(DEAD) Best Buy Upgrade and Save returning 10/7 - 10/20

• Please log in to reply
477 replies to this topic

#421 jedifrog21

jedifrog21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

Unless they've changed how the register works, as soon as you do a price adjustment by manual adjustment or via price match, coupons tend not to work.

A PM is also the "other deals and promotions" section that the coupon legal says it won't work with.

I think it depends on your CS. When they price-matched and the coupon didn't work he said it's cause they PM'ed it, and I said it works on ANY Blu $9.99 and up and they overrode it. So YMMV I'd say

#422 outcastjon

outcastjon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

It was announced not too long ago that Best Buy will be matching Amazon's price for the holidays and the BB employee I talked to today said that they're already matching Amazon and will continue to do so after the holidays; that said, I tried to get a price match on 'The Nightmare Before Christmas 3D' and the cashier seemed to not see any problem with that.

I did, however, run into an issue when I tried to also use an Upgrade and Save coupon and was told by a manager that I, unfortunately, would have to choose between the price match or the U&S coupon (the Amazon price is 30.95 and the price after U&S is 29.99... so it's essentially a wash since I could just buy it on Amazon and not have to pay taxes)... has anyone else been able to get both? Is this ymmv or is it just not gonna happen?

I tried last week to get a price match on Rock of Ages from Toys r' Us and use an U&S coupon, but their system wouldn't let both go through. Previous times the system would let both go through, but they must have updated the system.

#423 Finch106

Finch106

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:14 AM

I think that's just asking to get cancelled. I did three for in-store pickup (one for each of my girls, and an extra for our collection of Disney plush). Now let's see if I get the ready for pick-up email.

UPDATE: Got the email saying it's ready for pickup. Not a bad .03 spent!

Well, I never got a shipping conformation, but I got mine today from UPS. Not a bad $.03 at all lol.

#424 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:20 AM

Well, I never got a shipping conformation, but I got mine today from UPS. Not a bad $.03 at all lol.

Nice! I still haven't picked mine up, but I've gotten a pick up reminder. I'll probably head there tomorrow to get them.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#425 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:41 AM

hmm, I am debating should I get the Stargate: Atlantis set for 75. It is a pretty good deal but not sure if it is worth 75 since i watch them before and amazon prime have them to watch for free.

#426 Pounce!

Pounce!

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:25 AM

Nice! I still haven't picked mine up, but I've gotten a pick up reminder. I'll probably head there tomorrow to get them.

I had a 2 plush order. Upon pickup they couldn't find the second one. They offered to hold one at a store a bit away. (gas > desire). Told them to keep my penny. Concerned Rep was extremely glad I didn't "go into a rage fit".

At least I got my Taken and Fight Club w/HMM. Maybe that kept me calm...:lol:

btw, for every good deal at BBY, something wrong happens with me...and I remind them!

#427 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:46 AM

It's BB policy to accept 1 manufacturers coupon and 1 best buy coupon on the same item. I've ran into lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of customer service employees who don't believe this is BB policy. It's ymmv.

Hmmm... Thanks! I might give it a try this weekend.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#428 consoleman

consoleman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:14 AM

It's BB policy to accept 1 manufacturers coupon and 1 best buy coupon on the same item. I've ran into lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of customer service employees who don't believe this is BB policy. It's ymmv.

It's definitely ymmv. In the previous round of u&s, I must have went to 3 best buys and used manufacturer coupons with u&s coupons with no problem. Today, I went to one where the manager absolutely refuse to take both coupons at the same time (for people in NYC, avoid Atlantic Ave. store like the plague if you're trying to use coupons of any kind not only during u&s but to fair to them, they do pricematch Target sometimes even without the ad) even when I argued that I had no problems using both coupons in 3 other stores in the city. All she had to say is that's what happens when they don't read the terms of the u&s coupon. I wanted to respond it's not like your store is going to lose anything since the coupon would be honored by the manufacturer but didn't want to waste my breath as I know she wouldn't budge for anything. Guess I'll hit a different store tomorrow. Only went to this one to pick up a movie the other stores ran out of.

#429 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:16 AM

Picked up Prometheus 3D (actually for the 3D and not the extras) and Alien Anthology today. Ended up getting both for $11.18 out the door after 2 U&S coupons, the 2 $5 off manufacturer coupons, and a $25 RZC.

Debating on whether or not to go back tomorrow and grab Avatar 3D before the deal ends on Saturday.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#430 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:15 AM

hmm, I am debating should I get the Stargate: Atlantis set for 75. It is a pretty good deal but not sure if it is worth 75 since i watch them before and amazon prime have them to watch for free.

It's as cheap as they've been and it looks pretty good on BD. Sounds great.

I picked mine up for about that price from Borders right before they went out of business and have been enjoying the purchase.

#431 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

Question to anyone who has used MovieCash offered through any of these Blus/DVDs:

Have you ever had any luck using the coupon(s) for any movie BESIDES what is listed?

i.e. I have 3 Taken 2 coupons, and my gf and I plan to go on a double date tonight with 2 of our friends to see Sinister. I was thinking of using all the moviecash to get 3 of us in.

I suppose if worse comes to worst, you could just go into a different theater around the same movie time?

I just paid for Taken 2 last week, which we all 4 saw...and i really don't feel like seeing it again

#432 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

Apparently I won't sit this one out after all. I just picked up the 4 disc set of Prometheus for $15. I don't care for the idea that I have to buy the 3D edition if I want any extra features, but I couldn't justify skipping out on the bonus disc for only $5 more.

It's amazing the difference that an extra $5 makes on movie decisions :D

I'll likely not get Prometheus but I know what you're talking about. Don't have a 3D TV and I don't know if I will.

I did the same thing for the Avengers 3D combo pack when Target had it for $20. I ended up PMing it at BB and using the mystery $5 cert to get it for $15. Only thing I missed out on was the Target exclusive disk which would have been nice to have.

#433 jedifrog21

jedifrog21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

Picked up:

Apollo 13
Bourne Supremacy
Bourne Ultimatum
Spartacus

All Universal 100 Anniversary combos for $7 each after coupons. Picked up RED for $5

#434 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

Question to anyone who has used MovieCash offered through any of these Blus/DVDs:

Have you ever had any luck using the coupon(s) for any movie BESIDES what is listed?

i.e. I have 3 Taken 2 coupons, and my gf and I plan to go on a double date tonight with 2 of our friends to see Sinister. I was thinking of using all the moviecash to get 3 of us in.

I suppose if worse comes to worst, you could just go into a different theater around the same movie time?

I just paid for Taken 2 last week, which we all 4 saw...and i really don't feel like seeing it again

Most of the coupons have the movie title name in big letters, so it would likely depend on how attentive the cashier is. That being said, I have never attempted this, so I don't know.

#435 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

I still haven't had time to head down there yet, but I think I might make a trip tomorrow since it's the last day.
Posted Image

#436 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

Finally made it to BB and ended up with four of the Lucifer plush. Also picked up while I was there:

Human Centipede 2
Red Dawn
The Switch

They also had a few copies of Dark Void :360: for 3.99, so I snagged one of those as well.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#437 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

Didn't get as much as I usually get since I didn't have as many spare DVDs this time but I'm happy with what I got.

Alien Anthology $19.99 after mfr coupon and U&S
Prometheus 3D $14.99 after mfr coupon and U&S

$4.99 each for:

Bloodsport/Timecop
From Dusk Till Dawn 4 pack
Madagascar
Madagascar 2
Predator
Predator 2

#438 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

Thanks for the head's up on the coupons.com coupons for Prometheus and the Alien Anthology. $15 and $20 respectively after both coupons/promos are applied is a no brainer. While Prometheus felt a bit too cliched and phoned in, it was still quite enjoyable, especially at $15 for the full combo pack.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#439 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

Honestly they don't care. They get reimbursed by the studio/company. You can pretty much go see any movie as employees don't care and pretty much management doesn't care as long as you don't cause trouble, don't record the movie and buy their over priced food. I have two taken 2 tickets that I plan to waste on another movie. BTW T2 was good....good enough for a third one.. hmm...but in all honesty the first one didn't need a second movie...nor does the second one need a third movie.

#440 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

All the time. Those are manufacturer's coupons treated as cash by the theaters. Worst case, you just buy tickets to the movie specifically referenced on the "movie bucks" or whatever, then exchange the movie tickets at customer service. Or if it's a movie that you want to watch that you know isn't going to be sold out, then just go and watch the movie you want to watch...

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#441 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

Finally made it to BB and ended up with four of the Lucifer plush. Also picked up while I was there:

Human Centipede 2
Red Dawn
The Switch

They also had a few copies of Dark Void :360: for 3.99, so I snagged one of those as well.

I was able to get 3 orders of 3 shipped for .09 total, but they changed the online price to $5 now. I forgot to look in store when I was there today.

#442 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

I was able to get 3 orders of 3 shipped for .09 total, but they changed the online price to $5 now. I forgot to look in store when I was there today.

I have three more waiting at another BB that were ordered at .01, but it's kind of out of the way. Fortunately, I'm heading out that way this weekend, so I'll snag them then.

#443 sunnysky

sunnysky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

I had a spare $5 off coupon from trading in some a week ago.
Couldn't find anything great, but then ran across one copy of "Jeepers Creepers".
Sticker said 9.99. And no sign anywhere else.
It rang up as 7.99.
But the clerk was new and just gave me $5 off anyway.
Got it for $2.99 +Tax. Not bad.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/Falso+Reality"][/URL]

#444 howard

howard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

Thanks for making the original post Scorch and bringing it to my attention. I ended up getting Leon and Saw 7 for $5 each, and used another coupon in conjunction with a $10 reward certificate towards a wrestling BD.

#445 Vampjoe

Vampjoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:34 AM

Picked up:

Alien Anthology $20 after U&S and MFC
Prometheus 3D $15 after U&S and MFC
Predators $6 after U&S and MFC

I might go back and get Predator 1 & 2 to get that half of the universe just wish AVP wasn't $8 so I could use the U&S coupons on them.

#446 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:09 AM

Anyone think Workaholics 1+2 pack is worth it just for season 2? I watched all of season 1 the past couple of days on Netflix and found it pretty humorous.

Decided to take back Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, as my gf doesn't want anything to do with it after hearing about the scenes in it.

With that $7.99 back, plus U&S, ill only have to pay like $0.40 for Workaholics.

#447 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:11 AM

Anyone think Workaholics 1+2 pack is worth it just for season 2? I watched all of season 1 the past couple of days on Netflix and found it pretty humorous.

Decided to take back Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, as my gf doesn't want anything to do with it after hearing about the scenes in it.

With that $7.99 back, plus U&S, ill only have to pay like $0.40 for Workaholics.

Yes.

#448 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:14 AM

C'mon its only 8 poop dollars haha.

#449 xbox_mole

xbox_mole

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:27 AM

Picked up:

Pete's Dragon
Madagascar 3
Prometheus 3D (used the $5.00 coupons.com coupon too)
That's My Boy

Cashier was in training at Customer Service and his "trainer" pretty much refused me the $5.00 Prometheus Coupon as well at first. I explained since it was a manufacturer's coupon and BestBuy would be reimbursed from the manufacturer for it. Then I said I had other friends who used the coupon without problem. (All of you guys. :-) ) He pointed to the fine print about not valid with any other offers. I again stressed BB wasn't losing money on this. He finally told the trainee to put it in manually and if it accepted it then he'd give it to me. Trainee was really cool and was friendly and making idle chit chat. Actually one of the best Customer Service experiences I've ever had at BB.

#450 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:30 AM

I was finally able to stop in and pick up my one and only set of movies. Got:

Madagascar 1
Madagascar 2
Shaun of the Dead
The Dictator

The Dictator was a blind buy. To be honest, I'm not all that interested in seeing it. I had a few laughs watching Borat and Bruno, but they're not the type of movies I usually want to own. I just couldn't pass up the price for such a recent release. I figure I can get more than that selling it or I can possibly trade for a movie I want more on here or something.

453605.png
TheTsel.png