(DEAD) Best Buy Upgrade and Save returning 10/7 - 10/20

• Please log in to reply
477 replies to this topic

#121 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

Made a list of a dozen or so but no idea how many are unavailable for in store pickup...will have to dig through it I guess.
Posted Image

#122 bearkiss

bearkiss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

had a bad experience at my best buy this morning (which ultimately turned out good)...
was first in the store with a buddy - each of us had 5 to trade... arrived at 11am...
clerk(s) were clueless about the promotion going on or how to do it... they tried to tell me it wasn't going on etc but I pointed to their ad as well as the signage...
they got multi other clerks involved but none could find the bar code that needs to be attached to the receipt (I explained that there weren't 5 titles each of us wanted at this time - I was merely trading early so I could use the discount coupons on tuesday!)...
at 11:25 they were no closer to finding it than they were when I got there so thinking I had been patient enough, I requested a manager...
he comes over - tells the clerk that since they can't find the correct way to do the promotion, just "give them both $25 gift cards" since that was the total value of our 5 trades each and be done with it!
so I got the gift cards! now going to wait till tuesday when hopefully they'll know what they're doing and trade 5 more in - and use the coupon in addition to my gift cards!!! ultimately a win win for me, but kinda frustrating that the stores don't know how to handle this promotion...

#123 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

had a bad experience at my best buy this morning (which ultimately turned out good)...
was first in the store with a buddy - each of us had 5 to trade... arrived at 11am...
clerk(s) were clueless about the promotion going on or how to do it... they tried to tell me it wasn't going on etc but I pointed to their ad as well as the signage...
they got multi other clerks involved but none could find the bar code that needs to be attached to the receipt (I explained that there weren't 5 titles each of us wanted at this time - I was merely trading early so I could use the discount coupons on tuesday!)...
at 11:25 they were no closer to finding it than they were when I got there so thinking I had been patient enough, I requested a manager...
he comes over - tells the clerk that since they can't find the correct way to do the promotion, just "give them both $25 gift cards" since that was the total value of our 5 trades each and be done with it!
so I got the gift cards! now going to wait till tuesday when hopefully they'll know what they're doing and trade 5 more in - and use the coupon in addition to my gift cards!!! ultimately a win win for me, but kinda frustrating that the stores don't know how to handle this promotion...

Wow! I wish that would happen at my store. :applause:

#124 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

Hmm...they took in the series I traded in by disc because they came in those slim dvd packages.

Score! Since I have another 4 season of the show and they are all packaged the same. Guess I'm good on the dvd front

#125 tokerblue

tokerblue

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

Anyone looking to purchase the $9.99 Predator, be forewarned. That sale title is the old 2008 edition; the 2010 edition is still $14.99.

- They should also be warned that BOTH versions have absolute garbage transfers. IMO, not worth $5.

#126 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

In for Taken, Watchmen, Wanted, The Departed, and Stakeland. For this trip anyways since the limit is 5 coups :roll:

Does Taken have the Taken 2 movie $?

#127 jman2avatar

jman2avatar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, (I haven't done this before) so if I trade in two dvds would I get two coupons?

#128 Davinatorman

Davinatorman

CAGiversary?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

Does Taken have the Taken 2 movie $?

Yes, it has a 10$ coupon for Taken 2, at least my copy did.

#129 Nesmaster75

Nesmaster75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:40 PM

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, (I haven't done this before) so if I trade in two dvds would I get two coupons?

The way my Best Buy does it is they give you one coupon, but print out a receipt that shows how many movies you traded in and the cashier just scans the same coupon.
Posted Image

The O.C Re-runs on Soapnet
Remember The Black Donnellys? How about Saved?

#130 Luriden

Luriden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

You can add Dumb & Dumber and Donnie Darko 10th Anniversary to the list as well. Picked those up today along with Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake, Evil Dead 2, and Pulp Fiction.

FYI, Donnie Darko 10th Anniversary isn't worth the double dip if you already have the original version on Blu-Ray. I went to a used DVD store next-door to Best Buy and sold my old version for $4, so I upgraded to 10th Anniversary for $1, but they literally took the two discs from the older version (same artwork and all) and threw in a digital copy disc and a DVD copy, which had a few extra special features. Worth the $1 to upgrade I guess, not worth $5.

76561197977061647.png

#131 fight_the_youth

fight_the_youth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

Used the coupons to do a special order at customer service to have all these delivered to my house. Free shipping on all titles too. Added bonus used reward zone plus my shop kick for more points.
Posted Image
Vanishing Point 9.99 - 5.00 = 4.99
Posted Image
Night Watch 9.99 - 5.00 = 4.99
Posted Image
Day Watch 9.99 - 5.00 = 4.99
Posted Image
Fast Action 6 Pack 9.99 - 5.00 = 4.99
(only getting this for eXistenZ even though I heard it wasn't a good transfer on this collection. The single disc for that movie comes out Dec 04, 2012 and I can not wait for that so I went with this instead)
Posted Image
Stake Land 9.99 - 5.00 = 4.99

#132 bigdaddykyler

bigdaddykyler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

Has anybody have trouble doing a U&S with a 2 disc dvd that didn't have the bonus features /digital copy disc?

#133 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

Ran into a little trouble at best buy today. They weren't set up for the promotion yet, so they just manually priced the blus down by 5 bucks. Ended up buying Taken, 50/50 and Fight Club.

#134 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:23 PM

Has anybody have trouble doing a U&S with a 2 disc dvd that didn't have the bonus features /digital copy disc?

They barely even checked the dvd's when I traded them in last time. They just opened them up to make sure they were there and threw them in the bin

Formerly known as slickkill77

#135 sunnysky

sunnysky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

I was surprised to see the "I Spit on your Grave" Double feature for 4.99 after coupon.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/Falso+Reality"][/URL]

#136 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:24 AM

Hmm...they took in the series I traded in by disc because they came in those slim dvd packages.

Score! Since I have another 4 season of the show and they are all packaged the same. Guess I'm good on the dvd front

hope it works for me as well. i asked about the series comes in slim cases last time... but no one seems to respond to me if it works or not.

#137 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:36 AM

hope it works for me as well. i asked about the series comes in slim cases last time... but no one seems to respond to me if it works or not.

worked for me, traded in Season 2 of Flavor of Love (bought at thrift store for 3 bucks for this promotion). had three separate dvd slim cases and got 3 coupons out of it. didn't bring them in with the box set cover though.

#138 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

need to check RED and se7en. thanks!

#139 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:05 AM

Used the coupons to do a special order at customer service to have all these delivered to my house. Free shipping on all titles too. Added bonus used reward zone plus my shop kick for more points.

Awesome. I didn't know you could do a special order with the upgrade and save coupons. I think I will try this tomorrow. Do you have any tips about how I should go about doing this?

#140 Mikerocosms

Mikerocosms

Deal Sniper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:12 AM

Awesome. I didn't know you could do a special order with the upgrade and save coupons. I think I will try this tomorrow. Do you have any tips about how I should go about doing this?

I am curious about this as well.

M

#141 outcastjon

outcastjon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:48 AM

Posted Image
Vanishing Point 9.99 - 5.00 = 4.99
Posted Image
Night Watch 9.99 - 5.00 = 4.99
Posted Image
Day Watch 9.99 - 5.00 = 4.99
Posted Image
Fast Action 6 Pack 9.99 - 5.00 = 4.99
(only getting this for eXistenZ even though I heard it wasn't a good transfer on this collection. The single disc for that movie comes out Dec 04, 2012 and I can not wait for that so I went with this instead)
Posted Image
Stake Land 9.99 - 5.00 = 4.99

This is completely YMMV. I have tried to do this before after hearing people doing this and was denied.

#142 BoilerUp

BoilerUp

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:59 AM

Question pertaining to the 'Predator' discussion:

I have not seen this movie in YEARS. Have had my eye on it for awhile looking for a decent price and was pretty pumped with the BB upgrade knocking it down to $5. I did not know that there was 2008 (or was it 2007?) version AND a 2010 version. I have heard the 2010 version is the way to go, but BB just has the deal on the 2008 version-figures.

Anyway, the real question here is how bad is the transfer for the 2010 Ultimate Hunter version? Is it just bad in a few spots but overall good? Is it unwatchable? I've heard both ways, but without the first hand experience I cannot decide what to do.

Thanks!

#143 Luriden

Luriden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:51 AM

It's not unwatchable. The actors look a bit waxy and CGI at certain parts, particularly the beginning, but you get used to it. Once the action kicks in, you don't notice it as much. A better transfer would be nice, but I went with the 2010 version for the improved audio and (still very few) special features. The video quality is more true to the original in the 2008 version, it's just a grainy hell.

Posted Image

76561197977061647.png

#144 cagfansub

cagfansub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

I had almost the same experience last time. Then the CS chick tried to tell me I had to trade in cell phones for coupons. I just pointed to the giant sign they had on the exit door advertising the Blu Ray upgrade coupon. The manager eventually found the coupons and nobody had ever heard of the promotion before, in spite of me using it every time.

The communication among BestBuy staff is very poor. Their own CS team seems to be the last to know of any offer going on or now to process this kind of trade ins.

#145 tenchi7

tenchi7

Flying Spaghetti Monster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

Picked up 40 Year Old Virgin in a slipcase, take off the slip case, and remove the plastic, and undernealth it was the figital copy paper, and a second layer of plastic. So now I have the Digital Copy and a Unwrapped copy of 40 year old Virgin.

#146 v0yce

v0yce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

Will they accept HDDVDs for this?

I assume it's YMMV. I have an old Unforgiven HDDVD that I meant update to Blu Ray when WB was doing their Red to Blue thing, but I never did.

#147 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

^ not in my area. Tried that last time and they denied it.

#148 Travman93

Travman93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

The communication among BestBuy staff is very poor. Their own CS team seems to be the last to know of any offer going on or now to process this kind of trade ins.

The morning store meetings made absolutely no mention of this deal. The stacks of coupons were just left stacked at the CS registers and computers with no explanation as to why they were there.

#149 jman2avatar

jman2avatar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

Is the prometheus bonus disc that's included in the 3D version, 3D or 2D?

#150 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

Is the prometheus bonus disc that's included in the 3D version, 3D or 2D?

Can't wait until tomorrow to find this out as well. Gotta go with BBY for my copy, though, $19.99 after $5 off U&S can't be beat.

I picked up the last copies of Aliens and Alien3 yesterday along with one of many of Alien, Alien3 was also missing the slipcase unfortunately. I want a matching set, damn it! Customer Service and management also didn't know about the promo being back so they couldn't find the U&S slips. Just entered some promo code on the register and a receipt printed out with the promo code x 5.

EDIT: the store by my office had a bunch of Alien3 with the slipcase, so I was able to get one. Matching set FTW.

Edited by karkyco, 09 October 2012 - 12:41 AM.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif