(DEAD) Best Buy Upgrade and Save returning 10/7 - 10/20

• Please log in to reply
477 replies to this topic

#391 irighti

irighti

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

I say that every time, then find myself finding ones to pick up on the cheap...often ones I never really had any intention of owning.

#392 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

picked up these 3 for $26

Red Dawn
Paranormal 3
Nightmare before christmas

#393 jedifrog21

jedifrog21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

Sweet pickup today. I wanted the three Xmen Blus and brought up the combo packs by accident, as they were all that was left. Rang up wrong, of course, but customer service said they'd honor the sticker anyway! So even though I was blind, they gave me the three Xmen combo packs for $5 each(after coupon)! Also picked up the Kevin Smith Trilogy thing for $5, Stargate Anniversary for $7, and The Sting for $7 after Universal coupon and $5 coupon

#394 dchrisd

dchrisd

F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

I dont mind mixing bluray with dvd, but I really really hate the movie organize by genre thing Best Buy is doing since movies can cover multiple genres. Looked all around the story for Neverending Story yesterday. Thought it might be drama, so I checked there, wasn't sure if it was organized by T (the) or N so I checked both spots. Wasnt sure if I was in the wrong spot or if it was out of stock, so I checked sci fi, action, then comedy (maybe, it has some funny parts), finally came across the dvd in the family section (wanted the blu ray). Guess it makes sense in family (didnt see that section before) but I see this becoming a problem down the line (Batman Under the Red Hood was in family, I would have guessed action).
Posted Image

#395 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

Yea, Batman stuff is under Action, Family, AND TV Shows. As are most comic book stuff.

#396 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

Not really, just go on myrewardzone.com and put in the number at the bottom of the receipt along with the total.. couldn't be easier.

Yea but it's easier when they just input your number and its done at the store...Argh so many people quoted my post and I put now instead of know.

Formerly known as slickkill77

#397 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

Turned in a DVD, but couldn't find anything I wanted. Will check again next week and see if any newly on sale BDs catch my eye, and just grab something in any case.

Hopefully I don't have issues since they just gave me a photocopied coupon this time rather than an original, and they never give any recycling receipts at this BB any of the times I've used this program.

Update on this....used the copied coupon with no problems whatsoever today. Cashier just scanned it with out comment.

Got an e-mail that I had a $5 reward zone certificate expiring today so hit the store to use both. Just got the 4 disc (3D) version of Prometheus. I was leaning toward that when I couldn't find anything last week, but it was sold out at the time. 3D is moot for since I don't have a 3D TV, but I wanted the extra documentary.

Edited by dmaul1114, 18 October 2012 - 12:03 AM.

#398 fight_the_youth

fight_the_youth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

Posted Image
Prometheus (Blu-ray 3D)
$24.99 - 5.00 MFC - 5.00 upgrade = 14.99

Posted Image
Prometheus
19.99 - 5.00 MFC - 5.00 upgrade = 9.99

Posted Image
Chronicle
17.99 - 5.00 MFC - 5.00 upgrade = 7.99

Posted Image
Shark Night
16.99 - 5.00 MFC - 5.00 upgrade = 6.99

#399 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

My BB did a restock I guess, so I was able to grab the last copy of Taken for $5 with another $10 movie money coupon! Great deal. I did the phone check upgrade too, so no dvd trades today, which is good, since I traded all my unwanted DVDs to BB over the last few U&S sales.

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#400 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

Hey where did you see the coupon for Prometheus 3D on coupons.com or are you just figuring the one listed should work on 3D as well?
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#401 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

Did a five item pick up yesterday:

Madagascar 3 3D combo pack - $24.99
Alcatraz Complete Series - $24.99
Pete's Dragon - $12.99
The Dictator - $4.99
Moonrise Kingdom - $14.99

Previous pick ups:
Great Mouse Detective - $14.99
Immortals 3D combo pack - $14.99

Might be it for me, save picking up Red Dawn with the movie cash attached.

Is that rated XXX?

#402 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:20 AM

Posted Image
Prometheus (Blu-ray 3D)
$24.99 - 5.00 MFC - 5.00 upgrade = 14.99

Posted Image
Prometheus
19.99 - 5.00 MFC - 5.00 upgrade = 9.99

Posted Image
Chronicle
17.99 - 5.00 MFC - 5.00 upgrade = 7.99

Posted Image
Shark Night
16.99 - 5.00 MFC - 5.00 upgrade = 6.99

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in"

I'm going to try for a $5 price adjustment with the prometheus coupon.

#403 Mikerocosms

Mikerocosms

Deal Sniper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:36 AM

Is this the last week of this promotion?

M

#404 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:09 AM

OP says it ends 10/20, but I would find out via BB since the only source I see so far is from a blog.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#405 dchrisd

dchrisd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

Both the Best Buy ad and the Trade In Certificate shows that it expires Oct 20th.
Posted Image

#406 bizman316

bizman316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:56 AM

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in"

I'm going to try for a $5 price adjustment with the prometheus coupon.

OK. So I got Prometheus last week with the upgrade and save. So if I take my receipt and this coupon with me to best buy would they refund the $5?

#407 Chief Keef

Chief Keef

GBE 3hunna

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:17 AM

I'm gonna go tomorrow and get the CM Punk Blu for $20 with the coupon.

Dirty Sprite baby that's that dirty citrus

Flexin on these niggas bally total fitness

I'm in LA at LA fitness

What I'm doin bitch I'm tryna get some bitches

BANG 3 COMING SOON ~~~~ 300 

#408 likeme

likeme

LOVE ME SOME RPG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:02 AM

Hey where did you see the coupon for Prometheus 3D on coupons.com or are you just figuring the one listed should work on 3D as well?

My wife just got prometheus 3D for 14.99 using the upgrade coupon and $5 off coupon from coupons.com

Edited by likeme, 18 October 2012 - 04:14 AM.

#409 dchrisd

dchrisd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:15 AM

Are the extras on the Prometheus 3d version worth it? Trying to decide between the combo pack and the 3d version (dont care about the 3d bluray movie only curious about the additional special features)
Posted Image

#410 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:28 AM

Are the extras on the Prometheus 3d version worth it? Trying to decide between the combo pack and the 3d version (dont care about the 3d bluray movie only curious about the additional special features)

Absolutely worth it. If you have any interest at all in the moviemaking process, the Alien/Prometheus mythology, or Ridley Scott, the primary 220-min making-of documentary is a must-see. The extras are definitely not fluff, promo pieces. They're legit, behind-the-scenes examinations of how this movie got made. I've collected around 3,000 DVDs and BDs over the years, and I think Prometheus' extras disc ranks as one of the best I've seen.

#411 KOPITARRULEZ_11

KOPITARRULEZ_11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:31 AM

DVD version is $24.99, BluRay version is $29.99. Says so clearly on the shelf tag and whomever put them out dropped them in the wrong slots in the display.

You should be lucky they didn't tell you that you were wrong and showed you the shelf tag showing that the DVD version, not the BluRay version, was $24.99.

The sticker on the case said 24.99 and it rang up for 29.99. The weird part was the coupon didn't take it off so she manually rang it up for 19.99

#412 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

OK. So I got Prometheus last week with the upgrade and save. So if I take my receipt and this coupon with me to best buy would they refund the $5?

Same thing I am wondering.

And, I am so NOT feeling that movie. Weird.:-s Got the 3D version. Glad I missed it in theaters.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#413 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

Thanks to everyone for posting their pick-ups. Normally i could care less about those type of posts but it really helps with this kind of thread. Only purchase i kind of regret is Rampart. That movie is just too slow for me. I did notice that Woody is in every single camera shot(well scene more so). That was kinda different and I respect the hell out of small budget and Indie movies....this one was just not for me though.

Gonna go Fri, to pick up my last haul, all the non $5 flicks I've yet to get

#414 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

One last time :)

I really hope we can get a better OP next time!

Here are deals in this weeks ad (Now live)

Prices are after U&S coupon

$39.99
Boardwalk Empire S2

$34.99
Walking Dead S2

$29.99
Grimm S1
Spartacus S2

$24.99
Alcatraz (Compleye Series)
Entourage S8
Hatfield's & McCoy's
Magic City S1
Madagascar 3 3D
Mad Men S5

$19.99
Prometheus 3D
Walking Dead S1

$17.99
Chernobyl Diaries
Madagascar 3

$14.99
That's My Boy
Five Year Engagement
Snow White and the Huntsman

$12.99
Pete's Dragon
Hangover 2
Footloose
Horrible Bosses

$4.99 (live Sunday)
Madagascar 1
Madagascar 2
The Dictator
MI: Ghost Protocol
The Blind Side
Office Space

------------------------

Ongoing

$4.99 after coupon

8 Mile
40 Year Old Virgin
50/50
Alien
Alien 3
Aliens
An American Werewolf in London
ATM
The Blind Side
Cast Away
Daybreakers
The Dilemma
Drive Angry
Donnie Darko 10th anniversary
Dumb and Dumber
Everything Must Go
Evil Dead 2
The Expendables
Fargo
Fight Club
Friday The 13th (remake)
Friday The 13th (uncut)
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
The Haunting of Molly Hartley
Hannibal
The Human Centipede
The Human Centipede 2
I Spit on Your Grave
The Incredible Hulk
The Innkeepers
Jeff Dunham: Minding The Monsters
Jennifer's Body
Killers
The Lincoln Lawyer
A Little Bit of Heaven
Little Fockers
Magic
Margin Cell
Meet The Fockers
The Next 3 Days
Nightmare on Elm Street 2/3
Norbit
Office Space
Planet of the Apes
Platoon
Predator
Primal Fear
Pulp Fiction
Rampart
RED
Red Dawn
Saw VI
Scream 2
Scream 3
Shaun of the Dead
The Silence of the Lambs
The Switch
Taken
There's Something About Mary
X-Men
X-Men 2
X-Men: The Last Stand

#415 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

The extra $5 off is really tempting, shame you have to buy the 3D blu-ray to get the extra features.

Guardian_owl.png

#416 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

Man, I had just convinced myself, as bad as I wanna see prometheus in 3D, that $20 is too much..but for $15, I HAVE to go by. I can probably get 5-10 for the 2D blu-ray if nothing else on eBay.

#417 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

Same thing I am wondering.

And, I am so NOT feeling that movie. Weird.:-s Got the 3D version. Glad I missed it in theaters.

It's BB policy to accept 1 manufacturers coupon and 1 best buy coupon on the same item. I've ran into lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of customer service employees who don't believe this is BB policy. It's ymmv.

#418 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

It was announced not too long ago that Best Buy will be matching Amazon's price for the holidays and the BB employee I talked to today said that they're already matching Amazon and will continue to do so after the holidays; that said, I tried to get a price match on 'The Nightmare Before Christmas 3D' and the cashier seemed to not see any problem with that.

I did, however, run into an issue when I tried to also use an Upgrade and Save coupon and was told by a manager that I, unfortunately, would have to choose between the price match or the U&S coupon (the Amazon price is 30.95 and the price after U&S is 29.99... so it's essentially a wash since I could just buy it on Amazon and not have to pay taxes)... has anyone else been able to get both? Is this ymmv or is it just not gonna happen?

#419 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

It was announced not too long ago that Best Buy will be matching Amazon's price for the holidays and the BB employee I talked to today said that they're already matching Amazon and will continue to do so after the holidays; that said, I tried to get a price match on 'The Nightmare Before Christmas 3D' and the cashier seemed to not see any problem with that.

I did, however, run into an issue when I tried to also use an Upgrade and Save coupon and was told by a manager that I, unfortunately, would have to choose between the price match or the U&S coupon (the Amazon price is 30.95 and the price after U&S is 29.99... so it's essentially a wash since I could just buy it on Amazon and not have to pay taxes)... has anyone else been able to get both? Is this ymmv or is it just not gonna happen?

Unless they've changed how the register works, as soon as you do a price adjustment by manual adjustment or via price match, coupons tend not to work.

A PM is also the "other deals and promotions" section that the coupon legal says it won't work with.

#420 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

Apparently I won't sit this one out after all. I just picked up the 4 disc set of Prometheus for $15. I don't care for the idea that I have to buy the 3D edition if I want any extra features, but I couldn't justify skipping out on the bonus disc for only $5 more.

It's amazing the difference that an extra $5 makes on movie decisions :D