Frys.com: PS Vita $199.99

Something tells me this will be a standard price come Black Friday, but they'll be throwing a game and/or memory card in too ...

Spidey sense says hold strong and wait ... we're only 2 months away

sould be MSRP by now I think, what with the lack of games. Really thought and hoped Sony could do better.

They ate the costs of selling PS3's in the black but the handheld division gets no support. It wouldn't be so bad if they lowered the prices on the memory cards either.

[quote name='Fire2box']sould be MSRP by now I think, what with the lack of games. Really thought and hoped Sony could do better.

They ate the costs of selling PS3's in the black but the handheld division gets no support. It wouldn't be so bad if they lowered the prices on the memory cards either.[/QUOTE]

There were no games a few months ago. There are games now (It has been out only about 7 months and will be many more games in the next 2 months not to mention Playstation Plus support.

Find a new argument.

[quote name='GBAstar']There were no games a few months ago. There are games now (It has been out only about 7 months and will be many more games in the next 2 months not to mention Playstation Plus support.

Find a new argument.[/QUOTE]

I don't think he needs a new argument - even Sony has admitted that software support is a problem. It's a huge issue.

[quote name='GBAstar']There were no games a few months ago. There are games now (It has been out only about 7 months and will be many more games in the next 2 months not to mention Playstation Plus support.

Why? When that one is so easy to just say without any proof or evidence? Never mind that even since launch, the amount of must play Vita games rivaled that of the amount of must play 3DS games. But then, all of a sudden, those games aren't good games, blah, blah, blah.

[quote name='Fire2box']sould be MSRP by now I think, what with the lack of games. Really thought and hoped Sony could do better.

They ate the costs of selling PS3's in the black but the handheld division gets no support. It wouldn't be so bad if they lowered the prices on the memory cards either.[/QUOTE]

There are 30 games out for a 7 month old system with another 10 on the way by the end of the year. That might be one of the best launches on a console in a calendar year ever. Am I missing something? Most of the games that game out are pretty good too :whistle2:k I think most people that complain about the Vita are the people who don't own them. My one and only issue with the device is the price of the memory cards. It's a good device, Sony needs to do a better job advertising, they're supporting it fine, just not publicly.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']There are 30 games out for a 7 month old system with another 10 on the way by the end of the year. That might be one of the best launches on a console in a calendar year ever. Am I missing something? Most of the games that game out are pretty good too :whistle2:k I think most people that complain about the Vita are the people who don't own them. My one and only issue with the device is the price of the memory cards. It's a good device, Sony needs to do a better job advertising, they're supporting it fine, just not publicly.[/QUOTE]

It's a great launch but Sony knows they need more third party support.

http://kotaku.com/5947482/sony-was-surprised-how-few-people-wanted-to-make-games-for-vita

I personally bought my Vita because of P4G. But after they announced things like Cross-Buy, PS+ for Vita and upcoming titles like Soul Sacrifice (which looks amazing) I'm not regretting my purchase one bit. Also anyone who is planning or has a Vita should get LBPV it's the best LBP yet.

Not a Sony fan by long shot, but Vita is one of the best handheld of recent times. Was playing Uncharted last few days & its a great showcase of Vita's features
Am impressed!!

[quote name='chibamm']No one is comparing it to the 3DS. I think it's fair to just judge the Vita on it's own merits, downward comparision gets you nowhere.

Like the previous poster said, even Sony knows its an issue.

http://www.destructoid.com/sony-vp-john-koller-admits-the-psp-overrun-with-ports--234703.phtml

http://www.destructoid.com/no-vita-price-cut-in-2012-says-sony-233280.phtml[/QUOTE]

People are always comparing it to the 3DS. Also, no one says there's no games for the 3DS in 3DS threads yet that's all you hear when the Vita is brought up. It's ridiculous. I guess if you don't like games then you won't think there's games.

One person said there was no games, then when someone responded with a giant list of awesome games, he meant there's no JRPG's. What the fuck?

It doesn't need more games it needs a cheaper price. $200 isn't too bad, but it should have launched at $200 max. Sony should have waited to get costs down and launch at a break even price then profit in the long run. Look how fast Nintendo cut the 3DS price and look at the wonders it did. Sony could be the same boat once it hits $180 or cheaper.

Anyways It's selling like crap. Let's see what Sony does in the holidays to increase sales.

The ps vita is really a great machine. I have been playing on this thing non-stop since I got it in July. I guess I just don't see the "lack of games" argument. Sure, sony admitted that it has been a challenge getting 3rd party to support it. But even at the current level of 3rd party support, there are plenty of great games to play.

My kids and I all have a ps vitas and 3ds. I can tell you with confidence that we have all been playing our vitas significantly more than our 3ds lately.

memory card prices are the biggest priority, imo

sony should work on gettin those prices down asap....then work on getting the Vita MSRP down.....followed by lowering game prices (how else are those games going to compete with $.99 iOS games?)

sony should also get their PS Mobile program out ASAP.....GET EVERY WORTHWHILE ANDROID APP/GAME ONTO VITA STAT!!!

[quote name='cargo555']memory card prices are the biggest priority, imo

sony should work on gettin those prices down asap....then work on getting the Vita MSRP down.....followed by lowering game prices (how else are those games going to compete with $.99 iOS games?)

sony should also get their PS Mobile program out ASAP.....GET EVERY WORTHWHILE ANDROID APP/GAME ONTO VITA STAT!!![/QUOTE]
I wouldn't say the memory cards needs "work" to have lowered prices. Memoery cards generally don't suffer from the tedium of yield learning, so my guess is it's more of a business decision.

sony should also get their PS Mobile program out ASAP.....GET EVERY WORTHWHILE ANDROID APP/GAME ONTO VITA STAT!!![/QUOTE]

I didn't buy a Vita to play fucking android games

that being said... good idea though :D. It certainly would sell units

Been playing and enjoying Uncharted and Gravity Rush lately! I do agree that Sony has to do something to get this great handheld into more hands, lowering prices or offering better bundle values is a start. The memory card prices definitely need to drop too.

Lack of quality games really isn't much of a factor any longer, and some of the upcoming releases look quite good as well. I've got Ragnarok Odyssey Collector's Edition already pre-ordered (through one of the Newegg pre-order deals), can't wait for that one!

Last edited by a moderator:

By being much better in quality and in every way, shape, and form. If you think a Vita game should be priced anywhere near $0.99, you need your head examined. Mobile games are distractions. Give me Hot Shots Golf over 100 of your best $0.99 games any day.

[quote name='cargo555']

That's gonna be SUPER-fun as long as Sony doesn't try and turn those 99 cent apps into $20 apps.

........No offense to Asphalt:roll:. I like Gameloft, but adding "Injection" isn't going to get me to pay $30-$40 for it.

[quote name='Cygnus11']The ps vita is really a great machine. I have been playing on this thing non-stop since I got it in July. I guess I just don't see the "lack of games" argument. Sure, sony admitted that it has been a challenge getting 3rd party to support it. But even at the current level of 3rd party support, there are plenty of great games to play.

My kids and I all have a ps vitas and 3ds. I can tell you with confidence that we have all been playing our vitas significantly more than our 3ds lately.[/QUOTE]

I've had a vita since launch and I just don't understand what you have been playing non-stop for example? I played lumines, uncharted, sound shapes and a bit of gravity rush...other than that I guess there are downloadable psp games? (minus LBP which I haven't gotten yet) Nintendo of course is spitting out sequels and remakes which people eat up (guilty, but hey i don't own an N64 anymore) while Sony is having the same console games out now just put right onto the Vita.

Even Sony themselves stated that most Vita owners are also PS3 owners...so while the minority will be impressed that they can play Rayman Origins, Mortal Kombat, and MvC3 on a handheld...the rest of us already played those on our PS3/Xbox and are wondering when some actual games are going to be released.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='XT14']I've had a vita since launch and I just don't understand what you have been playing non-stop for example? I played lumines, uncharted, sound shapes and a bit of gravity rush...other than that I guess there are downloadable psp games? (minus LBP which I haven't gotten yet) Nintendo of course is spitting out sequels and remakes which people eat up (guilty, but hey i don't own an N64 anymore) while Sony is having the same console games out now just put right onto the Vita.

Even Sony themselves stated that most Vita owners are also PS3 owners...so while the minority will be impressed that they can play Rayman Origins, Mortal Kombat, and MvC3 on a handheld...the rest of us already played those on our PS3/Xbox and are wondering when some actual games are going to be released.[/QUOTE]

I've been playing Uncharted, Mutant Blobs, Lego HP (didn't play that one on the console), Motorstorm RC, Virtua Tennis, LittleBigPlanet, countless PSP games (which I never got around to playing), and a few minis. On top of that I use the vita as my go-to YouTube and media player. Granted, I don't have that much time to play games at this point in my life, but the vita has been my primary console since I got it in July.

My list of games to buy in the near future for the vita includes - Ragnorok, Assassin's Creed, New Little King's Story, Soul Sacrafice, Sly Cooper, Guacomelee, ... These will all be out in the next 6 months.

I guess my point is that there are plenty of games to play on this thing and the arguement of "no games" is really not valid.

I just bought 9 games on the Walmart sale so I might bite on this. Waiting 2 months to maybe get a game I already have doesn't seem worth it.

I feel like this thread should be more popular. Everyone has been demanding a price drop, do they think it would drop more than $50?

Picked up a Vita off ebay (140 with an 8 Gig card and Hot Shots) and love the system. I will agree that memory prices NEED to come down if they want their digital distribution to take off. There's a few games that I won't buy right now digitally (PSP ones) because of limited space on my card.

PS+ support in two months.. PSV has what less then 75 PSV games at least 25% or more are stuff no one would want from the start. I like the idea of it getting the same games as PS3 but it also needs it's own games.

Also apparently you misread/skipped the part where I want the system to do good. Find someone else to dump your disappoint off onto.

hmm $200 is not a bad deal, but I think the Assassins Creed Vita is the better deal at the moment.
I'll probably wait for that when I get myself a Vita.

I've been playing Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Escape Plan, Dungeon Hunter Alliance, Super Stardust, LittleBigPlanet, Motorstorm RC, and Disgaea 3 on my Vita. Hands down my favorite handheld of all time and I've owned almost every Nintendo handheld and a PSP.
I also want Resistance and Wipeout but have been holding out for price drops.
As for upcoming games I'm definitely getting AC:L day one and I'll prob. get COD.
Anyone on the fence shouldn't be. Shit Disgaea 3 alone is easily 100+ hours of gaming and any trophies you score count towards your overall PSN level.

[quote name='TheBomb69']I just bought 9 games on the Walmart sale so I might bite on this. Waiting 2 months to maybe get a game I already have doesn't seem worth it.[/QUOTE]

Is 2 months of playing those 9 games > waiting 2 months for a deal on a bundled system? I think so.

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']^ Well I think because it's only for Fry's and not everyone has one in their area to go to or price match.[/QUOTE]

This thread is for Frys.com, so anyone can order this, and tax free if you live in a state that doesn't have a Frys store...

Personally I am doing the same thing after buying a few games on the great walmart deal. I think there will be some good vita deals on black friday for sure. I think we may see deals on memory cards as well as even better deals then I have seen in recent weeks at Best Buy and Target (wi fi bundle with a game plus a $50 gift card). I am hoping there will be some nice deals on the assassins creed or black ops bundles which come out around black friday

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']This thread is for Frys.com, so anyone can order this, and tax free if you live in a state that doesn't have a Frys store...[/QUOTE]
I know, but not everyone prefers Fry's regardless. And I also of course figured it's what many have already about waiting for BF.

[quote name='Fire2box']PS+ support in two months.. PSV has what less then 75 PSV games at least 25% or more are stuff no one would want from the start. I like the idea of it getting the same games as PS3 but it also needs it's own games.

Also apparently you misread/skipped the part where I want the system to do good. Find someone else to dump your disappoint off onto.[/QUOTE]

The. Vita. Has. Only. Been. Out. 7. Months. Derp.

I count 35 physical games available for a 31 and a half week old system; thats 1.11 games per week not including digital games like Sound Shapes and Super Stardust Delta. I'm still not understanding the statement "Vita has no games!" These people must be hearing this from Fox News.

The Vita only has 56 good games (75 games minus the "25% no one would ever want")?!?!? You're right, that's nothing. I changed my mind, the Vita has no games.

If Sony cared about the Vitas sales they would do what Nintendo did and give it a price drop. They have no excuse given that the REQUIRED memory cards have insane profit margins which likely offset any lost revenue on the system itself.

Actually Sony has been really stingy with price drops on all their systems for the last few years. Even PSP never saw a decent price drop until it was already dead in the west. And PS3 still retails for what, $250 or something?

I don't think it's fair to say the Vita "has no games." I do believe it is perfectly fair however to say that the Vita has very, very few games that I want to play.

It's a personal opinion really, and I think people making their arguments as "facts" don't realize the relativity of it.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Is 2 months of playing those 9 games > waiting 2 months for a deal on a bundled system? I think so.[/QUOTE]

What kind of bundle do you think is coming?

My problem with the Vita is that some developers are handing off their big franchises to crappy studios. Good examples are Resistance:BS, Madden and soon to be COD:BOD. The Vita has amazing specs and power, I just hope we start to see it put to use.

[quote name='ch2423']My problem with the Vita is that some developers are handing off their big franchises to crappy studios. Good examples are Resistance:BS, Madden and soon to be COD:BOD. The Vita has amazing specs and power, I just hope we start to see it put to use.[/QUOTE]

With the Vita version of Madden and COD, I think the issue is that these games are being rushed to market so they will be available this year. I am sure next year we will see better quality versions of these franchises...

[quote name='GBAstar']The. Vita. Has. Only. Been. Out. 7. Months. Derp.[/QUOTE]

your getting awfully angry at someone for posting their thoughts on the Vita's situation.

Again Sony has willingly eaten the costs of selling PS3's at a loss and it worked there. Nintendo slashed the price of the 3DS, it worked there. Blackberry slashed the price of the playbook, it worked there. Now Sony is stating they have no intentions of doing so with the Vita despite its clearly lacking sales. This isn't going to win over developers and neither is their propriety memory cards.

I am glad you care this much about *MY* opinion though.

[quote name='Fire2box']your getting awfully angry at someone for posting their thoughts on the Vita's situation.

Again Sony has willingly eaten the costs of selling PS3's at a loss and it worked there. Nintendo slashed the price of the 3DS, it worked there. Blackberry slashed the price of the playbook, it worked there. Now Sony is stating they have no intentions of doing so with the Vita despite its clearly lacking sales. This isn't going to win over developers and neither is their propriety memory cards.

I am glad you care this much about *MY* opinion though.[/QUOTE]

What part of his posts suggest anger?

I still have a massive amount of unplayed PSP and DS games. I dont play handhelds much, so this is lackluster.

Looking at the "top" games for the VITA, they aren't anything I wouldn't rather play on my PS3 or PC, so I'd agree with the statement that the VITA doesn't have any games that I couldn't find elsewhere or would rather play elsewhere.

I love the DS for quirky, ambitious titles and puzzles and the PSP for DJ Max and a small handful of RPGs/Lumines. Oh, Valkyria Chronicles II.

No "GOT TO HAVE ITS!" right now, sadly. Looking through my normal tinted glasses, I can see why our peers would claim there "aren't any games," and do so without being snarky or trolling.

This is the general argument for why the Vita is poor system. Here are all the Vita games with an 80 or higher MetaCritic average:

88 Rayman Origins (Inferior console port.)

88 LittleBigPlanet (Milked. Forth LBP in four years with no significant changes to the franchise's formula.)

86 Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (Budget download game.)

85 Mortal Kombat (Inferior console port.)

84 Sound Shapes (Budget download game.)

84 Gravity Rush

83 Lumines: Electronic Symphony (Glorified iOS/Android game.)

83 BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend (Inferior console port.)

82 Super Stardust Delta (Budget download game.)

81 Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Inferior console port.)

80 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (B-team Uncharted.)

80 Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Inferior console port.)

It's arguably a very thin lineup filled with inferior console ports, budget download games, and little else.

Worse yet, it's 2013 lineup is extremely thin, and there are continuous reports (including from Sony themselves), that Sony is having a difficult time securing third party support for the Vita. The present is bleak and the future looks even bleaker.

^ Can you please take the time to do the same as it pertains to the 3DS and its lineup seven months after launch?

I mean everyone is so quick to compare pricepoints but I think you'd be shocked if you looked at what was available 7 months after launch on both consoles. Of course you'd have to take your blinders off...

Hell if I didn't have ambassador status I wouldn't have put an hour into my 3DS (I bought it at launch) until Super Mario 3D Land came out.

It's okay to hate on Sony but at least have a solid argument

Having the ability to save your progress in user created levels is a extremely big change to the formula. Also, how come a "budget download game" is viewed so negatively? I have plenty of "budget

download games" on my 3DS as well and they are a blast. Calling Lumines a "Glorified iOS/Android game" I don't even...

bread's done
Back