seamoss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
166 (100%)
GetGames has a new GetLoaded deal. This time around there are three options:

1. You can get both of the following two games for $30:

• Sleeping Dogs
  • Hitman: Absolution
Although it's not explicitly stated, I'm assuming both of these are Steam codes since they are Steamworks games.

2. You can pick any two of the following games for $10:

• Quantum Conundrum (DRM: Steam Keycode)
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution (DRM: Steam Keycode)
  • Dungeon Siege III (DRM: Steam Keycode)
  • Just Cause 2 (DRM: Steam Keycode)
  • Order of War (DRM: Steam Keycode)
  • Tomb Raider: Underworld (DRM: Non Steam Keycode)
  • Battlestations: Pacific (DRM: Steam Keycode)
  • Hitman Blood Money (DRM: Steam Keycode)
3. You can get all the above games for $45.

This deal will be available for 72 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great deal, to bad I have all the games I'd want out of those. Binary Domain is worth grabbing if you go in on this deal.

Pardon my ignorance but am I right to assume that the Keycode activation on Barman AC is for GFWL and not for Steamworks?

[quote name='Mike UFC']Pardon my ignorance but am I right to assume that the Keycode activation on Barman AC is for GFWL and not for Steamworks?[/QUOTE]

Correct. Not Steam.

[quote name='hal']Correct. Not Steam.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunate, but I can wait and not be a digital hoarder for a day.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I told myself I'd wait for the Super Ultimate Gold version of Civ.[/QUOTE]

You're a very patient CAG :)

I'm thinking Binary Domain but not too sure if I really want Stronghold 3. Heard some pretty meh things about it. I already own the rest except MoW and I don't care for that franchise.

I purchased Batman and Binary Domain.

This may help someone if they receive the "input string not in a correct format" error at the end of the install. This is due to what appears to be a faulty install package from the download.

I found the error mentioned on a thread on Gamersgate which helped me successfully install the GetGames download.

http://www.gamersgate.com/gametutor?issue=239191

Scroll down to the bottom of that thread and find the post from Alcifer for a clear explanation. Basically the install path can't contain spaces. So for my Win 7 64 bit system, I found the installation folder at

C:\ProgramData\GetGames\Batman Arkham City Game of the Year edition

I copied this to c:\ root and renamed it to batman
c:\batman

Ran setup.exe from this directory and I was able to install and start the game without errors.

[quote name='mestrocker']This site is confirmed to work though right?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they're fine.

I ended up convincing myself to get Stronghold 3 with Binary Domain. Most impressions I've seen seem to think its a mediocre game. It looks like its right up my alley though. I love building and castles and the middle ages so hopefully I have some fun with it.

I was trying to hold off on buying any more games until Steam's BF sale, but $15 for BD and Batman AC: GOTY is just too good to pass up.l

[quote name='Kronodar']I purchased Batman and Binary Domain.

This may help someone if they receive the "input string not in a correct format" error at the end of the install. This is due to what appears to be a faulty install package from the download.

I found the error mentioned on a thread on Gamersgate which helped me successfully install the GetGames download.

http://www.gamersgate.com/gametutor?issue=239191

Scroll down to the bottom of that thread and find the post from Alcifer for a clear explanation. Basically the install path can't contain spaces. So for my Win 7 64 bit system, I found the installation folder at

C:\ProgramData\GetGames\Batman Arkham City Game of the Year edition

I copied this to c:\ root and renamed it to batman
c:\batman

Ran setup.exe from this directory and I was able to install and start the game without errors.[/QUOTE]

I kept getting error and was about to contact them. Thanks for posting this.

I bought Batman AC and Stronghold 3 because I already had all of the others except Men of War. If anybody want's the Stronghold 3 code for $5 via PayPal PM me. It doesn't look like anything I want to add to my already huge backlog.

EDIT: Sold

Man if BAC was for steam I'd be all over this. But now I need to think. I know it'll be on sale during the next steam sale, but for $7.50?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Man if BAC was for steam I'd be all over this. But now I need to think. I know it'll be on sale during the next steam sale, but for $7.50?[/QUOTE]

Same boat...goddammit. Space Marine, Civ5, and that game Binary Domain all look pretty intriguing as well (don't have a single game in the offer).

Would Binary Domain/Civ5 be a good bundle? Not familiar with either but I've heard good things. But the reviews on BD look pretty iffy. BD+BAC would be it if BAC was Steam.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Man if BAC was for steam I'd be all over this. But now I need to think. I know it'll be on sale during the next steam sale, but for $7.50?[/QUOTE]

How do you know?

& I've never had experience with Steam's BF sales.

[quote name='MC Kage']Same boat...goddammit. Space Marine, Civ5, and that game Binary Domain all look pretty intriguing as well (don't have a single game in the offer).

Would Binary Domain/Civ5 be a good bundle? Not familiar with either but I've heard good things. But the reviews on BD look pretty iffy. BD+BAC would be it if BAC was Steam.

How do you know?

& I've never had experience with Steam's BF sales.[/QUOTE]

I've heard good things about BD and Civ 5 is a good turn based strat. I've heard peopel call Civ 4 better but Civ 5 is easy to get into and learn. The game holds you hand but not overly so.

Plus in civ 5 units can no longer stack upon each other... at least not millitary on military or worker on worker.

[quote name='Fire2box']I've heard good things about BD and Civ 5 is a good turn based strat. I've heard peopel call Civ 4 better but Civ 5 is easy to get into and learn. The game holds you hand but not overly so.

Plus in civ 5 units can no longer stack upon each other... at least not millitary on military or worker on worker.[/QUOTE]

Ok cool, good to know the learning curve isn't too great in Civ5, I'm not a huge turn-based strat fan as I am RTS.

Still on the fence

[quote name='MC Kage']Ok cool, good to know the learning curve isn't too great in Civ5, I'm not a huge turn-based strat fan as I am RTS.

Still on the fence[/QUOTE]

If you're on the fence because of Binary Domain I would say go for it. I played it on the PS3 and really enjoyed it. It's not groundbreaking in any way, but IMO it's a very good third person shooter with decent story.

Definitely worth $7.50.

[quote name='Jokerkun890']If you're on the fence because of Binary Domain I would say go for it. I played it on the PS3 and really enjoyed it. It's not groundbreaking in any way, but IMO it's a very good third person shooter with decent story.

Definitely worth $7.50.[/QUOTE]

Appreciate the fb, I'm not so much worried about getting BD in the pack, since its Steam and it seems pretty good like you said, I just don't know if B:AC, at least for GFWL is worth it. It'd just really rather have it on Steam :cry: & V4oLDbOY said that it'll be in the next Steam sale.

KaOTiK - my bad man, I didn't mean to sound like I don't want BD lol, more so what the other game to pair with would be.

MC Kage, na it wasn't directed at you but anyone that was in the situation where they just wanted one game really that wasn't BD lol

Great deal if you're in the market for these games. I got BD for $8 from GMG on Thursday and just beat it last night. Took me about 8 1/2 hours total and although it started kinda slow and dry I ended up really liking the game and story. If I didn't get Shogun I may consider getter Civ5 and Batman, but I think I'm gonna pass.

[quote name='MC Kage']Appreciate the fb, I'm not so much worried about getting BD in the pack, since its Steam and it seems pretty good like you said, I just don't know if B:AC, at least for GFWL is worth it. It'd just really rather have it on Steam :cry: & V4oLDbOY said that it'll be in the next Steam sale.

KaOTiK - my bad man, I didn't mean to sound like I don't want BD lol, more so what the other game to pair with would be.[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that Batman: AC (and AA for that matter) requires the use of GFWL whether you use Steam or not. I think in this case, Steam just acts as the installer in the same manner as if you buy it from this site, gamefly, gamersgate, etc.

[quote name='MC Kage']Appreciate the fb, I'm not so much worried about getting BD in the pack, since its Steam and it seems pretty good like you said, I just don't know if B:AC, at least for GFWL is worth it. It'd just really rather have it on Steam :cry: & V4oLDbOY said that it'll be in the next Steam sale.

KaOTiK - my bad man, I didn't mean to sound like I don't want BD lol, more so what the other game to pair with would be.[/QUOTE]

No matter where you buy it, Batman: AC (PC) flat-out requires G4WL period - like it or not...

[quote name='aheineken']My understanding is that Batman: AC (and AA for that matter) requires the use of GFWL whether you use Steam or not. I think in this case, Steam just acts as the installer in the same manner as if you buy it from this site, gamefly, gamersgate, etc.[/QUOTE]

Right.

By getting Batman: AC from Steam, you're also tossing Steam DRM on top of G4WL DRM.

Though, it's possible - like other G4WL required games that are on Steam (this trick works for Steam versions of RF:G, GTA4, GTA4: EFLC, etc) - you probably could boot the game w/out Steam by running the EXE file from the actual game folder; OR make a SHORTCUT of the EXE file directly from the game folder and booting that shortcut up.

[quote name='KaOTiK']MC Kage, na it wasn't directed at you but anyone that was in the situation where they just wanted one game really that wasn't BD lol[/QUOTE]

Oh aight haha

Oh my bad y'all, my point wasn't clear. I understand that it requires GFWL, I just didn't know if it was worth it by only having it through GFWL when I could have it on Steam as well. I don't mind GFWL, its a bonus to me honestly, I just like to have my games registered through Steam as well if I can at all, you know so friends know what I'm playing and just know its there, have the game hub and everything. I just like to utilize it as an interface is all. I ended up getting Binary Domain & Arkham City anyways (BAC been great), appreciate the help

[quote name='jamesbrown']why is Binary Domain have such a low rating for the PC?[/QUOTE]

Probably b/c the MP is nothing special.
SP is VERY good, though.

[quote name='seamoss']New GetLoaded deal is up - OP updated.[/QUOTE]
no wonder Im not seeing the games people are talking about...

[quote name='radioactivez0r']God damn, BD and Civ V for $15 sounds outstanding, but I told myself I'd wait for the Super Ultimate Gold version of Civ.[/QUOTE]

I think if you really (think you) want to play Civ V, pick up just the base game for cheap (iirc, it's hit ~$5 a few times, $4 in Jan for me on Amazon after coupon, and then pick up the really-totally-complete-Civ-V whenever that happens.

[quote name='gunscell']They have Sonic Generations for $7.48, is this the lowest its been?[/QUOTE]

I think I got it for $5.xx from GMG a few weeks ago

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Same problem as last time: I want Batman: Arkham City but don't want (or already have) the rest.[/QUOTE]

If you want B:AC for $10 id pay $5 paypal for Darkness 2

This 2 for $15 deal sounds good, but I've never heard of GetGames before. Would someone be able to give me some info about them? Things like customer service quality, reliability/legitamacy, ease of download (for non steam games) etc. Basically anything's that might be helpful. It's just that I already have accounts with 6 different digital download sites (Steam, Amazon, Origin, Gamersgate, GOG, & GMG) and I'm really not interested in opening a new one with a site I know nothing about. Thanks.

[quote name='aronater']This 2 for $15 deal sounds good, but I've never heard of GetGames before. Would someone be able to give me some info about them? Things like customer service quality, reliability/legitamacy, ease of download (for non steam games) etc. Basically anything's that might be helpful. It's just that I already have accounts with 6 different digital download sites (Steam, Amazon, Origin, Gamersgate, GOG, & GMG) and I'm really not interested in opening a new one with a site I know nothing about. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

If you get games that activate on Steam you just get two CD keys to enter on Steam and that's it.

If not Steam, you just get a cd key for GFWL i believe

[quote name='MrshllJcb']I think I got it for $5.xx from GMG a few weeks ago[/QUOTE]

I forgot that one
Remember couldn't get that and Binary Domain cause of a credit card and paypal problem

[quote name='r4itolol']If you get games that activate on Steam you just get two CD keys to enter on Steam and that's it.

If not Steam, you just get a cd key for GFWL i believe[/QUOTE]
Does that mean that they don't sell any standalone games (non steam/gfwl)? And why 2 steam keys?

What is the DRM on these things? I've always wanted to play Warthog and Black Shark but was waiting for a proper steam sale for them.

bread's done
Back