The 2012/2013 NBA Season Thread

• Please log in to reply
758 replies to this topic

#61 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

...I can't believe it...The Bobcats...won...a...game?
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#62 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

And it's game over! James Harden finished the game with a new career high of 45 points and Lin also put up a good stat line. I'm liking this backcourt more and more. I wanna wait till at least mid-season to get a better look, but Houston might just have one of the youngest and most talented backcourt duo in the NBA for years to come.

#63 adonfraz

adonfraz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:31 AM

I was down on Harden since he played poorly in the finals, but he's playing up to his new contract. Plus, I enjoy watching complete players who aren't flashy or rely too much on athleticism.

He'll be good for a long time.

#64 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:41 AM

MWP at sg?
Morris getting minutes over Meeks?

ladies and gentlemen

Posted Image

#65 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:18 AM

So far the Celtics are making me :puke: this season.

New sig coming soon.

#66 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:26 AM

Ditto here, Demo Man. 2 games in and I'm sick to my stomach.

#67 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

A lot of new look teams are surprisingly win less and trying to work out the kinks to getting back to form.

If the Clippers actually worked on their offensive game,free throw shooting, and defense instead of constantly trying to test out the new fine system for flopping they could actually go places.

#68 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

Not sure if they put this on SportsCenter, but here's a trick shot from Rondo to beat the 24-second buzzer during last nights game vs the Wizards.

#69 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

Byron Scott needs to learn that putting in the entire second team to replace the starters for a bit is a bad idea, as they turned a double digit lead from the starters into a double digit deficit for them to get back from against Milwaukee. He did just sub a few guys in during the second half rather than the whole team, but the damage was already done. That they got back to tying it up near the end due to Kyrie taking it upon himself to get them the win was great, but that buzzer beater wasn't a huge surprise considering they didn't do a good job of stopping Milwaukee on defense all game long.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#70 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

Not sure if they put this on SportsCenter, but here's a trick shot from Rondo to beat the 24-second buzzer during last nights game vs the Wizards.

Respect on that play for the amount of awareness Rondo had.

#71 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:21 AM

Lakers end up getting their first win of the season.

#72 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

The Magic are looking pretty decent. Showing what can be done when the offense is more than dump to Dwight and have everyone else campout for threes off kick outs.

Still don't expect much from them, but they can likely contend for the 7th or 8th playoff spot rather than being near last place in the east as many projected.

#73 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:44 AM

sounds about right

#74 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

The Lakers just canned Mike Brown.

#75 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

The Lakers just canned Mike Brown.

That was fast as hell.

#76 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

Fast, but not surprising. Lakerland doesn't take kindly to waiting. This 1-4 start has been the quietest it's been since after Shaq left here. They freak out over everything. As a Celtics fan, its kind of fun to watch. Only when it continues this way though. Once they right the ship or have Phil Jackson come save Kobe, it gets old real fast.

#77 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

Phil Jackson HAS to be waiting in the wings for them to pull out Mike Brown this fast. No assistant coach is going to do a better job and the screams of bloody murder will only get louder in the meantime.

#78 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

The only thing I'm shocked about Mike Brown getting canned is how soon it happened. Personally I was predicting it would happen by the All Star mid-season break. Personally I actually like the Lakers to do well only because it makes the match ups against my Celtics that much more fun to watch.

New sig coming soon.

#79 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

Living in LA would change that for you. I'm pretty sure my neighbors threw a party when Nash and Howard came to LA. It was practically a full on rager with a DJ and yellow and purple balloons until 2AM.

#80 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

He needed to go sooner. His rotations are god awful, why make Mitch waste the mmle to bring in a backup to Kobe if your not gonna play him and go with this garbage 2 pg front court. Not to mention because of his horrible rotations, it scared off a lot of veterans like Ray Allen from signing with the team because of playing time concern. If the organization is smart they're throwing heaps of cash at either Sloan or Jackson. Sloan has already expressed interest in coaching LA.

also
Posted Image

Edited by renique46, 09 November 2012 - 11:48 PM.

#81 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

He needed to go sooner. His rotations are god awful, why make Mitch waste the mmle to bring in a backup to Kobe if your not gonna play him and go with this garbage 2 pg front court. Not to mention because of his horrible rotations, it scared off a lot of veterans like Ray Allen from signing with the team because of playing time concern. If the organization is smart they're throwing heaps of cash at either Sloan or Jackson. Sloan has already expressed interest in coaching LA.

also
Posted Image

Nash and Gasol running the pick and roll would be a beautiful sight to behold.
Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market

#82 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

Sigh

http://sports.yahoo....h-12101909.html

Posted Image

#83 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

http://espn.go.com/l...ers-source-says

Wow, apparently the Lakers chose D'antoni over Jackson and Jackson was stunned when he got the news as he was expecting to take the job as long as his agent could work the limited travel arrangement etc. out.

#84 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

Pringles now come in eggplant/eggyolk flavor, eh? Good for them.

#85 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

http://espn.go.com/l...ers-source-says

Wow, apparently the Lakers chose D'antoni over Jackson and Jackson was stunned when he got the news as he was expecting to take the job as long as his agent could work the limited travel arrangement etc. out.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :rofl:
They think Brown was bad... :lol:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :rofl:

#86 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

Dear Jim Buss,
Fuck you, you stupid fucking asshole.

Sincerely,
Everyone

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#87 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

D' Antoni over Jackson.:wall:

#88 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

I love the hire. Increases the chances that Dwight considers coming to Dallas.

#89 mgbasketball10

mgbasketball10

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

You guys might not care much but Chase Budinger's set for surgery tuesday or wednesday. Being a huge T-Wolves fan, I was devastated when I heard. He's been by far our best wing (not counting AK47), and losing him for 8 weeks or more just sucks with the rest of the injuries we're dealing with.
Always thinking one step ahead, like a carpenter...who makes stairs.

#90 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

You guys might not care much but Chase Budinger's set for surgery tuesday or wednesday. Being a huge T-Wolves fan, I was devastated when I heard. He's been by far our best wing (not counting AK47), and losing him for 8 weeks or more just sucks with the rest of the injuries we're dealing with.

Yeah missing Rubio and Love is bad enough but now Budinger..... that hurts.

New sig coming soon.