Sony PULSE wireless stereo headset - Elite Edition - $137.54 @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:29 PM

Using these right now and I love them! The BassImpact provides the user with another level of immersion.

#32 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

You can only use one at a time with the ps3. It was the same with the previous set as well.

Bummer...Thanks, man.

#33 styl3s

styl3s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:41 PM

How is the headset compared to the Tritton 720s? I am in the market for a new headset for gaming/blu-rays.

#34 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

I have the previous set, and I love them. I hardly use them anymore since I have my surround set in my room. No complaints whatsoever.

#35 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

I wish they worked with the vita wirelessly instead of using a cable if they had i would have been all over them.

#36 jasnmb

jasnmb

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

I know that these work with Blu ray movies, but does the virtual surround sound also work with Netflix and Hulu?

#37 sikct9a

sikct9a

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

They couldn't come out in the worst time. Just like last year, I'll tell the wifey what I want for Christmas.

#38 Draknight

Draknight

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:14 PM

I've had these for over a week from newegg and they are much better than the previous model. I also got them for the same price with a newegg promos. Best part is that they also work wireless with tv. Granted you have to wire the 3.5 mm jack to the dongle for it to work, but so far it works well though not a true surround sound.

#39 cjtiger300

cjtiger300

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

I already bought these. They are pretty much amazing!!!!!

#40 cjtiger300

cjtiger300

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

I know that these work with Blu ray movies, but does the virtual surround sound also work with Netflix and Hulu?

Yep!

#41 cjtiger300

cjtiger300

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

How is the headset compared to the Tritton 720s? I am in the market for a new headset for gaming/blu-rays.

I've owned both and these are far superier to the 720's.

#42 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

$129.95 on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/...n-/261104984199

#43 Video-Gamer

Video-Gamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

These will be $100 or less very soon.

#44 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

I've been putting these through their paces, and while they're good, they're not great. Sound quality is good enough, though it seems a bit flat compared to other headsets without bass impact turned on.

If you want to use them with Vita or 3DS I'd get something else because they lose all their features (even volume control) when plugged in via the 3.5mm jack. If you use the usb dongle in conjunction with the 3.5mm it'll work fine, but then you lose portability sense you need a usb power source near you at all times.

I'll be happy to answer questions if you guys have any.

Update: I don't know why, but my headset now works properly when wired. Maybe it just needed to be broke in first before volume/bass impact became available? So I guess just ignore what I said earlier.

#45 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

These will be $100 or less very soon.

That would be the sweet price tag for me, I love the design of this headset, very tempted to buy it at $130.

#46 jgiovanni

jgiovanni

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

@serpentor, if you like it then buy it. I bought a pair from ebay and use it almost every night when I am watching the TV and the wife sleeps. (hooked up the usb dongle to the tv and wired the 3.5mm cable from the TV headset output to the dongle and everything seems to be working).

jgiovanni.png

Please check out DCUVHD.com for all UV/ITunes movie trading needs!

#47 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

Had mine for a week, use it a lot, great headset.
-----------
My half.com store - click me

Sorcery, Dungeon Siege III, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce & more...

#48 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

Just out of curiosity but can these possibly work for the Xbox somehow? I have the lesser version of this headset and was thinking about selling those on Craigslist and returning my turtle beach x12 and get these. Probably a stupid question but just wondering as these have an output plug in on the USB dongle

#49 jumpiestranger2

jumpiestranger2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

Just out of curiosity but can these possibly work for the Xbox somehow? I have the lesser version of this headset and was thinking about selling those on Craigslist and returning my turtle beach x12 and get these. Probably a stupid question but just wondering as these have an output plug in on the USB dongle

According to Destructoid they work on the xbox but not all functions work. Heres the link to the article.

#50 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

According to Destructoid they work on the xbox but not all functions work. Heres the link to the article.

Thanks for the link jumpie, I think I'm just going to stick to my headsets since the virtual surround sound won't work with the Xbox but definately would snag a pair of these if I hadnt already bought the lesser version earlier in the year