The 2012/2013 NBA Season Thread

advanced

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Training camps opened today (or yesterday), so basketball season is officially underway. A lot of interesting moves this past summer should make for an interesting season. Who you got?

Rolling with my hometown Grizz of course and also the Pacers and Bucks! I expect the Bucks to get off to a fast start and end up 2nd in the Central division with the Pacers #1. Biggest question for the Grizz is how the new pieces like Bayless fit along with Arthur(who just got injured again!)

Dallas is a team I'm really interested in. They got younger and faster in 2 key position(both players coming from my fav teams!) They're gonna get D12 next year as well...scary.

I really hope D12 leaves LA, but I kind of doubt it. I'd love to talk smack to everyone in LA about it after this season.

I don't think the Lakers are going to do that great. They've got two great mixtures (Nash/Gasol, Kobe/Dwight), but I don't see them meshing well under Mike Brown and this new Princeton offense. I'm hoping for another second round flameout. That' should force D12 to take off.

I'm sticking with my Celtics. We took Miami to 7 and we were really depleted with no bench (Ryan Hollins scored the only points for the bench in game 7. 2 points, exactly.) and we reloaded. JET and Lee were great pickups. AB coming back from shoulder surgery in late Dec./early Jan. and Rondo with all of the keys to the offense, I like this team.

I think the Clips are overrated too, but as long as it gets people to stop talking about LAL, whatever.

I'm actually kinda glad my Houston Rockets decided to finally just blow up the fucking roster. But why we have Kevin Martin still, I have NO idea. I'm "meh" about the Jeremy Lin acquisition at this point. Omer Asik is decent and has room to grow. What I'm really excited about and looking forward to is our rookies. They dominated in Summer League and I think Jeremy Lamb has a legitimate shot at ROTY. I also think Royce White has the potential to be something special.

Not expecting much this season, but there should be some entertaining games and a few upsets. At least we wont be the only winning team not to make the playoffs....again.

[quote name='PimpLimp']I'm actually kinda glad my Houston Rockets decided to finally just blow up the fucking roster. But why we have Kevin Martin still, I have NO idea. I'm "meh" about the Jeremy Lin acquisition at this point. Omer Asik is decent and has room to grow. What I'm really excited about and looking forward to is our rookies. They dominated in Summer League and I think Jeremy Lamb has a legitimate shot at ROTY. I also think Royce White has the potential to be something special.

Not expecting much this season, but there should be some entertaining games and a few upsets. At least we wont be the only winning team not to make the playoffs....again.[/QUOTE]

Blowing up was a good idea.

Paying Lin/Asik that much? Not so much.

[quote name='advanced']Blowing up was a good idea.

Paying Lin/Asik that much? Not so much.[/QUOTE]Yeah I think that blowing up was a good idea too, but I still can't help but miss guys like Kyle Lowry and Luis Scola. I can also understand, but not exactly agree with, why they decided to pay Lin that much. It's a combination of them outbidding the Knicks and seeing Lin as an investment. Houston has a HUGE Asian market and Jeremy Lin slides right in there perfectly with Yao Ming now gone. I 100% completely agree with you on Asik though. He was the Bulls' back-up center, they weren't going to pay him that much and I have no clue why we did.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just think Lin is going to end up being a flash in the pan star kind of like Felton when he was on the Knicks. He was a product of D'Antoni's system. He'll do huge numbers for Houston (since he'll be the de facto IT guy) and he'll sell a lot of jerseys but I don't think he's that great of a player.

I am dreaming. Someone please kick me in the nuts to make sure im not dreaming.

A4JDNz0CAAAFcuA.jpg

:drool::whee::bow::applause:

[quote name='Kidd Mischief']
1001-jason-terry-526.jpg
[/QUOTE]

... that made me want to throw up. Hahaha.

I'm a lifelong Laker fan, but was watching the media day interview with Kevin Durant. Durant said some things about the team being on the same page with the same goal and then saying he needed to play with some more mean-ness. He was questioned on whether or not it was possible for there to be a mean Durant. He said definitely, there's a whole other level he hasn't hit yet. If he does "level up", then OKC could get even scarier.

[quote name='perdition(troy']
121001024801-miami-heat-big-three-media-day-2012-story-top.jpg
[/QUOTE]

1001-jason-terry-526.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Gordon-Main.jpg

(Im fucken kidding, lol)

East is going to be stacked, Fun to watch

Heat
Nets
Celtics
Sixers
Knicks
Bulls
Pacers

Hope the knicks get there shit together and start being a serious threat in the playoffs, too much talent on that team. We are missing out on some bad ass playoff series from them. Also hope D-Rose gets back 100% sooner than later.

1001-jason-terry-526.jpg
[/QUOTE]

If they get good JET they will be a threat, if they get "I can't make a jump shot for the fucking life of me JET," they aren't making it past the second round. Not knocking the guy because he is a great fucking player when he is on, but I still think he could have been so much better than he ended up being.

Before Soodmeg comes in here and jumps on my shit, his number deserves to be hung in the rafter's and in those two Final's runs he was a fucking beast.

Those throwback Nugg jerseys rock! Alex English used to make those fly as hell. And yeah, Lakers will breeze through easy. Not even a L fan but I got goosebumps seeing that.

Go Bulls! *cries* *leaves thread*

Harden, I dont hate you now!

Also, I really hope the Raptors somehow get good. I really want this to boil down to basically Lamb for Harden.

P.S. i really hate OKC

Unless Lamb turns out to be a beast, OKC gets a downgrade in Martin. Harden would be something for Houston to work with if Houston had something to work with, so we'll call that a wash.

[quote name='advanced']Glad to see that the lockout was so effective in allowing teams to keep their stars. SMH.[/QUOTE]

lol can't tell if you're joking so I'll assume you are.

I read earlier that Harden turned down contract worth $52 million, so I figured he'd be gone sooner or later. It's pretty sad to see players only caring about making the most amount of money they can. Then they wonder why the higher-ups can't put together a Championship team. :roll:

It really makes you appreciate the players that have stayed with one team their whole career a lot more.

1001-jason-terry-526.jpg
[/QUOTE]

As a Mavericks fan, this really hurts my heart. :cry:

[quote name='renique46']Presti is a genius. Okc just fleeced Houston lmao[/QUOTE]

Harden was one of the best players in basketball last season, and he turned 23 years old two months ago. He was as good as 2005-2008 Manu last season, and he may get even better. Unless the Thunder get multiple top 5 draft picks, I can't say the Rockets were fleeced.

Speaking of Manu, how much will he be fined this year for flopping with the new rules? I am going with he will owe more than he gets paid :lol:

Houston continues its firesale. Lin and Harden is the future... haha. I think what everyone is skipping over is the fact that Houston gave away essentially a lottery pick from Toronto. This is the true gem.

This trade (this year) hurts both these teams. OKC loses their X-Factor.

[quote name='lordopus99']Speaking of Manu, how much will he be fined this year for flopping with the new rules? I am going with he will owe more than he gets paid :lol:

Houston continues its firesale. Lin and Harden is the future... haha. I think what everyone is skipping over is the fact that Houston gave away essentially a lottery pick from Toronto. This is the true gem.

This trade (this year) hurts both these teams. OKC loses their X-Factor.[/QUOTE]

OKC loses their a key player that helped them get to the Finals last year. Definitely hurts them in the short run. But you can't say it helps them in the long run. That will remain to be seen. Lamb isn't guaranteed to be a superstar, a great player or even a good player. Those draft picks guaranteed to be great either. While the Thunder got plenty, it's hard to say that they got the better end of the deal at this point. Harden should have just taken a pay cut; instead he gets to go to Houston :lol:

[quote name='Krate']I read earlier that Harden turned down contract worth $52 million, so I figured he'd be gone sooner or later. It's pretty sad to see players only caring about making the most amount of money they can. Then they wonder why the higher-ups can't put together a Championship team. :roll:

It really makes you appreciate the players that have stayed with one team their whole career a lot more.

[/QUOTE]

Why would Harden take a paycut when OKC had no problem giving Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka the max? They have the money if they use the amnesty cause on Perkins

[quote name='62t']Why would Harden take a paycut when OKC had no problem giving Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka the max? They have the money if they use the amnesty cause on Perkins[/QUOTE]

I don't believe Ibaka got the max though he got did get a big deal.

None of OKC's guys got the max. They all took less than the max. Pretty sure that even though KD and Westbrook's deals are called max deals neither of them took full advantage of the Derrick Rose rule.

My mistake, Ibaka didn't get the max. Durant and Westbrook's contact are max as in they couldnt get more money from another team.

[quote name='lordopus99'] haha. I think what everyone is skipping over is the fact that Houston gave away essentially a lottery pick from Toronto. This is the true gem.

[/QUOTE]Thank you. And if Martin can even somewhat replicate the points Harden could, he becomes a nice expiring contract for trade bait or to let OKC play around in free agency.

[quote name='AJVtony831'] Lamb isn't guaranteed to be a superstar, a great player or even a good player. [/QUOTE]

He isn't guaranteed to be terrible either so that point is irrelevant if anything hes more trade bait if hes somewhat productive

Watching the Cavs game and they're off to a good start against the Wall-less Wizards. I'm surprised that Luke Walton's already in the game, as I assumed he would get paid to not play while the youngsters take over. Anderson Varejao's already racking up the offensive rebounds like he did to lead the league last season before the injury.

lmao literally the first game of the nba season and both Chalmers and Wade try to flop, lets see this how this fine system works. Courtney Lee looking like a great pickup for the C's. Cavs looking good so far.

Anderson Varejao is destroying the Wizards with more rebounds by himself than their entire starting lineup. 20 rebounds in three quarters so far to 16 by Washington's five starters.

Good win for the Cavs. This will be a fun year for the Cavs as the rookies and other youngsters build some chemistry together and get better along the way.

I can't wait for Byron Scott to see that Luke Walton is not good for this team and give him the Omri Casspi treatment.

The C's were all around terrible tonight. And we still hung in with the Heat. The chemistry needs work, but I like a lot of our new guys. Barbosa got crazy hot tonight. I love that pickup.

-has Steve Nash on team-

-runs Princeton offense-

double-facepalm1.jpg

this shouldn't even be close and somehow once again LA gets in its own way.

bread's done
Back