Photo
- - - - -

Oct. 2012 @Gamer-$20 Dead Island GOTY, $45 Sleeping Dogs, $10 off used game $29.99+

• Please log in to reply
562 replies to this topic

#91 nadohawk

nadohawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:05 AM

We haven't seen ten-dollar deals in a while (except for the Rewardzone deals). Do you think the execs in charge of weekly deals realized how much the coupons took off?
1 John 1:7,9
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

#92 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:24 AM

It was $20 universal up until last week. They thoughtfully raised the price $10 so we could feel better about using the coupon.

MSRP is $29.99 last I checked, so it was likely on sale for $20. A $10 game is still a good deal.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#93 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:30 AM

I feel as though we are spoiled. This mag paid for it self with one good month out of the year. The only month I didn't use a coupon was last month that's a damn good record.

Understatement of the year right here. Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed getting a ton of games for $5 and $10, but some of these games that the coupons are for next month are still decent deals at $20-30 apiece.

Posted Image

#94 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:02 AM

It'd be nice if Sleeping Dogs got a sale, though even if it did I doubt it'd hit what I want it to. I Redboxed it and beat it but damn, I'd like to have a copy to hold onto. And I'll bite on Dead Island GOTY if it manages to hit $10; it'd be a better option than buying the DLC, even considering I own the vanilla copy.

Sleeping Dogs was on sale until today for $39. Seems like BB is getting smarter :-k

#95 morpheus47

morpheus47

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:36 AM

How's the DLC for Dead Island? I already have the vanilla version but it's unopened so I could flip that and get the GOTY version if it's worth the hassle.

#96 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:50 AM

How's the DLC for Dead Island? I already have the vanilla version but it's unopened so I could flip that and get the GOTY version if it's worth the hassle.

the ripper is meh, the arena is only fun with friends, and the ryder white campaign I cant say much about. I did all of 5 minutes. Its more of the same gameplay but theres no achievements/trophies for it.

BTW thats not the reason I only played 5 minutes of it.

#97 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:29 AM

Well its offically sunday on the east coast and the website still shows sleeping dogs at 39.99, could this price acually hold ? I hope so lol
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#98 htz

htz

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:40 AM

Well its offically sunday on the east coast and the website still shows sleeping dogs at 39.99, could this price acually hold ? I hope so lol

It's back up to $59.99.

#99 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:42 AM

It's back up to $59.99.

Thats weird, i just checked it after your post and it still says 39.99. Wtf ? Lol
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#100 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:53 AM

Thats weird, i just checked it after your post and it still says 39.99. Wtf ? Lol

Still shows sale price, but when you click on it price shows 59.99.

Waste of coupon as sale price was less than coupon price.

Like most nothing for me this month. Coupons are bonus to me as I signed up for $20 rz cert for preorder.

#101 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:56 AM

Still shows sale price, but when you click on it price shows 59.99.

Waste of coupon as sale price was less than coupon price.

Like most nothing for me this month. Coupons are bonus to me as I signed up for $20 rz cert for preorder.

Yea you are right about the price thing. Still though, when ass creed and batman had those coupons they both went on sale twice after the coupons went active so we could see a sleeping dogs deal again. I know we havent had stacks since scv and ssx but lets wait and see !
Currently playing

690739.png

#102 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:01 PM

I'd be in for a $15 copy of Dead Island. $20 seems a bit too much. Everything else is kinda meh.

#103 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

no real interest here. 2 months in a row that I haven't used a coupon for @gamer

This is where you make your sub pay for itself buy trading titles for credit or cash. There's alot of non CAG's & non unlocked people who will happily pay $20-$30 for $50-$60 games. I make a point to find theses lost souls & provide them with enuf gaming deals to keep them busy.:lol:

I hear you. I still can't believe I didn't jump onto that Batman: AC for $10 deal, because I was waiting for the GOTY edition. I'm not even sure if the Batman GOTY edition is even worth it over the vanilla version for $10.

Don't really know how you passed it up with the high TIV you could've easily played it & traded it which would've greatly reduced the cost of the GOTY. Basically, $10-$15 for the GOTY.

I feel as though we are spoiled. This mag paid for it self with one good month out of the year. The only month I didn't use a coupon was last month that's a damn good record.

How quickly people forget when the coupons didn't stack w/o override. I think the mag before the SSX one(which people were complaining about too) there were some who declared @gamer "dead". Now watch BB drop a nuke issue in like Nov or Dec. then people will be right back. But by Feb. the complaints will return LOL.

Simply put if you can't...edit don't succeed(thru cheaper games and/or profit) from a $15 GCU membership you're either foolish, incompetent or a flatout failure in which case GCU isn't equipped to assist you anyways.

#104 lochdoun

lochdoun

Coast to Coast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

Terrible coupons.

Dead Island was once $10 used after coupon, GOTY is pointless since the DLC sucked.
Sleeping Dogs was $30 during the 2 for $60 TRU sale.
Angry Birds is a ripoff since they are 99 cent games.

Maybe F1 if it drops to $10 after coupon, which doesn't seem likely.
Currently playing: :pc: Tropico 4 | :360: Reckoning

#105 Xombie007

Xombie007

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

To those who are still looking to get a good deal on Sleeping Dogs because you missed out on the 2 for $60 sale that ended at TRU a week ago, consider this:

The @Gamer coupon will be valid for probably most of October and some of November. The odds that Sleeping Dogs will go on sale again for $40 at this time of year is pretty high (since BB is going to want to make room for newer titles). So just hang on to the coupon until the sale comes back.

Sup Fellas. I was wondering if you guys could give me a suggestion on which Hard Cover Limited Edition Strategy Guide I should use the 50% off coupon for joining the Best Buy Gamer Subscription. I usually buy my Strategy guides from Amazon and I am totally stumped. Thanks :-)

See if you can find an errant copy of the Skyrim CE or Diablo III CE guide lying about at one of your local BB stores. They've both been removed from the BB website (so are pretty HtF), and would fetch a nice profit if you could get hold of one and decide to flip it on ebay or something. The upcoming RE 6 LE guide might be another good choice to use that 50% off coupon on.

#106 KENFL0

KENFL0

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

Hoping for a sale on sleeping dogs so I can use the coupon

#107 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

I know you're trying to defend the mag enuf, but seriously bro...since SSX mag (which i never got in the mail and completely missed out on) when have we gotten a sale price to stack w/ the coupon sans the BF3 deal.

@gamer needs to get their heads out of their ass and stack these deals for us b/c I havent been impressed w/ them in the last few months.

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#108 crow3232

crow3232

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

yea if the prices dont drop i doubt if i will get anything. oh well dont really need another game now anyway

#109 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

I know you're trying to defend the mag enuf, but seriously bro...since SSX mag (which i never got in the mail and completely missed out on) when have we gotten a sale price to stack w/ the coupon sans the BF3 deal.

@gamer needs to get their heads out of their ass and stack these deals for us b/c I havent been impressed w/ them in the last few months.

So wait, for some reason BF3 doesn't count just because you Think it shouldnt? What's the logic there?

Ok, then the magazine has always sucked because other than ssx, batman, scv, skylanders, and ffxiii-2, when was the last time we got a good deal? :roll:

#110 digital ink

digital ink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

Did Lollipop Chainsaw ever go on sale this month? The reason I ask is because I was curious if F1 will drop.

#111 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

Did Lollipop Chainsaw ever go on sale this month? The reason I ask is because I was curious if F1 will drop.

sadly no.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#112 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

ME, lollipop chainsaw & ME3 all had their MSRP's drops(which can actually net better results than sale prices) & in the SSx/SCV mag SCV MSRP dropped too. The SSX coupon was for $30 so I'll can't really complain on a coupon that takes 50% off a new copy close to it's release.

Not saying you but people want it both ways...here's a good example when TRU did the 2 for $60 & sleeping dogs was $30 that's huge right. But if BB did a $30 off sleeping dogs & there was no sale price then the @gamer coupons "suck". How's that make sense & really if the coupon was $30 it would be better than the TRU deal since you would only have to spend $30.

I've asked this ? numberous times & still have yet to get an answer...if you don't like the gamers club(paid version) please show me(us CAG's) where you can get better/consistant game deals on like titles during the same time frame of release?
Not directed @ you even though I quoted your response b/c I obvioulsy like when there's $5-$15 games too but I can't complain about GC seeing as the 1st yr was FREE w/upgrade coupon & there's been several offers to get added yrs for free as well. The 100% trade in is the best offer period 1 or 2 flips pay for your $15 sub like BF3 to GS & 1 DS game back to BB now. At that point the whole yr is gravy even if you pay $10 for the COD mag which can also be paid for with 1 flip.

#113 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

Two months ago, smartass!

So wait, for some reason BF3 doesn't count just because you Think it shouldnt? What's the logic there?

Ok, then the magazine has always sucked because other than ssx, batman, scv, skylanders, and ffxiii-2, when was the last time we got a good deal? :roll:

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#114 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:03 PM

Why are you guys bashing @Gamer just for a couple of months of so-so coupons?
It's a $15 annual membership (not a $1000 gold club membership), which can easily be compensated with the 10% trade in credit and $20 preorder bonuses alone. If the coupons don't suit you, maybe work on your backlog and wait for the coming months?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#115 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

It's a $15 annual membership (not a $1000 gold club membership), which can easily be compensated with the 10% trade in credit and $20 preorder bonuses alone. If the coupons don't suit you, maybe work on your backlog and wait for the coming months?

I don't get then either. I use at least 1 coupon a month. People feel entitled lately

#116 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

Why are people complaining ? We were just spoiled by the march mag i guess lmao
Currently playing

690739.png

#117 hereon

hereon

Here-On Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

Agreed! These aren't marketed at us, CAGs. But even still they do have nice coupons that easily make up for the $15 or $5 per issue. But it seems like we will all just disagree :lol:

#118 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

I don't get then either. I use at least 1 coupon a month. People feel entitled lately

Entitled lately? I'd say it's been more than just lately.;)

Posted Image

#119 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

This is pathetic to see all the people complaining about @gamer.

#120 exopuppy

exopuppy

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

I'm only halfway through my subscription and it has been worth far more than $15 to me already. No complaint about the overall value of a GCU sub. But that doesn't mean I can't be disappointed when a month rolls around without any offers I like.