Photo
- - - - -

Oct. 2012 @Gamer-$20 Dead Island GOTY, $45 Sleeping Dogs, $10 off used game $29.99+

• Please log in to reply
562 replies to this topic

#31 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:14 AM

THIS IS NOT THE $10 FALL SPECIAL COD ISSUE & IS NOT INCLUDED AS PART OF THE GAMERS CLUB UNLOCKED SUBSCRIPTION

Mag ... free with $15 Gamers club Unlocked(GCU) subscription.

Lolwut?

Mag has to been scanned along with barcode for GCU booklet or printout from gaming kiosk.

OK, just wut here. Obviously I'm not keeping up. What is the GCU booklet? Why would I need a printout from a gaming kiosk? I've just been having them scan the coupons from the magazine. Seriously, what am I missing?

Did people not pick up Sleeping Dogs during TRU 2 for $60?

People for whom $30/game <> CAG probably did not, no.

Edited by gantt, 29 September 2012 - 05:42 AM.

#32 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:15 AM

I'm still shocked at how great that 2 for $60 deal was and I still haven't opened DS II (did pick up a cheap copy of DS1 at Sears that I wanna beat soon). For anyone who hasn't picked up Sleeping Dogs yet I highly recommend you do so asap.

Also as a GCU member I feel that it's a huge rip off to sell the other magazine for $10. I can see $5, and would gladly pay it, but for $10 I'm gonna have to figure out what coupon other than the PS Plus I would even consider using.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#33 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:19 AM

Lolwut?

Might want to read the rest of the first sentence you quoted. He specifically says that (CoD edition) magazine is $10 and not included in membership. The second quote is for the magazine this month that is included in membership.
Currently playing:
:360: Dragon's Dogma
:ps3: Bioshock Infinite
:wii: The Last Story
:gc: None
:ps2: .hack//Mutation

XBL: Aerogenji
PSN: Aerogambit

#34 wingzero16

wingzero16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:21 AM

man if sleeping dog would get to 20$ id be happy
with the ME triliogy i didn't use any coupons this past month except to grab battlefield 3 for free.
hoping for a sleeping dog sale

#35 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:24 AM

I cant beleave how much angry birds is. Even with the coupon its so overpriced. Their ego has almost gotten activision big lol. Ill stick with my free android downloads
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#36 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:25 AM

Was hoping for Dragon's Dogma, damn :(

Games that sell well won't show up in the coupons. BB is only concerned with moving stock of games that aren't.

FYI, Dragon's Dogma is getting DLC next year with a new underground area, new monsters, plus a hard and speed mode.

#37 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:29 AM

My guess is that the magazine is $10 so best but gets half and activation gets half. Makes sense to me. C'mon people, it's two big businesses with $100+ worth of coupons. Someone has to actually make money art the end of the day

#38 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:37 AM

Might want to read the rest of the first sentence you quoted. He specifically says that (CoD edition) magazine is $10 and not included in membership. The second quote is for the magazine this month that is included in membership.

The sentence in the OP actually does say the opposite of what is intended.

Using "and" makes it sound like he's still talking about "This..." where he was referring to the October issue.

"This is not..." the COD issue...

"and is not..." included.

#39 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:40 AM

Nope, he says (well, shouts):
"THIS IS NOT THE $10 FALL SPECIAL COD ISSUE & IS NOT INCLUDED AS PART OF THE GAMERS CLUB UNLOCKED SUBSCRIPTION"

Fixed:
"This is not the $10 Fall Special COD issue (which is not included in the Gamers Club Unlocked subscription)"

Still too many negatives, but you get my point.

#40 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:43 AM

The sentence in the OP actually does say the opposite of what is intended.

Using "and" makes it sound like he's still talking about "This..." where he was referring to the October issue.

"This is not..." the COD issue...

"and is not..." included.

I must have corrected it as I read it. Still, it's fairly clear if you read the entire OP.
Currently playing:

#41 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:46 AM

Nope, he says (well, shouts):
"THIS IS NOT THE $10 FALL SPECIAL COD ISSUE & IS NOT INCLUDED AS PART OF THE GAMERS CLUB UNLOCKED SUBSCRIPTION"

Fixed:
"This is not the $10 Fall Special COD issue (which is not included in the Gamers Club Unlocked subscription)"

Still too many negatives, but you get my point.

An easier fix: "This is not the $10 Fall Special COD issue which is not included in the Gamers Club Unlocked subscription."

Don't need the parentheses.
Currently playing:

#42 sgr76

sgr76

Talk it < Living it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:46 AM

Thanks for the info....

*Yawn* So what else is going on??? Is this the Best Buy??? I expected more but it seems like they are destined to be another competitor that tried but failed. First they steal a month from us and then they come back with mediocre sales/coupons. Thanks but no thanks... The interest was there but i will pass on another year of magazines and coupons that do not get used.
Posted Image

#43 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:49 AM

Are the coupons stating the price of the game will be X after it is applied, or are you placing the value on the game? If it is the first scenario, I will not be renewing because the coupons will make a sales drop invalid. The coupons will always carry the same value. Use the coupon and get the game for X price. I can easily foresee BB not issuing coupons for games that will be $9.99 or free, but only price X if coupon is applied.

Trade List Games & DLC

Resells: Spec Ops The Line $2

GAMESHARE PHANTOMS:  Catherine $4 Tomb Raider $5 Darksiders II + DLC $5 Disney Brave - $5 Storm - $1 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - $5 Rayman Legends - $8.50 NBA 2K14 $7

PS+ $40

#44 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:49 AM

See ya.

#45 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:53 AM

Are the coupons stating the price of the game will be X after it is applied, or are you placing the value on the game? If it is the first scenario, I will not be renewing because the coupons will make a sales drop invalid. The coupons will always carry the same value. Use the coupon and get the game for X price. I can easily foresee BB not issuing coupons for games that will be $9.99 or free, but only price X if coupon is applied.

Those are the prices after coupon. That is why they are so high now since we do not know if there will be any sales to stack with the coupons yet.
Currently playing:

#46 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:55 AM

You know one can just be friendly to blueshirts and they may just let you use the coupon without buying the magazine, instead of having a chip on your shoulder.

I'm surprised that BBY hasn't shrink wrapped the magazines to prevent people using the coupons without purchase. They probably want people to be using these, to clear out stock.

#47 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:56 AM

Those are the prices after coupon. That is why they are so high now since we do not know if there will be any sales to stack with the coupons yet.

Sleeping Dogs is $39.99. Therefore, it would be $24.99 after the coupon is applied. If the OP is adding the value himself, he needs to make this thread a wiki in order for the community to update the prices accordingly.

Trade List Games & DLC

Resells: Spec Ops The Line $2

GAMESHARE PHANTOMS:  Catherine $4 Tomb Raider $5 Darksiders II + DLC $5 Disney Brave - $5 Storm - $1 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - $5 Rayman Legends - $8.50 NBA 2K14 $7

PS+ $40

#48 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:59 AM

Sleeping Dogs is $39.99. Therefore, it would be $25 after the coupon is applied.

On BB.com MSRP is still $59.99. It's on sale for $39.99 this week though.
Currently playing:

#49 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:01 AM

An easier fix: "This is not the $10 Fall Special COD issue which is not included in the Gamers Club Unlocked subscription."

Don't need the parentheses.

Nope - because then "this" could be "the $10 Fall Special COD issue which IS included in the GCU subscription." "This" isn't the $10 Fall Special COD issue, period - no qualifiers.

Are we all ready for the magazine to actually come out? :)

I'm still honestly hoping for an explanation of "Mag has to been scanned along with barcode for GCU booklet." I don't think I have a GCU booklet, and I'm starting to feel insecure about it.

#50 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:05 AM

Nope - because then "this" could be "the $10 Fall Special COD issue which IS included in the GCU subscription." "This" isn't the $10 Fall Special COD issue, period - no qualifiers.

I'm still honestly hoping for an explanation of "Mag has to been scanned along with barcode for GCU booklet." I don't think I have a GCU booklet, and I'm starting to feel insecure about it.

I think he means if you go to subscribe, to get a free issue, it has to be scanned along with the GCU pamphlet that they use and give to anyone signing up.

#51 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:26 AM

Games that sell well won't show up in the coupons. BB is only concerned with moving stock of games that aren't.

Yeah cause games like Arkham City and Mass Effect 3 were complete failures.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#52 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:31 AM

All I know is I'm glad the oct issue isn't just CoD/activision shit. Hopefully Sleeping Dogs will go on sale for $40 again next month. Thanks op.

#53 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:33 AM

Sleeping Dogs is $39.99. Therefore, it would be $24.99 after the coupon is applied. If the OP is adding the value himself, he needs to make this thread a wiki in order for the community to update the prices accordingly.

I would rather have Enuf handle his own OP than misinformation like Sleeping Dogs being $24.99 after coupon being thrown about.

I'm sure the game will go back to regular price next week. I don't think this week's sale price will last all through October.

Just have some faith in Enuf. If for some God awful reason he doesn't correct his post remember, this is the internet. You can get that info elsewhere.

#54 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:38 AM

The gcu booklet is just the info booklet they keep and the counter there in the gaming section. Describes the subscription (basically the sales pitch) and has all the legal fine print.

You only need it when you are subscribing for the first time. Ring up the booklet and the mag and the mag will adjust to $0.00.

Just renewed a few days ago and had to walk the employee through it.

Short story long....don't stress about

#55 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:50 AM

So Sleeping Dogs is 40 now, but coupon makes it 45. Doesn't make much sense there.

If it was 40-15=25 I might be interested, but will probably rent as heard little replay value.

It is only $40 cause of this week's sale which ends Saturday night. Going forward I don't see BB allowing much stacking with sale prices, they haven't done it since late July with SSX.

#56 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:52 AM

I cant beleave how much angry birds is. Even with the coupon its so overpriced. Their ego has almost gotten activision big lol. Ill stick with my free android downloads

Lmao! That game will hit $5 so fast. Lmfao.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#57 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:24 AM

Changed the OP

OK, just wut here. Obviously I'm not keeping up. What is the GCU booklet? Why would I need a printout from a gaming kiosk? I've just been having them scan the coupons from the magazine. Seriously, what am I missing?

This is for people who aren't unlocked or know about GCU. Some of the 1st ?'s are
How much for just one mag?
How much for the sub?
How do I get the 1st issue to ring up free?

The last few threads weren't updated with plenty info & I'm hoping at this point there's no longer a need for tons of colors, links & bolding.

The coupons aren't live yet thus $24.99 isn't possible at least no one has confirmed anything as of yet. Once the prices change I update the OP as usual not sure if you've seen my previous @gamer threads but I stay on top of the stacks. The OP & title get changed accordingly. I was the one who had to keep track of the B:AC one which was craziest month along with the 1st issue "THEY STACK!!!" when sale prices actually started working w/o override.

#58 jmarano7836

jmarano7836

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

:drool::drool::drool: seriously... 9.99 for an additional magazine? i agree with what others said, if we were that big of COD fans than we most likely already have all of those games... i just don't see the point of it? also being an @Gamer subscriber, it almost feels like i'm being punished for them letting everyone know we won't be getting this magazine... weird marketing ploy BB... i'm not biting... your move.
Rule#2: Double-Tap :twoguns: :

#59 phoenixlau

phoenixlau

backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:19 AM

Unless Dead Island GOTY drops to $10 after coupon, this will be the first issue for me where everything is a blank. The COD issue is a total bust as well, the separate $10 buy-in for the magazine itself makes it unlikely to achieve good price points for MW3 and Blops 1.

#60 Terry_Maganas

Terry_Maganas

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:44 AM

Sup Fellas. I was wondering if you guys could give me a suggestion on which Hard Cover Limited Edition Strategy Guide I should use the 50% off coupon for joining the Best Buy Gamer Subscription. I usually buy my Strategy guides from Amazon and I am totally stumped. Thanks :-)