CAGcast #298: Code Crackers

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:46 AM

Shipwreck is sick of Wii remotes, CheapyD is sick of NHL 13 issues, and Wombat is just sick.

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

Download - 1 hours 20 minutes, 48MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

www.GoDaddy.com
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN

Show Linkage/Notes:

Intro/Outro: Super Snooper (Dami DJ vs The Oceans) - Love won't make me overwight (80s PSA)

Full CAGcast Catalog
Follow us on Twitter
Twitch.tv
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Edited by CheapyD, 28 September 2012 - 05:57 AM.

#2 MethodManFTW

MethodManFTW

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:06 AM

hey cheapy, great show as always (well probably, i'm only five minutes in). wombat is awesome, dunno why so many people seem to hate him... :P

Also, yes, I would love a code for half minute hero on steam. :D

#3 homersteve

homersteve

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:08 AM

I want a half minute hero code, please, please, please

oh, and good show, wombat gets picked on too much. Feel better wombat.

However, I feel he was funnier before he had kids. I have kids too and I used to be funnier as well. I agree with the Tokyo Jungle review you mentioned. I played about an hour and haven't picked it up again.

Edited by homersteve, 28 September 2012 - 07:03 AM.

#4 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:09 AM

Get well soon, Wombat!

#5 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:11 AM

Glad you had Tai play that Avengers game. Wombat never got Sabrina that Sesame street game did he?

Half minute hero code please.

Edited by thorbahn3, 28 September 2012 - 07:17 AM.

My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#6 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:20 AM

Its not first come, first served. Listen to the rules!

#7 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:26 AM

Great show guys. I agree that there are too many games out, but I appreciate that you guys are still trying to cover as much of it as possible. It would be nice if you guys could still keep up with your predictions segment, but understandable if you're not able to do it all the time. As for wombat, if he's too sick, I wouldn't mind if he were to rest up and take a week off.

As for controller vs keyboard on pc, i believe that the controller has its place. For shooters, it definitely has to be mouse and kb, cmon ship, haha.

Oh and cheapy, if you could somehow announce on here as well when you will be streaming. I'm sure you can get more viewers simply by doing that.

Half minute hero code as well, pretty please.

test.gif

#8 firemunkie

firemunkie

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:41 AM

hey cheapy why didn't you rip wombat a new one about eating a fillet mignon? on show 263 he called you a girl for liking that cut of meat. if you're wondering its at 1:06:25 #263 he is talking about lugers steakhouse

can I have a half minute hero code please?

#9 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:53 AM

hey cheapy why didn't you rip wombat a new one about eating a fillet mignon? on show 263 he called you a girl for liking that cut of meat. if you're wondering its at 1:06:25 #263 he is talking about lugers steakhouse

can I have a half minute hero code please?

You need to know the rules, no Filet for dinner. This was a business lunch, smaller steak is the way to go.

#10 themightypencil

themightypencil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:36 AM

just started listening regularly to the cagcast, and loving it! you guys get me through my early morning stock shifts and 40 min drives to work.

couldnt agree more with ship about the wiimote...it seems to me like nintendo isnt sure which way they want to go between the wiimotes, game pad, and classic controller..so why not offer three different controllers for one system? sucks...

if a half minute hero code still is available, would love to play-caught the live stream and seems like a great game!

#11 BetaDemo

BetaDemo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

A new cagcast, YAY! I have something to listen to during my cousin's wedding this weekend. Now, I just have to figure out how to get away with it considering I'm a groomsman... Tips?

#12 firemunkie

firemunkie

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:59 PM

smells like bs wombat.

also you complained about not having any use for the money in borderlands, I use it on the slot machines in moxxis bar in sanctuary. easy way to get eridium. but yea other then that's its pretty much useless

#13 davidb69

davidb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:04 PM

Interesting show, I think we all hate the Wii motes but in the same respect, I like that I can use the overpriced device that have been collecting dust in my living room. Do you find it weird that they never announced pricing of the accessories? I found it interesting the Wii U is stealing Sony's remote play strategy from it's psp/vita. They announced that it is probably best to play your COD type game using the 360 like controller but have yet to price said controller.
I played a lot of FIFA 13, best game in years in the FIFA series with the first touch controls making the game much more realistic.
No, I am not playing Borderlands 2, no interest in the game. It feels overhyped to me and after playing a lot of Borderlands, I really have no urg to play the 2nd.
I agree that NBA Live should wait for the next gen on consoles, maybe have a version on Wii U next year.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Wii - 2303 0628 4559 9276

#14 testudo

testudo

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

I was upset that this was not used for the music intro or outro:

"I'm saving your future for a rainy day."
Check out the best gaming website in/for the world: sustainablegamers.tumblr.com

#15 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

Cheapy, you think the PS3 suffered the most because it was released a year later? If anything, I would say the price was the big detractor for sales. Sony shot themselves in the foot, but it wasn't because of when it was released as much as how much it cost at release.

And even with those two problems, according to Wikipedia, it's not even 4 million sales less than the 360 worldwide as of early this year...hardly the stomp everyone makes it out to be...

#16 skadave

skadave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:58 PM

New regular addition to the CAGCAST. . . "PC Snobbery!"

Moving forward, can it go without saying that the PC Version is superior. Not sure how much more i can take listening to cheapy say "the PC version looks SOOOOOOO much better." We get it, it's a given.

*** I am willing to bet that we will start to hear cheapy say "I haven't turned my 360 or ps3 in months" by next spring.

#17 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:29 PM

Great show once again.

Would the Wii U be more of a draw if NBA Baller Beats 2 was an exclusive and featured Mario? Might come with another basketball you had to put the Wiimote in for the dribble detection.

Liked Half Minute Hero on the PSP, would be nice to get a Steam code.
If its free, its for me!!

#18 Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

Why would he turn on his 360 or ps3? He has a PC. Like I don't get it. You want it to go unstated that it's superior, but object to him using it?

Anyone that still plays a 360/ps3 is a masochist anyway. I think that also explains why Wombat is obsessed with comments making fun of him.

Also I'd like a code for Half Minute Hero. For the PC.

#19 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

Can't wait to listen!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#20 steverl22

steverl22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

Positive comment:

This show really needs a rant/soap box segment. It could be about any topic.
This is a fun podcast.

548012.png

#21 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

Glad you had Tai play that Avengers game. Wombat never got Sabrina that Sesame street game did he?

While the Kinect is out Cheapy should let Tai try Happy Action Theater. Huge hit with my 5-year old and her friends. Kinect Sesame Stree TV is also a home run.

#22 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

Why would he turn on his 360 or ps3? He has a PC. Like I don't get it. You want it to go unstated that it's superior, but object to him using it?

Anyone that still plays a 360/ps3 is a masochist anyway. I think that also explains why Wombat is obsessed with comments making fun of him.

Yay. Someone has revived the platform flame wars again. Been missing from the comments for far too long. Now it's time for me to say how awesome what I have is and how everybody else is stupid. Wheee.

#23 KillingMachine

KillingMachine

CAGnificent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

Now that Cheapy and Ship both do some PC gaming, I'd like to see a bit more coverage of PC indie bundles. Ship talked about the Indie Royale last week and that was pretty cool. So, more of that.

And yes, I'd like to be considered for some Half Minute Hero goodness. :)

#24 basston3s

basston3s

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

Your opinions of the pacing in Borderlands mirror my own. I am playing with my brother, and often times I am able to slow down. However, when I'm playing with others it's hard to go through everything without feeling like you are holding the group back. Especially since they built little phrases like, “we’re waiting on you!” I am also conflicted by the addition of a more grandiose story. The flat story in the first Borderlands works well with the multiplayer. It doesn’t matter if you don’t hear every little bit of the story. I definitely get the feeling that I’m missing a lot of the story in this one. I may have to do a solo run just get all the little bits of story.

#25 PrarieD0G

PrarieD0G

Hikikomori

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

Thanks for the PC/Xbox360 comparison on Borderlands 2. I was trying to decide which system to get it for, but you guys sold me on the PC version for the better graphics and sub-par co-op experience in general. Also, I agree with Cheapy--FPS are almost always better with keyboard and mouse. How much did you guys spend on your PCs again? I want to build a new one to hopefully last me into the next console generation, but I'm not sure how much money I should put into it.

Thanks again for pumping out these shows every week, I always look forward to listening.

PS: Half-Minute Hero code would be cool.

#26 Falion

Falion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

Great show. The comments about the slow downloads on PS3 reminded me that I've been downloading Tokyo Jungle on-and-off for three days now. Maybe I'll actually get to play it next week...

I'd love to play the new One Piece game, but the inevitably slow download combined with having to clear out space will keep me from doing so for a while.

Please enter me in the Half Minute Hero contest. I absolutely loved the PSP version!

#27 Menta

Menta

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

Interesting to hear you guys chat about wanting to rush through Borderlands when you are playing multiplayer. Then Shipwreck saying that's how he felt in Diablo 3. I had my first multiplayer session of Torchlight 2 this week (you guys need to play that - no chat on it?, seriously shits on D3) and everyone was doing the same. They wouldn't even stop to swop class based loot!

Yes, I'd love a Half-Minute Hero code.

Mentazm

#28 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

I'm interested in a Half Minute Hero code :)

Great show guys. I've listened to several podcasts the past year, but I just wanted to mention some of the things that attract me to the CAGcast over some of my other regular gaming podcasts. I appreciate the members' more eclectic tastes at some points, and I'd love it if you all would talk more about certain games that many other reviewers will pass up (case in point: foozball and NHL with Cheapy, NBA Baller Beats and Tokyo Jungle with Shipwreck, um... Bratz Diamondz for Wombat? I kid I kid...) It's hard to find in depth conversations from the gaming industry for niche games at times, as it seems that every podcast talks about the same games week to week.

Also, if you're in the mood for over the top movies, I "recommend" Riki-Oh. It's a horrible yet hilarious movie with tons of violence... the catch is, not only is the violence unbelievable, I think it's intentionally so.
http://en.wikipedia...._Story_of_Ricky
Posted Image

#29 24thdoor

24thdoor

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

Comments:

- I'm surprised that Cheapy prefers mouse & keyboard to gamepad. Is that just a Borderlands thing? I can see the speed/efficiency advantages, but Cheapy never struck me as that type of gamer. I find a controller way more comfortable and only use M&K for macro & click-centric games (RTS, Blizzard stuff, etc.)

- You sound terrible, Wombat. Go to bed and get well soon.

- Thanks for going a whole show without mentioning doodie!

Obligatory chime-in for a half-minute hero code.

#30 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

Show Notes

2:30 Watch This: The Cabin in the Woods
4:30 Watch This: Animated Wonder Woman
5:45 Haven't Yet Watched This: The Dark Knight Returns
7:30 Haven't Yet Watched This: The Avengers
8:45 Show Feedback: Wiimotes/WiiU
16:45 New Releases
17:00 Dead or Alive 5
19:00 FIFA
22:00 The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
23:15 Angry Birds Trilogy
24:45 Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
25:15 Tokyo Jungle
25:30 One Piece: Pirate Warriors
29:15 Darksiders II DLC
30:00 WoW: Mists of Panderia
30:15 Half Minute Hero something-or-other
34:15 Borderlands 2
45:30 Resident Evil 6
48:30 Avengers: Battle For Earth
52:00 NHL 13
53:15 NBA Live 13
53:30 2013 - NextGen for Xbox but not PS?
55:00 EA losses due to 2 cancelled NBA Live games?
57:45 Black Ops 2 Zombie mode
1:01:30 Forza Horizon (with a $50 season pass)
1:03:30 Mass Effect Trilogy
1:05:30 WiiU launch lineup
1:09:15 Iphone 5
1:12:15 Cagbag: PAX Australia
1:16:00 Elgato HD capture device
1:18:15 CAG site update
1:19:00 Mrs Ship on Cagcast to discuss Borderlands 2