The 2012/2013 NBA Season Thread

• Please log in to reply
758 replies to this topic

#451 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:21 AM

Gary Neal had the game of his life and the Spurs just embarrassed the Heat tonight.

#452 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

read a recap of the game, looks like the spurs just couldn't miss from 3 point land.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#453 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

Summary of Game 3 in one GIF:

SpoeFace_original.gif

Allow to loop 16 times.
Posted Image

#454 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:34 AM

Jason Kidd is the Nets new coach.

#455 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:39 AM

Becoming a head coach with no resume for team that's in very much in "Win Now" mode. Very likely the most difficult position he could have possibility taken in the league. I like Kidd so I hope it works out, but I have my reservations.

Posted Image

#456 SpiderKnight

SpiderKnight

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:18 AM

No coaching exp and yet Kidd's already better than guys like Mike Brown and Mike D'Antoni.

#457 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

Hopefully Spurs can win today. I see lebron having a good game today or not and they'll lose.

#458 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

Unlikely to happen, but it would be funny if DWill can run JKidd out of town if the Nets were to struggle...

#459 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:35 AM

Oh look the battier/lebron flopping returns

I have no idea why Pop continues to have Splitters corpse out there when they have Blair rotting on the bench.

Splitter has been fed about 4 dimes for easy points and gets his ass handed to him by scrub ass battier every other time. Dude is starting to have pau gasol hands.

Lol once again Splitter gets denied in crunch time, how the hell is pop letting this happen? Splitter and Manu have been terrible, you could at least try to give others minutes to see if they can step up rather than manu trying all these failed ass magic johnson passes for free turnovers and splitter literally letting anybody block him with ease. Hell at least try to see if Tmac/Blair can go when these starters start choking, if it doesnt work then ok but at least you tried and gave it a shot. Doesnt help that Scott Foster once again ruins another game with his inconsistency that always plays out in Miamis favor.

#460 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:26 AM

Splitter sucks shit he really does.

Manu sucks shit too. Spurs need to win the next game or PACK IT UP

#461 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:13 AM

So...are the Heat now in control? Or just until the Spurs win again?

#462 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:01 AM

According to Espn the Heat have always been in control.

#463 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

What I find most curious is that Jason Kidd, with no coaching experience at all, gets an instant head coaching job.  Meanwhile, Patrick Ewing, who has been an assistant in varying capacity for the last decade, gets no head coaching consideration and another assistant coaching job.

Don't you know that when the Spurs win, they're playing right into Miami's plan?

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#464 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

I dont know, i always thought players that played point guard positions were more coach ready. Becuase they are leaders on the floor, controlling the tempo of the game, calling plays, making decisions. Thats why you see Kidd, Avery Johnson, Mark Jackson, etc. getting coaching jobs.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#465 tgk2044

tgk2044

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

I dont know, i always thought players that played point guard positions were more coach ready. Becuase they are leaders on the floor, controlling the tempo of the game, calling plays, making decisions. Thats why you see Kidd, Avery Johnson, Mark Jackson, etc. getting coaching jobs.

Pretty much this. They're called floor generals for a reason.
Posted Image

#466 thamaster24

thamaster24

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:59 AM

Anyone surprised at the non-calls in the first quarter of game 4? There were some legit steals by the Heat, but the majority of those Heat steals, Spurs TOs, were arm slappers.  I know the aggressor is usually the one to get the benefit of ref, but still some of those were fouls.  Also, the Heat are aggressively playing the Spurs bigs to the point where before they even catch the ball, they're getting hounded.  It may or may not be a foul, I get that it's the playoffs, but with a different crew out there, we'll see how they call it.

Posted Image

#467 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

The heat have been being called for more fouls and less free throws the entire series. I am so tired of people bitching about refs (in general, not just this series. The nfl too)

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

#468 thamaster24

thamaster24

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

The heat have been being called for more fouls and less free throws the entire series. I am so tired of people bitching about refs (in general, not just this series. The nfl too)

I don't really think it affected the game that much. I mean the Heat went on their run in the second half.  I'm talking about a few calls here and there that refs miss every game.  And saying that we'll see how different refs call hounding big guys is a legitimate point.  Different refs may call the contact that wasn't called in game 4. Bitching about the refs and observing how the Heat are playing the Spurs big guys is completely different.  And this is something I haven't seen anyone talking about. I'm also a Grizzlies fan and have no real rooting interest in this series other than to watch 7 games of HQ basketball.

To your first point, the Heat were the aggressors in game 4.  If you don't attack the basket (see Heat game 2, 3, and part of game 1) you don't get the benefit of the call. So to expect a team that has not been as aggressive to get the foul calls just isn't realistic.

Let's see if Wade can replicate that performance.

Posted Image

#469 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:34 PM

Heat have been getting away with agrressive reach ins this entire series.Shockingly enough Joey Crawford has been the ref in each  game Lebron actually gets called for more than 3 fouls.  Doesnt help either that Manu also is trying to play the role of James Harden in this finals.

Don't you know that when the Spurs win, they're playing right into Miami's plan?

Of course, gotta remember the golden espn rule."When Miami loses its cause they let the team win" "When they win, they finally decided to actually try"

#470 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:16 AM

Danny Green made it rain 3s tonight. Not only did he break Ray Allen's record for most 3s in a Finals series, but he's averaging 5 3-pointers a game. This next game should be pretty good with Miami trying to fight for a game 7.

#471 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:33 AM

Neither the Spurs or Heat have won two games in a row in these finals, and both have won on the other teams home court, so if this continues spurs will win in game 7. Im hoping they can finish the heat off in game 6.

Oh and i loved that call where the refs gave boris diaw a foul when mario chalmers gave him a bionic elbow smash to his face.

#472 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:41 AM

iMQEUg6LF4bZ3.gif

#473 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:23 AM

LOL sterns trump card activated, Duncan getting no respect now

#474 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:26 AM

do you even believe any of the dumb shit you post on here?  that game was fucking nuts though, I hope game seven is a thriller as well.

also love bosh calling it before the game at his press conference saying green wouldn't be open tonight, then stuffs him to end the game and he has only 3 points.  also, d-wade better show up in game 7 or he is just done.  he is aging incredibly fast.

#475 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:32 AM

Lol @ "stuffing" him   Fuck outta here

Heat luck out again. Pop doing his best Frank Vogel impression, Its like he didnt even see Vogel make that same mistake. Donated a game with a 5 point lead and you sit duncan  and it leads to offensive rebounds, then you dont even intentionally foul  to prevent 3's knowing they have no timeouts. GG Manu you choke again. Its amazing that if Tmac could maybe take some of Manus minutes this series probably wouldnt even reach 6 let alone 7

https://vine.co/v/hBV1XUjh2OQ

rotf disgraceful, gotta make sure they get to them clubs!

#476 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:40 AM

Happy the Heat were able to pull it out. Simmons was killing the Spurs in the postgame. Loved Pops comments about where he will lead his team.

#477 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

Poor coaching from Pops and a general lack of fundamentals from the Spurs. Like we are living in a Bizarro world here...

#478 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:38 PM

Spurs would have had this game if they would have just hit free throws. Leonard missed his first ft shot and I think Parker also missed a free throw before that, those would have pretty much sealed the game for them.

I think its funny how the announcer said something about lebron coming through in the clutch when he hit that 3 to tie the game. I guess he has short term memory of lebron losing the ball, shooting a tear drop shot that missed, and the 3 point miss seconds before he hit that 3. LOL. Lebron nearly cost the heat the championship. It was Ray Allen and Bosh who came through in the clutch. Lebron was choking so hard, he couldnt hit shit unless it was in layup range all 4th quarter, and even then he sometimes missed. Lebron also gets away with being too physical, that play he lost the ball out of bounds he shoved green to the floor with his elbow. I mean shit, if that was shaq using as much power as lebron does he would be called for offensive fouls every time. Its like lebron relies too much on driving to the paint and using his strength than using actual basketball skill to be great. Just drive in the lane, power in, and try to get a layup or dunk. LOL. I mean nothing wrong with that, but wow learn how to make a jump shot when the spurs are giving him 10 feet cushins.

But it was a really exciting game, i cant even remember the last time my heart was pumping like that near the end.

#479 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

Spurs would have had this game if they would have just hit free throws. Leonard missed his first ft shot and I think Parker also missed a free throw before that, those would have pretty much sealed the game for them.

I think its funny how the announcer said something about lebron coming through in the clutch when he hit that 3 to tie the game. I guess he has short term memory of lebron losing the ball, shooting a tear drop shot that missed, and the 3 point miss seconds before he hit that 3. LOL. Lebron nearly cost the heat the championship. It was Ray Allen and Bosh who came through in the clutch. Lebron was choking so hard, he couldnt hit shit unless it was in layup range all 4th quarter, and even then he sometimes missed. Lebron also gets away with being too physical, that play he lost the ball out of bounds he shoved green to the floor with his elbow. I mean shit, if that was shaq using as much power as lebron does he would be called for offensive fouls every time. Its like lebron relies too much on driving to the paint and using his strength than using actual basketball skill to be great. Just drive in the lane, power in, and try to get a layup or dunk. LOL. I mean nothing wrong with that, but wow learn how to make a jump shot when the spurs are giving him 10 feet cushins.

But it was a really exciting game, i cant even remember the last time my heart was pumping like that near the end.

I agree with your first paragraph. Free throws cost them, not bad officiating like most Spurs fans are claiming. Ginobili missed a clutch one too before Leonard that woulda put them up six. Parker missed one in OT too. Leonard's is somewhat excusable, being a 21 year old in the biggest game of his life, but for two of the so-called "big three" to miss FTs down the stretch is inexcusable.

Officiating was clearly in the favor of the Spurs, not against them. The two popular no calls are Ginobili being fouled by Ray Ray down the stretch and Bosh blocking Green at the end. Do they really expect those tacky calls that late in an NBA FInals game? Absurd.

Make your free throws and you're not in either of the situations.

4ec5ccaa-5f05-42ab-bf25-403499b91b10_zps

and Dirk Nowitzki. After watching the 2011 Finals, I refuse to believe he's human. - Groo the Wanderer

#480 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

Had a foul been called on Allen on that Ginobili drive, all the TV analysts would be moaning about how the ref's gotta swallow the whistle in the final seconds.

And you could just tell by the look on Leonard's face that he was completely rattled at the free throw line. I was surprised when he didn't miss the second one.

pitfall_harry219.png

Now Playing: :ps4: Madden 15, :ps3: ICO, :ps3: Jeopardy, :ps3: NBA Jam On Fire Edition, :ps3: MX vs ATV: Alive