Yakuza: Dead Souls $15.90 ($20.80 Shipped) PlayAsia

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 MrEKO73

MrEKO73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:35 AM

Hey guys, searched Forums and Prices. Didn't see anyone have this one up yet.

Yakuza: $15.90 + 4.90 Shipping. (PS3)

http://www.play-asia...-j-70-4err.html

#2 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:39 AM

http://www.zavvi.com...s/10574441.html
Zavvi has it shipped cheaper.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#3 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:38 AM

except that it's the PAL ver, DLC is region locked! Also my last shipment from them came literally destroyed, slow shipping as hell and came damaged!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#4 MrEKO73

MrEKO73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

except that it's the PAL ver, DLC is region locked! Also my last shipment from them came literally destroyed, slow shipping as hell and came damaged!

I've never ordered from Zavvi, but Play Asia has never done me wrong. I also like how Play Asia clearly tell you if a game is region locked or not. Some games are PAL, but can still play in North American consoles.

#5 MrEKO73

MrEKO73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

Its a little over $16.00 U.S. w/shipping I think its a little more than Play Asia. Not sure - Zavvi doesn't tell you what shipping is upfront without typing in your info. Its Free ship for UK orders though.

#6 junghu

junghu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

Unless I have to, otherwise ill stay away from Zavvi. They always charge you extra in fees, if you look your credit card statement.

#7 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

I've never ordered from Zavvi, but Play Asia has never done me wrong. I also like how Play Asia clearly tell you if a game is region locked or not. Some games are PAL, but can still play in North American consoles.

Most PS3 games are region free. However, there are a few region games that are locked on PS3 actually, I can't recall at the moment...

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#8 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:01 PM

Just double checking, this is the US release version right? Im assuming thats what the little US flag picture means? Wanted to make sure before i considered ordering it. I havent ordered anything from PA in a while but they have always shipped quickly and packaged their stuff well. Like someone else mentioned that can NOT be said for Zavvi
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#9 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

Just double checking, this is the US release version right?

The "Further Info" section of the page states that it's the US version.

#10 no_exit

no_exit

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

Unless I have to, otherwise ill stay away from Zavvi. They always charge you extra in fees, if you look your credit card statement.

To be clear - Zavvi doesn't charge the extra fee, it is the credit card company charging a currency conversion fee. There are some credit cards (like Chase Sapphire) that do not charge a currency conversion fee.

#11 morpheus47

morpheus47

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:24 PM

If not for the bad reviews I'd have picked one up.

#12 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:40 AM

is this actually a good price? I wanted to wait for ~15 bucks for this. Yakuza 4 droped to about 10 at one point. Any chance this will hit that, or was this a lower print game?

^_^x KD
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#13 DuffHomer

DuffHomer

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:59 AM

is this actually a good price? I wanted to wait for ~15 bucks for this. Yakuza 4 droped to about 10 at one point. Any chance this will hit that, or was this a lower print game?

^_^x KD

Yes get it now, it's gonna be a rare title later, sega tends not to reprint there titles...

#14 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

you're kidding. None of the other Yakuza games are rare or pricey

#15 DuffHomer

DuffHomer

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

you're kidding. None of the other Yakuza games are rare or pricey

Yakuza 2 is rare, at least a new copy the price on that thing is crazy!

#16 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

When I wrote that post I immediately thought Yakuza 2 but I was too lazy to update it and hoped you wouldn't catch that omission.

Jerk.

#17 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

well i just ordered it. I figured an extra 5-6 bucks isn't that big a deal on the chance that it will become hard to find instead of just hitting the <$15 price point.

I actually heard the games kinda terrible. WIth horrible shooting mechanics, but i have all the others so may as well get this one

^_^x KD
\-Clicky Here-\

#18 tenike1

tenike1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

well i just ordered it. I figured an extra 5-6 bucks isn't that big a deal on the chance that it will become hard to find instead of just hitting the <$15 price point.

I actually heard the games kinda terrible. With horrible shooting mechanics, but i have all the others so may as well get this one

^_^x KD

I have the platinum trophy for the game and obviously have spent a lot of time playing it. The shooting mechanic thing is overrated. I think the game requires you to aim with the left analog stick... kind of unusual. Either way, it is something that a gamer should be able to adapt to. There's no reason to condemn a game because of its controls. I've killed myself with grenades many times because I think it's the reload button from the previous game I was playing. It's just a fact of video game life that controls differ from game to game. The bottom line is this: if you liked Yakuza 3 and Yakuza 4, then you will like this game. If you didn't like Yakuza 3 and 4, then this game is not for you. I've been waiting for a $15 price point and this is good enough for me. I sold my original copy I pre-ordered from gamestop because the cover was creased.

tenike1.png
tenike1.png

#19 Mateo66

Mateo66

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:36 AM

Damn! Was trying to make up my mind the past day or so and decided to bite but now the deal is dead.

#20 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:59 AM

I have the platinum trophy for the game and obviously have spent a lot of time playing it. The shooting mechanic thing is overrated. I think the game requires you to aim with the left analog stick... kind of unusual. Either way, it is something that a gamer should be able to adapt to. There's no reason to condemn a game because of its controls. I've killed myself with grenades many times because I think it's the reload button from the previous game I was playing. It's just a fact of video game life that controls differ from game to game. The bottom line is this: if you liked Yakuza 3 and Yakuza 4, then you will like this game. If you didn't like Yakuza 3 and 4, then this game is not for you. I've been waiting for a $15 price point and this is good enough for me. I sold my original copy I pre-ordered from gamestop because the cover was creased.

Never played Superman 64 i see? ;P Heh, seriously though, some of the gameplay videos i saw made it look pretty bad. Stuff like players getting stuck in a constant knock down loop with enemies, ect

I've actually only played Yakuza 1 despite owning 2, 3, and 4. I DID play the demo for 4 and enjoyed it though, so thats probably a good sign

^_^x KD
\-Clicky Here-\

#21 tenike1

tenike1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

Never played Superman 64 i see? ;P Heh, seriously though, some of the gameplay videos i saw made it look pretty bad. Stuff like players getting stuck in a constant knock down loop with enemies, ect

I've actually only played Yakuza 1 despite owning 2, 3, and 4. I DID play the demo for 4 and enjoyed it though, so thats probably a good sign

^_^x KD

Let me put it this way. There are crybabies out there who will put a GOOD game down because the button layout isn't to their liking - it doesn't mean that the game is bad.

IF you get knocked down in a swarm of zombies, especially early in the game without any decent weapons or a shotgun, you are going to have a very difficult time getting back up. Sometimes it can be impossible. Try your best to avoid being cornered or swarmed. When in the infected areas, sometimes it's best just to avoid the zombies all together. Just run to your objective.

tenike1.png
tenike1.png