PSN in October: Spend $100 Get $20 Back

jwk94

CAGiversary!
Just as the title says, starting in October, if you spend $100+ on the PlayStation Store, you'll receive $20 back credited to your PSN Wallet. Pretty good deal. What are you guys going to get? Thinking about getting the folllowing:

Okami HD - $20
Tokyo Jungle (how is this by the way?) - $15
NFS: MW - $54

and one more game that I can't think of right now lol.

PSN in October: Spend $100 and Get $20 in Return

blog post http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/01/big-savings-buy-100-on-psn-in-october-get-20-psn-credit/

Last edited by a moderator:
There might be a $100 worth of stuff I want, not sure yet.

I doubt that restarting my PS+ sub(expired a week ago) will count.

Do you think there's a way for someone who, say, just spent $110 on Tuesday to get them to give them the $20 or are they just out of luck?

I'd have trouble finding $100 worth of games I'd like to get on PSN (and then $20 worth more x_x), but notable titles for me would be

Tokyo Jungle
New Little King's Story
All the FF PSX titles
Rainbow Moon (they just announced a Vita port and they're looking into discounting that version for owners of the original)

[quote name='4thHorseman']I wonder if PS+ would count...[/QUOTE]

I'm curious as well, this would be quite awesome.

The One Piece Dynasty Warriors would be a decent PSN exclusive to nab towards this. I don't think it came out on the 360.

where can I find a release schedule for games coming to PSN in October? I will definitely get in on this $20 back promotion. So far I'm slightly interested in Dishonored but I will mostly likely get that on Steam, right now I know I am getting Okami HD and this game

[quote name='TheNamekianClown']Do you think there's a way for someone who, say, just spent $110 on Tuesday to get them to give them the $20 or are they just out of luck?[/QUOTE]

Tuesday was not in October, so no.

wow, very nice, this would be killer combined with the credit card promotion. $50 out of pocket, and $70 in (almost)free credit. don't know what all i would buy though.

ff13-2 dlc
hopefully mw for vita digital
zen pinball
ff3
????

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Does buying PSN cards and using those count?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. Its based on the PSN wallet not where the funds came from.

[quote name='IanKazimer']Does Okami have a solid release date?[/QUOTE]

its coming on October 30th in the U.S. and October 31st for Europe

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']I'd have trouble finding $100 worth of games I'd like to get on PSN (and then $20 worth more x_x), but notable titles for me would be

Tokyo Jungle
New Little King's Story
All the FF PSX titles
Rainbow Moon (they just announced a Vita port and they're looking into discounting that version for owners of the original)

I'm curious as well, this would be quite awesome.[/QUOTE]
When was a port announced?

[quote name='IanKazimer']Does Okami have a solid release date?[/QUOTE]
Yep, October 30!

Hmm. I'm wondering:

Can I buy PSN cards with Best Buy rewards certs, AND does buying PSN cards give you reward points?

If so, this is gonna be a great deal for me!

[quote name='4thHorseman']I wonder if PS+ would count...[/QUOTE]

Yes it does, says so in the description at the link. That'll be most of my $100 :)

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Hmm. I'm wondering:

Can I buy PSN cards with Best Buy rewards certs, AND does buying PSN cards give you reward points?

If so, this is gonna be a great deal for me![/QUOTE]

Yes and yes. I've done it before by buying digital codes from the website. But they only give you reward points for the amount after the certs are applied.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Hmm. I'm wondering:

If so, this is gonna be a great deal for me![/QUOTE]

Yes, you can by PSN cards with rewards, but you won't earn points for buying anything with rewards.

For those people who were wondering about Tokyo Jungle, it's pretty awesome. Kind of reminds me of an old game I used to play in elementary school called Odell Down Under - you control an animal and do animal-type stuff to survive, like eating appropriately based on your animal's diet, hunting prey or running from predators and so on. There's also a story mode. The whole thing has this really cool post-apocalyptic thing going on, too. Definitely worth the money.

So in the next Best Buy Gamers Mag there is supposed to be a coupon for $15 off a PSN subscription. That should pair up well with this deal.

[quote name='ky151']So in the next Best Buy Gamers Mag there is supposed to be a coupon for $15 off a PSN subscription. That should pair up well with this deal.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that will work, because you have to spend the money out of your PSN wallet. The PSN subscription card (I assume you're referring to PS+) will just add PS+ to your account, it won't put any money in or out of your wallet.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']where can I find a release schedule for games coming to PSN in October? I will definitely get in on this $20 back promotion. So far I'm slightly interested in Dishonored but I will mostly likely get that on Steam, right now I know I am getting Okami HD and this game[/QUOTE]

Here you go:

October 2
Vita game:
New Little King's Story

PS3 Full Games:
NBA 2K13 $59.99 (PS+ $53.99 if pre-ordered before Oct. 2)
Resident Evil 6 $59.99

PSN games:
NiGHTS into dreams... $9.99
Sonic Adventure 2 $9.99

Add-ons:
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle Mode $3
Spelunker HD

October 9
Vita game:
Spy Hunter $39.99

PS3 Full Game:
Dishonored $59.99 (PS+ $53.99 if pre-ordered before Oct. 9)

PSN Game:
Derrick the Deathfin $7.99
Naughty Bear: Panic In Paradise $14.99

Add-ons:
Modern Warfare 3: Collection 4 - Free for Elite members on Tuesday, $14.99 for everyone else on Wednesday, October 10

October 16
Vita games:
Ragnarok Odyssey $39.99
Silent Hill: Book of Memories $39.99
Jet Set Radio $9.99 (No Cross-Buy)

PS3 Full Games:
DOOM 3: BFG Edition $39.99 (PS+ $35.99 if pre-ordered before Oct. 16)
007: Legends $59.99 / PS+ $53.99

October 23
Vita games:
Smart As $29.99 or under
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz $29.99
Street Fighter X Tekken $39.99
Zero's Escape: Virtue's Last Reward $39.99

PS3 Full Game:
Medal Of Honor: Warfighter $59.99

PSN game:
Killzone HD $14.99

Add-on:
Dark Souls: Artorias of the Abyss $14.99

October 30
Vita games:
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation $39.99
Need for Speed Most Wanted $39.99
Lego Lord of the Rings $39.99

PS3 Full Games:
Assassin's Creed III $59.99
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit $59.99 (PS+ $53.99 if pre-ordered before Oct. 30)

PSN game:
Okami HD $19.99

October, no release date
Vita Game:
Dokuro

PSN Game:
Alien Spidy $9.99
The Walking Dead: Episode 4 $4.99

Add-ons:
Max Payne 3: Deathmatch Made In Heaven Mode Pack, Painful Memories Map Pack

found here

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tylerh1701']I don't think that will work, because you have to spend the money out of your PSN wallet. The PSN subscription card (I assume you're referring to PS+) will just add PS+ to your account, it won't put any money in or out of your wallet.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I meant PS+. Too bad, I was hoping it would show up as a purchase from the wallet.

Thanks for the heads-up. I was considering both Hell Yeah! and Tokyo Jungle. Glad I didn't buy them yet; they put me about a quarter of the way there already.

Sorry guys, I don't think this is worth it. It's equal to a 20% discount. I'd just assume buy games on sale for 50% off. Last holiday season, they had some good deals (or was it right after the holidays?). I'd wager they are trying to milk you with a 20% discount now so you will pay more than in a couple months. Plus, this is actually worse than an actual 20% discount since you have to give them the full 100% and they refund 20% which is locked up in their ecosystem.

Know I'll get:
$49.99 PS+
$14.99 Dark Souls DLC
$11.99 Tokyo Jungle

Bound to be discounts on Resident Evil and Dead Space 2 DLC for Halloween. Hoping for the DS2 DLC bundle to be $9.99.

This could work out really well for renewing PS+.

If you were to buy two years of PS+ in October, and pay for it using the PlayStation credit card, you'd get $30 back in PSN credit, essentially paying for PS+ at $35/year instead of $50/year.

If Mugen Souls was going to be available through PSN I'd jump on this. But without that, I really can't justify picking up anything else along with NFS: MW.

Good time to get Borderlands 2 on PSN, especially since you can share it with your roommate or family, and play co-op together.

I also need to buy the Walking Dead season pass.

Oh sweet, forgot about Dark Souls DLC. Maybe I'll be close to spending $100 this month anyways. This, Tokyo Jungle, might as well re-up on PS+ since it's ending in a couple months, Tomba!, and then I don't have much more to go.

Question about ps+. If you get DLC such as the starhawk DLC that just came out for free, after your ps+ runs out you may no longer play that DLC correct?

Hmm...let's see $50 for 1 year of PS+ on PSN. $50 worth of PSN stuff.

Yeah, I can spend/find $100 worth of stuff on PSN!

Now if only, I had $100 or had taken advantage of that Langer's promotion.

[quote name='controldenied12']i thought the dark souls dlc was not confirmed for the US?[/QUOTE]

Multiple sites have it set for October 23 for the US, then other countries that same week, for $15 or 1200 MSP.

I should of waited to buy Marvel Origins...

So far I got
Okami
SA2 Battle
Nights

I dont think ill be spending $100 on psn next month lol :/

Hmm, I guess I'll put off purchasing One Piece: Pirate Warriors until October then. That, Okami HD, and the Dark Souls DLC will add up to about $85, so I doubt I'd have trouble finding something else to finish off the $100.

bread's done
Back