Photo
- - - - -

The OFFICIAL Juan Cena Wrestling Thread (Don't be fooled by imitations!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
515 replies to this topic

#181 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

I'll be meeting Rikishi tonight at Dreamwave Wrestling. For those of you that don't know, it's a local indie wrestling promotion that puts on a show every month and they almost always feature guests who are usually past WWE superstars or legends. Over the years, I've met the likes of Colt Cabana (although he's a regular and is there almost every time), Goldust, Jerry Lawler, Tommy Dreamer, and many, many others. The next couple of guests are Billy Gunn and Matt Hardy after that. I actually just gave Rikishi directions to our local Starbucks. :lol:

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#182 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

An interesting war of words took place between WWE Superstar Dolph Ziggler and former California Governor and Hollywood icon Arnold Schwarzenegger. The exchange began after Ziggler mentioned picking up The Terminator’s new book. This has led to speculation among WWE fans that the two may be doing an angle together. Here’s the exchange:

Ziggler: “grabbing @Schwarzenegger’s book bc once i cash in my MITB World Title contract i’ll study his workouts for the media & movies im offered”

Arnold: “Good luck with that and enjoy the book @HEELZiggler. Appreciate the support.”

Ziggler: “@Schwarzenegger haha relax brother, i dont need luck & im not a fan, just a heads up, im on my way to being a much bigger STAR than you!”

Arnold: “@HEELZiggler It’s going to take more than reading my book. You better memorize it. Then do curls with it. Then you’ll be 1% of the way there”

Ziggler: “@Schwarzenegger whatevs! Youre living in the past! #OldNews IM the future & wrestling is like, the 5th best thing i do! SHOW-OFF”

Arnold: “@HEELZiggler I’d hate to see 1st-4th best things. You’re right, you are the Show Off. Every time I see you I turn the show off.”

Ziggler: “@Schwarzenegger good one, NOT! you & the whole world can watch what i do @WWE #MondayNightRaw I STEAL THE SHOW…& you know the rest”

#183 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

Watching Saturday Morning Slam and I see the BAS commercial. Some odd reason when they have Kellen Lutz (name spelled wrong apparently as well according to IMDB) underneath his name says Actor and then it's blurred out. I wonder if it was WWE, BAS campaign or the CW that blurred out the movie. Thinking twilight maybe?

Edit- Saw it again with James Roday.

I know, something stupid but it intrigued me.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#184 BlueSwim

BlueSwim

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

Watching Saturday Morning Slam and I see the BAS commercial. Some odd reason when they have Kellen Lutz (name spelled wrong apparently as well according to IMDB) underneath his name says Actor and then it's blurred out. I wonder if it was WWE, BAS campaign or the CW that blurred out the movie. Thinking twilight maybe?

Edit- Saw it again with James Roday.

I know, something stupid but it intrigued me.

Speaking of commercials, did anyone else find it inappropriate that an ad for BLU Electric cigarettes was shown during WWE Main Event on ION?
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=2266
Menage a 3 - It's like Archie without the bullshit.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=7899
Eerie Cuties - Vampires in high school. Don't worry, no sparkling.

Posted Image
Twitter - Bitter. Spiteful. Funky.

#185 Dr. Venkman

Dr. Venkman

Body Piercer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

Today is Mr. Socko's birthday and the day the world lost Gorilla Monsoon.

I can't explain why but hearing Monsoon's voice on commentary still makes me mark out. Takes me back to a simpler time and allows me to turn my brain off and enjoy stupid crap.
I'm not yellow. I'm gold.

#186 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:40 AM

Ziggler got fucking owned and came back with a "NOT" joke. Ouch.
Posted Image

#187 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:59 AM

House of Hardcore results:

Spoiler

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#188 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:55 AM

That sounds like it was a really good show, Scorch. But some of those guys I don't really remember being ECW talent back in the day, which is why I had to Google Crowbar being part of the company and lo and behold he was. Weird.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#189 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

It sounds like a great show and I'm glad to see Tommy having success. He was always one of my favorite ECW guys back in the day. I think the only wrestler-specific shirt I had from ECW was a Tommy Dreamer one.

I think the inclusion of some non-ECW guys is smart on Tommy's behalf. It was one thing in 2005 to run an ECW show with guys who were in some cases less than five years removed from the actual ECW ring but in 2012, it's time to allow the spotlight to highlight some newer talent. Which is exactly what this show sounds like it did so again, good job Dreamer.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#190 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

Glad that Tommy Dreamer learned a few things from the failed show Shane Douglas had not too long ago.

New sig coming soon.

#191 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

Ziggler got fucking owned and came back with a "NOT" joke. Ouch.

:lol: I thought the same thing. That was just pathetic.

Now playing (& watching):
:br:-House, M.D. season 7
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#192 Haggar

Haggar

Mayor of Metro City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

Super random question: What is the normal retail price of A wwe Basic figure in a store like Target, walmart, toys r us, etc?

Thanks

#193 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

9.99 usually, 11.99 in Toys R Us.

#194 Haggar

Haggar

Mayor of Metro City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:13 AM

9.99 usually, 11.99 in Toys R Us.

Thank you.

#195 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:21 AM

Glad that Tommy Dreamer learned a few things from the failed show Shane Douglas had not too long ago.

Is that the one that's on Netflix? Cause if it is, I couldn't handle watching it at all. I fast forward through a lot of it.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#196 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:28 AM

Is that the one that's on Netflix? Cause if it is, I couldn't handle watching it at all. I fast forward through a lot of it.

no

Posted Image

#197 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:40 AM

Breaking news regarding Jay Lethal and Kevin Steen at tonight's ROH PPV.. holy crap

Last night ROH presented “Killer Instinct” in Rahway, New Jersey and the end of the main event saw a chaotic scene that left many questions unanswered. What we do know at the moment is that things completely broke down when Steen spit on Jay Lethal’s mother who was sitting front row.

- As a result of this, Jay Lethal snapped on Steen in a rage and chaos ensued with security and referees suffering injuries while trying to regulate the incident. Kevin Steen immediately left the building claiming that he will not return.

- While Lethal was looking for Steen backstage he continued to assault officials and apparently attacked ROH Executive Producer Jim Cornette. Cornette was sent to the local hospital suffering a severe back injury and his diagnosis is unknown at this time.

- ROH COO Joe Koff has contacted both Jay Lethal and Kevin Steen regarding the incident and there is expected to be major fallout from the events that took place last night. The status of both Lethal and Steen is currently up in the air and we will have more news regarding this incident tomorrow at ROHWrestling.com.

Work?

Posted Image

#198 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:46 AM

Of course it's a work. It's professional wrestling. Besides, Jay Lethal has made a point of showing more of a "killer instinct" during his last few appearances on the weekly show (not to mention that it works as a great build to the PPV this Saturday). It will be interesting to see if/how they integrate Lethal into the Steen/Elgin match.

35bb9lx.gif

#199 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:20 AM

I like how the crack reporters for ROHwrestling.com neglected to mention fans chanting "refund" and "fuck this company" after that incident.

#200 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

Eh, it's New Jersey. That chant that after dinner at a restaurant.

35bb9lx.gif

#201 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

Explanation for Cornette getting written off:

The ROH locker room was informed during Saturday's promotion in Rahway that Hunter "Delirious" Johnson will take over as the head of Ring of Honor's creative direction effective immediately.

Jim Cornette and ROH came to a mutual decision on making the change. Cornette will still remain with the company in a backstage role and assist Johnson as well as working on production and logistics.

ROH plans to have Cornette written off ROH storylines with a backstage attack by Jay Lethal. Stories will be ran on ROH's website to explain the changes with Cornette's exit from his authority figure role after the attack.

Posted Image

#202 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

IGN just revealed that Paul Heyman helped write and guide the 200+ storylines in the Universe mode in WWE '13.

They had my money with the DLC announcement.. this is just icing on the cake.

Other improvements: You don't need to upload CAW's before playing with them online, AI can fill out matches if enough people aren't in your match, and there's a "fair fight" option which only allows people to play with default characters with default movesets.

Posted Image

#203 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

IGN just revealed that Paul Heyman helped write and guide the 200+ storylines in the Universe mode in WWE '13.

They had my money with the DLC announcement.. this is just icing on the cake

That is great news to hear. I'm going to wait a bit to get this though. Assassin's Creed 3 is coming out the same day and I want that game more...also, I want to see how the online is. WWE 12's online servers were atrocious.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#204 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:32 PM

Wow. They're really kicking it up a notch. Loving the options in Universe (eg Vince slides the chair in, you can attack with it, do nothing or throw it back).

Ryder's Internet Championship belt is confirmed to be in the game at 0:57

Posted Image

#205 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

LOL "Creative Rabbi"

#206 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

I'm stoked to see statistics in there. It really is the little things that end up creating a satisfying experience.

EDIT: And it was just confirmed that you can edit in-game titles, even going as far as changing the strap color. You can also use created arenas online. 100% sold.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#207 Dr. Venkman

Dr. Venkman

Body Piercer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

Damn near freaked out at the end of that trailer when I ALMOST mistook Swagger for Owen. (It will NEVER happen, I know.)
I'm not yellow. I'm gold.

#208 Habbler

Habbler

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

Explanation for Cornette getting written off:

Am I the only one who wants to see Delirious in a GM role booking matches in gibberish?

#209 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

CM Punk's new shirt he'll be debuting tonight:
Posted Image

I dig it. The color is a nice change of pace and it has an old-school vibe to it.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#210 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

It'll go nicely with the Nexus colored gear he broke out again last week.