 promotion, for a total of $80.

Spend $100, get $80 back. If I actually had $180 worth of stuff I wanted on PSN, I might do this.

#263 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

Spending the free $50 in PSN credit counts toward the $100, redeeming the 1 year of PS+ doesn't though since it's a code and not $ from your wallet.

#264 AFarewell2Arms

AFarewell2Arms

Drop A Deuce

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

I just activated my card last night and added $5 to my psn wallet. Also when trying to link to sony rewards it said it already was linked. I'm thinking about added $10 to my wallet and getting retro city rampage and using the $50 psn on an additional year of playstation + but I'm not sure yet. I'd like to have borderlands 2 as well but I know it's not on psn and don't know if it will be.

Well... you have a year to sit on that $50 to see if something worthwhile pops up. If not, then just use it to renew PS+ then. No need to burn it up now and regret it some time between now and next year.

#265 hecaitomix

hecaitomix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

i have the PS card since April. just a note for those planning to get. the points on Sony Rewards are awarded every end of month billing cycle, in my case, every 15th of the month. I use the card on psn games (i buy 10-50$ monthly), and also on daily expenses (food, gas, etc), which rewards me about 10-20$ worth of points monthly. i pay the card full every bill, so i pay no interest.

when using points of sony rewards site, i can't seem to get the psn cards on daytime, always sold-out, but available every midnight till about 8am pst.

3DS friend code: Hecaitomix: 2380-3115-6693
Safari: Ground Type: Trapinch, Nincada, Gastrodon message me if you added me.
142265.png

#266 evanwink

evanwink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

Where is it you click to link accounts? I just don't seem to see it anywhere.

#267 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

Where is it you click to link accounts? I just don't seem to see it anywhere.

Either the link in the email or sign in to the rewards site and hit my account. Then hit playstation card. Then on the right there is a box that says,"already a card member, link your account".

#268 evanwink

evanwink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

Either the link in the email or sign in to the rewards site and hit my account. Then hit playstation card. Then on the right there is a box that says,"already a card member, link your account".

Maybe I'm already linked, then, because all that comes up for me is a list of the benefits (10x points on... etc).

#269 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

i have the PS card since April. just a note for those planning to get. the points on Sony Rewards are awarded every end of month billing cycle, in my case, every 15th of the month. I use the card on psn games (i buy 10-50$ monthly), and also on daily expenses (food, gas, etc), which rewards me about 10-20$ worth of points monthly. i pay the card full every bill, so i pay no interest.

when using points of sony rewards site, i can't seem to get the psn cards on daytime, always sold-out, but available every midnight till about 8am pst.

Thanks, I was wondering when I would start seeing the points.

#270 dan77733

dan77733

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:10 AM

Does anyone know when this offer ends and what the spending minimum is in order to get PSN+ and the $50 code? Thanks.