Photo
- - - - -

Oct. 2012 @Gamer-$20 Dead Island GOTY, $45 Sleeping Dogs, $10 off used game $29.99+

• Please log in to reply
562 replies to this topic

#61 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:23 AM

Changed the OP

This is for people who aren't unlocked or know about GCU. Some of the 1st ?'s are
How much for just one mag?
How much for the sub?
How do I get the 1st issue to ring up free?

The last few threads weren't updated with plenty info & I'm hoping at this point there's no longer a need for tons of colors, links & bolding.

Good job clarifying here and in the OP. I know you're trying to help and be thorough. Thanks.

Count me among those a bit disappointed that we didn't get a price drop/sale on Prototype 2, ME3 or Lollipop Chainsaw during the current coupon cycle (so far). I signed up for GCU fairly recently based on past deals, so I hope my faith that they'd keep coming wasn't misplaced.

#62 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

Sup Fellas. I was wondering if you guys could give me a suggestion on which Hard Cover Limited Edition Strategy Guide I should use the 50% off coupon for joining the Best Buy Gamer Subscription. I usually buy my Strategy guides from Amazon and I am totally stumped. Thanks :-)

If I remember right, the current Welcome Packet coupons expire early November (11/3 I think), so it'll have to come out before then. If you're picking up Assassin's Creed 3, that might be a good option. I'm not sure what other CE guides are coming out in that time frame.

#63 Skydude

Skydude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

Ugh, crappy coupons this month unless there are some amazing sales that happen. I really hope the lack of sales on the titles people were excited about this month (prototype 2, Mass effect 3, and Lollipop chainsaw) isn't a harbinger of the way BB will do things from now on.

At least there was the good deal with Witcher 2, even if that was hard to actually find and had nothing to do with the mag...

If this continues it won't be worth renewing, though.
Posted Image

#64 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

if angry birds drops in price i may pick it up. Already have Sleeping Dogs.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#65 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

Wow these coupons are about as bad as the CoD ones...

10 and 15 dollars off full price games?

A far cry from 10 dollar B:AC, SC5, and SSX
Posted Image
Posted Image

#66 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

As much as I love a great coupon month my trading has more than made up for the lack of good deals. After you trade in or buy $150 of used games everything is gravy. Still the best value but the coupons have stopped being uber-deals lately.

#67 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:40 PM

They probably started realizing the people who generally use these coupons aren't they type of people that will be pulled into the store by a good deal on a game and then spend more money on something else. I don't know what % of their profits come from media, but they must've been losing money on those $5 and $10 games.

#68 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:43 PM

Come on $20 F1 2012!!!!!!!

Currently Playing:
:360: Rocksmith 2014

:xb1: Titanfall, Forza 5

WANTED: :xb1: Madden 15 MUT pack codes! PM with offers!

#69 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

Wow f1 2012 JUST came out

#70 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

I need dead island goty but 20 is still too much. I will wait for 10! Also need sleeping dogs but I will wait a year or more if I have to to get it for 10.

#71 Chuck Stank

Chuck Stank

Colts/Hawkeyes Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:05 PM

Those coupons in the CoD issue are pointless if you have to pay 10 damn dollars just to get them.
Posted Image

#72 Rowdy1854

Rowdy1854

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

Wow f1 2012 JUST came out

No kidding, I might be in the minority but I am stoked that I got caught up in NHL 13 and hadn't opened my copy yet

#73 Guillermo_IGN

Guillermo_IGN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

$20 Dead Island GOTY AFTER $10 off coupon, that;s good. The only thing I'm interested.v

#74 rbanez

rbanez

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

Sup Fellas. I was wondering if you guys could give me a suggestion on which Hard Cover Limited Edition Strategy Guide I should use the 50% off coupon for joining the Best Buy Gamer Subscription. I usually buy my Strategy guides from Amazon and I am totally stumped. Thanks :-)

Try the Arkham City guide. I bought mine from amazon though, I was planning on using it for trying to plat the game but i got the Catwoman cover (w/c is freakin awesome) so i kept it sealed:D

EDIT: Uncharted 3 CE guide is really nice but its probably cheap by now. Skyrim (the first print) is a great guide too.

What im playing: 
|  :ps3: Dark Souls II :pray:   |  :vita: Spenlunky |

Recently completed:
- Grand Theft Auto V ( Great game, one of the best this gen )
The Last of Us  ( incredible game. gets the "Most honest and appropriate ending ever" award and goty )

#75 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

Only uniformed people jump at the base coupon of the $60 price but even with the last batch of coupons MSRP's dropped the prices on Lollipop Chainsaw, Prototype 2 & ME3 are still some of the best going. If these had been 2 for $60 games people would've jumped all over them. I love the $5-$15 games to but I've scored so much from GCU & the $15 has been more than recouped 1000X at this point everything is gravy. Not only that this time of yr is when BB kicks it in gear for all deals.

#76 icewolf74

icewolf74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

Is Dead Island any good? I am not big into sandbox games, then again I love Sleeping Dogs. Is this a game that would interest me? Also, I hear this game at release had a ton of game breaking bugs in this. Have these issues been remedied yet? Also, is the DLC worth being that it is the GotY version?

Thanks.

#77 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

Maybe Borderlands 2? (although I guess the will probably have a hardcover GOTY guide eventually).

Workin on it

#78 Deman93

Deman93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:29 PM

They actually had the Dead Island GOTY edition at my Best Buy for $20 last week and it wasn't even on sale. The price is probably YYMV but it might be worth checking out if you are interested and near a Best Buy.

#79 Roopie

Roopie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

Feel like Kingdom Hearts should be a bit lower, but thanks OP.

#80 WilsonWade

WilsonWade

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:46 PM

no real interest here. 2 months in a row that I haven't used a coupon for @gamer

#81 SallyNasty

SallyNasty

Super Sassy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:49 PM

What is the welcome package? I have been a member for for a couple months and never got a welcome pack.

#82 mza49311

mza49311

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:52 PM

You know one can just be friendly to blueshirts and they may just let you use the coupon without buying the magazine, instead of having a chip on your shoulder.

I'm surprised that BBY hasn't shrink wrapped the magazines to prevent people using the coupons without purchase. They probably want people to be using these, to clear out stock.

Lol I've actually had an employee tell me at checkout that I didn't have to rip out the coupon she had a sheet she could just scan there and use, I still bought the magazine but from the sound of it, she wouldn't of cared if I didn't , she scanned the sheet and I kept the coupon

#83 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:15 AM

Did people not pick up Sleeping Dogs during TRU 2 for $60? If you really want the game you can pick up a used copy from GS for $28 with that $10 off Coke code.

I was one of the ones who DID PM the 2/$60 deal from TRU at BB about 3-4 weeks ago. I just traded back my copy of Darksiders II from that deal a couple of days ago and I got rid of Sleeping Dogs about a week after I got it.

All in all, they paid me to play that game, Darksiders II AND Prototype 2 for a month.:D;)

As for the coupons in this mag, I see myself using next to none of them as well. Not that I really care, since I still have Skyrim and KOA:R to play through along with a bunch of other games and my next 'big' title I want is GTA V. That's likely at least 6 months off as of now. I'll keep my credit for now.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#84 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:40 AM

Me, too. This really blows.

no real interest here. 2 months in a row that I haven't used a coupon for @gamer

Dead Island is awesome! It's like a mix between Resident Evil and Borderlands. Two awesome series.

Is Dead Island any good? I am not big into sandbox games, then again I love Sleeping Dogs. Is this a game that would interest me? Also, I hear this game at release had a ton of game breaking bugs in this. Have these issues been remedied yet? Also, is the DLC worth being that it is the GotY version?

Thanks.

I hear you. I still can't believe I didn't jump onto that Batman: AC for $10 deal, because I was waiting for the GOTY edition. I'm not even sure if the Batman GOTY edition is even worth it over the vanilla version for $10.

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#85 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:44 AM

What is the welcome package? I have been a member for for a couple months and never got a welcome pack.

They are coupons you receive in the mail. Save 50% off any strategy guide, buy 2 games get 1 free (up to $40), buy 2 get 1 free used games, save 10% on a digital gaming purchase up to $15

#86 SallyNasty

SallyNasty

Super Sassy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:26 AM

Thanks man, I guess I will call customer service.

#87 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:25 AM

It took over 10 weeks for me. On the other hand, it does seem they send them out in batches, so if you signed up in late July perhaps you still should have received it by now.

#88 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:34 AM

Ugh, crappy coupons this month unless there are some amazing sales that happen. I really hope the lack of sales on the titles people were excited about this month (prototype 2, Mass effect 3, and Lollipop chainsaw) isn't a harbinger of the way BB will do things from now on.

At least there was the good deal with Witcher 2, even if that was hard to actually find and had nothing to do with the mag...

If this continues it won't be worth renewing, though.

I feel as though we are spoiled. This mag paid for it self with one good month out of the year. The only month I didn't use a coupon was last month that's a damn good record.

These coupons will be good when Angry Birds goes on sale (it will) or when DEad Island drops a little more.

#89 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:42 AM

It'd be nice if Sleeping Dogs got a sale, though even if it did I doubt it'd hit what I want it to. I Redboxed it and beat it but damn, I'd like to have a copy to hold onto. And I'll bite on Dead Island GOTY if it manages to hit $10; it'd be a better option than buying the DLC, even considering I own the vanilla copy.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#90 exopuppy

exopuppy

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:54 AM

They actually had the Dead Island GOTY edition at my Best Buy for $20 last week and it wasn't even on sale. The price is probably YYMV but it might be worth checking out if you are interested and near a Best Buy.

It was $20 universal up until last week. They thoughtfully raised the price $10 so we could feel better about using the coupon.