• Please log in to reply
758 replies to this topic

#31 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

Presti is a genius. Okc just fleeced Houston lmao

Harden was one of the best players in basketball last season, and he turned 23 years old two months ago. He was as good as 2005-2008 Manu last season, and he may get even better. Unless the Thunder get multiple top 5 draft picks, I can't say the Rockets were fleeced.
Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market

#32 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

Speaking of Manu, how much will he be fined this year for flopping with the new rules? I am going with he will owe more than he gets paid :lol:

Houston continues its firesale. Lin and Harden is the future... haha. I think what everyone is skipping over is the fact that Houston gave away essentially a lottery pick from Toronto. This is the true gem.

This trade (this year) hurts both these teams. OKC loses their X-Factor.

#33 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

Speaking of Manu, how much will he be fined this year for flopping with the new rules? I am going with he will owe more than he gets paid :lol:

Houston continues its firesale. Lin and Harden is the future... haha. I think what everyone is skipping over is the fact that Houston gave away essentially a lottery pick from Toronto. This is the true gem.

This trade (this year) hurts both these teams. OKC loses their X-Factor.

OKC loses their a key player that helped them get to the Finals last year. Definitely hurts them in the short run. But you can't say it helps them in the long run. That will remain to be seen. Lamb isn't guaranteed to be a superstar, a great player or even a good player. Those draft picks guaranteed to be great either. While the Thunder got plenty, it's hard to say that they got the better end of the deal at this point. Harden should have just taken a pay cut; instead he gets to go to Houston :lol:

#34 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

I read earlier that Harden turned down contract worth $52 million, so I figured he'd be gone sooner or later. It's pretty sad to see players only caring about making the most amount of money they can. Then they wonder why the higher-ups can't put together a Championship team. :roll:

It really makes you appreciate the players that have stayed with one team their whole career a lot more.

Why would Harden take a paycut when OKC had no problem giving Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka the max? They have the money if they use the amnesty cause on Perkins

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#35 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

Why would Harden take a paycut when OKC had no problem giving Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka the max? They have the money if they use the amnesty cause on Perkins

I don't believe Ibaka got the max though he got did get a big deal.

#36 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

None of OKC's guys got the max. They all took less than the max. Pretty sure that even though KD and Westbrook's deals are called max deals neither of them took full advantage of the Derrick Rose rule.

Posted Image

#37 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

My mistake, Ibaka didn't get the max. Durant and Westbrook's contact are max as in they couldnt get more money from another team.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#38 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

haha. I think what everyone is skipping over is the fact that Houston gave away essentially a lottery pick from Toronto. This is the true gem.

Thank you. And if Martin can even somewhat replicate the points Harden could, he becomes a nice expiring contract for trade bait or to let OKC play around in free agency.

Lamb isn't guaranteed to be a superstar, a great player or even a good player.

He isn't guaranteed to be terrible either so that point is irrelevant if anything hes more trade bait if hes somewhat productive

#39 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:49 PM

Watching the Cavs game and they're off to a good start against the Wall-less Wizards. I'm surprised that Luke Walton's already in the game, as I assumed he would get paid to not play while the youngsters take over. Anderson Varejao's already racking up the offensive rebounds like he did to lead the league last season before the injury.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#40 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:23 AM

lmao literally the first game of the nba season and both Chalmers and Wade try to flop, lets see this how this fine system works. Courtney Lee looking like a great pickup for the C's. Cavs looking good so far.

#41 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:49 AM

Anderson Varejao is destroying the Wizards with more rebounds by himself than their entire starting lineup. 20 rebounds in three quarters so far to 16 by Washington's five starters.

#42 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:06 AM

Vareshaq

#43 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

Good win for the Cavs. This will be a fun year for the Cavs as the rookies and other youngsters build some chemistry together and get better along the way.

I can't wait for Byron Scott to see that Luke Walton is not good for this team and give him the Omri Casspi treatment.

#44 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:47 AM

http://updates.deads...ith-the-victims

I can't wait until he retires.

Posted Image

#45 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:19 AM

lmao

#46 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:12 AM

Heat

#47 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:00 AM

The C's were all around terrible tonight. And we still hung in with the Heat. The chemistry needs work, but I like a lot of our new guys. Barbosa got crazy hot tonight. I love that pickup.

#48 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:43 AM

-has Steve Nash on team-

-runs Princeton offense-

Posted Image

this shouldn't even be close and somehow once again LA gets in its own way.

#49 Krate

Krate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

http://updates.deads...ith-the-victims

I can't wait until he retires.

I literally facepalmed when he said that yesterday. It's sad that Ernie Johnson had to correct him once they went back to the pre-game show after the ring ceremony.

...In other news, my Mavs currently have the best record in the West. :whee:

:lol:

#50 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

-has Steve Nash on team-

-runs Princeton offense-

Posted Image

this shouldn't even be close and somehow once again LA gets in its own way.

Mike Brown is not an intelligent guy, and his offensive schemes have always been horrendous - to the extent that one even exists.

#51 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

I literally facepalmed when he said that yesterday. It's sad that Ernie Johnson had to correct him once they went back to the pre-game show after the ring ceremony.

...In other news, my Mavs currently have the best record in the West. :whee:

:lol:

It's surprising that they won. I honestly thought they were going time get blown out. It's nice to see this team isnt totally dependent on Dirk

#52 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

Well James Harden sure had an impressive debut. But busy with watching the Warriors play. Go Warriors! :D

#53 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:45 AM

Well James Harden sure had an impressive debut. But busy with watching the Warriors play. Go Warriors! :D

Yes he sure did. I was pretty pissed at first with what the Rockets gave up in the trade but this pretty much clears up all doubts I have. I now legitimately think Harden can be the main option in an offense and produce. Of course Houston's D was atrocious, but there assist totals were impressive and I think with time to gel the Rockets might be a dark horse in the west this year.

Oh yeah, Lakers lost again lol.

#54 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:00 AM

Let's go Kings!

Hoping that Tyreke can get it together this year and continue playing like he did last night.

Isaiah, Tyreke, and Cousins. Hopefully those three and our surrounding young players (TRob, Thornton, Jason Thompson, Aaron Brooks, James Johnson) can develop into something this year. Probably not playoffs but at least working on better team chemistry.

Almost beat the Bulls last night (albeit without Rose) but it was a good effort.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#55 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:08 AM

And holy crap Harden going off like a MFer.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#56 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

Let's go Kings!

Hoping that Tyreke can get it together this year and continue playing like he did last night.

Isaiah, Tyreke, and Cousins. Hopefully those three and our surrounding young players (TRob, Thornton, Jason Thompson, Aaron Brooks, James Johnson) can develop into something this year. Probably not playoffs but at least working on better team chemistry.

Almost beat the Bulls last night (albeit without Rose) but it was a good effort.

It's a good sign that Cousins has lost weight in consecutive seasons. Improved conditioning will help him cut down on fouling, which will allow him more time on the court.

#57 Mad D

Mad D

CAG lurker since 04

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

Kobe was the one who wanted to implement the Princeton offense. He has been clamoring about it since the Olympics. Mike Brown is most likely bending to his will. They are 0-10, including pre season. No team in NBA history has ever been to the finals with zero preseason wins.

Tyreke Evans looked great tonight. It helps that Smart is actually using him at the two and no longer taking the ball out of his hand and making him a stand in the corner small forward. That first jump shot he took from the three point range didn't even resemble his shot from last year, there was no hesitation and the release is so much quicker. His defense on the larger Deng was also a fun thing to watch. Cousin's on the other hand although he looks like he is in much better shape still hasn't matured as much mentally yet. He couldn't get through his head that he can't drive on a player like Noah who is just as mobile and long as he is.

No way James Harden doesn't keep up what he is doing. It's probably going to be like when T-Mac left Toronto. There isn't much talent on that team besides Lin and Parsons since the franchise gut itself for the Dwight Howard sweepstakes.

trying to start or finish

Spoiler

#58 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

I heard this on my local ESPN radio station the other day and thought it was fucking awesome:

BEARDSANITY!!!!

#59 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

It's halftime and Harden has 17 points, I can already see him having another monster game. Rockets are dominating on the glass too, +10 on offensive boards alone.

#60 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

Dwight Who? The Magic cruising on :D