Photo
- - - - -

Oct. 2012 @Gamer-$20 Dead Island GOTY, $45 Sleeping Dogs, $10 off used game $29.99+

• Please log in to reply
562 replies to this topic

#181 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

I fin it funny how their review states how the angry birds game is not even nearly worth it for the price, which goes against what they are trying to get at on the coupon for it lol! I would buy it for no more than $10. They should have just made it an arcade game :P

I'm not gonna try and justify the $40 price tag, but it is nice being able to enjoy the games as a family on the big screen. We have enjoyed the purchase at $40 but I am a CAG so I will be adjusting the price when I get the coupon.

#182 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

If you want to save a lot of money on Angry Birds, can just buy Boom Blox for the Wii since its basically the same game ;p

#183 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:46 AM

Wasn't there a time few sellers was selling them for cheap on eBay after E3? I wasn't interested so I forgot the price, was it more than $15 off?

It was $20 off. It was right after E3 and he had about 200, so everyone speculated he took them from E3. That the one?

#184 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:51 AM

Wasn't there a time few sellers was selling them for cheap on eBay after E3? I wasn't interested so I forgot the price, was it more than $15 off?

But that's spending cash on eBay and spending cash on someone who likely got the mf'ers free from E3 by grabbing handfuls of them. No thanks. :booty:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#185 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

My magazine arrived today.

I was looking forward to this issue for the coupons alone.

That $10 off used $29.99 will be used for sure.

Might even pick up an additional mag for an extra coupon.

#186 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

I'm not gonna try and justify the $40 price tag, but it is nice being able to enjoy the games as a family on the big screen. We have enjoyed the purchase at $40 but I am a CAG so I will be adjusting the price when I get the coupon.

I saw this in the store today and could have sworn it had a shelf tag of $29.99, or $20 with the upcoming coupon.

edit: Nevermind, I was thinking of the Journey Collection.

#187 Multibeaster79

Multibeaster79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

My magazine arrived today.

I was looking forward to this issue for the coupons alone.

That $10 off used $29.99 will be used for sure.

Might even pick up an additional mag for an extra coupon.

What do you plan on using that $10 off for? I still have mine from last months coupons... Or were you trying to be sarcastic?

I could easily use the same coupon at GameStop because the turn around time from a person selling a game and it showing up on the shelves is minimal. And yes, while this system has some flaws (qa resting on the consumer for 1), one benefit is that newer titles show up "pre-owned" faster at GS than BB.

All month I watched BB website to see if a Madden 13 or Darksiders or other $29&up was available but nope. I'd just assume rather see a $5 off $20. Best Buy just doesn't have the used inventory yet.

Side note, still didn't receive this months magazine yet.

#188 Zarski843

Zarski843

The artist formerly know as Lazer77

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

Quick question, I just recently subscribed to @Gamer so I don't know how it works. Lets say for example Sleeping Dogs has a $15 off coupon for the month, how often does say Sleeping Dogs go on sale during the month it has a coupon?

Or are the games with coupons usually about the same price during that month?

Zarski843.jpg

#189 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

Still nothing for me.

#190 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:15 PM

What do you plan on using that $10 off for? I still have mine from last months coupons... Or were you trying to be sarcastic?

I could easily use the same coupon at GameStop because the turn around time from a person selling a game and it showing up on the shelves is minimal. And yes, while this system has some flaws (qa resting on the consumer for 1), one benefit is that newer titles show up "pre-owned" faster at GS than BB.

All month I watched BB website to see if a Madden 13 or Darksiders or other $29&up was available but nope. I'd just assume rather see a $5 off $20. Best Buy just doesn't have the used inventory yet.

Side note, still didn't receive this months magazine yet.

In all honesty I intended to use it to buy WWE'12 with it but the price has dropped to $24.99 now.

Nascar 2011 is $34.99 so might grab that with it.

I really wished I had noticed that coupon was in Septembers issue....I was in the store the other day trading in stuff to get store credit and prices hadnt adjusted yet then.

Dammit.

#191 atc250es

atc250es

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:19 PM

Didnt get my mag, first time I havent gotten it in time for the new coupons.

#192 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:16 AM

Just received mine in the mail today as well. Now it's a waiting game for some sale prices on Sleeping Dogs and Dead Island GOTY.

#193 equality

equality

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:31 AM

Quick question, I just recently subscribed to @Gamer so I don't know how it works. Lets say for example Sleeping Dogs has a $15 off coupon for the month, how often does say Sleeping Dogs go on sale during the month it has a coupon?

Or are the games with coupons usually about the same price during that month?

In my experience most of the games with coupons go on sale at some point, but I don't think anyone knows when they'll be on sale, so it's worth waiting.

#194 gravel

gravel

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:49 AM

I got my magazine today. Come on sub $30 Sleeping Dogs!

Currently Playing
:ps3:
Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Diablo III, Skylanders Swap Force, The Puppeteer
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Pokemon Y
:psp: Tearaway

#195 crow3232

crow3232

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:15 AM

got mine today. but yea. if they dont drop in price so $10 or $15 w coupon idk if i would get any

#196 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:47 AM

Same here. Normally get it the week prior. Hopefully it wasn't because I renewed. I renewed prior to it expiring.

#197 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:56 AM

It was $20 off. It was right after E3 and he had about 200, so everyone speculated he took them from E3. That the one?

But that's spending cash on eBay and spending cash on someone who likely got the mf'ers free from E3 by grabbing handfuls of them. No thanks. :booty:

Yep, that's the one. Just wanted to get a general feel of the "discounted" price of PS+. I too won't never give these people the satisfaction.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#198 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:05 AM

I never even consider any of the @gamer coupons until a price drop happens. Seems to happen like clockwork.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#199 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:42 AM

Should get my mag on monday
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#200 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:46 AM

Should get my mag on monday

http://about.usps.co...al-holidays.htm

The USPS is closed on Monday.

#201 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:50 AM

Same.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#202 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:55 AM

http://about.usps.co...al-holidays.htm

The USPS is closed on Monday.

Oh yea lol. No biggie though as the coupons i plan on using dont have sales to stack them with this week anyway
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#203 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

FWIW, I'm a digital subscriber and I got the email with my coupons overnight.

Workin on it

#204 equality

equality

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

FWIW, I'm a digital subscriber and I got the email with my coupons overnight.

Me as well.

#205 j_j

j_j

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

Thanks for the info on the offer this month, going to get F1 2012 for $40, I like F1 racing and seems like a good price, though I know EA sports game go down in price quickly.

#206 fenners

fenners

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

Thanks for the info on the offer this month, going to get F1 2012 for $40, I like F1 racing and seems like a good price, though I know EA sports game go down in price quickly.

F1 is a Codemasters game, not an EA one.

#207 investor

investor

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

Not all EA games drop fast. FIFA 12 is still $45, FIFA 13 can be had for $35, but only if you purchase another EA sports title.

F1 is a good game, but for $40? I'll wait until it hit $10.

F1 is a Codemasters game, not an EA one.

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#208 WildVulture

WildVulture

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

Hey guys,
I know this is kind of a subjective question, but do you find that the GCU is worth it? I'm debating signing up for it today for the $20 Dishonored credit. But after signing up for GCU that's only a $5 bonus. Are the monthly coupons typically worthwhile? And can the pre-owned coupons be used online?

I work in Manhattan which means my local Best Buys are pretty terrible, unfortunately. Nearly NO preowned stock and only 5 Vita games for sale.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

#209 exopuppy

exopuppy

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

Far as I know, none of the coupons are usable online. Should all be in-store only. If you're particularly interested in preowned stock and you know your local availability sucks, that is a consideration. But on the other hand, you do the Dishonored deal and you're already up $5. That seems worth it to me, and any other coupons that come along in the next year just add to the party. Trust me, there will be more. In the 6 months I've had it, I've used 2-3 pretty regularly - this month may be the first I don't use any. MAY be. Sleeping Dogs and Dead Island could still happen.

Edit: GCU also gives you a welcome packet with some cool coupons, and a 10% trade-in bonus, which has certainly been worthwhile to me.

Edited by exopuppy, 08 October 2012 - 02:04 PM.
additional info

#210 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

Hey guys,
I know this is kind of a subjective question, but do you find that the GCU is worth it? I'm debating signing up for it today for the $20 Dishonored credit. But after signing up for GCU that's only a $5 bonus. Are the monthly coupons typically worthwhile? And can the pre-owned coupons be used online?

I work in Manhattan which means my local Best Buys are pretty terrible, unfortunately. Nearly NO preowned stock and only 5 Vita games for sale.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Well if you sign up and get $10 extra credit when you buy dishonored, that means you are going to purchase it for $5 effectively.

Given all the games you've seen in this thread:

$10 B:AC
$10 AC:R
$9 GoW3 (used)
Free Tera
Free Mac Games
Free Deadliest Warrior
$7 Crysis 2 (used)
$7 Dead Space 2 (used)
$10 ME3 (possibly CE)
$10 BF3 (possibly free if found 1st run copy)
$20 MW3
$20 Lollipop Chainsaw

And the list goes on and on and on...

I think you see where I'm going here.

Edited by Jimmienoman, 08 October 2012 - 04:41 PM.