(DEAD) Best Buy Upgrade and Save returning 10/7 - 10/20

• Please log in to reply
477 replies to this topic

#91 crow3232

crow3232

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

saw some $7.99 today that the sale will still b going on for a few wks so cant get those.
but ill stick pick up some things maybe..ET, Dead Poets, possibly Predator 2. I might wait for Prometheus..

#92 irighti

irighti

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

Yes, it's the permanent price. And it's true that there isn't a way of knowing, as far as I'm aware of. New tags are printed out early Sunday morning and put out before the store opens. That's when Anderson Merchandising puts out the media tags and adjusts prices if it's called for.

Thanks for the info. It just seems like too great of a price to not just be a sale. Awesome news. Thanks again.

#93 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:24 AM

But Prometheus 3d will be $25 next week according to the bb weekly ad thread.

Oh thanks i just noticed.

#94 Pounce!

Pounce!

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:07 AM

Can't wait for reports of everyones U/S on Sale Blu/DVD Combos w/Free Movie Ticket!

Post Them!

#95 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:13 AM

I'm kind of shocked that some Best Buys are so weary of PMing anyone, let alone Amazon. I mean, the BB I work at is the only one in a 500 mile radius, but still. I have no problem PMing anyone. It's just weird to know that some stores are turning people away because they don't want to lose $8.

Yes, it's the permanent price. And it's true that there isn't a way of knowing, as far as I'm aware of. New tags are printed out early Sunday morning and put out before the store opens. That's when Anderson Merchandising puts out the media tags and adjusts prices if it's called for.

Probably because its Best Buy policy not to...

Does Best Buy match the prices of Internet retailers?
No. Best Buy does not match the prices of Internet-only retailers or the website prices of our local retail competitors' stores. If, however, a local retail competitor has the same or lower price as its online store and the customer can provide verification of the in-store price, Best Buy will match the price (so long as all other price match policy criteria are met).

Formerly known as slickkill77

#96 Travman93

Travman93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:35 AM

Thanks for the info. It just seems like too great of a price to not just be a sale. Awesome news. Thanks again.

No problem, dude! Glad I could be of some assistance!

And slickkill77, that's really interesting. I wonder why POS (the cashier/transaction program) lists Amazon, NewEgg, BestBuy.com, and others that I can't think of off hand as reasons for price adjustments.

#97 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

Nice. I hope there is a sale on Dark Knight Returns as $10 after $5 trade-in would be the perfect price for me.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#98 tenchi7

tenchi7

Flying Spaghetti Monster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

I really think this promo is counter productive for Best Buy as now I only buy there when I have the coupons, and when I am in I am always thinking, Ill just wait til the next promo.

#99 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:03 PM

Too bad the $20 price for Bug's Life ends today; that would have been a sweet $15 pickup tomorrow.
Posted Image

#100 Finch106

Finch106

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:54 AM

No problem, dude! Glad I could be of some assistance!

And slickkill77, that's really interesting. I wonder why POS (the cashier/transaction program) lists Amazon, NewEgg, BestBuy.com, and others that I can't think of off hand as reasons for price adjustments.

I think there is a loophole for those that live in the state that holds amazon's warehouse hq. It's a physical location.

#101 haruky

haruky

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:08 AM

Stopped by my BB today and saw that Se7en was available for $9.99.

#102 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:11 AM

Stopped by my BB today and saw that Se7en was available for $9.99.

Digibook?

#103 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:31 AM

Fight Club
Office Space
Taken
50/50

Are some of the $4.99 titles this week... I'll post more later it would be good to keep a running list in the OP for ref if possible!

Taken will more than likely have $10 movie cash for Taken 2. The disk I saw in Costco today did.

#104 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:37 AM

Fight Club
Office Space
Taken
50/50

Are some of the $4.99 titles this week... I'll post more later it would be good to keep a running list in the OP for ref if possible!

Taken will more than likely have $10 movie cash for Taken 2. The disk I saw in Costco today did.

thanks for the heads up. finally going to pick up Fight Club and 50/50. two of my favorite movies, i was just waiting on a great price for them.

#105 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

Here's a list of the $4.99 after trade-in movies:

Daybreakers
The Blind Side
Saw VI
Jennifer's Body
Fight Club
An American Werewolf in London
Friday The 13th (remake)
X-Men 2
Fargo
X-Men
There's Something About Mary
Taken
Primal Fear
Friday The 13th (uncut)
Office Space
8 Mile
Predator
Cast Away
Norbit
The Silence of the Lambs
Hannibal
Planet of the Apes
X-Men: The Last Stand
Red Dawn
The Haunting of Molly Hartley
I Spit on Your Grave
Jeff Dunham: Minding The Monsters
ATM
The Dilemma
The Incredible Hulk
A Little Bit of Heaven
Rampart
The Innkeepers
Evil Dead 2
The Human Centipede 2
50/50
Margin Cell
Nightmare on Elm Street 2/3
Pulp Fiction
Everything Must Go
The 40 Year Old Virgin
The Lincoln lawyer
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Platoon
Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Drive Angry
Scream 2
Scream 3
The Switch
Little Fockers
The Next 3 Days
Red
The Expendables
Meet The Fockers
Killers
Magic
The Human Centipede

From blu-ray.com

Please add to OP for ref

#106 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

Final Fantasy VII Advent Children, as well... List price 26.99...

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#107 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

First 9 1/2 pages all will be 4.99 after coupon this week, in case anyone was looking for a totally complete list. Most of these are not on sale and will likely be found in cheap bins and bargains on Black Friday, but still.

http://www.bestbuy.c...02015&gf=y&cp=1

#108 cagfansub

cagfansub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

Since some are not available in store, wondering if possible to order them online and pickup at store and then return it as re-buy with $5 off coupon with DVD trade ins?

#109 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

In for Taken, Watchmen, Wanted, The Departed, and Stakeland. For this trip anyways since the limit is 5 coups :roll:

#110 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

Now in alphabetical order:

8 Mile
50/50
A Little Bit of Heaven
Alien
Alien 3
Aliens
ATM
Cast Away
Daybreakers
Drive Angry
Everything Must Go
Evil Dead 2
Fargo
Fight Club
Friday The 13th (remake)
Friday The 13th (uncut)
Hannibal
I Spit on Your Grave
Jennifer's Body
Killers
Little Fockers
Magic
Margin Cell
Meet The Fockers
Norbit
Office Space
Planet of the Apes
Platoon
Predator
Primal Fear
Pulp Fiction
Rampart
Red
Red Dawn
Saw VI
Scream 2
Scream 3
Taken
The 40 Year Old Virgin
The Blind Side
The Dilemma
The Expendables
The Human Centipede
The Human Centipede 2
The Incredible Hulk
The Innkeepers
The Lincoln lawyer
The Next 3 Days
The Silence of the Lambs
The Switch
X-Men
X-Men 2

#111 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

I have a list of 40 I'b be interested in for $5 for most are only available for shipping to home...
so I guess I'm going to order them and hope that next week they don't go up in price.
Hell of a way to expand my blu-ray collection. Who needs to wait for Black Friday? :lol:

#112 crow3232

crow3232

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

thanks for the list. not many i havent seen or would want probably though. Maybe one or 2. and I think ill go to Target for ET, since i have $10 gc and its a little cheaper

#113 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

Currently waiting at CS at best buy and the employee had no clue the promotion starts today and couldn't find the coupons. He just sat nervously looking at his screen while the line behind me grew and grew.

I finally stepped aside and am waiting cause he said his manager is looking or the coupons, but doesn't think they came in yet.

Kinda sucks I have lunch plans and a funeral to go to in a bit. Not how I planned this would go, especially since I've never had problems at my BBY

#114 Irukandji

Irukandji

Gold Guns Girls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

Currently waiting at CS at best buy and the employee had no clue the promotion starts today and couldn't find the coupons. He just sat nervously looking at his screen while the line behind me grew and grew.

I finally stepped aside and am waiting cause he said his manager is looking or the coupons, but doesn't think they came in yet.

Kinda sucks I have lunch plans and a funeral to go to in a bit. Not how I planned this would go, especially since I've never had problems at my BBY

I had almost the same experience last time. Then the CS chick tried to tell me I had to trade in cell phones for coupons. I just pointed to the giant sign they had on the exit door advertising the Blu Ray upgrade coupon. The manager eventually found the coupons and nobody had ever heard of the promotion before, in spite of me using it every time.

card.png

#115 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

Anyone looking to purchase the $9.99 Predator, be forewarned. That sale title is the old 2008 edition; the 2010 edition is still $14.99.

#116 haruky

haruky

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

Now in alphabetical order:

You two are heros. Thanks a lot! :applause:

#117 Mikerocosms

Mikerocosms

Deal Sniper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

Same thing is going on right now at my local bb.

M

#118 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

Well my experience ended up being a success. They never found the coupons so the manager just told me to pick out the Blus I wanted and he'd do a $5 override on each title instead.

Ended up getting Taken and Watchmen. Watchmen oddly rang up $7.99 instead of $9.99, but the manager still gave me $5 off!

#119 Davinatorman

Davinatorman

CAGiversary?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

First time I jumped on this deal, managed to Fight Club, Red Dawn, Taken, Incredible Hulk, and Green Zone for 5$ each after coupon. Also picked up Blair Witch Project (blu-ray) which was 5$ already. Hoping to pick up some of Red, Red Dragon, Pulp Fiction, 2001, Traitor, The Truman Show, and Dogma on Tuesday. Good stuff. Unfortunately, I missed A Clockwork Orange since it oddly rang up as 7.99 instead of the 9.99 it was advertised as.

Also yeah, I had the same experience as some of the guys above. The CS reps had no idea the deal was going on, didn't have the coupons, so I brought the blu-rays up to them and they directly took off the price.

A question though: has anyone managed to get the Bestbuy.com price matched in store and then apply the 5$ off coupon? I'm hoping to find some way to do that, otherwise I'll probably won't be able to get some of the above at 5$.

#120 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

Now in correct alphabetical order (updated 6:22, 10/7):

8 Mile
40 Year Old Virgin
50/50
Alien
Alien 3
Aliens
ATM
The Blind Side
Cast Away
Daybreakers
The Dilemma
Drive Angry
Donnie Darko 10th anniversary
Dumb and Dumber
Everything Must Go
Evil Dead 2
The Expendables
Fargo
Fight Club
Friday The 13th (remake)
Friday The 13th (uncut)
Hannibal
The Human Centipede
The Human Centipede 2
I Spit on Your Grave
The Incredible Hulk
The Innkeepers
Jennifer's Body
Killers
The Lincoln Lawyer
A Little Bit of Heaven
Little Fockers
Magic
Margin Cell
Meet The Fockers
The Next 3 Days
Norbit
Office Space
Planet of the Apes
Platoon
Predator
Primal Fear
Pulp Fiction
Rampart
RED
Red Dawn
Saw VI
Scream 2
Scream 3
The Silence of the Lambs
The Switch
Taken
X-Men
X-Men 2

Edited by neocisco, 07 October 2012 - 10:23 PM.
new additions

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Luther season 3
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif