Airmiles.ca Dream Reward Rewards - PSVITA

3420 miles = $360 at Metro, Pharmaplus, Rona or Shell (in Ontario at least).

I'm not sure if you could get Future Shop GC at one of those stores, but even if you can't it still a better use of miles to put it to "cash".

[quote name='mabba18']3420 miles = $360 at Metro, Pharmaplus, Rona or Shell (in Ontario at least).

I'm not sure if you could get Future Shop GC at one of those stores, but even if you can't it still a better use of miles to put it to "cash".[/QUOTE]

you did click the link, right? you get the vita, a starter kit, and Uncharted. that;s $360 right there.

[quote name='mabba18']3420 miles = $360 at Metro, Pharmaplus, Rona or Shell (in Ontario at least).

I'm not sure if you could get Future Shop GC at one of those stores, but even if you can't it still a better use of miles to put it to "cash".[/QUOTE]

Huh? Here in BC AFAIK Rona and Shell (never heard of the other stores) give you 1 reward mile for a $20 purchase. So 3420 miles = $68,400. The best deals I've seen usually pop up at Safeway, and even then it's usually around the $1 = 1 mile mark.

[quote name='ragnar14']Huh? Here in BC AFAIK Rona and Shell (never heard of the other stores) give you 1 reward mile for a $20 purchase. So 3420 miles = $68,400. The best deals I've seen usually pop up at Safeway, and even then it's usually around the $1 = 1 mile mark.[/QUOTE]

I think he's talking about the air miles cash rewards, where you get credit for airmiles at certain retailers, not earning airmiles.

[quote name='Nukkus']you did click the link, right? you get the vita, a starter kit, and Uncharted. that;s $360 right there.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy has a game (Madden or ACIII) + Wifi Vita bundle for $250. FS has the madden bundle for $250 and a free $50 GC you could use to get Uncharted. The starter kit is $30. Costco has a bundle for $345 (online, probably less in store) with a Vita, Uncharted, and a bigger memory card instead of the other starter kit junk.

[quote name='ragnar14']Huh? Here in BC AFAIK Rona and Shell (never heard of the other stores) give you 1 reward mile for a $20 purchase. So 3420 miles = $68,400. The best deals I've seen usually pop up at Safeway, and even then it's usually around the $1 = 1 mile mark.[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about redeeming miles, not earning them.

yyeaaa......this was more for the crowd that collects the air miles, doesn't pay attention to it and realizes they have a ton + want a vita. All your number crunching and math = i guess this deal doesn't apply to you.

move along, nothing to see here.. :p

you can't transfer dream miles into cash miles
so for someone who already has that many dream miles, I guess its a good deal
but is the vita worth that much savings?

[quote name='Pajo']you can't transfer dream miles into cash miles
so for someone who already has that many dream miles, I guess its a good deal
but is the vita worth that much savings?[/QUOTE]

With Sony's plan to Incoporate the playstation+ program for vita owners (which means free games) then i would say it will be for anyone who is not pleased currently.

I myself am very pleased by the content and the support. I have found nearly half the existing library on sale at one time or another. Never paying more then 20 dollars for a game is refreshing as a gamer.

Just depends if you would use it as much as you think? I use it all the time on the go, at home, in bed.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mabba18']Best Buy has a game (Madden or ACIII) + Wifi Vita bundle for $250. FS has the madden bundle for $250 and a free $50 GC you could use to get Uncharted. The starter kit is $30. Costco has a bundle for $345 (online, probably less in store) with a Vita, Uncharted, and a bigger memory card instead of the other starter kit junk.

I'm talking about redeeming miles, not earning them.[/QUOTE]

Taxes.

[quote name='mabba18']I'm talking about redeeming miles, not earning them.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I get it now. Misread your posts meaning I did :whistle2:#

[quote name='chsnavi']yyeaaa......this was more for the crowd that collects the air miles, doesn't pay attention to it and realizes they have a ton + want a vita. All your number crunching and math = i guess this deal doesn't apply to you.

move along, nothing to see here.. :p[/QUOTE]

Just because someone doesn't pay much attention to their airmiles, doesn't mean they shouldn't get the best value for their miles, this is still a deals site after all. I'll admit that it is not as easy to transfer miles to other things as I believed. and you are right, for the one person who really wants a Vita and really will have absolutely no use for their miles ever this is a decent deal. For everyone else, it's pretty cold.

IMHO someone who can earn that many miles should be looking to use them for flights.

[quote name='Pajo']you can't transfer dream miles into cash miles
[/QUOTE]

Yikes. I honestly had no idea you couldn't transfer your balance, as I didn't take that good of a look when then brought in all the changes. I knew it had gotten worse, but they've really killed it. They had better GC options in the past as well. At least it is still free, but it is almost not worth the hassle.

[quote name='Nukkus']Taxes.[/QUOTE]

$250 (Vita bundle) + $30 (Starter kit) + BC tax = $313.6 still shy of $360. Plus if you start looking at other rewards the difference is even bigger.

EDIT: Even better at deal RCSS this weekend: $250 Madden bundle + $50 GC + TAX FREE
http://rcssontario.flyerservices.co...-c2c7923bc07d_150_WK40_GM_L1_TAB_04.p1.p1.jpg

[quote name='chsnavi']With Sony's plan to Incoporate the playstation+ program for vita owners (which means free games) then i would say it will be for anyone who is not pleased currently.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind, you only have access to those "free" games as long as you keep paying for PS+. It is a good offer, but it's not free.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mabba18']Just because someone doesn't pay much attention to their airmiles, doesn't mean they shouldn't get the best value for their miles, this is still a deals site after all. I'll admit that it is not as easy to transfer miles to other things as I believed. and you are right, for the one person who really wants a Vita and really will have absolutely no use for their miles ever this is a decent deal. For everyone else, it's pretty cold.

IMHO someone who can earn that many miles should be looking to use them for flights.
[/QUOTE]

If they aren't using them for fligth's, they are most likely not paying enough attention, and that makes this as a pretty hot deal.

[quote name='mabba18']Keep in mind, you only have access to those "free" games as long as you keep paying for PS+. It is a good offer, but it's not free.[/QUOTE]

I am not going to debate whether this service offers TONS of free content for a VERY reasonable fee of 50 dollars a year. And it is most certainly free if the the value of the entire service equates to a greater value then the cost of the service. 16 games value > then 50 year subscription fee.

bread's done
Back