Golden Halo Avatar Armor For watching the Presidential election

If anybody wants to know its a code they send you via email. What I want to know is do you need a gold account to do this. I mean watch the debate. Or can any silver account. because if all you need is a US account to get the code. well you know.

If anybody who's American who wants to help a neighbor to the north
;)

Has anybody ever heard of xbox avatar codes being region locked?

[quote name='pandiosity']If anybody wants to know its a code they send you via email. What I want to know is do you need a gold account to do this. I mean watch the debate. Or can any silver account. because if all you need is a US account to get the code. well you know.

If anybody who's American who wants to help a neighbor to the north
;)

Has anybody ever heard of xbox avatar codes being region locked?[/QUOTE]

It says you need a gold membership for certain events so I assume you do need it to get reward. If I can remember the dates I'll try to pass a code on.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']What I would like to know is, if I have 2 Gold accounts and sign on to both of them when I watch it, will both get the golden armor?[/QUOTE]

So basically you could sign up for the rewards program with both xbox accounts and watch 3 hours on each and get a code for each. technically.

Might do this if I'm on for three of the events.

What is the Election 2012 Offer?
A. Any Xbox LIVE Rewards member in the United States who watches 3 out of the 4 presidential and / or vice presidential debates on Election 2012 on Xbox LIVE for 30 minutes or more each will receive a Halo 4 Warrior Armor for their Avatar.

Only need to deal with it for 30min each. I'll do it.

I dont know how anyone would watch this rubbish for nothing. Its more lowbrow than Jerry Springer. But for free armor.. maybe have it play with the tv off :) Thanks OP.

[quote name='musha666'] But for free armor.. maybe have it play with the tv off :) Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]That's what I do for any app that I have to use to get something from Xbox Rewards.

Saw this yesterday in the Rewards FAQ, but neat to see there's a picture of the armor.

[quote name='musha666']I dont know how anyone would watch this rubbish for nothing. Its more lowbrow than Jerry Springer. But for free armor.. maybe have it play with the tv off :) Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]
That's what like 50% of the people will do.

Then MS will come back a month later, trumpeting all these crazy stats - xx% of members watched it, xx% of members watched for at least 30 mins 3x. Try and act surprised :)

Cool - thank you!

I hope I can get the armor and I can just leave the debates in another room - politics sucks and I don't want to sit there watching these two spewing garbage if I don't have to.

Looks awesome!

election-2012

Thanks for the heads up on this, Microsoft are terrible about announcing the things they do that are actually somewhat neat (Famestar, Todays achievement rebate plan). That armor is sure to please some folks, and getting people involved in their countries direction is never something we should scoff at, despite how we feel about it.

[quote name='bulldozer86']Thanks for the heads up on this, Microsoft are terrible about announcing the things they do that are actually somewhat neat (Famestar, Todays achievement rebate plan). That armor is sure to please some folks, and getting people involved in their countries direction is never something we should scoff at, despite how we feel about it.[/QUOTE]

Wow. First I've heard about the achievement rebate plan, so thanks for informing me about it! I'll gladly accept a 2% rebate off XBL purchases. :bouncy:

I'll most certainly be watching every minute of the debates, heck I'm likely to record them and watch them several times over. I could care less about some measly avatar item when the future of the free world is at stake, but I'll be sure to watch on the Xbox so I can give a fellow CAG member the code.

Looks cool; but can I still watch them with a silver account?

Ugh...I don't use my xbox often enough. Still thinking about getting Halo 4 though.

[quote name='DeLane79']Wow. First I've heard about the achievement rebate plan, so thanks for informing me about it! I'll gladly accept a 2% rebate off XBL purchases. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

This. Thanks for mentioning it OP, totally didn't notice it before. I'll gladly take 2% back. Wonder what the b-day gift will be (my birthday is next month so I won't have to wait long to see). Probably just some avatar prop.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']This. Thanks for mentioning it OP, totally didn't notice it before. I'll gladly take 2% back. Wonder what the b-day gift will be (my birthday is next month so I won't have to wait long to see). Probably just some avatar prop.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, at bottom of the page

* Birthday Gift (approximate retail value ("ARV"): $0.25 USD)

Don't think an avatar prop is a quarter. Probably 20 MSP.

Three out of four? If I remember I'll tune in for the armor.

But at this point if you still need to watch a debate to decide who to vote for then you shouldn't even bother, as you have absolutely no idea which direction you want the country to go in.

If you pre-order Halo 4 in Hong Kong (with proof of purchase) you get ALL 5 avatar armors plus 5 in game armor codes... I bet codes for all kinds of Halo stuff will be around soon.

:cool:

d1acb32e-4d3e-4f38-8457-083ba85bba55.jpg

How exactly does that work? Proof of purchase? Can I use playasia or something?
Why does every kind of promotion always give a big middle finger to me because I'm in Canada? :(
(That Image screams power rangers or is it just me)
Ah well. Anybody got more info about this?
[quote name='yamayama']If you pre-order Halo 4 in Hong Kong (with proof of purchase) you get ALL 5 avatar armors plus 5 in game armor codes... I bet codes for all kinds of Halo stuff will be around soon.

:cool:

d1acb32e-4d3e-4f38-8457-083ba85bba55.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You have to upload a picture of your receipt from select HK retailers and provide the invoice code. No play-asia doesn't count. Beyond that, I really don't know how it works. i just saw that image on the HK website and was like whoaaaaaaaa.

[quote name='yamayama']You have to upload a picture of your receipt from select HK retailers and provide the invoice code. No play-asia doesn't count. Beyond that, I really don't know how it works. i just saw that image on the HK website and was like whoaaaaaaaa.[/QUOTE]

The avatar codes should work. I'm not sure about the Halo in game dlc, but I've had a bad experience with Fable 3 DLC from HK on a NA copy of Fable 3.

[quote name='the indianbeast']i have silver account :( anyone please pm me the code! ill be very thankful to who sends me the code. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Did you even bother reading the rules in the link at all? :puke:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blumpkin']Three out of four? If I remember I'll tune in for the armor.

But at this point if you still need to watch a debate to decide who to vote for then you shouldn't even bother, as you have absolutely no idea which direction you want the country to go in.[/QUOTE]
lol, you're certainly right there. I can't recall any election with two more polar opposite candidates in my lifetime. It's still gonna be a good watch for the battle of wits between the two. I don't expect the VP debate to be as entertaining though.

[quote name='Liquid Fusion']Does anyone know ow this will work? like will there be an app that we have to download before hand to view the debates?[/QUOTE]
You need to download the Live Event Player app. It should be in the app market place.

[quote name='PottyPops']lol, you're certainly right there. I can't recall any election with two more polar opposite candidates in my lifetime. It's still gonna be a good watch for the battle of wits between the two. I don't expect the VP debate to be as entertaining though.[/QUOTE]

Matter of opinion. Biden is one of those "really knows his policy" types, Ryan (I grew up in his district in Wisconsin), isn't and regardless of politics, has a voting record and has proposed some policies (including budget) that don't play well to a crowd when he's forced to talk about them in detail which Biden is more than capable of doing. Biden has to "go soft" on Palin to not seem like he was bullying her, it'll really be interesting to see him not have to hold back and how the two will "match wits" as was stated earlier.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Matter of opinion. Biden is one of those "really knows his policy" types, Ryan (I grew up in his district in Wisconsin), isn't and regardless of politics, has a voting record and has proposed some policies (including budget) that don't play well to a crowd when he's forced to talk about them in detail which Biden is more than capable of doing. Biden has to "go soft" on Palin to not seem like he was bullying her, it'll really be interesting to see him not have to hold back and how the two will "match wits" as was stated earlier.[/QUOTE]
So why do you say "Matter of opinion?" What you just said reinforces my point... polar opposites (you say how different Ryan & Biden are) and entertainment (you say it would be interesting to see him not hold back). Though I'm sure Ryan is gonna make Biden look like a Kindergartner, I only wish Romney had the same advantage over President Obama.

Anyway, I was gonna post the date and times so everyone can know when they are.

Oct. 3rd
@ 9:00pm-10:30pm EDT... Presidential Debate... Topic: Domestic Policy

Oct. 11th
@ 9:00pm-10:30pm EDT... Vice-Presidential Debate... Topic: Foreign & Domestic Policy

Oct. 16th @ 9:00pm-10:30pm EDT... Presidential Debate... Topic: Foreign & Domestic Policy (Town meeting format)

Oct. 22nd @ 9:00pm-10:30pm EDT... Presidential Debate... Topic: Foreign Policy

Here is where I got my info: http://www.2012presidentialelectionnews.com/2012-debate-schedule/2012-presidential-debate-schedule/

[quote name='PottyPops']So why do you say "Matter of opinion?" What you just said reinforces my point... polar opposites (you say how different Ryan & Biden are) and entertainment (you say it would be interesting to see him not hold back). Though I'm sure Ryan is gonna make Biden look like a Kindergartner, I only wish Romney had the same advantage over President Obama.

Anyway, I was gonna post the date and times so everyone can know when they are.

Oct. 3rd
@ 9:00pm-10:30pm EDT... Presidential Debate... Topic: Domestic Policy

Oct. 11th
@ 9:00pm-10:30pm EDT... Vice-Presidential Debate... Topic: Foreign & Domestic Policy

Oct. 16th @ 9:00pm-10:30pm EDT... Presidential Debate... Topic: Foreign & Domestic Policy (Town meeting format)

Oct. 22nd @ 9:00pm-10:30pm EDT... Presidential Debate... Topic: Foreign Policy

Here is where I got my info: http://www.2012presidentialelectionnews.com/2012-debate-schedule/2012-presidential-debate-schedule/[/QUOTE]

Cool. My work schedule may make that possible. If not, my girl should be able to turn the Xbox on for me. :)

The prizes for the U.S. Halo 4 Mountain Dew / Doritos contest have been revealed.

This is the avatar item. No cool looking armor. :( Only 1000 available but I'm sure this will be available on the marketplace if it isn't already. The other prizes can be seen at dewxp.com

bread's done
Back