Oct. 2012 @Gamer-$20 Dead Island GOTY, $45 Sleeping Dogs, $10 off used game $29.99+

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
THESE COUPONS ARE NOT FROM THE $10 "FALL SPECIAL" COD ISSUE & THE COD ISSUE IS NOT INCLUDED AS PART OF THE $15 PAID GAMERS CLUB UNLOCKED SUBSCRIPTION SO YOU MUST SPEND AN ADDITIONAL $10 IF YOU WANT ANY OF THE COUPONS FROM THAT(COD) ISSUE.(Link below)

CREDIT + THANX TO loxthefox

October @Gamer Coupons

Assassin's Creed 3 is on the cover
Coupons are valid 10/7/2012 thru 11/3/2012

icon10.gif
Coupons DO STACK with SALE prices(no override should be needed since they now state "valid on sale prices")
icon10.gif
Coupons DO STACK with the 10% discount on USED games for GCU($15 PAID MEMBERSHIP)
icon8.gif
Coupons DO NO STACK with PRICE MATCHES, "PACKAGE" deals (buy 2 get 1, etc), other coupons on the same title or other promotions (monthly 10% off, etc)
:joystick:Coupons DO NOT WORK with ONLINE ORDERING yet BUT if enough people "KUDO" in the link provided below BestBuy will change the coupons accordingly like they did with coupons stacking with sale prices.
:nottalking:BestBuy allowing a single coupon to be used on 2 copies of the same game is COMPLETELY YMMV but per the wording on the coupon 1 per game.

The Oct. mag cost $5 for a single issue or it's free with $15 Gamers club Unlocked(GCU) subscription. Mag has to been scanned in the same transaction with the subscription barcode from the GCU subscription booklet(found in-store behind the trade in counter) or printout from gaming kiosk.

PRICES IN GREEN REPRESENT THE PRICE YOU PAY AFTER THE COUPON IS DEDUCTED

$20 Dead Island GOTY AFTER $10 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...s=960&st=dead+island+game+of+the+year+edition

$45 Sleeping Dogs AFTER $15 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##5##6&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$30 Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance AFTER $10 off coupon
$25 USED w/$10 off pre-owned coupon below NOT INCLUDING 10% GCU discount
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kingdom...2.p?id=1218512740683&skuId=4709462&st=kingdom hearts&lp=1&cp=1

$30 PS3/X360 $20 NDS Angry Birds Trilogy AFTER $10 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

$40 F1 2012 AFTER $20 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##6##e&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$270 Triton Warhead headset AFTER $30 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Tritton...65.p?id=1218708013632&skuId=5936865&st=Triton Warhead headset&cp=1&lp=1

$60 Razer Naga Gaming Mouse AFTER $20 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Razer+-...8661380065&skuId=5559544&st=5559544&cp=1&lp=1

$10 OFF ANY pre-owned game $29.99 and up.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pre-Own...es/pcmcat232900050017.c?id=pcmcat232900050017

Fall COD Special Issue
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Call-of-Duty-Special-Edition-Gamer/td-p/586998

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327310

Gamers Club Unlocked FAQ
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamers-Club-Changes-9-12-11/td-p/320180

Having problems receiving your mag on time/at all contact @gamer CS direct @ 1-800-678-3643
https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/FAQ-cc.jsp?lsid=&vid=&cds_page_id=86076&cds_mag_code=GMR
You may also want to contact your local postmaster as well

Vote for getting the coupons to work online
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Allowing-Gamer-Coupons-to-be-used-online/idi-p/475807

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the new thread. Definitely cleaner/better than dumping it all into one ongoing megathread.

As far as the deals, I'd love to grab Dead Island if it gets down another $10. Like it was two weeks ago.

In a perfect and sexy world, Sleeping Dogs would get marked down to at least $30 before coupon though I doubt this world can be sexy enough.

[quote name='Enuf']
Fall COD Special Issue
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Call-of-Duty-Special-Edition-Gamer/td-p/586998
[/QUOTE]

Just so people know, it's an extra $10 to get it.

"Hello Gamers!

Best Buy and @Gamer are bringing you a Call of Duty special issue to help you gear up for Call of Duty: Black Ops II, and the celebrate games and gamers that made this franchise the juggernaut it is.

Look for this magazine in Best Buy stores on 9/30. The cost for this issue is $9.99. Gamer's Club Unlocked members, this will not be mailed out to you, so you'll want to pick it up too!"

What a rip on the COD mag. $10? Talk about milking it. I am not complaining about it not being an Unlocked thing but rather it being twice the price of a normal magazine.

Nothing again for me. That's 2 months in a row now. I'm getting very disappointed with these Best Buy Reward Zone coupon deals.

[quote name='Investor']Nothing again for me. That's 2 months in a row now. I'm getting very disappointed with these Best Buy Reward Zone coupon deals.[/QUOTE]

Are you bummed that you aren't saving $30 on a game very month from a magazine you paid $15 for?

Meh, I bet the CoD magazine has some extra goodies like a poster or some sneak peaks at the new game to try and justify the $10 cost. To a big CoD fan I'm sure that's worth $10 but I am just glad we got a separate magazine that wasn't CoD themed and I hope I can get Sleeping Dogs for $20-25 since I've heard so many good things about it.

I'd go for Sleeping Dogs if the game hits $30 before coupon.

That CoD issue is a joke. I would have liked to get that PlayStation Plus coupon, but if I have to pay $10, I'd rather just take my chances and hope for a better deal in the three months I have left to renew.

Wow $15 for Sleeping Dogs already and $10 for Kingdom Hearts wish i had a 3DS,I would have thought about Angry Birds if it was $5 but i refuse to pay so much for games that are $1 ea. On the phone.

EDIT: DOH! Read it too fast whoops i should read more carefully next time.

I smell a $10 Angry Birds ($20 sale price) in the near future. There's no way they can hold that game anywhere near its MSRP.

Year subscription for regular magazines- $15

One regular magazine - $5

One special magazine - $10

Guess which one is the rip-off. I really wanted to use that $15 off PS+

Im using a little of my Gamestop credit to get a bunch of 1$ games with that 5/1 deal to flip them to bestbuy just for sleeping dogs. That with the coupon and a sale for the game should do the trick. Dead island having a 20$ sale would be great as well :)

So Sleeping Dogs is 40 now, but coupon makes it 45. Doesn't make much sense there.

If it was 40-15=25 I might be interested, but will probably rent as heard little replay value.

[quote name='Enuf']I'm to blame for the sponsered mag idea & it's not geared towards us(CAG's) at all but will benefit us in the short/long term. BB receives money for the issue(sponsered) & more money for the issues purchased($10 vs $5). This added money means profit for BB based on GC & should increase GCU memberships & visibility thus strengthening the GC. This will allow BB to offer more aggressive gaming deals & not just limited to GCU.

Think of it this way Activision & other game companies that you may or may play will allow BB to offer more $20 coupons vs $10 ones more RZ coupon deals & even more $15-$20 GC & RZ offers(which obviously benefits us CAG's). All these additional deals are going to subsidized by the "masses" who WILL BUY the $10 mag. And to be honest if the sales stack right($5-$10 COD games) there will be plenty of CAG's putting up $10 for the mag too.

^^^big picture it's all about a better GC with more deals & more months like March(Rage/ME2/Bulletstorm $5 ea, $1 B:AC) which is what we all want. More months where games like Sleeping dogs, Transformers Fall of Cybertron, Amazing Spider-Man, Dragons Dogma hit $10-$15 & this wiill get us there.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Geco17']Just so people know, it's an extra $10 to get it.[/QUOTE]You must not have read the BIG RED BOLDED TEXT IN THE OP:)

[quote name='cancerman1120']What a rip on the COD mag. $10? Talk about milking it. I am not complaining about it not being an Unlocked thing but rather it being twice the price of a normal magazine.[/QUOTE]read my response above^^^ also this is why it isn't forced on GCU members or us "losing" a month of coupons. Greater good

[quote name='rbanez']$10 for 1 issue? I know a rip off when i see one. I thought I will be getting PS+ for $35 tsss.[/QUOTE]Again not a rip off^^^ they could've made this October's issue or increased the GCU membership to $20-$25 don't you think this is the better option.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']So Sleeping Dogs is 40 now, but coupon makes it 45. Doesn't make much sense there.

If it was 40-15=25 I might be interested, but will probably rent as heard little replay value.[/QUOTE]

That's the sale price you're talking about.

[quote name='cancerman1120']What a rip on the COD mag. $10? Talk about milking it. I am not complaining about it not being an Unlocked thing but rather it being twice the price of a normal magazine.[/QUOTE]

Milking it just like activision has done to the game the last 5 years.

[quote name='Namerson']That's the sale price you're talking about.[/QUOTE]

When does the sale end? Coupon is worthless if not valid during sale.

[quote name='Investor']Nothing again for me. That's 2 months in a row now. I'm getting very disappointed with these Best Buy Reward Zone coupon deals.[/QUOTE]

i dont think best buy cares ur dissapointed, surely they didnt make this magazine only thinking about you....but maybe they did and they just dont get you.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']So Sleeping Dogs is 40 now, but coupon makes it 45. Doesn't make much sense there.

If it was 40-15=25 I might be interested, but will probably rent as heard little replay value.[/QUOTE]

The sale will probibly end before the coupon is active. If that price does hold however then I will be more happier than a pig in shit lol

Did people not pick up Sleeping Dogs during TRU 2 for $60? If you really want the game you can pick up a used copy from GS for $28 with that $10 off Coke code.

[quote name='209chromatic']Did people not pick up Sleeping Dogs during TRU 2 for $60? If you really want the game you can pick up a used copy from GS for $28 with that $10 off Coke code.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to do that tru deal but I had no gaming funds at that time :(

[quote name='209chromatic']Did people not pick up Sleeping Dogs during TRU 2 for $60? If you really want the game you can pick up a used copy from GS for $28 with that $10 off Coke code.[/QUOTE]

There was no other game I was interested in for the 2 for $60 not to mention buying my textbooks were a bigger priority so no, not everyone was able to get the deal sadly.

[quote name='Enuf']THIS IS NOT THE $10 FALL SPECIAL COD ISSUE & IS NOT INCLUDED AS PART OF THE GAMERS CLUB UNLOCKED SUBSCRIPTION

Mag ... free with $15 Gamers club Unlocked(GCU) subscription.[/QUOTE]

Lolwut?

[quote name='Enuf']Mag has to been scanned along with barcode for GCU booklet or printout from gaming kiosk.[/QUOTE]

OK, just wut here. Obviously I'm not keeping up. What is the GCU booklet? Why would I need a printout from a gaming kiosk? I've just been having them scan the coupons from the magazine. Seriously, what am I missing?

[quote name='209chromatic']Did people not pick up Sleeping Dogs during TRU 2 for $60? [/QUOTE]

People for whom $30/game CAG probably did not, no.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still shocked at how great that 2 for $60 deal was and I still haven't opened DS II (did pick up a cheap copy of DS1 at Sears that I wanna beat soon). For anyone who hasn't picked up Sleeping Dogs yet I highly recommend you do so asap.

Also as a GCU member I feel that it's a huge rip off to sell the other magazine for $10. I can see $5, and would gladly pay it, but for $10 I'm gonna have to figure out what coupon other than the PS Plus I would even consider using.

[quote name='gantt']Lolwut?

[/QUOTE]

Might want to read the rest of the first sentence you quoted. He specifically says that (CoD edition) magazine is $10 and not included in membership. The second quote is for the magazine this month that is included in membership.

man if sleeping dog would get to 20$ id be happy
with the ME triliogy i didn't use any coupons this past month except to grab battlefield 3 for free.
hoping for a sleeping dog sale

[quote name='mitnosi']Was hoping for Dragon's Dogma, damn :([/QUOTE]
Games that sell well won't show up in the coupons. BB is only concerned with moving stock of games that aren't.

FYI, Dragon's Dogma is getting DLC next year with a new underground area, new monsters, plus a hard and speed mode.

My guess is that the magazine is $10 so best but gets half and activation gets half. Makes sense to me. C'mon people, it's two big businesses with $100+ worth of coupons. Someone has to actually make money art the end of the day

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']Might want to read the rest of the first sentence you quoted. He specifically says that (CoD edition) magazine is $10 and not included in membership. The second quote is for the magazine this month that is included in membership.[/QUOTE]

The sentence in the OP actually does say the opposite of what is intended.

Using "and" makes it sound like he's still talking about "This..." where he was referring to the October issue.

"This is not..." the COD issue...

"and is not..." included.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']Might want to read the rest of the first sentence you quoted. He specifically says that (CoD edition) magazine is $10 and not included in membership. The second quote is for the magazine this month that is included in membership.[/QUOTE]

Nope, he says (well, shouts):
"THIS IS NOT THE $10 FALL SPECIAL COD ISSUE & IS NOT INCLUDED AS PART OF THE GAMERS CLUB UNLOCKED SUBSCRIPTION"

Fixed:
"This is not the $10 Fall Special COD issue (which is not included in the Gamers Club Unlocked subscription)"

Still too many negatives, but you get my point.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']The sentence in the OP actually does say the opposite of what is intended.

Using "and" makes it sound like he's still talking about "This..." where he was referring to the October issue.

"This is not..." the COD issue...

"and is not..." included.[/QUOTE]
I must have corrected it as I read it. Still, it's fairly clear if you read the entire OP.

[quote name='gantt']Nope, he says (well, shouts):
"THIS IS NOT THE $10 FALL SPECIAL COD ISSUE & IS NOT INCLUDED AS PART OF THE GAMERS CLUB UNLOCKED SUBSCRIPTION"

Fixed:
"This is not the $10 Fall Special COD issue (which is not included in the Gamers Club Unlocked subscription)"

Still too many negatives, but you get my point.[/QUOTE]
An easier fix: "This is not the $10 Fall Special COD issue which is not included in the Gamers Club Unlocked subscription."

Don't need the parentheses.

Thanks for the info....

*Yawn* So what else is going on??? Is this the Best Buy??? I expected more but it seems like they are destined to be another competitor that tried but failed. First they steal a month from us and then they come back with mediocre sales/coupons. Thanks but no thanks... The interest was there but i will pass on another year of magazines and coupons that do not get used.

Are the coupons stating the price of the game will be X after it is applied, or are you placing the value on the game? If it is the first scenario, I will not be renewing because the coupons will make a sales drop invalid. The coupons will always carry the same value. Use the coupon and get the game for X price. I can easily foresee BB not issuing coupons for games that will be $9.99 or free, but only price X if coupon is applied.

[quote name='kerouac kid']Are the coupons stating the price of the game will be X after it is applied, or are you placing the value on the game? If it is the first scenario, I will not be renewing because the coupons will make a sales drop invalid. The coupons will always carry the same value. Use the coupon and get the game for X price. I can easily foresee BB not issuing coupons for games that will be $9.99 or free, but only price X if coupon is applied.[/QUOTE]
Those are the prices after coupon. That is why they are so high now since we do not know if there will be any sales to stack with the coupons yet.

You know one can just be friendly to blueshirts and they may just let you use the coupon without buying the magazine, instead of having a chip on your shoulder.

I'm surprised that BBY hasn't shrink wrapped the magazines to prevent people using the coupons without purchase. They probably want people to be using these, to clear out stock.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']Those are the prices after coupon. That is why they are so high now since we do not know if there will be any sales to stack with the coupons yet.[/QUOTE]

Sleeping Dogs is $39.99. Therefore, it would be $24.99 after the coupon is applied. If the OP is adding the value himself, he needs to make this thread a wiki in order for the community to update the prices accordingly.

[quote name='kerouac kid']Sleeping Dogs is $39.99. Therefore, it would be $25 after the coupon is applied.[/QUOTE]
On BB.com MSRP is still $59.99. It's on sale for $39.99 this week though.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']An easier fix: "This is not the $10 Fall Special COD issue which is not included in the Gamers Club Unlocked subscription."

Don't need the parentheses.[/QUOTE]

Nope - because then "this" could be "the $10 Fall Special COD issue which IS included in the GCU subscription." "This" isn't the $10 Fall Special COD issue, period - no qualifiers.

Are we all ready for the magazine to actually come out? :)

I'm still honestly hoping for an explanation of "Mag has to been scanned along with barcode for GCU booklet." I don't think I have a GCU booklet, and I'm starting to feel insecure about it.

bread's done
Back