Photo
- - - - -

The OFFICIAL Juan Cena Wrestling Thread (Don't be fooled by imitations!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
515 replies to this topic

#331 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

I just deleted all of the ISO files for the Pioneer ECW DVD's I owned. A sad day. :(

#332 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:01 AM

During the Mike Mondo vs Mike Bennett match on the ROH iPPV tonight Kevin Kelly goes "fans are respecting Mondo" as the crowd chants "Mondo Sucks" loudly. :rofl:

New sig coming soon.

#333 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

On going results from the ROH Glory By Honor XI... final update at 10 PM CST.... already a MATCH OF THE YEAR candidate on this show with Jay Lethel vs Davey Richards.

Spoiler

Non-spoiler summary: Outside of one semi dud match and I'm only saying that because it was an okay match but didn't do much for me... easily worth $15.

Edited by Demolition Man, 14 October 2012 - 03:00 AM.

New sig coming soon.

#334 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:58 AM

Holy mother fucking shit yes!!!! (ROH iPPV spoiler don't read if you haven't watched)

Spoiler

New sig coming soon.

#335 Tybalt Flux

Tybalt Flux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:16 AM

Speaking of Dolph, I saw him today at NYCC and had a pretty great experience. I was cosplaying from Arrested Development with my girlfriend (...we were George Michael and Maybe, the cousins, sooo...), and I told her that Dolph seems like he would recognize us.

As soon as we go up, he rushes up to us and says "I want in on this!" and gets in our banana stand (not a euphemism, for those that didn't watch the show) and says he's Jason Bateman.

Really cool dude, a bunch of his press guys started taking fancy pictures of him with us. I asked him when he's cashing in-

Spoiler

Also, he signed my banana. Not a euphemism either.

#336 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:37 AM

I was cosplaying from Arrested Development with my girlfriend (...we were George Michael and Maybe, the cousins, sooo...)

I don't understand why you'd go to NY Comic Con as sit-com characters. Also, it's spelled Maeby.

Managing Editor - Frontburnr

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#337 Tybalt Flux

Tybalt Flux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:52 AM

I don't understand why you'd go to NY Comic Con as sit-com characters. Also, it's spelled Maeby.

Trying to understand cosplay choices, or even cons themselves, in general is inherently fruitless. There is no curve for what's asinine anymore. That being said, I've done the costume before at an anime con and had a fantastic reception, and an even better one at NYCC. We literally couldn't go past a minute of the time we were in costume without being asked for pictures or being referenced to. So I guess it wasn't that bad of a choice.

And Dolph signed my banana.

#338 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:56 AM

New sig coming soon.

#339 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

TNA BFG tonight, got it ordered on PPV. Should be a good one. Hopefully the crowd will be hot and not like the Nashville crowd last time they went to a different arena. I heard they sold 3-4,000 tix for this one.

axlrose4183.png

#340 Aldogg

Aldogg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

Thanks for the ROH results demo. I have bad luck getting ROH IPPVs and as excited I was for Elgin vs Steen I didn't want to waste my time and not get be able to get it.

#341 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:37 AM

Trying to understand cosplay choices, or even cons themselves, in general is inherently fruitless. There is no curve for what's asinine anymore. That being said, I've done the costume before at an anime con and had a fantastic reception, and an even better one at NYCC. We literally couldn't go past a minute of the time we were in costume without being asked for pictures or being referenced to. So I guess it wasn't that bad of a choice.

And Dolph signed my banana.

Dolph had a really big crowd, Mattel's booth was in the worst possible position though...right at the top of an escalator onto the show floor. I really hope the girl cosplaying as Dolph was able to get to meet him, she didn't have a ticket but they said that they would try to get the people without them in.

#342 Tybalt Flux

Tybalt Flux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:17 AM

Dolph had a really big crowd, Mattel's booth was in the worst possible position though...right at the top of an escalator onto the show floor. I really hope the girl cosplaying as Dolph was able to get to meet him, she didn't have a ticket but they said that they would try to get the people without them in.

Aw that sucks, I was impressed someone came in all decked out. She did a great job, I know Dolph actually pointed at her and acknowledged her as she was passing in front while in line, so hopefully he got her in somehow.

And yeah, that booth was incredibly badly positioned, but I think it was the most efficient line out of any I was at NYCC. I was maybe in line for five to ten minutes before I was up to see Dolph, and that was when I just walked up to the line randomly around 3:20 (I had a ticket though).

#343 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:58 AM

Spoilers be damned; congratulations to Joey Ryan.

#344 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:15 AM

Saw this on WrestleView, posted by Robert Gibson on Facebook:

We need more prayers. for Bobby eaton of the Midnight Express just heard he's in the hospital with heart failure ammonia diabetes and gout thanks

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#345 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:20 AM

Oh shit, he's got the ammonia.

Seriously, though, I'm pulling for Bobby Eaton. He was always underrated, IMO.

#346 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:24 AM

That was one of the most... i dunno.... what the... all I can say is really? Why him of all the choices they could have had....
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#347 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:26 AM

Really TNA???? Really???

Spoiler

New sig coming soon.

#348 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:28 AM

Really TNA???? Really???

Spoiler

"This is awkward" chant... awesome

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#349 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:41 AM

Was anyone else hoping it was gonna be a swerve and
Spoiler
Or was that only me?
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#350 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:50 AM

Really TNA???? Really???

Spoiler

He never said he was the leader... Nor did anyone else.

Scorch should have posted the fail horns for you jumping to them young conclusions.

#351 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:52 AM

Austin Aries is currently the best champion in any organization.

Spoiler

#352 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:59 AM

He never said he was the leader... Nor did anyone else.

Scorch should have posted the fail horns for you jumping to them young conclusions.

Oh. I didn't have the show on so I wasn't aware outside of a few Twitter comments that made it sound like he was revealed as the leader. My bad. My apologies. I am sorry.

Speaking of making mistakes don't you mean "wrong conclusions" there buddy? ;)

And yeah..... I'm not going to even comment on the main event's ending.

New sig coming soon.

#353 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:51 AM

I know, we might as well just turn on that Honey Boo Boo shit.

Nah, even Vince's writers aren't so bad as to make anyone watch that shit.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#354 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:16 AM

Really TNA???? Really???

Spoiler

I respect that they are trying to think outside the box with what they have at their disposal. People would be rolling their eyes if it had been the obvious choices of
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
, or
Spoiler
. Did anyone think it would be
Spoiler
? I know I didn't. (Of course,
Spoiler
")

#355 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:21 AM

No, but he may have been driving the hummer.

And, when I came in here, I was thinking the "Really TNA, Really?????" remarks were over the results of the main event. Talk about never learning from the past.

default.png2.png

#356 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:32 AM

Reading the results now. For me, the biggest "what the heck, TNA" goes to them
Spoiler

I spend most of my wrasslin time watching WWE's "Are You Serious" web series, and that's about it. Sometimes, what ever looks appealing in their YouTube feed. Gotta give credit to the ladies in WWE. Some of the more interesting stuff in the company. Genuinely don't know who will "win" those matches. Everything else is predictable.

#357 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:17 AM

Speaking of making mistakes don't you mean "wrong conclusions" there buddy? ;)

No... :lol:

#358 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:24 AM

Thanks for the ROH results demo. I have bad luck getting ROH IPPVs and as excited I was for Elgin vs Steen I didn't want to waste my time and not get be able to get it.

I was on the fence about ordering it myself given the track record ROH has had this past year with iPPV. Thankfully they are now using a completely different company for handling the live iPPV streaming which really showed tonight. Outside of two really brief one second video drops (which I'm guessing is a camera/cabling issue since there was still audio during those two brief drops) the stream was smooth and looked pretty good. I will say that I do hope the next iPPV offers some kind of higher bitrate 720p feed as it did look a bit too compressed. I'm pretty happy overall with the experience on this iPPV. If this is any indication of the future of ROH iPPV then they got me back as a repeat iPPV buyer!

New sig coming soon.

#359 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

Hell, at this point I think its going to end up being Garrett Bischoff between that smug walkoff he did when Hogan didn't choose him for the TV title match and his pairing with Devon.

#360 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

I wouldn't be shocked to see Garrett Bischoff as a member of Aces & 8's.

New sig coming soon.